Server Merge FAQ - Updated: 9/22

Cyan

Hello.

I was thinking about this:

Q: What will happen to my house, mansion, estate, and/or palace? 
The housing auction and bidding will close at an announced date in september. Housing will be reset for all servers. For players who own a house, mansion, estate, and/or palace, you will receive the Kinah price you paid for your home along with three weeks of the maintenance fees. Please do not abuse this system. We will be monitoring this for inflated Kinah gains, and accounts attempting to exploit the system will face action. Housing auctions will be opened again in October.

I realy think that is super unfair for the players that pay the mansion, state, palace or what ever, like me, 500m kinah like 4 years ago, ofc, that money was like 5 billions now, and ofc, i cant sell it now, after the notice of the merge, ppl is not buying places any more, they are just moving it form one friend to another to get more kinah in the merge.
I think a way to prevent any problem, like ppl that pay 300, 500m 3 or 4 years ago, or to prevent that the ppl who is selling over priced and buying overprices from one friend to another to make kinah on the merge, is just given to all of us the same amount of kinah, if u have a mansion u get 2b, if u have a state u get 3b, and if u have a palace u get 4. some thing like that sound lot more fair.

Well, its mi point of view... thx for read.

Cya!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cosita-SL said:

ppl is not buying places any more, they are just moving it form one friend to another to get more kinah in the merge.

Yeah, I wondered why one mansion on my server had a few bids and was up to 500m while there were two listed at 112m with 0 bids. Then it hit me... duh.

12 hours ago, Cosita-SL said:

Hello.

The housing auction and bidding will close at an announced date in september. Housing will be reset for all servers.

I still think there should be either 1. Instanced type housing or 2. Channels in Pernon/Oriel or 3. More houses, mansion, etc available in the slightly newer maps (Enshar/Cygena) just like there are some in Gelk/Ingi. There is no way all these people will be able to purchase a new place once merges happen. If not, remove or lessen the effects of soul sickness. I can see many players, myself included, being turned off to doing anything if not able to benefit from owning a place. 

Cyan, I'm having a problem at one of my accounts when I try to transfer alts to avoid faction conflict.

Basically I can't transfer them exactly because of faction conflict.

r1E6RvB.jpg

As you can see at the image, I have elyos toons on IS (that I would like to transfer to Siel so I can keep the characters on Kahrun) but I can't do that because I also have asmos at Siel (I would like to send them to IS, so they can stay with the other asmo toons, but I can't cause well... there are elyos there).
Is there anything I can do to transfer them before the merge or do I have to wait until the time when both races will be allowed at the same account?

I have the exact same problem @Angina-SL

I think you are going to have to just wait until the merge. We have been told that there will be a period of time (unspecified at the moment) where characters of opposite factions will be allowed on the same server. At that point you will be allowed to transfer characters despite the conflict. Like you, I would love to have all my conflicts taken care of prior to the merge. Maybe they will will allow characters of opposite factions on the same server early?

I have never seen server merges work as advertised.

Responding to Nyinu-KR, the message says that after the merge, race conflicts will be allowed for a few weeks and there will be free transfers. It doesn't say you'll be able to move a character onto a server that already has a character of the opposite race (at least I can't find it; tell me if I missed something). With characters (like alts) under L25 unable to transfer and the probability that one or both servers for an account will have both races, I think there will be a lot of users that get unresolvable race conflicts. Having played the game since the beginning, the way they've resolved this is to extend the several-week period to infinity. So for example, I've had both races on a couple servers since the first merge about a year after launch -- 2012 or something. So "a couple weeks" is currently 5 years and growing.

If I had to make a suggestion, I'd say they should just officially let you have both races on a server. Just allow mixed race transfers and officially let them play forever. I suppose there is some loss of game integrity if you can spy on the other race. In the days of paid accounts, it cost you a few dollars per month to do that, because you'd need two accounts. Now with free accounts, you just make another account. In the last couple months, the race conflict has been one of the top issues (along with houses) that is consuming everybody's mindshare.

I tried a transfer today also, but it pretty much says I can't do any because the only available server is IS and that is the one I was trying to transfer off of because when the merge happens my TM and IS will be together and that's conflict. I guess I have to wait, instead of playing ahead of the game, to make things easier. Needless to say I will be very upset if things go wrong.

Just now, Raytri-TM said:

I tried a transfer today also, but it pretty much says I can't do any because the only available server is IS and that is the one I was trying to transfer off of because when the merge happens my TM and IS will be together and that's conflict. I guess I have to wait, instead of playing ahead of the game, to make things easier. Needless to say I will be very upset if things go wrong.

The spots for transfers are limited and the competition for the spaces into SL is fierce. You need to be pretty early on Wednesdays (when the transfers for the following week opens) to get a spot. I got one this past Wednesday, so it's not impossible. It will probably be worse when the kinah and GP restrictions are lessened. 

On 8/23/2017 at 1:36 PM, Cosita-SL said:

Hello.

The housing auction and bidding will close at an announced date in september. Housing will be reset for all servers. For players who own a house, mansion, estate, and/or palace, you will receive the Kinah price you paid for your home along with three weeks of the maintenance fees. Please do not abuse this system. We will be monitoring this for inflated Kinah gains, and accounts attempting to exploit the system will face action. Housing auctions will be opened again in October.

I realy think that is super unfair for the players that pay the mansion, state, palace or what ever, like me, 500m kinah like 4 years ago, ofc, that money was like 5 billions now, and ofc, i cant sell it now, after the notice of the merge, ppl is not buying places any more, they are just moving it form one friend to another to get more kinah in the merge.
I think a way to prevent any problem, like ppl that pay 300, 500m 3 or 4 years ago, or to prevent that the ppl who is selling over priced and buying overprices from one friend to another to make kinah on the merge, is just given to all of us the same amount of kinah, if u have a mansion u get 2b, if u have a state u get 3b, and if u have a palace u get 4. some thing like that sound lot more fair.

Well, its mi point of view... thx for read.

Cya!

So it's "fair" to you so you get more money, meanwhile people like me who paid 15b for an estate get the shaft?

I'm pleased that the server moves I set up last week went through without a hitch this morning. I was also able to set up some moves, including to Siel, today. If these go through plus another week and I may have server conflicts resolved for the fall merger.

@Cyan,when will you guys lift the gp  and kinah cap.It was said on mid september but will be announced prior.And mid september is next week already. Plus you guys  will make name change ticket unavailable starting september 13? Can't you guys  add one more week to it like do it on the 20th? I'm waiting for the gp cap lift before transferring and I wanted to change my name as well for a new start.What do you mean  by name change ticket will be unavailable,not sold in bcm anymore or even if we have  purchased early on we will not be able to use it?

Look, the entire premise that you, NCSoft are somehow preventing players from having opposing factional characters on the same sever is absolutely ludicrous at this point. The only difference is that now they have more than 1 account to do it, and you certainly aren't preventing anyone on that level either. So you maintain this facade like you have some kind of control in this area, and you continue to cause detrimental damage to the community and player base by maintaining that stance.

If you HAD been successful at it the game wouldn't be in the state that it's in now. Siege warfare is dead, rifting is dead, every damn thing that was good about PvP was killed off more successfully than ANYTHING else you've done in Aion. There is absolutely no point to continuing this absurd point of view; there isn't really much benefit at all to maintaining both races on the same server as a 'spy' not only because of the reasons I just mentioned but because YOU DON'T HAVE THE PLAYER BASE TO CARE. Stop hanging onto a problem that doesn't exist anymore and fix the problems that do i.e. letting people move where they like so they actually WANT to continue playing. Would you really rather lose them completely than allow people to go where their friends are and keep playing? The answer is obvious, unless you are trying to fail.

• Aion Team

Hello all! Wanted to update everyone on the latest and hottest server merge news. The date of the merge have been set! Merges will be happening on October 11. Housing auctions will be disabled two weeks prior to that on September 27. Free character transfer without restrictions are still in progress, but we expecting to have them implemented sometime this week. More news on how they will work will come soon. Finally, the server names voted by the community are:

• Katalam - SL/BR
  • Danaria - IS/TM/KR

16 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello all! Wanted to update everyone on the latest and hottest server merge news. The date of the merge have been set! Merges will be happening on October 11. Housing auctions will be disabled two weeks prior to that on September 27. Free character transfer without restrictions are still in progress, but we expecting to have them implemented sometime this week. More news on how they will work will come soon. Finally, the server names voted by the community are:

• Katalam - SL/BR
  • Danaria - IS/TM/KR

Knew it. Either way, great names. I'm sure there's gonna be a ton of QQ about the names though.

31 minutes ago, Cyan said:

• Katalam - SL/BR
  • Danaria - IS/TM/KR

Dislike the server names but meh just names.  Was hoping for a fresh start looking forward not a nostalgic look back.  Hopefully developers bring the zones back to make even more confusing.  Wanna goto Katalam no man I like Danaria.  Better news is Oct 11.  Thanks for the update

50 minutes ago, Cyan said:

• Katalam - SL/BR
  • Danaria - IS/TM/KR

Thank you for the update. Time to seriously plan and enjoy the last few days of my Estate :S

So, we're naming the servers as a memorial to two places are are dead and will never come back? Wouldn't be surprised if the fate of the servers will have a dying population over time.

Bad jokes aside, I don't like those names. Should've named IS/BR/TM as Katalam at least. Would've been better.

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

• Katalam - SL/BR
  • Danaria - IS/TM/KR

cool names!!! <3 

Archived