Server Merge FAQ - Updated: 9/22

Cyan

3 hours ago, xPink-BR said:

What can be done to help me?

Don't worry xpink, forum said "Once the servers are confirmed to be running stably, we will reopen free transfers temporarily for those with faction conflict to transfer away from."

So all you have to do is wait till actually merges happen and then you will be able to free transfer again.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hola chicos, tengo una duda, cuando se fusionan los servidores tendré que entrar en el juego de nuevo para poder reescribir el nombre de mi pj, porque no juego desde hacer meses por la universidad, puedo hacer eso en otro momento. ¿me pregunto si esto es La fusión sera bueno o malo? Y que siga el PVP. Adiós

9 hours ago, Nyinu-KR said:

So what exactly did you ask for and what did Support say? Did you ask them to take the house immediately so that you could transfer? Or did you ask them to take the house and pay you for the house and maintenance fees that you would be getting if you stayed where you are and merged? I think that might be an important point. If they said no to the first, that goes against what Cyan told us Support would do. (i.e. take the house.. no kinah given back) if they said no to the second, ask them if they will take the house without paying you back any kinah at all.

And just to make sure, you are transferring your main character to IS, correct?

Yes, I'm going to transfer to Israphel my main character.

That was exactly what they answered. They said I have to wait for the merger so I lose the house.
My doubt is because I saw the post of Cyan saying one thing, and the support saying another.
I just want them to take the house from my character for me to be able to transfer before the merger.
If they can return the kinah too, it would be the same if I had to wait, it would help me a lot.
Because it's an investment I made in the first few weeks of the server, and it's not fair to lose and not be able to receive anything.
I think it costs nothing they are a little willing to help.
;(

6 hours ago, xPink-BR said:

Yes, I'm going to transfer to Israphel my main character.

That was exactly what they answered. They said I have to wait for the merger so I lose the house.
My doubt is because I saw the post of Cyan saying one thing, and the support saying another.
I just want them to take the house from my character for me to be able to transfer before the merger.
If they can return the kinah too, it would be the same if I had to wait, it would help me a lot.
Because it's an investment I made in the first few weeks of the server, and it's not fair to lose and not be able to receive anything.
I think it costs nothing they are a little willing to help.
;(

Yeah. Cyan told us Support would help when there is a conflict and take our housing so we could queue early. He did not say that Support would pay us the kinah.. just take the house. Though he didn't say that they wouldn't pay the kinah. It's the weekend so he isn't working, but perhaps you could send him a PM with your ticket number? Support isn't known for being correct or helpful.

P.S. If you were trying to transfer to SL, I could see Support telling you no since you will be merging in there anyway. That's why I asked. But that's not the case for you.

On 8/9/2017 at 8:07 PM, Cyan said:

Server merges are scheduled for early October, 2017. This is a work in progress FAQ to answer questions you may have regarding the merge and the process. 

Updated
Q: I have opposing faction characters on the servers that are getting merged. What will happen to them?
Accounts that have opposing races on the same server will be able to continue playing their characters for several weeks. To help mitigate the issue of having opposing factions on the same server, starting August 16 after the maintenance, free character transfers will be available by end of day. You will be able to transfer from any server to Siel, or Israphel, but not to Tiamat, Beritra or Kahrun. There will be a limit each week on how many players can queue for a transfer. Because of this, please plan out in advance how you would like to arrange your characters, and most of all, we ask that you please avoid transferring characters unless it is absolutely necessary to avoid faction conflict. 

Initially, server transfers will be subjected to the normal limitations which you can see here, and our intent is to allow players to transfer over their alt characters during this time. After a few weeks, we will temporarily remove the Kinah limitation and increase the GP cutoff to 1 million so players can move over their higher level or main characters. We will let players know in advance when to expect that. The level 25 requirement will remain in place regardless. Once again, we urge players to only transfer characters to avoid post-merge faction conflicts. 

Character creation and character transfer queueing will be disabled one week prior to the merge in order to stabilize the character database as much as possible prior to the merge. 

To allow players as much time as possible, we will be delaying the merge for a few weeks until early October. The final date will be announced at a later time as we get closer to the merge.

As stated above, after the merge, players with a faction conflict will be able to continue playing their characters for several weeks. Once the servers are confirmed to be running stably, we will reopen free transfers temporarily for those with faction conflict to transfer away from. Once this transfer period has ended, the remaining active accounts with faction conflict will be force-transferred and the standard character transfer limitations will be implemented. If your characters are force-transferred, we will not be able to honor requests to transfer them, so please make sure you take advantage of the free transfer queues while they are available.

Can you please indicate the destination of each server. I have at first glance 20 toons to transfer due to E-IS/TM-A conflicts (EVERY ONE OF THEM WITH A HOUSE). Reading through all of your posts Cyan there is no indication as to which servers are going where (unless it can be found in the Spring 2017 threads which I did not read as it is old and out-dated info).

Per the here,  restrictions above:

I cannot be in a legion so I must leave it/disband it to transfer. Does this mean I lose my legion name access/name ticket on the new servers?

I cannot have a house so I must sell it yet auctions are closed. BTW, the advice to buy it from yourself - how do you do that and transfer? All of my toons on Tiamat must move.

Please remove the transfer limits as transfers are closed (limited number reached).

Rather than place this burden upon each and everyone of us, can you not just see that account X has 5 toons E-IS and 3 toons A-TM and place them on opposite servers? That would leave the majority of transfers open to those wanting to rejoin friends or correct setup issues. I do agree with the majority that the ancient rule of not having cross faction toons on a single account is ridiculous. If you removed this issue you could reduce transfers by a huge amount. Do you really think this old rule still prevents AP trading? (This is not my first merge, it may very well be the last tho').

Additionally, the 1B Kinah limit is extremely low, especially when someone has only 2-4 toons on a server and 30B kinah.

To anyone else reading this that has a legion or wants to keep important items. I suggest you empty your legion bank, account bank and house cabinets of anything you really wish to keep. The last server merge deleted (lost) many items and if you think CService is really going to help you, then Good Luck. There is a limited number of character resets per account.

Good Luck to All, You will need it.

I do agree with the majority that the ancient rule of not having cross faction toons on a single account is ridiculous. If you removed this issue you could reduce transfers by a huge amount. Do you really think this old rule still prevents AP trading?

Other NC games do not have this restriction. As best I can tell, those games have no problems with this.

16 hours ago, SatanaHellstrom-IS said:

You've missed quite a bit of discussion and information. Let me see if I can catch you up.

First, the two new servers will be IS/TM/BR and SL/BR. Use that to figure out where your characters will end up after the merge. Then you can determine if one account is going to have both Asmodians and Elyos. For example, my main account has one 3 Kahrun Asmodians, 1 Siel Asmodian and 2 Tiamat Elyos. The KR Asdmodians and the TM Elyos will be on the same server after the merge. Those Elyos must be moved at some point so they will need to be moved to SL. When they are, they will be on the same server as the SL Asmodian. So.. the SL Asmodian will need to be moved to IS. That's my most complicated account. The others only have one or two conflicts.

The pre-merge transfers are going to happen in two phases. Both will only allow you to move to IS or SL and we have been asked to restrict ourselves to characters that will have a conflict after the merge (but not everyone is sticking to that.. which is going to make things harder for those with actual conflicts to move). The first phases has restrictions and is meant for alts that will be in conflict. The second phase will remove the kinah cap and allow up to 1 million GP to transfer (so basically there are like 20 people that can't move without losing GP!). That phase is meant for mains that will be in conflict. If you are having issues with kinah, just wait until the second phase. 

With housing, Cyan has said that if you can't sell your house in time to get a transfer, Support will take your house for you.. freeing you up to transfer. He didn't say if they would give any kinah back. If the kinah is an issue (and indeed Support won't refund kinah), then you can always wait until -after- the merge to transfer. At that point your characters will have lost their housing anyway and have already been refunded the sale price and a couple of months of maintenance. 

Which brings me to the fact that after the merge, transfers for conflicts will still be going on! So try not to worry too much if you didn't get into this week's transfer queue or you don't get into any of the transfer queues prior to the merge. You can always continue to try to get into the queue after the merge.

As for why there has to be limits on transfers, transfers extend the maintenance time. If there are too many at once, the servers will be down for too long.

Yes. If you transfer, you will lose your legion. There just isn't a way around that. Doesn't matter if you transfer pre or post merge. The only legions that will be remaining will be legions that have at least one character in it during the merge.

Bottom line, try and relax. Check to make sure you actually will have a conflict. Make a plan as to where characters will need to go. Try and get them off prior to the merge, but don't worry too much. You can always move them after the merge.

Question for @Cyan: Now that the merges have been pushed back to October, are housing auctions and such still coming to an end September 6 or will that also be moved out a month? Also, will everyone lose their housing as of that date or is it just a freeze on activity with the reset happening on the merge date?

• Aion Team
7 hours ago, Krysalinne-SL said:

Question for @Cyan: Now that the merges have been pushed back to October, are housing auctions and such still coming to an end September 6 or will that also be moved out a month? Also, will everyone lose their housing as of that date or is it just a freeze on activity with the reset happening on the merge date?

It will be pushed out a little and I will update the wording, thank you. 

Also, we have increased the queue limit for this week, so there are extra slots to queue for before Wednesday so get in there while you can!

I Think 4 star officers should also be able to get a title because 5 star officer and all the rest higher up do but 4 star officer ranking show's on the ranking board in game so basically you're giving the title for abyss ranking to 100 people and that's all 5 star officer and up when it really should be 300 people to include the 200 4 star officers that have also been working there asses off for glory points and abyss points since the game came out.

Question here. I'm trying to transfer my Tiamat  asmo to Siel or Beritra because i have gazillions of elyos on Israphel where all my elyos friends play. Thing is the server transfer service won't allow my asmo to move in any server except Israphel. What am I supposed to do now?

• Aion Team
On 8/21/2017 at 2:11 PM, XenXen-BR said:

When will the GP cap get lifted? Or will you not announce it until the week comes around?

It will be done after a few weeks. Probably mid September, but we will announce the date prior.

Hi, I was a long time player but stopped playing over a year ago. So I'm not up to speed with all this merger.

I have a few characters that I want to transfer. I have questions regarding items and warehouse. 

Is your warehouse transferred with you? Or only your inventory?

I understand theres a Kinah cap, but how about item cap?

just make sure of anything in account warehouse,  IE have nothing lost in it to a conflicting faction after the dust is clear day of merger, the rest of your stuff will be right where you left it in bags, character warehouse, cabinets, storage pets...

37 minutes ago, Kiatra-BR said:

just make sure of anything in account warehouse,  IE have nothing lost in it to a conflicting faction after the dust is clear day of merger, the rest of your stuff will be right where you left it in bags, character warehouse, cabinets, storage pets...

Yes, I understand that anything under the account warehouse can disappear if not moved. 

Does this apply if I transfer to SL ?  

If Im not mistaken, since I'm in KR I would transfer to the new TM/IS/KR server, but I want to try for the new SL server since all my friends will be there.

3 hours ago, Cornelia-KR said:

Yes, I understand that anything under the account warehouse can disappear if not moved. 

Does this apply if I transfer to SL ?  

If Im not mistaken, since I'm in KR I would transfer to the new TM/IS/KR server, but I want to try for the new SL server since all my friends will be there.

Just remember, if you manually transfer rather than get merged, you can't move again for a minimum of 30 days. So, if you transfer to Siel, you're stuck there until late next month.

You account warehouse will not transfer with you, so get all your stuff out of it if you want to keep it. You character warehouse will transfer with you, as will your cabinets and their contents (if you have any), your mail, and anything in your pet bags.

TY cheese, I should have been more specific, meant more a checklist what to clear out before manually transferring(read teh guidline/restriction page). the 'after merger' bit was more an "Oh crap, I left soemthign behind, now how da heck I get it before it's to late" warning

Archived