Aion Classic Petition

Unbeatable-KT

38 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

We certainly did not have anywhere close to 20k players at that time. Id say less than 30% of that. Also, I dont think money is the sole reason why the game went f2p.

And yeah, a sub game is really not enough, but there are still ways they can monetize things. This game made money in the 3.x and 4.x era, right ? It was not p2w at all at that time.

Let me stop you there at monetization. Players have been begging NC devs to add more skins to the existing store for years and now you think they will change?

When was the last time out of rotation that a skin request or new addition was added? If they did that already then more players would spend more. I know several players that have quit because the game refuses to add more.

We all know our version isn't going to be 100% free like KR except sub fee. They are going to push something.

Regarding your 4.x.

The game made money from EB scrolls and felc socketing.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help shake the feeling that Aion Classic is coming to the West in January.

On 12/22/2020 at 8:26 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

I support opening a classic server and even those that think it won't be viable should have no issue with one opening either. If it flops, it flops, nobody cares.

Being against classic server because you are scared it will bring too many people there and it will hurt retail then that is their issue to solve. If Aion classic is better than retail, that should tell them a story on how awful they are with those later patches.

For someone that prefers the retail such as yourself Arhangelos, I think this is the most respected post of an unbiased opinion. Respect.

Hopefully this post opens up some people's eyes when it comes to viewing their actual reasoning why they're so against an Aion Classic... and if it's not that obvious, that mainly refers to the people still playing retail currently.

On 12/22/2020 at 1:09 PM, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

I don't think anyone cares for the most part if Aion Classic comes to NA, and if it brings more people to the game that's good for the game but the issue is if it can only bring low numbers of people and takes 200 or something from retail. That is when we see the problems. Then you will see 2 poorly managed and funded games and they both will fail

See the post above. You're wrong in almost every way, especially about the fact that you're predicting that the Aion Classic will have a low population, and in this case it sounds like you're thinking there will be only 200-300 people just as the retail has. The only only thing you're right about is that it will probably be poorly managed. It's NCWest, it's always been poorly managed. But I don't need them to manage the game. I just need to them to copy and paste it from the version that is currently booming in KR right now.

On 12/24/2020 at 3:25 PM, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Only issue with that you can't expect sub fee alone is going to pay for the server so get ready to have your non p2w game ruined if they don't just choose to cut losses and just pull the plug on the game all together

What people have to understand NA's revenue for NCSoft has never been close to Korea's. Korea themselves don't expect even close enough numbers to that of NA. They do expect that there is business and there is an increase trend in their revenue, and unfortunately it has been a downward trend ever since basically the release of this game, except for a few short term spikes. This is the first time, hand in point to the Korean Classic, that the NA servers can actually see an upward trend in their revenue numbers... once again, even if no where close to how much revenue they have in Korea.

There is literally 300 people in between the 2 NA servers that are playing retail. Do you really think there is that many whales left in game? No. I am one of those whales where over the past 11 years have spent probably a good $40-50k, and if anything I was one of the bigger whales. At the moment out of those 300 people , 80% of them are BR, and I don't know if you're familiar with the BR population, but they're the ones that are in desperation to make a few $$ here and there by logging in 10 accounts a day to make money off luna runs... meaning they're not the ones that are spending a penny on this game.

So yeah, I understand that you would worry that a sub fee system won't work, because once again you have in mind that less than 500 people will play the Aion Classic, in which case you are right, it won't work. But once again, like I mentioned above, I can guarantee you that there will be at least 5-10k players on release, and not only that, but even a few thousands of bots. Right now in Korea, about 20-30% of the population is bots. Just from bots, they make a few $100k's PER MONTH by getting them to subscribe.

Don't get me started on what they can do with the cash shop.

1) Monthly battlepass. Your biggest money maker probably. Just as Korea has it, the monthly pass that gives you a few extra rewards here and there where it's like 40$? And the subscription fee is 15$.

2) Skins. NA is crazy about skins.

Just these 2 alone will create more revenue to NCWest than they've had in the past few years combined.

More options if they're really that money hungry:

1) Unlike Korea who gives you FREE AP extractions (limited to certain amount of extractions), NA can put these AP extraction scrolls to buy, and give the rest of the public an option to perhaps still have the free AP extraction just for a lower percentage of the AP, like 50-75%..... keep these untradeable to prevent P2W.

2) Instance scrolls (PvE ones such as Steel Rake, Theo/Adma. DC... and NOT PvP ones such as dreg or fort  AP resets). Make them very expensive. Even if you don't use reset scrolls, by the time you rotate between Steel Rake and Theo and DC, your next rotation starts again and you can run all 3 again.... keep these also untradeable to prevent P2W.

There is many more things they can put in the shop that won't break the game and create disparity between a paying user and non-paying user.... but one that the paying user such as myself would gladly throw money at them to have.

On 12/24/2020 at 4:04 PM, 5sB1C19-DN said:

At least a few people in this thread aren't dreaming and can see reality. Classic going sub is good but it needs players to make sub profitable. There is no point going sub if there is no player base left.

Remember when they scrapped monthly sub in 3.0 tia days? We may of had more then 20k players at that time and STILL went f2p.

Everyone likes to shit on retail but they can push and get money from there more then a sub classic version. Sure, they can have best of both worlds but classic won't be close to retail spending if you are only getting $15 a month per person and no other spending.

One person alone returned to aion and spent $800 the FIRST day. How many subs is that? 53

Needs players. It will have players.

And no, current retail will not make anywhere close to an Aion Classic even if just sub fee. Look at Korea.

Just a 10k population on Aion Classic, with 15$ sub would mean $150,000 just from subs. I was one of the bigger whales on retail that spent on average around $1k/month. The current retail population is like 80% BR and like I said before they don't spend a penny on this game. There is 300 active players or so, if even the other 20% of the population were as big spenders as me, that would mean about 60 players out of those 300 that are spending $1k/player which totals to $60k revenue which is  still no where near the numbers Classic would create. AND keep in mind that's giving you the best case scenario where as I said each of those players is a big spender as me, which they're not. There is no big whales left in retail, except for a few that spend a $100 here and there when some sort of event pops up.

On 12/24/2020 at 7:32 PM, 5sB1C19-DN said:

Let me stop you there at monetization. Players have been begging NC devs to add more skins to the existing store for years and now you think they will change?

When was the last time out of rotation that a skin request or new addition was added? If they did that already then more players would spend more. I know several players that have quit because the game refuses to add more.

We all know our version isn't going to be 100% free like KR except sub fee. They are going to push something.

Regarding your 4.x.

The game made money from EB scrolls and felc socketing.

Why add skins to please a 300 population when I can just force you to spend that money on the new events that I pop out for you? I find it funny that people playing retail are still surprised that NCWest doesn't give a shit about them. If you think they're going to go above and beyond to please 300 people, then you're only kidding yourself.

Where as if there is 10k players, well then it might just happen since the effort on their part if worth the income that comes there way. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that, as I said before, it's NCSoft. I don't need them to change their poor management streak, I just need them to release an Aion Classic with the exact same replica that Aion Korea is running... in which case they are reliable to do as we have received everything Korea has received in the past 11 years.

9 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

For someone that prefers the retail such as yourself Arhangelos, I think this is the most respected post of an unbiased opinion. Respect.

Hopefully this post opens up some people's eyes when it comes to viewing their actual reasoning why they're so against an Aion Classic... and if it's not that obvious, that mainly refers to the people still playing retail currently.

At this point I do not prefer retail, if you asked me in 6.5~6.7 I would say yes I prefer it. But 7.x is garbage, it should have never happened.

I would gladly play classic at this point, if it has a lot of people then it will continue (I do not know the path, either stay in 2.7 forever or even continue the updates hopefully skipping 6.+). We constantly said that Aion will close and everyone was wrong, but if Aion 7.7 is their last patch, that is their epilogue, going as full force retard as possible.

~~~~

But even when I wasn't into classic and thought "we do not have enough people for that" I was never against its existence. Even back when I was "sure" it would flop and that nobody would play it, I was "bring it on, so these people will get it, see how it flops and then close it so they won't have to ask for it again". I even made fun of the classic server requests, but back in those days Aion was still revivable, I never knew about 7.x plans, I thought after the destruction of 6.0/6.2 and the many fixes in 6.5 and 6.7 that we would eventually get a better Aion in 7.x but boy was I wrong!!!

If Aion Classic had no reason to exist in 6.x patch because it was still early and people were still trying it, it defo has a reason to exist now.

The other days in EC I was hitting a Vandal for 2k~3k dmg and he was hitting me for like 30k and I am in Dark Talons and I had the 3rd upgrade on the attack point buff too. I was scratching some clerics and they were ripping me down.

Yesterday I hit the 1 billion AP on my main by doing the daily and weekly things out of habit, but I have no reason to go out of the city. I die in 1 second even from supportive or defensive classes, those in big legions by now seem to have dazzling gemstones, great runes, solar weapons, paragon over-enchanted gear and what not. Items I would have never had access to in any possible way. 7.x is exclusive not inclusive. It makes 6.x seem like paradise.

unknown.png

10 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Needs players. It will have players.

And no, current retail will not make anywhere close to an Aion Classic even if just sub fee. Look at Korea.

Just a 10k population on Aion Classic, with 15$ sub would mean $150,000 just from subs. I was one of the bigger whales on retail that spent on average around $1k/month. The current retail population is like 80% BR and like I said before they don't spend a penny on this game. There is 300 active players or so, if even the other 20% of the population were as big spenders as me, that would mean about 60 players out of those 300 that are spending $1k/player which totals to $60k revenue which is  still no where near the numbers Classic would create. AND keep in mind that's giving you the best case scenario where as I said each of those players is a big spender as me, which they're not. There is no big whales left in retail, except for a few that spend a $100 here and there when some sort of event pops up.

Why add skins to please a 300 population when I can just force you to spend that money on the new events that I pop out for you? I find it funny that people playing retail are still surprised that NCWest doesn't give a shit about them. If you think they're going to go above and beyond to please 300 people, then you're only kidding yourself.

Where as if there is 10k players, well then it might just happen since the effort on their part if worth the income that comes there way. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that, as I said before, it's NCSoft. I don't need them to change their poor management streak, I just need them to release an Aion Classic with the exact same replica that Aion Korea is running... in which case they are reliable to do as we have received everything Korea has received in the past 11 years.

I believe you got the wrong message l was trying to portray. If NC can't put skins on BCM for retail in the shop, what hope do l have that they can add scrolls and skins to classic? NC could be "trying" to do that to retail and then do it again in a classic shop but in this case, they do nothing.

You are putting to much faith in a company that can't even do that.

As much as classic could be great, it's left in the hands of NCwest which haven't shown much promise. That's why l honestly believe many people might just pass on the game or try it out for first month and not come back. It's the management that kills games.

2 hours ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

I believe you got the wrong message l was trying to portray. If NC can't put skins on BCM for retail in the shop, what hope do l have that they can add scrolls and skins to classic? NC could be "trying" to do that to retail and then do it again in a classic shop but in this case, they do nothing.

As much as classic could be great, it's left in the hands of NCwest which haven't shown much promise. That's why l honestly believe many people might just pass on the game or try it out for first month and not come back. It's the management that kills games.

I agree with your points, we kinda romanticize a Classic Aion but we forget that NCWest would probably bring the worst out of it.

there are a few scenarios:

1. Subscription fee + no p2w + useless BCM items that nobody likes (because they never listen)
    -> This would require a lot of players+bots to sustain because their only income would be the subscription.
  2. Subscription fee + no p2w + BCM items that people like (cosmetics and maybe some items for convenience that you can easily obtain inside the game and are not game breaking things)
    -> This would have been the best case scenario as they would get a ton of money from additional BCM purchases
  3. Subscription fee + BCM that has both p2w and cosmetics
    -> This would be unfair if they give items that are nearly impossible to get in game.

In the end, the biggest injustice will always be created by kinah sellers and buyers. You might not have a p2w BCM shop, but someone that purchased billions of kinah (or created them himself with his bots) will always have an advantage.

I am holding my breath on the Classic, if they ever decide to make one here, we will live to see how they implement it.

I look back when Cyan was here he did implemented the most important thing in order to play the game that thing is ability to farm ancient transformation via luna it's not the best method but at least it got implemented look how things are now I believed management problem is not with people  like Cyan or Kibbelz but it's from higher up. They believed they're too big to fail but nothing is too important that can not fail. I'm sorry about Cyan that I had bad thought about him and I did talked bad about him with my friends.

Anyway I wanna show something "In 2018, premium games on the App Store generated $476 million USD while free-to-play games produced $21.3 billion USD in revenue." Apple Arcade - Wikipedia

Sure we're happy without p2w but it's just not worth the efforts for them.

I'm sorry about derailed again 😛
I saw people talking about bad managements so I wanna add something about it.

I agree with you one that, but the main argument here is poor management of classic is better than poor management of the current version.

In the end, the biggest injustice will always be created by kinah sellers and buyers. You might not have a p2w BCM shop, but someone that purchased billions of kinah (or created them himself with his bots) will always have an advantage.

This is classic we are talking about here, man. What are they going to do with billions of kinah ? Buy yellow manastones ? Open world drops ? Craft gear ? Is far more important to prevent bugging of world bosses and instanes. Unless they find a way to buy AP, which I dont know if its possible. That would be a danger. In the end everyone will have everything, just some people will take longer. 

But enough talk. Is NCsoft going to say something about it or not ?

2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

This is classic we are talking about here, man. What are they going to do with billions of kinah ? Buy yellow manastones ? Open world drops ? Craft gear ? Is far more important to prevent bugging of world bosses and instanes. Unless they find a way to buy AP, which I dont know if its possible. That would be a danger. In the end everyone will have everything, just some people will take longer. 

Yes but classic is not the original aion though. You never know what they will find to implement. And if we get it it also doesn't mean we will get what Korea got.

If they don't add anything weird then yes, having more kinah won't really make a big difference since getting end game gear will not be purchasable.

Let me clear up something real quick. The only thing KR has not currently sold is medals.

You could of bought anything else you needed directly from NCsoft. Kinah(you could sell candies for 100k ea), AP(you bought the 90 pass and gift it to yourself to get 3 crowns which 100s did), Enchant stones you get from maxing the battle pass over and over and over while selling the other items.

Hell they even nerfed the amount items sold for back in the day by roughly 10x. An old taloring belt i use to craft for profit that sold for 120-130k only sells for 13k on classic. 

So if you like how KR are doing it the only thing NCwest can do to ruin it is sell medals because you can buy everything else you need from NCsoft in KR.

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Let me clear up something real quick. The only thing KR has not currently sold is medals.

You could of bought anything else you needed directly from NCsoft. Kinah(you could sell candies for 100k ea), AP(you bought the 90 pass and gift it to yourself to get 3 crowns which 100s did), Enchant stones you get from maxing the battle pass over and over and over while selling the other items.

Hell they even nerfed the amount items sold for back in the day by roughly 10x. An old taloring belt i use to craft for profit that sold for 120-130k only sells for 13k on classic. 

So if you like how KR are doing it the only thing NCwest can do to ruin it is sell medals because you can buy everything else you need from NCsoft in KR.

Is AP still making the ranks in Classic? Because that was an awful system since pve heroes kept the highest ranks and only went out of town when they had their transform ready and then back to safe zone so they won't lose AP.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Is AP still making the ranks in Classic? Because that was an awful system since pve heroes kept the highest ranks and only went out of town when they had their transform ready and then back to safe zone so they won't lose AP.

It is AP.

15 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It is AP.

Lol, that is awful. Classic could have been the old aion plus the good edits, GP is a good addition, it made the high ranks actually get out of town and they made them actually compete via pvp to get the rank not do pve and hide form pvp.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Lol, that is awful. Classic could have been the old aion plus the good edits, GP is a good addition, it made the high ranks actually get out of town and they made them actually compete via pvp to get the rank not do pve and hide form pvp.

It is not like transforms controlled siege back in those days and i doubt NA will see the same style of siege we had back in the day either.

In KR siege is every legion for themselves on attack and defense to the point where transforms were no factors so it will just be for the godstone quest and lets face it in NA players are going to create feed alts AP till they are officer and get all their rank kills done that way. Getting your rank kills will just be the same way NA has ruined the game since 6.0 released.

look i miss classic just as much as the next man and woman but i say leave classic where it is and just fix our current version cuz if they bring classic here and keep this version then we will have 2 aion games thats gonna get screwed up...the grind of 5.0 almost killed everyone and now your gonna bring an entire 5.0 to players that cant even run pf without bitching about not opening the secret doors...leave well enough alone ppl...maybe its just me that dont know how but is there a way to add a personal picture to that avatar?

BRING BACK PRSONAL SHOPS AND OUR KINAH AND THE COMMUNITY WILL REMEMBER HOW TO BE SOMEWHAT HAPPY AGAIN...GET RID OF THAT BROKER! IT SEEMS CLASSIC IS 15 DOLLARS A MONTH SO THE VALEDIA WILL NOT BE ON CLASSIC CUZ INVESTING 10 YEARS PLAYING  THIS VERSION AND I DIDNT GET MY BABY DADDY KAISINELYLYLYLYLYLYLYLYLY YOU WILL BE OUT YOUR MIND IF YOU THINK IM GIVING NCSOFT ANY MONEY...

1 hour ago, Valedia-DN said:

look i miss classic just as much as the next man and woman but i say leave classic where it is and just fix our current version cuz if they bring classic here and keep this version then we will have 2 aion games thats gonna get screwed up...the grind of 5.0 almost killed everyone and now your gonna bring an entire 5.0 to players that cant even run pf without bitching about not opening the secret doors...leave well enough alone ppl...maybe its just me that dont know how but is there a way to add a personal picture to that avatar?

Our current version cannot be fixed. If it could they would still not do it. Because it is NCsoft.

Look, in Korea, Better's views are already way lower than many non factors playing classic. There isnt a lot of interest for this version. I think the only ones who really care are the people who invested a lot of $$ and time in this version.

Now, classic Aion will be classic Aion. It will still have all the flaws we remember it had. And they were many. But it is still better than current version.

not gonna argue that but i guess my only reason for not going to it is the fact that ncsot said phuck me by not giving me my kaisinel after 10 years of play and i just wont give them any money but if classic is f2p then ill try it out cuz i do miss a lot of the old feature when i did have a sub...

8 hours ago, Valedia-DN said:

It is impossible to fix the current version, NCsoft would have to admit they are wrong before that could ever happen and their business decisions in other games(mainly mobile sector)prove that their method for making $'s is good it is the product that has less value in it.

i think sywo said it best that aion started to go downhill when ncsoft send out that massive survey asking the community what they wanted knowing perfectly well it was a bad idea since aion does not have a pve nor a pvp community but rather a community of individuals with self wants and desires so honestly ncsoft tried to accommodate everyone not knowing that was impossible and a very bad idea...now the real question is, who's really to blame for most or even all of ncsoft decisions and ideas? they asked a community that wasnt really together as a community so they got turned around not knowing what to do and a lot of mistakes were made by suggestions of its player base...i mean look at ff14 and how perfect that game and its community is and i doubt they base their decisions on what the community wants but they just push out their own content and the community just adapt...

You ppl are giving me a migraine.

And @Unbeatable-KT, This thread would be 2 pages shorter if you would stop putting 4 to 5 quotes in each post and trying to write a Novella or Short story with each post. My gosh!!!!! I get it English is not your first language. It isn't mine either but come on!

As far as Classic Aion goes? You can play it now. It's called Google. Try it!.

I'm going back to my jokes and drinks and pills now. Seeing too many of my few friends that are left taking all this too seriously is reminding me of an old David Bowie Song from a Movie called "Cat People" called "Putting out fires: With Gasoline."

On 12/27/2020 at 3:48 AM, 5sB1C19-DN said:

As Matsuky said, a poorly managed Aion Classic is still better than a poorly managed dead retail.

Besides that, as I previously mentioned the one thing that we do have to give NCWest credit for is that they have delivered all the patches/expansion that Korea has had in the past, and so if they do copy and paste the Aion Classic Korean version, I honestly couldn't care less if they poorly manage it or get down on their knees because like I said, it will still be better than the dead retail that this game currently has available.

On 12/27/2020 at 6:31 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

I agree with your points, we kinda romanticize a Classic Aion but we forget that NCWest would probably bring the worst out of it.

there are a few scenarios:

1. Subscription fee + no p2w + useless BCM items that nobody likes (because they never listen)
    -> This would require a lot of players+bots to sustain because their only income would be the subscription.
  2. Subscription fee + no p2w + BCM items that people like (cosmetics and maybe some items for convenience that you can easily obtain inside the game and are not game breaking things)
    -> This would have been the best case scenario as they would get a ton of money from additional BCM purchases
  3. Subscription fee + BCM that has both p2w and cosmetics
    -> This would be unfair if they give items that are nearly impossible to get in game.

I am holding my breath on the Classic, if they ever decide to make one here, we will live to see how they implement it.

As someone mentioned, kinah can only take you so far. The grind in itself is what's going to get you gear, and the kinah is in my opinion a rather minor factor in 1.2, at least minor in comparison to any of the recent Aion versions.

In the end, no matter which model NCWest takes, people have to realize, even if a company has literally 0 P2W in their shop, the whales will still find ways to do so, and I'm mainly referring to buying kinah on the blackmarket. So this is why I wouldn't even be phased if they chose the 3rd option, at least that way we can put money in their pockets to upkeep the game and not in the pockets of kinah sellers.

On 12/29/2020 at 10:18 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

Transforms are pretty useless in a big populated server. In KR sieges, transforms don't mean a thing as they get burned in literally 1 second because it is about 3k vs 3k players in siege. You'll see when it comes to NA that there will simply be no strategy to defend or take a fort. It will simply be whichever faction has more numbers at the fort  that will have the possession.

On 12/30/2020 at 3:01 PM, Aieryn-DN said:

You ppl are giving me a migraine.

And @Unbeatable-KT, This thread would be 2 pages shorter if you would stop putting 4 to 5 quotes in each post and trying to write a Novella or Short story with each post. My gosh!!!!! I get it English is not your first language. It isn't mine either but come on!

As far as Classic Aion goes? You can play it now. It's called Google. Try it!.

I'm going back to my jokes and drinks and pills now. Seeing too many of my few friends that are left taking all this too seriously is reminding me of an old David Bowie Song from a Movie called "Cat People" called "Putting out fires: With Gasoline."

You know what the funny thing is?

If this topic is giving you a migraine, then just don't open it. Easy, no? I mean I understand the low IQ is preventing you from actually comprehending anything that is said within these posts... all to the point where you're commenting on my English where as I have a much higher education than you. It just makes me lol.

Instead you come here with a post that has bipolar personality written all over it and try to make yourself relevant.

News flash.

You're not.

Now get the fuk out of my thread and go pop your lithium to stay sane.

I asked someone in game why they still playing in retail despite very bad condition (I'm sorry to post your opinions without your authorize here but I didn't your name if you feel offend please forgive me I try to let people know perspective of retail supporters)

They said because they invested too much (both time and money) in retail to quit and they got friends to play with they're happy. I didn't had any specify opinions in that time because I was sleepy or I can't think xD but now I have and I want to say what are you doing is like hold out in real life Silent Hill (Centralia, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia) and hope the underground fire will be put out (Well it could keep burning for over 250 years)

I'm hold out my house in retail too but at least I'm not playing mainly in retail anymore just login and pay house and logout lol.(I worked extremely hard for my house and I must say I'll miss it badly if I sold it)

I believed no one can change your mind but yourself. I'm strongly against NC forcing everyone to play one version whatever live or classic.

I'm supporting classic but as a choice to play with live.

I never treasure my gears I love skins more because it's no RNG lol  :P

Archived