Forums

Aion Classic Petition

27 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Just as Squid said, why do you even play games then? There is a saying, all good things come to an end. There is very few things in life that can last until your dying day. If you actually started playing Aion retail with the thought that it will last forever, and that you'll be clicking your buttons away when you're 60... well on one hand that's unrealistic because it will shut down way before that, and on the other hand that's sad.

Let me put it to you in a different perspective. Why do people join private servers knowing they will end in most likely a few months? Because the entertainment for the time being is what matters.

You're asking me what will happen when the game reaches 2.7 as if I'm an NCSoft employee. I bet you not even NCSoft has the answer to that yet. But does that actually matter?

I play Aion because I like it and because as long as we all like it it will keep existing, if it ever flops too badly it will clsoe but nobody will miss it because it flopped.

Starting an mmorpg knowing that it will close in XX amount of months/years is a "no" from me, because if at the moment they close it, it was still enjoyable then there is no reason to even start because that will bring more grief than joy.

I didn't ask you as if you are an employee, you said it will end at 2.7 and this is why I asked you as if you know something that I don't know.

If Aion Classic has an expiration date that is already pre-determined I'll defo pass. If the notion is we will take it until 2.7 and see where it goes from there, then it worths trying.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey folks! Aion Classic released in Korea on November 11, 2020. One month into it's release, instead of seeing a downward trend in it's population as most releases experience in the first fe

A-M-E-N I can also say this for 7.7 vs the whole 6.x patch, how could they make a patch worse than 6.x is beyond me. (Future us trying Aion 8.0 --> please bring back 7.7, can you imagine?

And like that, you can instantly kill any and all respect anyone else has or had for you. Do you watch TV? Watch Movies? If so you'd better stop soon. Video games are no different than these except yo

On 12/18/2020 at 12:50 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

I play Aion because I like it and because as long as we all like it it will keep existing, if it ever flops too badly it will clsoe but nobody will miss it because it flopped.

Starting an mmorpg knowing that it will close in XX amount of months/years is a "no" from me, because if at the moment they close it, it was still enjoyable then there is no reason to even start because that will bring more grief than joy.

I didn't ask you as if you are an employee, you said it will end at 2.7 and this is why I asked you as if you know something that I don't know.

If Aion Classic has an expiration date that is already pre-determined I'll defo pass. If the notion is we will take it until 2.7 and see where it goes from there, then it worths trying.

Well I'm sure you started playing Aion, like most of us did, in the thought that the game will either no longer exist one day or that you will grow out of it, whether out of boredom or well because of actually growing up and having responsibilities such as a family or a life. With that said, I think you are pretty much the only person I've ever met that has this vision that your gaming experience will forever last.

It is just weird to me to hear that someone will have such an intense grief over a closure of a game, where the actual journey and enjoyment of playing the game over a few years and giving you happiness doing so will not be worth going through for something that you will "grieve" so much over when it closes. It almost sounds like this grief that you speak of will be as bad as the grief people experience when losing a family member, a house or anything else that's actually normal to grieve over. But a game? Get a grip dude. If you're grieving over a closure of a game, it sounds like the game is your main source of happiness, and if that is the case, you really need to rethink how you want to live the rest of your life.

With that said, seeing as by the time Aion Classic will release in NA you probably still won't have an answer from the Korean version as to what will happen once we do reach 2.7... and well that will suck for you not starting it just because of you potentially "grieving" when the game does close in potentially 2-3 years.

4 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Well I'm sure you started playing Aion, like most of us did, in the thought that the game will either no longer exist one day or that you will grow out of it, whether out of boredom or well because of actually growing up and having responsibilities such as a family or a life. With that said, I think you are pretty much the only person I've ever met that has this vision that your gaming experience will forever last.

It is just weird to me to hear that someone will have such an intense grief over a closure of a game, where the actual journey and enjoyment of playing the game over a few years and giving you happiness doing so will not be worth going through for something that you will "grieve" so much over when it closes. It almost sounds like this grief that you speak of will be as bad as the grief people experience when losing a family member, a house or anything else that's actually normal to grieve over. But a game? Get a grip dude. If you're grieving over a closure of a game, it sounds like the game is your main source of happiness, and if that is the case, you really need to rethink how you want to live the rest of your life.

With that said, seeing as by the time Aion Classic will release in NA you probably still won't have an answer from the Korean version as to what will happen once we do reach 2.7... and well that will suck for you not starting it just because of you potentially "grieving" when the game does close in potentially 2-3 years.

Causing grief not in the intention of a lost family member. Maybe my english is not good enough on this one and the word "grief" that you put so much attention to wasn't the right word.

I will not play a game that I know will end in a specific predetermined time because if I like that game and it closes before it grows out of me then what is the point? It is like buying an ice cream knowing you can only get one lick before it is taken away from you, it is not like you want to eat 100 ice creams but you sure want to stop eating the ice cream when you no longer feel like it.

If the game dies of natural causes (e.g. it becomes so bad that nobody plays and thus the developers shut it down) this is organic and nobody would find it sad to close the game or take away years of progress.

If they say "we will close the game at 2.7" then I see no point, maybe the game is stil alive and people still enjoy it.

In the end of the day if even the Koreans haven't given an answer to what will happen next, why did anyone assume it will close and disclosed it here as if he knows something that we don't? We are having a conversation over something that the developers didn't even say yet then.

My English is not the best, I meant I won't play a game only to have it closed while I still enjoy it that will only cause discomfort and take away any joy it might have brought for those 2 years.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Umm if anything made me feel sad about a game is when a great game like Aion turned into fully p2w ,the game is no longer about fun it's all about winning. Sure everybody love winning but I prefer fun over winning. Every game will die somehow but a lot of old games survived by p servers. But I'll not justified classic as a perfect version without flaws. Classic looks extreme good now because awful of live servers.

I wish NCsoft will redevelop 3.0 completely after classic reached their goal. I'm ok if Aion will die it will made other companies who will develop new games take a lesson what not to do and take good stuff from Aion and make a great game. Just because Aion might cease to exist doesn't mean their ideas, art styles , gameplay will die with it.

Well I'm going back to play my server now cause it's just fun 😛

"I wish NCsoft will redevelop 3.0 completely after classic reached their goal."

Yes, it is on their plan to continue to later versions, but will depend on the success of servers.

And Squid! What are you thinking?? NA doesn't have the population to support a classic server period!!

That is ridiculous. This actual version of the game doesnt have the population to support itself. Classic would certainly have more players than the game does now.

And the argument of "the servers will be closed eventually" is actually ridiculous. They will not close the game while it has players and it gives them profits. 

As you guys also rermember, classic wont have develpment and programming costs. It just needs to pay to keep it opened and the rest is profit.

'm for a Aion classic Server but also cautious on what numbers it would actually pull to keep it going. I used to think there was a good size following but I'm not so sure anymore. 

I think its impossible for it to be more dead than the current version.

If we get Classic, I'm uninstalling the current retail version. I went to Timeless today for about an hour and a half.... 12 people including me. That included the opposite faction. 

I already did uninstalled. Dont plan to ever come back to this Aion. Dont miss it at all. Doing other stuff with my free time.

And to no surprise, learned a month later that you cant even post on forums if you dont log in the game. Who in blazes came up with that idea ? I can only imagine how many people could want to say something about this and cant log in because they have to download the game again.

This petition link is primarily advertised on this forum.

This is the problem. Since you cant post if you dont play the game, people who dont play the game probably are not coming to these forums. We need to somehow get this survey to other places.

And to all the nay sayers(not that many, actually): This is gonna happen. GIVE UP, you will lose.

38 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

And to no surprise, learned a month later that you cant even post on forums if you dont log in the game. Who in blazes came up with that idea ? I can only imagine how many people could want to say something about this and cant log in because they have to download the game again.

This is the problem. Since you cant post if you dont play the game, people who dont play the game probably are not coming to these forums. We need to somehow get this survey to other places.

This.

This post alone has almost 3K views, more than pretty much every top post in the past week combined...lol... I downloaded the game just to voice support for it on the forums, because I wasn't able to post, but I imagine 90% of people wont go through the trouble.

There are some youtube videos from MMObomb and other websites talking about classic that have received 20/30K+ views, people are interested, and it hasn't even been advertised or talked about officially in NA yet.

Hell, the weird petition that i'm sure 99% of people ignore has more signatures than people logged onto retail servers most of the time... lol...

On 12/18/2020 at 4:15 PM, Aieryn-DN said:

What's with the Novella's in this thread? 

And Squid! What are you thinking?? NA doesn't have the population to support a classic server period!!. I too would love to be able to play back in time say somewhere in 4x but we can do that now elsewhere. Here in NA it is just not feasible ppl!! And while I too love to reminiss in reality I'm just thankful for the Aion we do have now.

There. I put this out there this time sincerely with no laughs no jokes which was very hard for me considering how many threads lke this I've read in the last 3 years alone so, I hope I've made some sense. 

Thank you.

You answered yourself in your reply, Think about the amount of threads there have been in the past 3 years from different players wanting a classic Aion version. They are the players that would come back for classic and at this point those players far out weigh the current number of players on retail today.

The only people i know who are against classic are people who are worried about losing all their skins on retail. Other than that no one else cares for retail because it is not even a game that resembles Aion at all. 

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

You answered yourself in your reply, Think about the amount of threads there have been in the past 3 years from different players wanting a classic Aion version. They are the players that would come back for classic and at this point those players far out weigh the current number of players on retail today.

The only people i know who are against classic are people who are worried about losing all their skins on retail. Other than that no one else cares for retail because it is not even a game that resembles Aion at all. 

Squid, I've read over 60 to 70 threads similar to this one since I started to use my main Aieryn to read and reply to posts here on the forums instead of my Gladiator and that is a change I made roughly 3 years ago which is why I mention that timeline and don't have thousands of posts reflected under my name and also because it reflects a more recent timeframe ppl can relate to. There are more than 60 to 70 players online in retail now.

In second: As I've stated numerous times: I'm not against a classic server. I'm just pointing out that here in NA a classic server would be a bad idea because we don't have the population to support it nor would ppl come back to an 11+ year old game to play it. In addition, There are classic servers we can play now in other regions. WE DON'T NEED ONE HERE IN NORTH AMERICA! I'm very  confident that to open one would be at the sacrifice of the Aion we have now, which I and many others still do enjoy from time to time.

I know you've heard this before from others like me who have been around since the beginning. So honestly I just feel like I'm repeating myself and others when I point this out which is the reason for my usual replies to threads like this with humor.

Hey, say what you want. We get a good laugh out of them anyways, lol.

Edited by Aieryn-DN
9 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I'm just pointing out that here in NA a classic server would be a bad idea because we don't have the population to support it nor would ppl come back to an 11+ year old game to play it. In addition, There are classic servers we can play now in other regions. WE DON'T NEED ONE HERE IN NORTH AMERICA! I'm very  confident that to open one would be at the sacrifice of the Aion we have now, which I and many others still do enjoy from time to time.

That literally makes zero sense.

Classic server will be 5x more popular than retail, at least. The fact you think you should play aion in another region makes me question what you even do in the game...

As it is now private servers are just as popular, and some even more popular than NA retail, and NA retail was big upon release. People will come back, Korea already proved that, now over 60K players and Korea is the size of a peanut compared to the US.

2 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

That literally makes zero sense.

Classic server will be 5x more popular than retail, at least. The fact you think you should play aion in another region makes me question what you even do in the game...

It's called Google, try it!

Nope, I'm not digging up my ten foot pole for the 2nd part of this reply. My comments above stand.

As it is now private servers are just as popular, and some even more popular than NA retail, and NA retail was big upon release. People will come back, Korea already proved that, now over 60K players and Korea is the size of a peanut compared to the US.

We dont need even need anywhere close to thosse numbers.

Heck, I would say that if we have 2-3k players is already a very BIG improvement  from what we have today. 

I'm going to do a bit comment on redevelop on 3.0 😛

My idealized would be make Aion vision trailer come true things like dual cross bows or whip for chanter is so awesome much better than staff. But don't forget this is the company that destroyed 4 maps in 4.8 and make everyone to go enemy map for PvE instance so they can sell more PvP related items in shop. They also the company that keep adding more RNG items during 5.x and turns Aion into nothing but afk game all time. They're also the very same company that promised to listen to everyone after 5.8 feedback and backstab everyone by launched 6.0 that everything untradable ,removed all skins from luna ,monetized basic gameplay greatly with transformation system(attack,cast,walking speed including basic appearance). Only thing that players were happy about 6.0 was easier to level LOL.

You can't denial p servers contributed greatly to make NCsoft launched Aion classic(even it's not their direct intentions). Without them we wouldn't see official classic server at all xD

It would extremely silly if you think something like that won't happened again but at least I know if NC bad behave again where I need to go and spend my time on.

If NC don't listen all you have to do is quit and enjoy your time elsewhere.

A bit comment additional to AT and Painter I want AT to redesign robots just stupid and never a good idea ,original design painter is good with paint brush as weapon. Don't really need cyberpunk painter.

About stigma and skills I don't want my skills stronger or more powerful because I know you will buff mobs when you buff our skills I only wish you give us more choices and more freedom to customize our skills I don't need to use all skills but I want to have a choice to use whatever I want please don't streamline that. Choices are one of greatest fun to have in game.

Race skills are fine but some just over done such as BoQ it needs a negative effects or at least please buff elyos counterpart it doesn't need to be same thing maybe something like guarantee 3 skills crit ? That would super awesome xD

Diversity is the greatest thing if everyone everything looks same it's extremely boring.

I hope you will take my feedback ty so much :)

20 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Causing grief not in the intention of a lost family member. Maybe my english is not good enough on this one and the word "grief" that you put so much attention to wasn't the right word.

I will not play a game that I know will end in a specific predetermined time because if I like that game and it closes before it grows out of me then what is the point? It is like buying an ice cream knowing you can only get one lick before it is taken away from you, it is not like you want to eat 100 ice creams but you sure want to stop eating the ice cream when you no longer feel like it.

If the game dies of natural causes (e.g. it becomes so bad that nobody plays and thus the developers shut it down) this is organic and nobody would find it sad to close the game or take away years of progress.

If they say "we will close the game at 2.7" then I see no point, maybe the game is stil alive and people still enjoy it.

In the end of the day if even the Koreans haven't given an answer to what will happen next, why did anyone assume it will close and disclosed it here as if he knows something that we don't? We are having a conversation over something that the developers didn't even say yet then.

My English is not the best, I meant I won't play a game only to have it closed while I still enjoy it that will only cause discomfort and take away any joy it might have brought for those 2 years.

So you misunderstood me the first time I guess.

When I said die off in 2.7, I meant the patch itself might be the last patch they implement in Aion Classic, and then they will just let it die out when the population dies out. Not in the sense that once 2.7 opens, a few months passes by and the population is still active, they just abruptly say "ok we're closing it down".

I don't think I've heard of one developer that has closed down a game that has an active population.

If anything, if the populations is really active, I can def see them even going as far as upgrading their game to 3.0 and furthermore.

But I still stand by what I said. The fact that you won't play a game and enjoy it for the next 2-3 years because you fear it will close down, well that's just mind blowing to me.

13 hours ago, Vinley-KT said:

This.

This post alone has almost 3K views, more than pretty much every top post in the past week combined...lol... I downloaded the game just to voice support for it on the forums, because I wasn't able to post, but I imagine 90% of people wont go through the trouble.

There are some youtube videos from MMObomb and other websites talking about classic that have received 20/30K+ views, people are interested, and it hasn't even been advertised or talked about officially in NA yet.

Hell, the weird petition that i'm sure 99% of people ignore has more signatures than people logged onto retail servers most of the time... lol...

This post has 3k views. The previous Aion Classic post from last month also has about 11k views. They're literally the most active topics of discussion currently.

As you said it yourself, my shitty petition that doesn't even reflect probably 90% or more of the people that will play, already had 330 users that signed it, which already represents as much as the whole NA retail population currently. And once again, this petition only represents a small fraction of people.

6 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Squid, I've read over 60 to 70 threads similar to this one since I started to use my main Aieryn to read and reply to posts here on the forums instead of my Gladiator and that is a change I made roughly 3 years ago which is why I mention that timeline and don't have thousands of posts reflected under my name and also because it reflects a more recent timeframe ppl can relate to. There are more than 60 to 70 players online in retail now.

In second: As I've stated numerous times: I'm not against a classic server. I'm just pointing out that here in NA a classic server would be a bad idea because we don't have the population to support it nor would ppl come back to an 11+ year old game to play it. In addition, There are classic servers we can play now in other regions. WE DON'T NEED ONE HERE IN NORTH AMERICA! I'm very  confident that to open one would be at the sacrifice of the Aion we have now, which I and many others still do enjoy from time to time.

I know you've heard this before from others like me who have been around since the beginning. So honestly I just feel like I'm repeating myself and others when I point this out which is the reason for my usual replies to threads like this with humor.

Hey, say what you want. We get a good laugh out of them anyways, lol.

No one cares about your history of posting. You're a no one in this game and so don't talk yourself up to be a someone.

Once again we have a Gandalf who can tell the future.

You say we don't have the population to support an Aion Classic, and I say we do have the population to support an Aion Classic. It's my word against yours, and last time I checked, I'm the real wizard here.

What you failed to previously read, something Vinley vividly pointed out, was that MMOs are scarce now a days. The last set of MMOs that are widely still popular released 5-10 years ago. Ever since then, the amount of MMOs has been thinning more and more. Surprisingly while MMO releases are rare now, there is still a strong crowd of gamers that still seek to play them.  To give you an example, I'm on discord with a legion I used to play another game 10-15 years ago who is literally dying of boredom now a days even playing Solitaire and waiting for the next MMO. There is about 50 people in that discord and the moment I presented them that this Aion Classic might release, they said they were all in even though 90% of them didn't even play Aion before. There is other discords/communities through friends that are in the same boat, who are simply thriving on the idea of joining a new MMO. You'd be surprised by how much of an influx of players would play on release.

In the end as someone pointed out, my shitty of an excuse petition that hardly portrays even a fraction of the people that will be playing the Aion Classic already has more people than the current retail has. That's already much better than playing the current shitty excuse you call Aion.

I can even go as far as betting you or anyone a 100$ that when Aion Classic releases that we will have 10k+ players initially. I will bet 100$ on this.

6 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

We dont need even need anywhere close to thosse numbers.

Heck, I would say that if we have 2-3k players is already a very BIG improvement  from what we have today. 

I don't think people realize this. Even 1k people will make an Aion Classic active, but even then, I can guarantee people we will have much more than that.

1 hour ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I'm going to do a bit comment on redevelop on 3.0 😛

My idealized would be make Aion vision trailer come true things like dual cross bows or whip for chanter is so awesome much better than staff. But don't forget this is the company that destroyed 4 maps in 4.8 and make everyone to go enemy map for PvE instance so they can sell more PvP related items in shop. They also the company that keep adding more RNG items during 5.x and turns Aion into nothing but afk game all time. They're also the very same company that promised to listen to everyone after 5.8 feedback and backstab everyone by launched 6.0 that everything untradable ,removed all skins from luna ,monetized basic gameplay greatly with transformation system(attack,cast,walking speed including basic appearance). Only thing that players were happy about 6.0 was easier to level LOL.

You can't denial p servers contributed greatly to make NCsoft launched Aion classic(even it's not their direct intentions). Without them we wouldn't see official classic server at all xD

It would extremely silly if you think something like that won't happened again but at least I know if NC bad behave again where I need to go and spend my time on.

If NC don't listen all you have to do is quit and enjoy your time elsewhere.

A bit comment additional to AT and Painter I want AT to redesign robots just stupid and never a good idea ,original design painter is good with paint brush as weapon. Don't really need cyberpunk painter.

About stigma and skills I don't want my skills stronger or more powerful because I know you will buff mobs when you buff our skills I only wish you give us more choices and more freedom to customize our skills I don't need to use all skills but I want to have a choice to use whatever I want please don't streamline that. Choices are one of greatest fun to have in game.

Race skills are fine but some just over done such as BoQ it needs a negative effects or at least please buff elyos counterpart it doesn't need to be same thing maybe something like guarantee 3 skills crit ? That would super awesome xD

Diversity is the greatest thing if everyone everything looks same it's extremely boring.

I hope you will take my feedback ty so much :)

Woman. You are the definition of ADD. 80% of your posts make no sense and even the other 20% that I can comprehend are off on some tangent that has nothing to do with the topic. Please stop posting if you can't stay on topic or have nothing wise to say.

That's me trying to be as nice as possible. You sound like a nice person, but you literally post non sense. Please stop.

19 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Ok I'm sorry but when a topic is hot it made me wanna participle in it.
You've warned me about derailed before and yep sorry about it I forgot.
Thank you for being honest I'll try not to post much unless I can't really resist :P

No need to be sorry. You're a nice person. I'm the nyerk. I'm sorry for being one and making you feel bad.

But yes, I do stand by what I said, I just wish I said it in a nicer way :) Accept my apology :)

4 hours ago, Misanthropic-KT said:

Ill take this bet of 10k active players on Aion Classic NA for 100$ please. If it ever even comes to NA....

Like I said, I'll take that bet any time, and collect on release.

I accepted your apology and I hope you accept mine as well ^^

Anyway I would like to use this post to explain a little it off topic a bit but I won't say much.
A lot of times I didn't realized I was derailing topic until somebody noticed me ,I usually let my imagination runs wild if we talking about speculation about potential project such as Aion classic it's kind of fun if imagine things what could make classic better.

Anyway I kinda disagree with forceful everyone to play classic despite I think it's better than retail now because that action is no different when NC forced everyone to PvP or force us to buy stuff from BCM to play the game normally. Everything should be a choice. Live servers can co-existed with classic Aion we don't have to force anyone to do whatever version. A lot of problems that people pointed out about classic is true such as no update after 2.7 but nobody can answer that even NCwest maybe only NC board can tell that . I also understand you taking very seriously in this petition o_O and I'm support Aion classic fully (currently playing in p server 4.6 version) so I understand your frustrated when I talking derailed the topic and once again I'm apology for that.

I only ask you not to ignore problems that people pointed out in classic and explain it to them and talk positive about classic. I hope classic will come to NA too as well :)

I support opening a classic server and even those that think it won't be viable should have no issue with one opening either. If it flops, it flops, nobody cares.

Being against classic server because you are scared it will bring too many people there and it will hurt retail then that is their issue to solve. If Aion classic is better than retail, that should tell them a story on how awful they are with those later patches.

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I support opening a classic server and even those that think it won't be viable should have no issue with one opening either. If it flops, it flops, nobody cares.

Being against classic server because you are scared it will bring too many people there and it will hurt retail then that is their issue to solve. If Aion classic is better than retail, that should tell them a story on how awful they are with those later patches.

That story is pretty much already clear to be honest. Korea aion is still growing, numbers have more than doubled. In EU, euroaion private server sits around 3K concurrent players daily, more than any retail server in any region.

I mean I'm not surprised people still currently playing would be opposed, but they're a minority and quite frankly they can all stay retail, nobody interested in classic will care. I just want to enjoy actual aion, not this cash grab skin simulator.

I don't think anyone cares for the most part if Aion Classic comes to NA, and if it brings more people to the game that's good for the game but the issue is if it can only bring low numbers of people and takes 200 or something from retail. That is when we see the problems. Then you will see 2 poorly managed and funded games and they both will fail

I don't think anyone cares for the most part if Aion Classic comes to NA, and if it brings more people to the game that's good for the game but the issue is if it can only bring low numbers of people and takes 200 or something from retail. That is when we see the problems. Then you will see 2 poorly managed and funded games and they both will fail

In this case, only 1 will survive, and certainly is not going to be retail.

1 hour ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

In this case, only 1 will survive, and certainly is not going to be retail.

Only issue with that you can't expect sub fee alone is going to pay for the server so get ready to have your non p2w game ruined if they don't just choose to cut losses and just pull the plug on the game all together

At least a few people in this thread aren't dreaming and can see reality. Classic going sub is good but it needs players to make sub profitable. There is no point going sub if there is no player base left.

Remember when they scrapped monthly sub in 3.0 tia days? We may of had more then 20k players at that time and STILL went f2p.

Everyone likes to shit on retail but they can push and get money from there more then a sub classic version. Sure, they can have best of both worlds but classic won't be close to retail spending if you are only getting $15 a month per person and no other spending.

One person alone returned to aion and spent $800 the FIRST day. How many subs is that? 53

Remember when they scrapped monthly sub in 3.0 tia days? We may of had more then 20k players at that time and STILL went f2p.

We certainly did not have anywhere close to 20k players at that time. Id say less than 30% of that. Also, I dont think money is the sole reason why the game went f2p.

And yeah, a sub game is really not enough, but there are still ways they can monetize things. This game made money in the 3.x and 4.x era, right ? It was not p2w at all at that time.

In the end, if the game choses to keep itself on whale spending, it will drive away a good % of the player base. 

And let's remember it again. Aion classic wont have the costs of new patch development.