Aion Classic Petition

Unbeatable-KT

The reason why people want a classic server is because there is no p2w. The third model goes against the current game models in NA. People won't fall for the double dipping and just find other games to play.

This is why Korean games die in NA. You may be ok with it but the others that thought classic was sub only with no paying features wouldn't give it a chance now.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I asked someone in game why they still playing in retail despite very bad condition (I'm sorry to post your opinions without your authorize here but I didn't your name if you feel offend please forgive me I try to let people know perspective of retail supporters)

They said because they invested too much (both time and money) in retail to quit and they got friends to play with they're happy. I didn't had any specify opinions in that time because I was sleepy or I can't think xD but now I have and I want to say what are you doing is like hold out in real life Silent Hill (Centralia, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia) and hope the underground fire will be put out (Well it could keep burning for over 250 years)

I'm hold out my house in retail too but at least I'm not playing mainly in retail anymore just login and pay house and logout lol.(I worked extremely hard for my house and I must say I'll miss it badly if I sold it)

I believed no one can change your mind but yourself. I'm strongly against NC forcing everyone to play one version whatever live or classic.

I'm supporting classic but as a choice to play with live.

I never treasure my gears I love skins more because it's no RNG lol  :P

Anybody that's still playing and is holding on to retail just because they spent some money on this game is living a sad life.

As I previously mentioned, I spent somewhere between $40-50k on this game, but not once when I swiped my card did I have a mentality of "this is an investment and the more I bury into my pockets the more I have to stick around". No. It's a guilty pleasure. I compare spending money in this game to spending money gambling. I don't really gamble, but I have been to Vegas a few times. My mentality going in there is telling myself "hey you're giving yourself $500 a night to spend playing blackjack, and nothing more". I go in with a thought that I'm already throwing this $500, but in the meantime I will enjoy the riches of Vegas and the pleasure of the game. If I win at the table, that's great... if not, well that's fine too.

I hope the analogy brings some light as to why people shouldn't get too invested in spending money if in the end they're going to cry about it or be hesitant to quit a dying game because they spent a few dollars.

3 hours ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

The reason why people want a classic server is because there is no p2w. The third model goes against the current game models in NA. People won't fall for the double dipping and just find other games to play.

This is why Korean games die in NA. You may be ok with it but the others that thought classic was sub only with no paying features wouldn't give it a chance now.

I never said I wanted a P2W model (I'm actually for the non-P2W model), but I did say even if it happens, so what?

At the moment in Korea, the bots are making bank off players that are P2W and are buying 1 mil kinah for 5$.

Like I previously said, I'd rather put that money in the pockets of the company that's going to be upkeeping the game than some random bots that are selling kinah.

4 hours ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

This is partially true but a cash shop that has some ingame items isn't that bad for the game's survivability when just the subscription is not enough to pay the bills of servers.

Bad p2w is when you can buy things exclusively via a cash shop and not ingame (or extremely hard to get) or take advantage of short sales and when it is over those who got the exclusive item have an advantage and those that didn't are walking prays.

For example, lunar weapons in 7.5 are p2w, it was one event, it required hundreds of legendary enchants and you can't get those weapons now that the event is over, you also couldn't use the normal untradeable legendary enchants that we all had, you have to get those [BCM] enchants or those from brokerable pouches. Whoever had gazillion of money or a ton of those enchants (and luck in RNG or persistence in buying more) got the weapons, whoever couldn't get that is nothing but a second class character now.

Prestige on the other hand is not pay to win, because getting faster to the goal isn't a problem, when you pay you obviously get a little bit more speed, but reaching the end should be available to every player. The only thing p2w on prestige is the +50% GP from sieges, because this makes higher ranks exclusive to the prestige users, but higher rank is good only for the transform for those 10 minutes of god mode.

Enchant stones on BCM aren't that p2w, they are convenience items, because you can still make them ingame.

Lastly there are worse things in game design than p2w shop, like

• exclusive items (paragon, dazzlings, bright rune stones...)
  • things meant for big legions only (altar sieges, enemy map quests for renown...)
  • way too hard instances where only a few classes (or cheaters) can do (pretty much all hard modes in pve instances)

This would be the best thing to happen to Aion....BY FAR. 10/10 Unbeatable

People that  complain about the "West" not being able to focus on the grind.  "My" most memorable gaming moment...is grinding for Fenris falling asleep at my desk waiting for those damn NPC's to spawn in that short window they spawn in and failing Dark Poeta over and over on Meslametaeda. Yes the grind is heavier, there were some class imbalances in Classic Aion but at least you are playing the damn game vs rolling dice/enchanting and afking or Quitting if your RNG is dogwater... Meeting people was always nicer in Classic Aion too because you would have to dedicate time in your instances vs walk in kill 3 mobs then bang bang bang boss dead

If that doesn't convince them/you take a look at Old School Runescape it's ALL about the grind and THEN look how much more players play OSRS(100-130k+players online daily all times of the day) vs it's Retail Runescape (5k-15k and that might be too high) Prior to OSRS being relaunched so many people were like "NO IT WILL FAIL THATS SO DUMB OMG" "WHY MAKE US START OVER NO ONE WILL EVER EVER DO THAT" "the game looks sooooooo bad" and my oh my were those people wrong... As a side note Retail Runescape is comparable to our current Aion, filled with micro transactions and p2w where you can legit pay to max everything) and OSRS looks like dogwater.. and all of the inputs are with your mouse...

I think a lot more people would enjoy putting more hours into the ACTUAL game vs more money into the game to just have your gear fail or minion decide to stay A rank....Then afking until siege then afking until maint. <--- Current Aion right here.

People on the first few pages also mentioned players won't want to leave all of there p2w stuff. I p2w like crazy to keep up with metas and I would still convert. I'd even delete my current account if that's what it took to play Aion Classic. Also players that think "oh this game is alive because of the whales on the server p2w all the time" I guarantee if NCsoft was smart and they just made a SKIN only bcm their sales would increase by a shitload. Because skin2win is also a major appeal to so many players nowadays and is also endgame for all mmorpg games. (They would obviously have to create more versatile skins here and there or task community artist to help which would then connect the community and developers together.)

tldr;

outstanding responses Unbeatable.

signed petition - Noko- DN , Sexual- KR

@Hime@Loki@Kibbelz

We have over 500 signatures in this petition in less than a month. That's more people than the current retail has with both servers combined. Even with 500 signatures, I can promise you, that number is merely a small fraction of how many people would play.

With that said, you have a current interested player base that's greater than the current retail player base. Could we get even a little information whether Aion Classic will potentially be coming to NA or even if it's in the talks currently within the NCWest studio?

3 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

@Hime@Loki@Kibbelz

We have over 500 signatures in this petition in less than a month. That's more people than the current retail has with both servers combined. Even with 500 signatures, I can promise you, that number is merely a small fraction of how many people would play.

With that said, you have a current interested player base that's greater than the current retail player base. Could we get even a little information whether Aion Classic will potentially be coming to NA or even if it's in the talks currently within the NCWest studio?

I wish they would say something. I should try to get into contact with my of my old school peeps but didn't want to bother them just yet. If there is something concrete I can link I'll definitely start networking with them then.

1 hour ago, Valedia-DN said:

might as well remove ulti enchantment stones since the highest damn tier stone can and will fail on the highest damn tier gear...whats the point of an ulti stone if its gonna fail on ulti gear/weapon?

The point is that you do not get the previous enchantment level lowered if it fails (or returned to +10 if it is past that).

Removing that means most normies will not be able to +15 their items, ever!

i get that, but please try n understand its not so much that i complain about pretty much everything but more so im a true gamer that does not mind spending time farming for stuff but when the time invested and you get that nope try again with a crappy drop rate in some cases it kinda turns u off from grinding like right now i just failed again so i just said phuck it and just decided to get off the game because my will to farm now is gone...i dont like fails, i want what i earned...ulti stones should not failon ulti gears cuz whats the point of them...

@Unbeatable-KT: I really don't need to justify myself with an answer. But what the hell: Many here know me and know I do not take any anti-Psychotic meds Lithium included and that in fact I'm ex DOD and that I crash landed a Plane in 1991 and have been a pain management patient since then get it!!

In addition, If I told you my IQ, it would scare you.

Enough said.

It's interesting how I have been so concise with all that english not being my first language and all.

So this topic/argument is about which of y'all should win in the recruitment of the community to go play classic aion or remain here? My advice is as follows, never go back to playing an old childhood game for you will not remain there long no matter how much you wish it was possible to do...as we grew up our gaming bodies changed along with the games that came after and as much as some of you will try it out again, I guarantee you that your body will refuse it...stay where the hell you are n die with gaming pride...the valedia has spoken! lol

Be mindful of these in Classic:

• Equipment Enchantment
    • There is no safe spot at +10 - Failure enchantment attempt of +10 equipment will reduce it to +9
    • Enchantment failure from +11 or higher will still revert enchantment level to +10
      • There are no such thing as Ultimate Enchantment Stones
      • Use supplements when enchanting +12 or higher equipment!
  • Manastone Socketing
    • Equipment can have up to 6 manastone slots for Fabled (yellow) or greater
    • Upon failure  of  manastone socketing, ALL manastones already socketed in that gear are lost
      • Use supplements when socketing the last few slots

On 1/6/2021 at 10:32 AM, Valedia-DN said:

might as well remove ulti enchantment stones since the highest damn tier stone can and will fail on the highest damn tier gear...whats the point of an ulti stone if its gonna fail on ulti gear/weapon?

Not sure if you played Aion Classic before, but it didn't ever contain ulti enchantment stones, nor were there tiers of armors to upgrade.

On 1/6/2021 at 5:03 PM, Valedia-DN said:

i get that, but please try n understand its not so much that i complain about pretty much everything but more so im a true gamer that does not mind spending time farming for stuff but when the time invested and you get that nope try again with a crappy drop rate in some cases it kinda turns u off from grinding like right now i just failed again so i just said phuck it and just decided to get off the game because my will to farm now is gone...i dont like fails, i want what i earned...ulti stones should not failon ulti gears cuz whats the point of them...

Imagine if life worked like that. That you do everything "right" as per what a textbook reading would suggest to reach to your destination of where you want to be in the future. If that was the case we would have millions of people in the high end professions of surgeons, doctors, lawyers, etc making millions of dollars. But that's not how life works. What people do is try their best, and sometimes that's just not enough. But just because they failed they don't throw their hands in the air and say screw this, I'm done with life. No, they figure their shit out and try something else until they make something of themselves. Point being, in life you'll experience a lot of success, but also a lot of fails along the way.

Similarly applied to a game. If every boss dropped a weapon 100% of the time and every manastone or enchanment stone succeeded... this game would be boring as hell and would not feel rewarding at all. We would reach end game in 1 month instead of 6 months. It also kills the longevity of the game.

On 1/6/2021 at 8:49 PM, Aieryn-DN said:

@Unbeatable-KT: I really don't need to justify myself with an answer. But what the hell: Many here know me and know I do not take any anti-Psychotic meds Lithium included and that in fact I'm ex DOD and that I crash landed a Plane in 1991 and have been a pain management patient since then get it!!

In addition, If I told you my IQ, it would scare you.

Enough said.

It's interesting how I have been so concise with all that english not being my first language and all.

Once again you keep saying "as many here know me"... nobody fuking knows you. I see you have a high post count from spamming this forum with what appears to be useless shit, and if that's what you idolize yourself for being known, then kudoos to you, but within the game itself, you're a nobody. Nor do people actually give a shit what your life story is.

Looks like that plane crash did quite a number on you in terms of brain damage, but hey, no one is judging. Just keep your well below average IQ reading levels to yourself.

Like I said before, just get the fuk out of the thread and stop embarrassing yourself. It's already embarrassing enough that you are in your 50s and are still playing games.

On 1/7/2021 at 4:51 AM, Valedia-DN said:

god i do remember the epic loss of manastones when failed and yall really wanna relive that nightmare lol

Yes I do and here is why. Because that "nightmare" is less of a nightmare compared to the RNG the current Aion has.

Seeing how Aion progressed over the last 11 years, would you rather have it's current RNG system or the system that was in place 11 years ago?

11 years ago we all nyerk and whined about how much the enchantment stones failed and that a 6 slot manastone piece was hard to slot.... but after seeing what we went through in terms of RNG in the past 11 years, such as upgrading tempering solutions, having omega stones, using now 3 different kinds of enchantment stones to upgrade 3 sets of different kind of armors to get to the end game, and many more examples that I can create a novel about.... in the end I choose the system that was in place in its classic days.

And like I responded to your above post, a game without RNG is not a game worth playing as it does not feel rewarding whatsoever.

On 1/6/2021 at 10:52 PM, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

• Equipment Enchantment
    • There is no safe spot at +10 - Failure enchantment attempt of +10 equipment will reduce it to +9
    • Enchantment failure from +11 or higher will still revert enchantment level to +10
  • Manastone Socketing
    • Upon failure  of  manastone socketing, ALL manastones already socketed in that gear are lost

You're one of the few people on these forums that I love because your every single post has a purpose unlike most of the people that post on these forums.

Great to have this info for people that need a refresher on the old mechanics!

On 1/7/2021 at 1:52 PM, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

• Equipment Enchantment
  • Manastone Socketing

Aion Classic didn't go past +10 enchant,  had a level cap of 50, and supplements didn't exist.

I had no problems enchanting my Guardian Tribunus set to +10.

Wasn't going to reply to this thread anymore because its becoming a shout down anyone who doesn't think the same as you kind of thing and there is just no point to it. But jeez @Unbeatable-KT that was probably the most toxic thing I have read in a while. While I don't really know @Aieryn-DN the name is familiar I guess maybe. But regardless what does it even matter who crowned you the Leader of Aion to tell people what they can and can't do in a public forum. You are the one who opened the discourse if you didn't get all the comments you wished to get sorry but thats life not everyone will feel the same as you. I swear you talk like your head is so far up your butt and you wish everyone else to lick out your butt, but I guess I understandable coming from a typical narcissistic "healthcare professional". Before you say, because yes I know it's coming, no I am not a "healthcare professional" both of my parents are but I have gotten a PhD after dropping out of medical school so I know the type fairly well. However it's honestly nice to know people like you aren't playing the game anymore. I hope you like Korea where they can be just as toxic to you as you are being to the people here. Who cares if someone is in their 50's playing video games. My grandparents are in their late 60's retired Military and they spend their free time playing WoW. It just seems like a lot you have a lot of assumptions about people and the fact you cant keep civil just shows how childish you are.

Well see if AIon Classic comes but with all the other games coming for us and the reception of Aion here in general even if it was to come it would more or less be much of the same. Thats it, I just hope we can stop with the unnecessary toxic comments. Thanks

20 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Like I said before, just get the fuk out of the thread and stop embarrassing yourself. It's already embarrassing enough that you are in your 50s and are still playing games.

bac-coment.gif

So you better stop playing games now because its really, but really embarrassing that at your age still playing games.

In all this years i played this game, i met grandparents playing with their glandchildrens, if you start asking around you will see there are many people who play this kind of games who are on their 30s, 40s, etc.. who continue to play these types of games.

8 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Heeeeeeeeee! I love it! @Unbeatable-KT I've been playing Aion Since release and have been around these forums since the beginning. Again, Enough said.

Oh, one last thing: I reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllly hope your an Ely! You'll find out why later................

Always been Elyos, so prepare to bend over for me. Spank you in game mami.

7 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Wasn't going to reply to this thread anymore because its becoming a shout down anyone who doesn't think the same as you kind of thing and there is just no point to it. But jeez @Unbeatable-KT that was probably the most toxic thing I have read in a while. While I don't really know @Aieryn-DN the name is familiar I guess maybe. But regardless what does it even matter who crowned you the Leader of Aion to tell people what they can and can't do in a public forum. You are the one who opened the discourse if you didn't get all the comments you wished to get sorry but thats life not everyone will feel the same as you. I swear you talk like your head is so far up your butt and you wish everyone else to lick out your butt, but I guess I understandable coming from a typical narcissistic "healthcare professional". Before you say, because yes I know it's coming, no I am not a "healthcare professional" both of my parents are but I have gotten a PhD after dropping out of medical school so I know the type fairly well. However it's honestly nice to know people like you aren't playing the game anymore. I hope you like Korea where they can be just as toxic to you as you are being to the people here. Who cares if someone is in their 50's playing video games. My grandparents are in their late 60's retired Military and they spend their free time playing WoW. It just seems like a lot you have a lot of assumptions about people and the fact you cant keep civil just shows how childish you are.

Well see if AIon Classic comes but with all the other games coming for us and the reception of Aion here in general even if it was to come it would more or less be much of the same. Thats it, I just hope we can stop with the unnecessary toxic comments. Thanks

Other than the first page where I went full on nyerk to shut some kids up who immediately bashed the idea and brought negativity to the thread, I don't see anyone else that I've been toxic to other than whoever this crash pilot is.

I created this thread with the purpose of presenting the public a petition. If you like the idea of an Aion Classic, then sign it. If you don't, then don't. It's really that simple. I didn't really open it for discussion purposes to be honest. And I sure as hell didn't open it to have negativity within it. There is a whole other thread solely named "Aion Classic" where there is no petition, and you can discuss the positives and negatives all you guys want.

Here is a funny way to look at this situation.

When you're around friends/spouse/family, how do you treat them? With love, respect and appreciation, just as they treat you.

When you're talking to a scholarly intellectual, how do you approach them? Like a scholar yourself.

When you talk on a gaming forum with a few individuals that have a brain the size of a peanut and have created a toxic community themselves from the start of this game... how do you talk to them? By stepping down to their level and being toxic as well.

I can't control public's opinion on anything, nor do I want the public's opinion on this. I want people to either sign the petition, or just don't. Simple as that. I especially don't want a nobody coming here seeking attention and looking for a post count increase by saying they're getting a migraine by what they're reading. Imagine how smart you must be not to realize that the migraine could be easily prevented just by not reading the topic. Genius. Mind blown.

1 hour ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Other than the first page where I went full on nyerk to shut some kids up who immediately bashed the idea and brought negativity to the thread, I don't see anyone else that I've been toxic to other than whoever this crash pilot is.

I created this thread with the purpose of presenting the public a petition. If you like the idea of an Aion Classic, then sign it. If you don't, then don't. It's really that simple. I didn't really open it for discussion purposes to be honest. And I sure as hell didn't open it to have negativity within it. There is a whole other thread solely named "Aion Classic" where there is no petition, and you can discuss the positives and negatives all you guys want.

Here is a funny way to look at this situation.

When you're around friends/spouse/family, how do you treat them? With love, respect and appreciation, just as they treat you.

When you're talking to a scholarly intellectual, how do you approach them? Like a scholar yourself.

When you talk on a gaming forum with a few individuals that have a brain the size of a peanut and have created a toxic community themselves from the start of this game... how do you talk to them? By stepping down to their level and being toxic as well.

I can't control public's opinion on anything, nor do I want the public's opinion on this. I want people to either sign the petition, or just don't. Simple as that. I especially don't want a nobody coming here seeking attention and looking for a post count increase by saying they're getting a migraine by what they're reading. Imagine how smart you must be not to realize that the migraine could be easily prevented just by not reading the topic. Genius. Mind blown.

It's NCsoft we have pretty much gotten everything Korea has gotten so most likely as it gets further into development in Korea and things gets fixed and timelines get more iron out we will most like be getting Classic here as well. If it was that we were GameForge then maybe it would be more up in the air but that is not the case. Some of the people were just stating how a petition most likely on the forums will not change a thing in the face of us getting it sooner or at all if we get it it probably won't be because we ask for it it will be because the KR NC gives it to us to try to boost income here in NA. 

This is all besides the point that the way you are look at the situation with the people on the forum in such an awful way. I am amazed by you have a perfect warped look on interpersonal communication. I would really hope that as a healthcare professional you would not classify people into groups like these as you seem to feel a certain group is inferior that you must talk down to them. Honestly is kinda sick to hear, regardless of their intelligence or else they are people too that deserve just as much compassion and respect as the people who you do show that respect for. I pray that is what you do at your place of work as well and this is not how you feel towards those people.

You are fine to have whatever you want on the forums but I might suggest just posting the petition and using a webpage to explain your points and that being it for the next time to cut the amount of response you do not wish to have here on the forums. Plus you have to realize any time someone is going to advocate something to the point they are asking for signatures they must to be able to deal with the response of the people because you are in fact coming to the people to get said signatures. So you are inviting the favorable and unfavorable responses by even making this petition and asking on others to sign.

well in response to being too old to game is bs cuz as far as i know theres no age limit for one to stop gaming especially if it makes the person happy so stop talking nonesense cuz im sure you still do somethings now that you did 10 to 15 years ago and if not then you have lived long enough to qualify to have a response on how old someone is n gaming...now i came here to say something to ncsoft...ncsoft what the nyerk is wrong with you ppl taking the 720 or so wintry coins out my inventory when i was saving up to get my legendary contract? Your reason for doing this as stated b4 is to level the playing field for those fake ass afk gamers for months/years and im here farming my ass off and yall just gonna say nyerk you and all the time invested farming...unbeatable, where is the nyerking reward for being here investing my time? i guess in your mind it would be ok if you work 80 hours to get that sweet sweet check n ur boss says oh well i cna only pay u for 40 hours and i have to level the working field by giving away half your salary to others who wasnt working but its fair right...nyerk you once again ncsoft!

700+ nyerking wintry coins gone down the nyerking drain...nyerk YOU,nyerk YOU,nyerk YOU AND MOTHER nyerkING nyerk YOU NCSOFT!

YA MOTHER AINT SHIT!

Archived