Why is no one listening?

Fungie-DN

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Honestly, I used to be like you and hoard my skins, but I've been changing them out every 2-4 weeks now, and it's made me so happy lol. I know some of them are gone forever, but I am playing the game less and less as the weeks go by (makes me sad to admit that even to myself), so I might as well use up all of my old skins.

I'll go down in flames with my skins hoarded and doused in gasoline if I have to, but I won't use them.

I usually go to my estate and check them making some combinations usually with main skin + head skin to see what matches.

I would love nothing more than to be hired to run the BCM.  The store has been so neglected and the choices for what are and what aren't listed make zero sense to me. @Kibbelz We need frequent rotations for what's listed on the BCM to create permanent interest. There should always be something new. I spoke with a GM on Aion the other day about how I thought it would be awesome if the Luna Craft items were changed up every season, with the example of the Solorius furniture and skins being available to craft throughout December. It seems someone was either like-minded, or my message was passed on because lo-and-behold we now have Solorius furniture and Skins on the BCM. Good!

I think everyone would LOVE it if the store was changed often to reflect the current seasons/holidays. Just like the Solorius Furniture should be available during the Winter, the Floral Vine furniture should be available during the Spring, the Breezy Furniture should be available during the Summer, and the Camping Furniture should be available during the Fall.  Skins should be listed in a like-wise fashion, where they also follow a theme. I remember during the past Summer a bunch of bathing-suites and summer dresses were listed, and that was perfect. Keep doing things like that and stop listing ugly/goofy things no-one wants like the Star affro and the forsaken Snake costume.

This Spring, I would list the entire Floral Vine furniture pack. I would list Innocent Aris' skins and Weapon skins. You see how all these items correspond with Spring/flowers? That's when people are going to want to buy them.

c2e37132e93c3d78c5a87e4e1832e3f40a16f467

Ij8QCzR.jpg

3-5_pure-lilia-series.jpg

I think players would be more inclined to pay for skins off the BCM if they didn't have to worry about that silly one-time use restriction. As @Arhangelos-KT and @Vantheria-DN implied, people are hoarding skins like crazy in this game because they know that the moment they actually apply them to a piece of armor, they are gone forever. If ncwest truly wants to make a profit selling skins again, they need to remove this restriction. I believe more people would be willing to pay money for skins if they felt they were making smart purchases. I also think skin hoarders would be more inclined to replace their older skins with new ones, if they didn't have to worry about another item taking up space in their inventories that they'll use once and never use again.

44 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

I think players would be more inclined to pay for skins off the BCM if they didn't have to worry about that silly one-time use restriction. As @Arhangelos-KT and @Vantheria-DN implied, people are hoarding skins like crazy in this game because they know that the moment they actually apply them to a piece of armor, they are gone forever. If ncwest truly wants to make a profit selling skins again, they need to remove this restriction. I believe more people would be willing to pay money for skins if they felt they were making smart purchases. I also think skin hoarders would be more inclined to replace their older skins with new ones, if they didn't have to worry about another item taking up space in their inventories that they'll use once and never use again.

You read my mind, the only thing left in this game for me is the skins, my class is garbage, pvp in general is garbage, the gear gap is insane with niche items like lunar weapons or dazzling gemstones, paragon equipment etc so I only log into the game now.

I can hardly believe 1 year ago I was in top tier doing all kinds of pvp instances, going to all sieges, being the highest rank when care to bother and now I am a walking dummy.

I am almost thinking that an aion classic server would do me a favor.

I wish that all skins were one piece and we could have a "Skin Slot" like we do for Wings, Glyphs, ect. Then we could wear our good gear, but change out the appearance whenever we wanted without consuming the item. Would probably need a hat skin slot too though... It would be an improvement to the Luna Wardrobe.

4 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

I wish that all skins were one piece and we could have a "Skin Slot" like we do for Wings, Glyphs, ect. Then we could wear our good gear, but change out the appearance whenever we wanted without consuming the item. Would probably need a hat skin slot too though... It would be an improvement to the Luna Wardrobe.

Its weird cause Ncosfts other games like BNS have a skin slot so once u buy the skins u keep it forever but they are more expensive than Aions skins because of that

It is a bit surprising that skins are so low on the priority list- but I think it would be higher on the list if you grouped all the cosmetics together. Because practically everyone I talk to wants more skins, mounts, furniture, and emotes/motions.

The BCM is perpetually disappointing tbh, with one or two really good desirable skins listed every couple months. For example, the Cute Denim Dress is a skin I've been advocating for NA to get for years and we finally got it and I snatched it right up. (Ended up giving it to the girlfriend since it looks a lot better on her toon than mine but I'm happy enough with that too 😋) But let's look at the recent Solorius sale. There's a few solid skins in there- Resplendent Jolly Coat is still newish and pretty, Snowman skin+emote are traditional, All Wrapped Up used to be in Luna crafting but is still a popular skin so I'm glad it's back in circulation, and the Candle and Tree costumes are thematic but goofy so the lower price tag seems reasonable. Those are solid choices- nothing I will buy since I have the ones I like already, but I could see some players going for them. But the other Solorius skins are such a bust! They used to be sold by merchants in the capital cities, for kinah- so they were basically free. And we're expected to shell out 640 NCoin for those? Oh jeez... 😬

Now to be fair, I do appreciate the party skins conceptually.  I saw them and was like, "Oh! Those are for New Year/holiday parties! Cute idea!" But the problem is they are, again, old school freebies from Sanctum/Pandaemonium. If you guys had listed some fancy dresses and suits with the same mindset, you probably could have made a tidy little fortune. And then add in other "wintery" skins like the Warm Panda Padding etc etc- they aren't my style but a large portion of the AION playerbase loooooooves the cute skins. Maybe we will see those for January? That works as well, since people will have extra spending money from Christmas.

TL;DR Keep the thematic elements of the sale but make the actual products worthwhile! You're killing me here!

9 minutes ago, Haniya-DN said:

It is a bit surprising that skins are so low on the priority list- but I think it would be higher on the list if you grouped all the cosmetics together. Because practically everyone I talk to wants more skins, mounts, furniture, and emotes/motions.

It is just visually low. Example: Below i moved it up to the top of the 3s and now it looks way higher up the list. However if you look at everything in 1 and 2 they are bigger issues than skins. It fits right where it should be. Players had the ability to complain about skins more when the list was made but they did not despite there being very few choices back then. Simply put the list was made based on the priority of what the players needed at the time. It would not surprise me that this time round if we did a new list transformations would drop down to 2nd because players would be complaining about gemstones and so on more than transformations due to their being new issues that arisen and many of the players that were complaining about transformations have more than likely quit now.

unknown.png

Actually we can't simply blamed downfall of Aion because lacking of skins only xD

I feeling like everyone targeting skins issue now can you imagine how bad gameplay of Aion is ? imagine yourself with everything +15 and ultimate transform that's equal playing a shooter game with a nuclear launcher with unlimited ammo you just simply destroyed everything in your sight.

I believed if transformation contract dropping like manastones with removed luna system it will greatly increase chance for people getting ultimate and no more afk. I would even adding skin coins,kinah,daevanion skill books to mobs use to buy old skins from old version ,luna , old instance and everyone will happy by actually playing instead doing afk and wait for events.(Because a game is for us playing to enjoy not afk and get rewards that's boring AF)

The idea making kinah untradable to combat with RMT it completely failed(But I believed it was for otherwise). There're many many things to fix to make live Aion to acceptable. Sorry to say but Kibbelz bosses just has a narrow mind, fear of changes ,traditional people with attitudes like this should not work for a gaming company where innovates ,highly competitive ,always try new things they're more suitable pre internet jobs like a librarian or conservative jobs.(Well if you wanna do this job then you better changing yourself now it's not too late as long as you start doing it)

I'm sure you don't like being bash by your fans everyday (I believed it coming from all 3 games you managing Aion,BnS and Lineaged 2) enough is enough try something new!!

16 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Actually we can't simply blamed downfall of Aion because lacking of skins only xD

I feeling like everyone targeting skins issue now can you imagine how bad gameplay of Aion is ?

Nalariel, this thread is about skins though and addresses the issue. As we have said  numerous times, skins themselves aren't the A to N of Aion, it is the part of Aion that was supposed to be fun and they ruin it for no other reason than ruining it.

It is not like they changed a skill of a class to balance it and people dislike it because in this case developers and publishers have a reason to "nerf" something that was unfair. Skins are an entirely stand alone entity in the game that has absolutely no reason to be that limited as it is now because it is just the fun of it. Imagine in the character creation screen that you have (lets say) 30 hair styles to choose from and in a future update the developers remove 15 of them for no other reason other than dumbifying the game.

In short:

1. If you bring every skin in game and make it affordable, you can't expect Aion to get alive like it was just because of the skins' presence.
  2. But if you take away every customization and skin from the game it will sure die faster.

In a game where you cannot pvp properly, cannot gear properly, cannot get niche items like lunar weapons, can't progress other aspects... at least let us look cool and do some mmo"RP"g

Ok I'm sorry about that I just want to point out we need to do a lot more than just adding skins ☺️

The point is I don't really have anything to play now because the server I'm playing is greatly declining (I really don't know exact reasons but one of them is their troublesome payment). But I don't regret that I played on it because it was a happy time for me😙

I don't want to use destructive ways but if nobody listening to us what we can do ? :/
At least I need to know the progress if what we suggesting actually being review or working on it.

Silence is the worst thing that anyone can do to us.

@Arhangelos-KT @Vantheria-DN & @HealingSquid-KT AKA the Squid, lol are the only usernames I've seen in this thread who have been around for some time and only two that like me who have been around forever however I do agree with many of you about skins and the BCM and their cost. So much so that I no longer buy any skins for my characters from the BCM especia;lly since all of them now give me no choice when it comes to my characters mane ( I'm Asmodian you see and proud and prefer my mane to show). Anyhoo, So, What I do now is just hold on to the outfits I like or I think  are cute I get while my characters are leveling which there are quite a few, and use these for end game skins once I obtain my girl's end game outfits. And of course I also keep an eye out for these same outfits on the broker for spares. Say what ya want but, it works for me. Doesn't change the fact I've been waiting three years now for them to bring back my Pagati mount That kinda looks like a dragon I have on my main and 2 other of my characters so I can get it on my others or make all mounts account wide as they are in every other game I play or bring back all our maps and story we love................I feel the tears coming now so I think I'll quit here...........

1 hour ago, Aieryn-DN said:

@Arhangelos-KT @Vantheria-DN & @HealingSquid-KT AKA the Squid, lol are the only usernames I've seen in this thread who have been around for some time and only two that like me who have been around forever however I do agree with many of you about skins and the BCM and their cost. So much so that I no longer buy any skins for my characters from the BCM especia;lly since all of them now give me no choice when it comes to my characters mane ( I'm Asmodian you see and proud and prefer my mane to show). Anyhoo, So, What I do now is just hold on to the outfits I like or I think  are cute I get while my characters are leveling which there are quite a few, and use these for end game skins once I obtain my girl's end game outfits. And of course I also keep an eye out for these same outfits on the broker for spares. Say what ya want but, it works for me. Doesn't change the fact I've been waiting three years now for them to bring back my Pagati mount That kinda looks like a dragon I have on my main and 2 other of my characters so I can get it on my others or make all mounts account wide as they are in every other game I play or bring back all our maps and story we love................I feel the tears coming now so I think I'll quit here...........

Oh I see you are a skin junky like us, once you get into the scheme you can never leave. Whoever starts hoarding skins will end up with all the wh and inventory pets full of them.

22 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

I would love nothing more than to be hired to run the BCM.  The store has been so neglected and the choices for what are and what aren't listed make zero sense to me. @Kibbelz We need frequent rotations for what's listed on the BCM to create permanent interest. There should always be something new. I spoke with a GM on Aion the other day about how I thought it would be awesome if the Luna Craft items were changed up every season, with the example of the Solorius furniture and skins being available to craft throughout December. It seems someone was either like-minded, or my message was passed on because lo-and-behold we now have Solorius furniture and Skins on the BCM. Good!

I think everyone would LOVE it if the store was changed often to reflect the current seasons/holidays. Just like the Solorius Furniture should be available during the Winter, the Floral Vine furniture should be available during the Spring, the Breezy Furniture should be available during the Summer, and the Camping Furniture should be available during the Fall.  Skins should be listed in a like-wise fashion, where they also follow a theme. I remember during the past Summer a bunch of bathing-suites and summer dresses were listed, and that was perfect. Keep doing things like that and stop listing ugly/goofy things no-one wants like the Star affro and the forsaken Snake costume.

This Spring, I would list the entire Floral Vine furniture pack. I would list Innocent Aris' skins and Weapon skins. You see how all these items correspond with Spring/flowers? That's when people are going to want to buy them.

Ij8QCzR.jpg

3-5_pure-lilia-series.jpg

...my eyes, you posted a whole series of uniform skins and furniture. They look so dreamy all together that "I needs to has it allz".

And I have none of these skins or furniture, I feel empty now!

If they brought all that back in an easy to get way, I am sure people would log just to role play and take screenshots. Forget about pvp and pve, it is all about skins now!

39 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...my eyes, you posted a whole series of uniform skins and furniture. They look so dreamy all together that "I needs to has it allz".

And I have none of these skins or furniture, I feel empty now!

If they brought all that back in an easy to get way, I am sure people would log just to role play and take screenshots. Forget about pvp and pve, it is all about skins now!

You want an easy way to get the floral vine furniture? lol ok!  Go and buy it from the Village Furniture Merchant in your home village square.  This furniture pack has always been a perk to owning a house or better and is still in game and purchasable for kinah.   Seems like a pretty easy way to get it...

I had a good laugh when @Gallium-DNsaid they wanted nothing more than to run the BCM.  Taking some of the unique skins that are still offered in game for kinah at this very moment and putting them on the BCM as a limited edition spring item pack seems VERY in line with NC's BCM market strategies.  Good luck in your job application, lmao.

1 hour ago, Wondrous-KT said:

I had a good laugh when @Gallium-DNsaid they wanted nothing more than to run the BCM.  Taking some of the unique skins that are still offered in game for kinah at this very moment and putting them on the BCM as a limited edition spring item pack seems VERY in line with NC's BCM market strategies.  Good luck in your job application, lmao.

tenor.gif?itemid=15995490

Wow, someone is in a mood. As far as I am aware, because I own a studio and not a house, the skins can only be obtained through a Guestbloom and all the Guestblooms have been removed from the NPCs. So in order to obtain the ones I used in my example, you would need to own the guestbloom already.

I was just using those skins/furniture pack as an example because, as I said, they follow the Spring theme, and as @Archangelos-KT put it, it looks aesthetically pleasing together.

You're asking for some things that are already in game to be put into the BCM for real money.  It made me laugh because... ummm, it's already what NC is doing... if you can't see the humor in this... idk what to say, lol.

If you only own a studio, you don't get access to the floral vine furniture items, that has always been the case.  This isn't anything new.

Once again, in the vein of NCSoft selling kinah items for real money. I may as well link those charts I made back in the day. They've always used scummy business tactics. These items were renamed to trick people into paying hard cash for them and they were priced to force you to buy more NCCoin than you actually needed. Notice how if you wanted two outfits for whatever reason, you'd have to buy the $20 coin pack and then an extra $5 400 coin pack. Rather than pricing the items at an even 900 coins to allow you to buy two with the $20 pack, they are priced just out of reach for an extra 120 coins...

https://imgur.com/a/ypwVraJ

mut4rC4l.jpg

zo7i5ZVl.jpg

YHQPxIzl.jpg

I feel like the BCM is the way for NCsoft to say like "hey, were not trying to rob you of your money... see were not putting a lot of stuff on the BCM to sell you!" *then puts up an event that sells a full set of pvp and pve gear for 20,000$.* But in reality, the BCM is the one place where people are glad to spend money and there's no complications between p2w and f2p players. I remember when the new summer skin (i forgot what it was called) came out earlier this year, and no one that I spoke to about the skin knew what I was talking about because of how dead the BCM no one even checks for new stuff. 

Theres clearly a reason why they arent updating it, as we have seen, NCsoft is EXTREMLY money hungry and yet the one way they can make a constant flow of income and they dont try and pursue it entirely? Personally, I feel NCsoft feel like if you arent willing to spend 1,000$+ on the game then you dont deserve to get anything. Thats why they dont put skins that are cheaper, or things that would make them a lot of money on there. I mean seriously, i would spend money to get the Delegate, or some more rare skins again. People have been asking for skins and different cosmetic items for a while now. It says a lot that the ninja motion, a motion that was once 15m, can now be sold for so much kinah due to it not being on the bcm and unobtainable now.

On 12/12/2020 at 3:57 PM, Wondrous-KT said:

You're asking for some things that are already in game to be put into the BCM for real money.  It made me laugh because... ummm, it's already what NC is doing... if you can't see the humor in this... idk what to say, lol.

If you only own a studio, you don't get access to the floral vine furniture items, that has always been the case.  This isn't anything new.

Again, my post was only to be used as an example of something that follows a theme (I chose Spring). As to the "this isn't anything new" comment, um, I never said it was? 😕 <- confused face.

I do agree, however, that it's really crappy that so many in-game purchasable items have been removed. It sucks, and there is no logical explanation on why those areas of the capitol cities were blocked off.

On 12/11/2020 at 2:38 PM, Gallium-DN said:

I would love nothing more than to be hired to run the BCM.... 

This Spring, I would list the entire Floral Vine furniture pack.

That was that funny part... 

You used items already in game for kinah as an example for how you would run the BCM.   The punchline is :  this is already how the BCM is run.  lol

TL;DR  If you're interested in any of the above furniture skins, buy before NC removes the merchant and lists them on the BCM exclusively!

@Jagblade-DN: Thanks for the charts! Again this further demonstrates why I no longer buy skins for my characters from the BCM..er, well, that and the  disappearing mane thing. It's bad enough we Asmodians lost our talons back in the day so to me anyways our manes are a defining trait. As far as my characters darker skin tones, they  were raised near the edge of Asmodae where some sunlight peaked threough. I do RP and have an extensive backstory for each of them. Although, Not sure what to do about some of that since our story got hacked to bits in 6x especially Munn's. (long sigh) Oh well, hope to see everyone in game. And to the Ely's, I'm dying for some aerial combat. A Clue for the noobs: I'm the best Aerialist in game and although there isn't hardly any place to fly any more I haven't found anyone yet who can beat me in Aerial combat. And that's not a brag, it's just a fact. My main Assassin's name is Mhoki. A few of the old timers might remember her from the Abyss, lol. Come find me in Bushnell. We'll have some fun anyways.

12 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

I haven't found anyone yet who can beat me in Aerial combat. And that's not a brag, it's just a fact. 

There are probably lots of people who can beat you in aerial combat now. Not necessarily because they can fly better or are more skilled, but because of all the random bullshit everyone has now -- gemstones, runestones, advanced Daeva skills, advanced stigmas, more more more. Aion is just so stupid with the more more more now. 😔

3 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

There are probably lots of people who can beat you in aerial combat now. Not necessarily because they can fly better or are more skilled, but because of all the random bullshit everyone has now -- gemstones, runestones, advanced Daeva skills, advanced stigmas, more more more. Aion is just so stupid with the more more more now. 😔

Possible. I never say never. But I do love a challenge. As I said, we'll have some fun no matter what happens.

15 hours ago, Wondrous-KT said:

That was that funny part... 

You used items already in game for kinah as an example for how you would run the BCM.   The punchline is :  this is already how the BCM is run.  lol

OK I think I get you now. Your post just seemed really troll-ish, like why are you nitpicking me over an example? What I had meant in the beginning of my original post was that I greatly dislike that the BCM is so barren compared to how it used to be, and I don't know why they keep listing ugly/goofy things that are clearly non-sellers like mascot costumes and oddly shaped wigs. People want to buy cool/pretty/useful things. I don't know why half the Mounts, for example, are still missing off the market. Anyone who doesn't have an Ulti-form notices how long it takes to cross a map  without a Mount -.-

Archived