Crafting the Xeross gear

Cyfur

There is a serious problem crafting the new Xeross PvP gear.

Getting 736 pieces each for the 4 gatherable Items required , is hard enough, most of them have to be gotten from Crimson Katalam, so expect to die a lot, and take many weeks.

But the real show stopper is the 736 "Heart of Protection"  mats which can only be obtained by killing the final boss in certain PvE instances. Yep it's not a typo, to craft your PvP gear you need to run PvE instances over and over and over and over and over....

How many people on the NA servers have crafted all the Xeross gear? I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was zero. In fact I would like to know if anyone in NA has managed to craft even a single piece!

So, I propose the following options:

Make  "Heart of Protection" drop in PvP instances at a practical rate.

or

Sell "Heart of Protection" for battle coins

or

Replace "Heart of Protection" for battle coins in the crafting requirements for Xeross gear.

or

Sell "Heart of Protection" on BCM.

7 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

AAAAAND you have to be lucky enough to WIN the Heart of Protection against your groupmates because it only drops one. 🙃🙃🙃

I didn't know that, I am not a PvE instance kind of person. That makes the Xeross gear, and probably the Clearsky gear in NA unachievable.

So the devs need to look at this a bit deeper than just a suggestion.

57 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

I didn't know that, I am not a PvE instance kind of person. That makes the Xeross gear, and probably the Clearsky gear in NA unachievable.

So the devs need to look at this a bit deeper than just a suggestion.

Is it the best pve gear in game? I mean if you have to run all these instances 1000 times just to get the materials to craft then aren't the instances already going to drop like ten sets of the best pve gear?

Or is this the new way of making pve gear? Run pve instances to get mats to craft the gear?

3 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

Well technically you can also get it from Lumiel's Transmutation, but the rate must be extremely low. I haven't heard of anyone getting a piece from there yet.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Is it the best pve gear in game? I mean if you have to run all these instances 1000 times just to get the materials to craft then aren't the instances already going to drop like ten sets of the best pve gear?

Or is this the new way of making pve gear? Run pve instances to get mats to craft the gear?

The gear has the same base stats as the best instance gear. I think the difference is the crafted comes with the predetermined "perfect" dps stats whereas the instance version can be retuned.

3 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

The gear has the same base stats as the best instance gear. I think the difference is the crafted comes with the predetermined "perfect" dps stats whereas the instance version can be retuned.

Better than Sovereign? If yes which is the new best pve gear now? The item guide is sketchy, it doesn't show all items, and Xeross is not there, at least not in the gear section.

7.0 has been awful, they have been releasing new gear within minipatches again!

I have crafted one piece, the gloves, only reason I even got the hearts for it was I run with a static and no one crafts so they pass on it because if you're not crafting its just a useless item taking up an invetory slot but in randoms its red people are gonna roll on it regardless of what it is honestly they'll roll on anything even if you put whites on roll. So yeah it sucks a guy in legion got one of the clearsky boxes from lumiels but I mean the set is kinda bad unless you really need something as I stated before on another thread the set doesn't have crit. So you can socket the crit you would lose in the set and the rest with atk and it would be about 50-75 atk less but higher def and HP. If you said you don't need the crit, well you would have 1.050 less crit if its just 6 armor if you did weapon too 1.750 crit less. So unless you like the skin not worth the effort

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Better than Sovereign? If yes which is the new best pve gear now?

Xeross is pvp; Clearsky is pve. They're both in the guide.

18 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

So yeah it sucks a guy in legion got one of the clearsky boxes from lumiels but I mean the set is kinda bad unless you really need something as I stated before on another thread the set doesn't have crit. So you can socket the crit you would lose in the set and the rest with atk and it would be about 50-75 atk less but higher def and HP. If you said you don't need the crit, well you would have 1.050 less crit if its just 6 armor if you did weapon too 1.750 crit less. So unless you like the skin not worth the effort

Most people have plenty of crit in pve. I have 42% crit, which is a bit overkill for pve; plenty of people have more crit than that and don't even need that much. Losing 1k crit wouldn't hurt very much. It's a viable set in regards to stats for many classes, but not really for crafting because of how many Hearts you need. It would just take too long. If the Hearts were plentiful, then I'd go for it.

8 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Most people have plenty of crit in pve. I have 42% crit, which is a bit overkill for pve; plenty of people have more crit than that and don't even need that much. Losing 1k crit wouldn't hurt very much. It's a viable set in regards to stats for many classes, but not really for crafting because of how many Hearts you need. It would just take too long. If the Hearts were plentiful, then I'd go for it.

Guess the point is if you have weapons and all 6 pieces you lose 1.750 crit to gain 190 attack 450 HP 240 each defense if you want accuracy its +60. Even if you can get the hearts easy its not something I would replace put over the sovereign

This is the difference is not going to change the damage at all even if you could get it quickly same goes for the pvp set better off with DT til you get the Thorn

1 hour ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Guess the point is if you have weapons and all 6 pieces you lose 1.750 crit to gain 190 attack 450 HP 240 each defense if you want accuracy its +60. Even if you can get the hearts easy its not something I would replace put over the sovereign

This is the difference is not going to change the damage at all even if you could get it quickly same goes for the pvp set better off with DT til you get the Thorn

You are not going to replace sovereign with Xeross, it's to replace DT, the objective is to +15 the PvP bonus. I spent hours retuning my DT and Fierce Katalam pieces when the 11th. anniversary 1kinah retuning event was on, and still Xeross specs are better. There is not a chance in hell that I would bother to retune DT if it wasn't for that event.

I see tuning as a disadvantage because it involves massive amounts of RNG.

The first Xeross piece I was trying to get was the mace for my cleric, and it  has 363 magic crit in the base stats. Not that crit matters for a cleric.

11 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

So isn't Bitterthorn better than Xeross? If yes then there is literally no incentive to bother to craft one unless you need the stats that xeross gives automatically.

On paper perhaps, but not in my practical opinion. Like DT,  Bitterthrorn gear requires massive amounts of re-tuning to realize it's potential. I don't see myself doing that, so Xeross is better for me.

The starts you gain vs the stats you lose are essentially even with DT so you are spending so much time to craft a set that is a lateral move not really an improvement and seeing as you have to enchant that as well yikes just stay in your DT if you don't want the new set. Also it is so much faster to get the thorn set than the crafted maybe if you hardcore PvE'd and had a group to funnel you all mats then maybe its faster but most likely its the same amount of time unless you are burning luna on resets. At the very least with armor if were saying standard set then there are only 3 bad tuning options so its not that hard to tune armor to what you want you won't spend nearly the same amount as you do on accessories. But the skin is decent and its why I wish to have it so I will get it in time I have seen a box of it on the broker as well so check there too

28 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

On paper perhaps, but not in my practical opinion. Like DT,  Bitterthrorn gear requires massive amounts of re-tuning to realize it's potential. I don't see myself doing that, so Xeross is better for me.

In the amount of those special materials it is defo not practical then. But going to Timeless Terrace and doing hardcore pve in a zerg infested map might be a game breaker for many.

I know I will stick to my DT for now since I am not going to be active in 7.7 so why bother anyways. The whole 7.x is a bad nightmare.

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed that the Clearsky crafted gear, which is the PvE equivalent of the Xeross gear, requires that PvE'ers spend weeks gathering materials on PvP battleground maps.

At least those materials you can trade on the broker, unlike the Heart of Protection.

8 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

I just noticed that the Clearsky crafted gear, which is the PvE equivalent of the Xeross gear, requires that PvE'ers spend weeks gathering materials on PvP battleground maps.

At least those materials you can trade on the broker, unlike the Heart of Protection.

Are these better than Cruel Demaha? Because crafting was never easy on aion and the crafts were usually not that rewarding.

1 hour ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

its 100% to craft it if it procs you get it +7 out of the box

That's great but 100% craft recipes usually were very hard to craft due to niche materials nobody had the ability to openly farm. There was always a bottleneck, in previous mini patch for example you needed essencetapped materials from Demaha and to get essencetappers from there you needed 1 stellium for every 1 extractor, so that required a ton of pre-work to even essencetap. Then on top of this you would get mostly ancient Titanias and you needed a ton more ultimates which was just RNG.

8 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

That's great but 100% craft recipes usually were very hard to craft due to niche materials nobody had the ability to openly farm. There was always a bottleneck, in previous mini patch for example you needed essencetapped materials from Demaha and to get essencetappers from there you needed 1 stellium for every 1 extractor, so that required a ton of pre-work to even essencetap. Then on top of this you would get mostly ancient Titanias and you needed a ton more ultimates which was just RNG.

That bit doesn't bother me. I am perfectly happy to run around PvP maps to gather materials to craft PvP gear.

What bothers me is being forced to run PvE group instances, thousands of times, to get non tradeable materials for PvP gear.

10 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

That bit doesn't bother me. I am perfectly happy to run around PvP maps to gather materials to craft PvP gear.

What bothers me is being forced to run PvE group instances, thousands of times, to get non tradeable materials for PvP gear.

Yes they really scrambled the pvp and pve gears again, they had them perfectly separated during 6.x and now in 7.x they screwed things up.

Archived