Weekly Server Maintenance - December 16, 2020

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

Weekly Maintenance will take place tomorrow 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC), and is expected to last approximately 4 hours 15 minutes. Below are the changes!

Events

Gameplay Updates/Bug Fixes

• Enchantment Stone morphing recipes will be re-added after erroneously being removed in the Unshackled Fate update.
  • Various village quests such as "[Daily] Stop the Bandits!" can now be turned in remotely instead of talking to an NPC.
  • As the season has ended, GP will be reset.

Localization/Text Changes

• Fixed some Stigma bundles using an incorrect tag in the title.
  • Occurrences of the term "Merone" (such as some food items and cosmetics) have been changed to "Meloon."
  • Added Selection to some bundles with selectable rewards.
  • Unified some cosmetic items that were visually identical to others, but had different names.

Happy Hunting!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guaranteed Ultimate Transformations

We saw quite a few inquiries asking if Guaranteed Ultimate Transformations would continue going forward for those who made a minimum threshold of attempts. We think this service is an important safety net for those who need it, and we will continue offering it during select transformation promotions. Our hope is that this reassurance will prove beneficial to those who have previously struggled to obtain an Ultimate Transformation.

I thought for sure we would get an Ulti promotion for Christmas... It fits the holiday theme, and everyone will have gotten their bonuses from work and spending money from relatives to shell out on BCM purchases. So disappointing and, well, kind of infuriating if you've still got the energy to be angry with Aion. Our last guaranteed Ulti event was back in August, wasn't it? 

I like the cosmetics available across the various events and I'm glad we can morph stones again. It's just hard to muster any enthusiasm for this sort of thing when I'm gutted over the lack of any Ulti promotional events. Damn.

I'm genuinely infuriated that we're not getting an ultimate promo for xmas of all times of the year. I'm fed up with having to contend against what seems to be everyone else having their own ultimate xform. Honestly, I'm contemplating why I bother sticking around in this game, let alone put money into it.

• Aion Team

Hi everyone - I just chatted w/ our game team on this. The focus for the holiday season has been around the minion promotion, which we hope you all can/do enjoy! That said, we hear your eagerness for another promotion involving ultimate transformations, so thank you for sharing/letting us know.

If you will permit me some transparency here, it is a bit sad to see words like infuriated/dissapointing... I know the team was hoping that there would be appreciation for the minion promotion which was organized according to player feedback. Still, with more than half the comments here requesting ulti-transform promotions, we hear where you're at.

We will absolutely plan another one.

I am glad we are having snowbawlz event, I hope the berdin lucky stars are brokerable or tradeable, I needz to be able to buy as many of them.

other than that I do not expect them to have an ultipromotion anytime soon, they can't have on promotion every month or so, I assume they might be doing this once a year!

20 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone - I just chatted w/ our game team on this. The focus for the holiday season has been around the minion promotion, which we hope you all can/do enjoy! That said, we hear your eagerness for another promotion involving ultimate transformations, so thank you for sharing/letting us know.

If you will permit me some transparency here, it is a bit sad to see words like infuriated/dissapointing... I know the team was hoping that there would be appreciation for the minion promotion which was organized according to player feedback. Still, with more than half the comments here requesting ulti-transform promotions, we hear where you're at.

Kibbelz,

Why were imbued weapons and ereshkigal contracts removed from the original shenanigans rewards? Those are two things a majority of player would definitely like to see. Does the team just not want the Asmodian faction to ever have imbued weapons? You realize it is currently impossible for Asmodians to get imbued weapons because they don't organize for world bosses and the Elyos that do organize for it vastly outnumber Asmodian players. This means all 5 spawn days a week all imbued weapons go to the Elyos faction.

41 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

@Kibbelz

YOu got be joking , you guys sell minion A rank for 80 $ each and you ask us to fuse 4-6 of them to get a RAMDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM A RAMDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM box , why can you let us pick the one we want ......... Why everytime you guys do a event got be shit , why ?!?!? ......... Look like will hurt you to get a good feed back on a event ..... No Bad event After BAD event ............ RNG ON RNG ON RNG WITH RNG ON RNG .......... Dude i will be so depress to be working and get shit talk to me everyday ..... Im still dreaming about a day you guys do something right ..... Nah garbage after garbage ..... Shame on you !!!

giphy.gif

Thank you Kibbelz and team for fixing the enchantment recipe bug and bringing in the minion promotion event.

Please don't let us players discourage you from continuing to give us events / fixing events that were broken. 

At the same time, Aion has been on a rapid decline since 6.0, largely summed up to P2W events with no way for F2P/casual spending players to catch up, probably best summarized in this article (https://bluntlyhonestreviews.com/2020/10/07/is-aion-worth-playing-in-2020/). As someone who spends thousands on this game and enjoys pvp, aion's current population and the small handful of players I'm able to pvp against, honestly makes the experience quite bad and makes me rethink spending anymore money in the game. The event rewards are a good start, but to sustain any kind of long term revenue, you need to make the game fun first, and that means 1) giving everyone equal opportunity to access the rewards, 2) making it much easier to access end game content and items. I guarantee you the whales at the top of the spending chart are looking to min/max their gear and giving others access to a majority of end game items, will not deter them from spending equally as much to retune those end game items. If anything they will just spend more due to aion being more 'fun' and having a growing population. 

6 minutes ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

@Kibbelz

YOu got be joking , you guys sell minion A rank for 80 $ each and you ask us to fuse 4-6 of them to get a RAMDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM A RAMDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM box , why can you let us pick the one we want ......... Why everytime you guys do a event got be shit , why ?!?!? ......... Look like will hurt you to get a good feed back on a event ..... No Bad event After BAD event ............ RNG ON RNG ON RNG WITH RNG ON RNG .......... Dude i will be so depress to be working and get shit talk to me everyday ..... Im still dreaming about a day you guys do something right ..... Nah garbage after garbage ..... Shame on you !!!

giphy.gif

Dude, just re-roll!

"Random rewards.
Can be rerolled.
Reroll cost: 80 Grade S Minium
Reroll limit: 10 times"

You can choose which you want...

Btw, thank you for the 3 awsome events, @Kibbelz and Devs o/
And I cant wait for a Transformation Promotion event again!! XD

11 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Honestly, I can tell you all put a lot of effort into these events. Three ongoing events at the same time (plus Daeva Dash) with a lot of types of rewards. People can call me a white knight or whatever, but I can see some effort here, and I appreciate it.

You aren't a white knight, they did put some effort into bringing us 3 events, but the highly disappointing part is when they put in effort to remove stuff from the rewards that people actually want and have been trying to get for months now. It's highly frustrating to be locked behind an in-game wall controlled by players rather than the game itself.

@Kibbelz Thx!! Don't listen to those guys, the one QQing about ultimate transformation already has one and the other one QQing about minions is just mad all the time.

I don't have ulti yet, holding my transformations to combine when next event happens but still happy about that minion promotion. Also, you let us know in advance about that >> "El que avisa no traiciona". I know is going to help a lot of ppl that didn't succed and has no rank S yet.

Merry Christmas!!
🧉Zeyra🧉

@Kibbelz Question about the technicalities of the minion promotion

On January 1st, our restoration tokens will reset. So we will all have 3 restoration tokens available to use. Most of us use those tokens to restore our A rank minions when we fail to synthesize them. Can you please confirm that if we use our restoration tokens to continue trying to synthesize the 2 A rank minions until we meet the required "3 separate synthesizes," that they will still count? As in, there is NOT any weird exception to the "3 separate synthesizes" that we are not allowed to use restoration tokens to continue combining? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Same, I like the minion event too. I think it was more aimed towards the some of us who have tried combining and continued to fail. I know I held on to my minions after failing so I could retry in Jan. Do I wish they had an ulti event/ Ulti as a reward in an event? yeah it would be nice. But the minion event is a very well planned event + its semi-RNG with the minion you do get. Pick 2-3 minions you would be pretty happy with and you have a very good chance of getting them imo. 

2 hours ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

To everyone over me who shield for what they doing , you guys are part of the problem .....

If everything fine and perfect like you say explain to me why the game getting more empty and empty day after days ?!?!?

source.gif

Well the people as you said "shield" for what they are doing have 2 reasons. They know the guys from Ncwest have little say over what's given to us or lately "not given" to us more accurately. Kibbez etc can only do so much and it's sad. 2 They hope these band-aid fixes lead to bigger fixes. Problem with that is that Korea has shown this region is little more than an after thought for them now. We're basically their starving pet dog who hope to be fed some Pedigree dog food to stay healthy but instead just get one dry bone thrown to us every few months, if that much. Even I have stopped logging in everyday and running pvp instances and doing camps for renown. Only so many times I can take being killed and having some over geared narcissist yell "rubbish".

I will also try not to be negative all the time and just say thanks for the events. I will say though giving "good" rewards in events but then making the rng so low they might as well not be rewards still doesn't help anyone.

Archived