Weekly Server Maintenance - December 16, 2020

Arctic

2 hours ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

@Kibbelz

YOu got be joking , you guys sell minion A rank for 80 $ each and you ask us to fuse 4-6 of them to get a RAMDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM A RAMDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM box , why can you let us pick the one we want .........

I guess the people that have more money than sense are the target market of the promotion.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

@Kibbelz Question about the technicalities of the minion promotion

On January 1st, our restoration tokens will reset. So we will all have 3 restoration tokens available to use. Most of us use those tokens to restore our A rank minions when we fail to synthesize them. Can you please confirm that if we use our restoration tokens to continue trying to synthesize the 2 A rank minions until we meet the required "3 separate synthesizes," that they will still count? As in, there is NOT any weird exception to the "3 separate synthesizes" that we are not allowed to use restoration tokens to continue combining? Thanks in advance for your reply.

This should totally not matter where the minions are coming from whether they are purchased from BCM , leveled or restored 

2 hours ago, Zeyra-KT said:

@Kibbelz Thx!! Don't listen to those guys, the one QQing about ultimate transformation already has one

Uh, no one who was looking forward to an Ulti promotion event and is now expressing disappointment here has an Ulti. To the best of my knowledge, we are all rocking Legendaries. Side note is absurdly awkward to be in endgame groups and have people realize you're the only one still in a Legendary transform.😬

4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone - I just chatted w/ our game team on this. The focus for the holiday season has been around the minion promotion, which we hope you all can/do enjoy! That said, we hear your eagerness for another promotion involving ultimate transformations, so thank you for sharing/letting us know.

If you will permit me some transparency here, it is a bit sad to see words like infuriated/dissapointing... I know the team was hoping that there would be appreciation for the minion promotion which was organized according to player feedback. Still, with more than half the comments here requesting ulti-transform promotions, we hear where you're at.

We will absolutely plan another one.

I'll admit that this message initially tugged at my heartstrings- I don't want to make people sad, especially at Christmastime or when they've been working hard. But I also rather think that's the intention here. So I'm sorry to say that I am still just as disappointed and cross as ever. You and Loki have done so well by the community during your time here, but that almost makes it sting worse when the NC team is still unbelievably out of touch with the playerbase.

Example: Minion promotional events would be better served in the middle of the restoration season, because at the tail end (aka December and June) we can just hold out and make our combination attempts for no cost. It's when those restoration tokens have been consumed without success that people really need those promotional events to guarantee them results. I have several friends who have failed all their attempts with x4 combining and are just totally screwed. If this event had taken place in the August-October range, that could have been really good timing! Players would benefit from that so so much! Similarly, again in the March-May timeframe, give or take. But right now, so close to the token reset it feels more like, "Erm, thanks? I guess?" Yes there are players who will benefit from it now, but I want as many people as possible to be making progress, and that means timing events accordingly.

Last year's Snowball event is when a lot of us got our Legendaries, or filled out more collections, and a lucky few got their Ultis while combining. I'm not someone who can drop thousands of dollars on games, but I shelled out what I could on Brilliant Prisms from the BCM because it was worth it. This year, not so much. It's like when the Halloween events only gave Ancients- that was great when we were all running around in Greaters. I was farming TS so hard and praying for my first cast speed transform, and then marveling at how fast the Bloodfang was.  But that was then. This is now. Ancients don't cut it anymore. Ancient contracts were an extremely "meh" reward this year. The players have made progress, and event rewards need to follow suit.

know  you guys are trying. I am happy that the team at least wanted the holiday events to be generous and exciting. But there's still the same disconnect between NC and people who are actually playing the game you're putting out, and as long as that's the case you guys are going to keep getting sad and angry feedback like this.

4 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Honestly, I can tell you all put a lot of effort into these events. Three ongoing events at the same time (plus Daeva Dash) with a lot of types of rewards. People can call me a white knight or whatever, but I can see some effort here, and I appreciate it.

I am at the same level here, having a lot of events is good, those that I cannot do (like the open world spawns that we have to kill) I will skipthose as if they never existed as events.

Not to mention that the minion upgrade event is a good addition.

5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Honestly, I can tell you all put a lot of effort into these events. Three ongoing events at the same time (plus Daeva Dash) with a lot of types of rewards. People can call me a white knight or whatever, but I can see some effort here, and I appreciate it.

I agree, knew they are holding something back, minion promotion event is most welcomed! The rewards are not what ppl were hoping for, but it's like 3 events + promotion at same time. None of the event is crap, Daeva Dash reward were updated, they restored morphing stones, i can see a lot effort (more than we are use to) has been put into it. Most appreciated from me personally is the Winter scenery! Wish we could have some motion like painters have with a snowball!😊

4 hours ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

To everyone over me who shield for what they doing , you guys are part of the problem .....

If everything fine and perfect like you say explain to me why the game getting more empty and empty day after days ?!?!?

source.gif

I agree, there's a lot room for improvement no doubt. But with people posting hatefull posts rather than constructive suggestions, that's the real problem. If i'd be CM i'd just log off after 3rd post.

@Kibbelz
Thank you sir for your effort to help us improve the game experience. What people are asking about is mostly items in reward that are either not implemented in game at all or implemented in ways unreachable by 99% of the comunity. Who will pay for a game with 70% of content, that's a fact.

If you guys can, go through the lists people posting and even reviewing KR(Korean) event lists. We are not asking for free stuff, but for making theese things accesible (more accesible) thank you!

14 minutes ago, AnyDaTech said:

I agree, knew they are holding something back, minion promotion event is most welcomed! The rewards are not what ppl were hoping for, but it's like 3 events + promotion at same time. None of the event is crap, Daeva Dash reward were updated, they restored morphing stones, i can see a lot effort (more than we are use to) has been put into it. Most appreciated from me personally is the Winter scenery! Wish we could have some motion like painters have with a snowball!😊

I agree, there's a lot room for improvement no doubt. But with people posting hatefull posts rather than constructive suggestions, that's the real problem. If i'd be CM i'd just log off after 3rd post.

@Kibbelz
Thank you sir for your effort to help us improve the game experience. What people are asking about is mostly items in reward that are either not implemented in game at all or implemented in ways unreachable by 99% of the comunity. Who will pay for a game with 70% of content, that's a fact.

If you guys can, go through the lists people posting and even reviewing KR(Korean) event lists. We are not asking for free stuff, but for making theese things accesible (more accesible) thank you!

^This. Thank you Any for rephrasing it in a better way. Accessibility is all most players are asking for, not handouts. You would be surprised what players will grind their hearts out for if the proper quests/fragments/pieces/etc. are implemented to allow a guaranteed success/loot at the end of the farm.

@Kibbelz

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtAgw4a8nZSqn6jjiG21f

Question!

"To be eligible for rewards, players must meet one of two conditions:

Synthesize 4 Grade A Rank 4 minions in a single attempt, regardless of success.

Synthesize 2 Grade A Rank 4 minions in three separate attempts, regardless of success."

"Synthesize"  means Combine right?

👉 If I have minions A lvl 4 and combine 3 times if I get 2 minion A or any S 

👉If combine 4 minions A if I get minion A or S

✨In any of those cases I get [BCM] Grade S Minion Contract Salvage Box right? ✨

Or it's somehow liked to those contracts that will have in BCM for 6400 bcms?

I just want to be sure because if I misunderstand anything I don't have any token left I would lose all.😭

All of you who complain about the events we are to get here is some points i want to make

1) Free to play game definition : A game you DO NOT HAVE to pay monthly susbscirption to log in to. That does not mean Free to GEAR game or no effort or time investment game. Prestige pass is a choice you make to get a bit ahead in the game, rather than being like EU where u can not do a simple broker search without a gold pack.

You dont like this? Go try out BNS (free to play) or any other free to PLAY game out there, you wont find it any different. 

You dont want free to play? Go and pay monthly subs for other games that make their money from that and STILL have BCM SHOPS and prestige packs which boosts. 

2) RNG has ALWAYS been a big part of Aion when u start with enchanting, drop, rolls, re rolls on ur stats etc. This factor is a part of ANY game out there.  Going to a sub to play game or buy to play game will not delete the RNG factor

3) Aion is a business like any other game and as being free to play one, money has to come from somewhere to keep paying those developers and customer support and all the staff that keeps working on listening to your whiney asses and develop new events/content. These people do not work as a charity. Concidering the income that Aion NA has generated past year (simple google search) it is not as p2w as you might think. Their main income is from SURPRISE mobile games. As someone who has worked in customer support seing all these complains to this employee you all are dumping is making me think of that one customer who calls the line to complain why the product sucks and blames ME for that. Like ANY OTHER business this follows the same model where there is always someone above you making the decisions. What you can do is pass the feedback and make your plea and hope for the best. So stop dumping your shit on the people who are TRYING to make a difference and comply with your wishes. They do not make the decisions on WHICH events or promotions are on or on the rates. They do NOT decide which items will be listed in the events.

Event wise:

Are you fricking kidding me? When was he last time you saw 3 active events + a promotion going on? 

Solorius Shenanigans Event - Active event with decent rewards including skins, motion cards, enchants, runestones, gemstones, daevonian skills Monster Platinum Cubicle Bundle and  [Event] Solorius Festival Gift Bundle each hour they remain logged in during the event. FREE STUFF for just staying logged! On top of this why does NO ONE mention that we are also getting double of the important instances like AOA and AOG?!?!?! So now instead of getting 1 box per week from your main you can get 2 and possible 4 with reset?!?! And AOG you can get 50 shards without reset for the week ?!?! Now lets add The existing double XP/AP boost event will continue to run, and for the duration of the event, Prestige Pass users will also obtain double Prestige Coins.

Now lets add the WB which spawns not once a day not once a week but FOUR TIMES A DAY where you can get those Sanctity Potion, Ancient Refining Stone and Socket Stone Bundle

Lets move on to the snow balls event:

There is 6 freaking ways to obtain snowballs daily completely free without prestige, and for those who do have prestige only additional 6!!! 7 instances which drop snow balls and all 7 with increased entries for almost a month!!! Sorry to those of you who would rather sit in Ingison and get the rewards delivered than putting an effort and doing something. Now lets move on to the rewards Erashkigel gear, Ulti enchants, 100% enchants, daevonian essence, daevonian selection boxes, stigma enchants, manastones, LEGENDARY CONTRACT ( which you all will need for that so much needed ulti promotion) and all those you can buy for FAILING YOUR SNOWBALL. So you actually can get something even when you fail!!!

Now to the rewards which are luck based (And i dont wanna hear ppl saying that they have not EVER gotten a snowball to 10)  +12 stigmas, Waise dragon, Erashkigel gear, LEGENDARY CONTRACT, 100% stigma enchant, 100% manastocket, Ulti enchants, Daevonian essence, stigma enchants and more manastones. Now lets add the rewards AGAIN for failing your snowball. OF COURSE there will be some packs of snowballs on BCM, as i already mentioned this is a business. 

Daeva dash - Another event where you can get legendary contracts and glymphs for JUST ENTER AND BE AFK

All these legendary contracts also give you the oportunity to fill in those collections you might have missed, which is also a huge factor in stats

And last but not least the S grade promotion....... That is just amazing... I know a lot of ppl who have struggled to get S rank even when using all of their tokens, so the fact that we get the tokens reseted in January does not change your RNG. you might still need to use them but guess what the difference is now?!?!? Even when you use them at the end of all 3 YOU ARE GUARANTEED AN S GRADE MINION. And rerollable not 1 or 3 times but whole 10 times with a high probability to get the minion YOU want or need!!!!

Now lets not forget that you will need a total of 3 for new patch and that this is also a very useful thing for those of us who already have 1 S grade minion.

People complaining about 2 previous events (1 after another i might add) with low rewards and now you are given 3 events with decent rewards and you still complain because you did not get the promotion you wanted...

Guess what?! Ulti xform does not make you a better player and so if your gear lacks manastones, enchants , enchanted daevonians or you just dont have the skill you will stick suck just that this time you will suck in an ulti xform instead of a legendary one:D 

Stop acting like this one kid that wanted an Iphone 10 for Christmas but his parents got him an xbox, tablet and an Iphone 7 and yet he screams and yells the whole night that HE JUST WANTED AN IPHONE 10. 

And morhping enchnats is back which is another HUGE thank you as new pvp gear is not easy to enchant!

@Kibbelz Thank you for doing your best to try and satisfy peoples whims and whishes. I appriciate your effort and hope that the negative responses will not stop you from trying again and again to comply with this community. 

Happy Holidays and get your asses of Ingison and go farm for what you want instead of waiting for it to be dropped infornt of you!

I agree with Tweanie and I don't have an ultimate transform and I'm not QQ'ing about this and I know alot and I mean alot of people who tried to get the S rank minion and have failed time and time again and how hard it is for some to get one they can't give you everything all at once and I feel that an ultimate transform is so good bc yeah it is hard to get I think people should stop crying and just be happy they will get a S grade minion easily...as for some crying about the ultimate transform...you just came back what? 6 months ago? lol try playing straight since 5x having all original legendary transforms and still not crying bc you don't have ultimate you all sound so entitled crying about that sorry just wanted to say that...

10 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I am glad we are having snowbawlz event, I hope the berdin lucky stars are brokerable or tradeable, I needz to be able to buy as many of them.

other than that I do not expect them to have an ultipromotion anytime soon, they can't have on promotion every month or so, I assume they might be doing this once a year!

Do you buy them just to farm XP or there is another specific reason I don't know ? ^^

As for the event, I think that S-minion promotion event is awesome and well-timed anticipating the new update with Ss minion system.

Christmas event looks not bad, although I cannot give any appreciation yet because I didn't really got into details in patch notes and the only 3 things I hope for new/returning players - is that it gives 1) a way to get legendary xform and A minions 2) +12 stigmas 3) 1-kinah retuning. If all of these is possible, I would consider it a success.

BUT Yes, I am very disappointed there is no ultimate transformation event. I understand very much what Kibbelz said about negative feedback and personally me, I never went so far to insult community managers, because this is simply not a way to make a civilized discussion and I also appreciate what Kibbelz doing on forums to answer people's requests... BUT Playing end-game content, both pvp and pve, is VERY tough without ultimate transformation. Especially for my class, which is sorcerer. Giving both +50% atk and 50% cast speed, it outweighs by far any possible stat bonuses. Fast running speed helps avoiding skills especially for players with high ping. I would agree if it could be farmed, like Ariel/Azphel apostles or by any other straightforward way. The problem is there is NO straightforward way to farm this in game atm. And we are asking for a promotion event not because we are spoiled, but simply because we cannot farm it by any other means. People combine 4 minions with 70% success rate and still fail after 6 or more attempts, what will you say about 2.5% rate ?? With no way to farm fast many legendary transformation for combines, this content is locked from many old players too, not mentioning new/returning ones. This is one of major issues of game that needs and must be adressed. So, in my opinion, either we need getting promotion events every couple of months or farm legendary transformations must become easier, like getting 1 every 2 weeks instead of every 2 months so we can have something to combine at least.

Great events, congratz to the team, but don't you think items on BCM are too expensive? $80 for a A minion is very expensive since I with that money I can buy 2 GW2 expansions and have 6 moths of content to play + $20 in gold.... or I could by WoW Shadowlands and have a lot more fun.... or I could buy a lot of beer and have tons of fun.

Thank you, @Kibbelzfor all the efforts you and the team have made. I - surprisingly- appreciate how thing turned out.

This balanced combination type of events are welcome. (P2W, but also F2P friendly).

Sorry if sometimes I say some harsh things, but I just want the game to be better, and whatever I say is never directed to you and the others CMs.

Efforts are really appreciated.  I kinda makes me want to believe that it's a start, you know, for better stuff in the future. Don't give me hope.

I have some other things to say events wise, but for once I'll just stfu and say thank you.

3 hours ago, Wrathchild-KT said:

Great events, congratz to the team, but don't you think items on BCM are too expensive? $80 for a A minion is very expensive since I with that money I can buy 2 GW2 expansions and have 6 moths of content to play + $20 in gold.... or I could by WoW Shadowlands and have a lot more fun.... or I could buy a lot of beer and have tons of fun.

completely agree,add 20 dollars to that 80 and add ulti xforms in the bcm as selections and the valedia will buy it but players of aion please stop being stupid by giving ncsoft money for r n g and not guarantee...

13 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

I guess the people that have more money than sense are the target market of the promotion.

If you have at least 2 rank A minions (fully evolved or close enough that they will be by the middle of January), you can participate without spending any money. You just need to wait until January 1st. Then you can combine your 2 minions three times. Each time you fail, put in a ticket to support to request one of your restoration tokens be used to restore your 2 rank A minions. Restoration tokens reset on January 1st, so everyone will have 3 of them.

Start out with 2 rank A minions
Combine and fail (1 total combine)
Ticket to get 2 rank A minions back (1 token used total)
Combine and fail (2 total combines)
Ticket to get 2 rank A minions back (2 tokens used total)
Combine and fail (3 total combines)
Ticket to get 2 rank A minions back (3/all tokens used total) [if you want, or just save your last token for something else]
-- 3 total combines made, so even if you fail all 3, you will still get an S rank minion box at the end of the promotion

Someone correct me if my math is wrong!

12 hours ago, Ulti-DN said:

This should totally not matter where the minions are coming from whether they are purchased from BCM , leveled or restored 

I agree, but I would like confirmation as sometimes support can do some suspicious things.

11 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

Uh, no one who was looking forward to an Ulti promotion event and is now expressing disappointment here has an Ulti. To the best of my knowledge, we are all rocking Legendaries. Side note is absurdly awkward to be in endgame groups and have people realize you're the only one still in a Legendary transform.😬

I'll admit that this message initially tugged at my heartstrings- I don't want to make people sad, especially at Christmastime or when they've been working hard. But I also rather think that's the intention here. So I'm sorry to say that I am still just as disappointed and cross as ever. You and Loki have done so well by the community during your time here, but that almost makes it sting worse when the NC team is still unbelievably out of touch with the playerbase.

Example: Minion promotional events would be better served in the middle of the restoration season, because at the tail end (aka December and June) we can just hold out and make our combination attempts for no cost. It's when those restoration tokens have been consumed without success that people really need those promotional events to guarantee them results. I have several friends who have failed all their attempts with x4 combining and are just totally screwed. If this event had taken place in the August-October range, that could have been really good timing! Players would benefit from that so so much! Similarly, again in the March-May timeframe, give or take. But right now, so close to the token reset it feels more like, "Erm, thanks? I guess?" Yes there are players who will benefit from it now, but I want as many people as possible to be making progress, and that means timing events accordingly.

Last year's Snowball event is when a lot of us got our Legendaries, or filled out more collections, and a lucky few got their Ultis while combining. I'm not someone who can drop thousands of dollars on games, but I shelled out what I could on Brilliant Prisms from the BCM because it was worth it. This year, not so much. It's like when the Halloween events only gave Ancients- that was great when we were all running around in Greaters. I was farming TS so hard and praying for my first cast speed transform, and then marveling at how fast the Bloodfang was.  But that was then. This is now. Ancients don't cut it anymore. Ancient contracts were an extremely "meh" reward this year. The players have made progress, and event rewards need to follow suit.

know  you guys are trying. I am happy that the team at least wanted the holiday events to be generous and exciting. But there's still the same disconnect between NC and people who are actually playing the game you're putting out, and as long as that's the case you guys are going to keep getting sad and angry feedback like this.

Hi:

I really wasn't aiming to make anybody upset when I made that comment. It was just to cut the sour a bit and sweeten the end of the year.

As soon as I saw that Kibbelz's sadness Sywo's video played in my mind. My advice is that if you guys are bored and have the time, take it to watch the video, if someone knows about complain is Sywo, and him closing the year like that, unless for me is a wake up call.

To be clear, when is time to complain, I'm one of the first.  I do think that there are lots of issues yet to take care. For me, the most important is to care about the returning and new players. But this was a hard year for everyone. And we have like 4 events going on. I don't like every single one of them, but we have claimed and we saw some attempt of change, and not everyone will be happy with what they did.

Personally, I already have 1 ranks S minion and no ulti transformations, so that event would be better for me.  I can't afford to donate, so I'm farming my a** off to get there. With many many fails on the rode, I'm still here. Like a month ago Kibbelz warned us about this event, so I tried to combine my extra rank As and failed, so I carefully use my tokens, fail , fail and the last minions I got restored I saved exactly for this. But more importantly I warned my friends and LFG (if someone ever reads me) about this.

I think that what we can do, is keep giving "respectful" feedback, and ask them to consider to repeat this event in about 2 or 3 months, earlier if they are feeling it, for the players that weren't so prepared.

Happy and healthy hollidays for you'all,
🧉Zeyra 🧉

Gameplay Updates/Bug Fixes

Enchantment Stone morphing recipes will be re-added after erroneously being removed in the Unshackled Fate update.

One of the two, I'm either very very noob and I didn't think that or something is very wrong here.

I don't understand how the team in this game acts, I really don't. Two weeks after a major update (7.7), they "ERRONEOUSLY" removed one of the most important functions in the game, the creation of enchantment stones. As if neglect was not enough, after informing that the correction was made, the problem was not fully corrected.

ATTENTION STAFF, WHERE ARE THE DESIGNS FOR CRAFTING: legendary Kibrium, legendary Guide Stone, Ultimate Kibrium, Ultimate Guiding stone ?????

This is very disheartening. That's why many players are abandoning this game. As if the various existing bugs were not enough, repetitive failures like this still occur.

As a player who contributed financially to the game (buying monthly Prestige Pass and other BCM items) I write this post in the hope of an effective response to the resolution of the matter

@Kibbelz It says in the event announcement that "All players will receive an [Event] Solorius Festival Gift Bundle each hour they remain logged in during the event." I have been logged in now for 3 hours and have not received a single solorius gift bundle.

It also states "Each night starting at 11:00 PM server time and lasting for 1 hour, all Small and Big Game monsters in Inggison and Gelkmaros will gain a chance at bonus drops."  There is a chance of getting +9 stigma bundles and ultimate manastone bundles. 11PM server time is 12AM eastern time. You expect east-coasters to stay up until 1AM farming small and large game???? 😒

Archived