Winter Event Appreciation

Megazero-KT

Hey I just wanted to start a thread full of positivity. Everyone, please list all the things you like about the events. Refrain from stating the things you didn't like, no matter how constructive and respective you put it. Lets focus on what has been done right :)

I will start. I really enjoy having so much to do in the game. The rewards are amazing and the events and promotions mesh very well with each other. The collection of everything is so much better than the sum of the things that make it up. These events would not be as good given separately. You guys did a really good job with this. These events are new/returning player friendly as well as good for veteran players.

Daeva Dash

• I love the new rewards in daeva dash as I was already satisfied with the old rewards.
  • This is a fun event period. It is a very nice change of pace from usual Aion play.

Snowball Event

• Easy to participate in. Get snowballs and clickity click.
  • Win if you win, win if you don't. Good items from success, currency from fail.

Solorious Shenanigans

• An event that rewards indefinitely from farming mobs. I love these!
  • Very easy to farm currency for rewards.
  • It is like two events in one: melon farming and joyful box farming. Each have separate and good rewards.

Grade S Minion Promotion

• OMG THANK YOU!!!
  • I can finally get an S-rank :D 

Double Instance Entry

• I think this is part of snowball, but I list separate. It works really good with snowball event. It allows people to farm a lot of snowballs.
  • Also helps people farm other things from instances such as gear, kinah, exp, and daevanion marks.

Double EXP & AP

• Very useful for farming exp with all the grinding we will doing for the next few weeks

There is so much more that I can't even properly organize my thoughts to fully express how much I like everything going on right now. It is just a really great time to play Aion.

@Kibbelz @Hime @Loki Thank you all so much :) 

Love a positive thread. :)

Daeva Dash

• Love that the Keyboard/Mouse Ranger transformations are a reward as I am working on an MR set, and I really want the Keyboard Ranger for that MR collection!
  • Love that glyphs are account warehouse tradeable, so it makes it worth running this event on alts in order to get more glyphs.
  • Like that the race was shortened a bit. (Still a taaaad bit too long, but better than before.)

Snowball Event

• Love the ease of the event and the alt-friendliness.
  • Like that some of the snowballs are brokerable in case people need kinah.

Solorious Shenanigans

• LOOOOOVE that the meloons drop from all mobs now. Thank you for this change!
  • Love how much loot is on the world boss that spawns 4 times each day. Makes it league friendly, so people aren't pitted against each other within the faction.
  • Love those candies that turn you into gingerbreads, etc. They are so cute and festive!
  • Great rewards if you are dedicated enough to farm.
  • Just an overall festive, cute event.

Grade S Minion Promotion

• So, so important for many people. A+++
  • Assuming we can use our restoration tokens, this should enable many, many people to get an S rank minion.
  • Helps us get prepared for the SS rank minions in which we need at least 2 S rank minions.
  • Very fair requirements in order to become eligible.
  • Overall, just very well done (again, assuming we can use restoration tokens, which @Kibbelzneeds to confirm).

Double Instance Entry

• Always valuable for people still working on gear.
  • Even for those done with their gear, still valuable for item collections, alts, and/or kinah.

I don't have the time right now to be as comprehensive as the people above me but I do appreciate the events. It is nice to pretty much always have something to do that is going to progress my character. I'm a returning player so these events are catching me up rather quickly. 

Good ones:

• Daeva dash is good, I kinda find it a little bit too time consuming to do all 12 chars in my main account for daeva dash because at best it would take me 2 hours just to finish those once I get in, even worse it takes more due to the queuing to get an entry. I really wish I could get me 12x glyphs.
  • Snowballs are good as usual, at least the +10 one is still brokerable like it was last year
  • The AP (and XP) passives are good to have
  • AFK bundles for every hour you are online are a good addition that doesn't require any effort nor are they THAt important to force us to be online just for them. Just a nice addition to have.

These are good for the most amount of people but not for me:

• Double entries in pve instance: I won't do any pve anymore since I am not active so double entries are irrelevant to me.
  • Open world grinding is defo not my cup of coffee since it also needs time and I have little.

The below one is awful:

• Bot-friendly event where only one person with fast clicking abilities/script can buy a world boss weapon every day!

57 minutes ago, Ulti-DN said:

Not trying to be negative in this positive thread but it looks like 3 people appreciate the events . Very successful 

Most of the people don't bother to write something they enjoy but they do rush to write something that bugs them. So it is reasonable the forums are full of posts about negative things than positive.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Most of the people don't bother to write something they enjoy but they do rush to write something that bugs them. So it is reasonable the forums are full of posts about negative things than positive.

Sarcasm....look it up 

1 hour ago, Ulti-DN said:

Sarcasm....look it up 

Sarcasm comes from the Hellenic (Greek) word "σαρκασμός" which comes from the root word "σαρξ" -> σάρκα which means "flesh, meat etc"

Σαρκασμός means to make fun of, use irony or joke about something, sometimes by using the actual occurrence to imply the opposite which is what you did here.

I happen to be Hellene (Greek) myself so I do not need to look up anything, you should try it yourself.

Your comment was sarcastic in basic level, you meant that nobody finds it useful because only 3 people came to appreciate it implying that the rest of the people who didn't come to write anything automatically don't like the events, and I simply let you know that vast majority of people enjoy these events but they feel no urge to come and write about it in the forums.

And what you did her is a basic level of "reductio ad absurdum", implying that for someone to like the event they must say so, otherwise we will regard de facto that they don't, which is the exact opposite, unless people complain about it we take for granted they actually enjoy the event.

Εις άτοπον απαγωγή - reductio ad absurdum (= proof by contradiction / process-of-elimination)

9 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Sarcasm comes from the Hellenic (Greek) word "σαρκασμός" which comes from the root word "σαρξ" -> σάρκα which means "flesh, meat etc"

Σαρκασμός means to make fun of, use irony or joke about something, sometimes by using the actual occurrence to imply the opposite which is what you did here.

I happen to be Hellene (Greek) myself so I do not need to look up anything, you should try it yourself.

Your comment was sarcastic in basic level, you meant that nobody finds it useful because only 3 people came to appreciate it implying that the rest of the people who didn't come to write anything automatically don't like the events, and I simply let you know that vast majority of people enjoy these events but they feel no urge to come and write about it in the forums.

And what you did her is a basic level of "reductio ad absurdum", implying that for someone to like the event they must say so, otherwise we will regard de facto that they don't, which is the exact opposite, unless people complain about it we take for granted they actually enjoy the event.

Εις άτοπον απαγωγή - reductio ad absurdum (= proof by contradiction / process-of-elimination)

Ok Mr or Mrs Wikipedia, I know that most of the people don't bother to come on the forums and have something to say to every thread that was EVER posted here like you however when NC does right by players people DO come on forums to say thanks and show appreciation and you should know that. My point was about the people that ALREADY WERE on the forums since the thread had around 200 views(I know 200 views doesn't mean 200 players) at the time I posted and ONLY 3 or 4 people showing appreciation. Got it? Now....do you have any other definitions for me?

4 hours ago, Ulti-DN said:

Ok Mr or Mrs Wikipedia, I know that most of the people don't bother to come on the forums and have something to say to every thread that was EVER posted here like you however when NC does right by players people DO come on forums to say thanks and show appreciation and you should know that. My point was about the people that ALREADY WERE on the forums since the thread had around 200 views(I know 200 views doesn't mean 200 players) at the time I posted and ONLY 3 or 4 people showing appreciation. Got it? Now....do you have any other definitions for me?

What about those threads that complain about the morphing recipes that still lack the old material morphs? They have hundreds of views, and hardly any replies or likes. Does it mean the people who saw that are ok about the lack of new mats to old mats morphing recipes?

I already gave you the answer, most people only come here to read and never reply or bother to interact with the threads.

I am not Mr Wikipedia, I am Greek and it is all Greek to me, literally. I know this because these words make sense to me as it is my mother language and they are self explanatory.

Usually I'm Miss gloom & doom 

But I really have to say that I've been enjoying all the events this year especially Daeva dash (as usual per me) and ther snowball event plus all the others.

And I must say I'm enjoying posting in such a positive thread! So my thanks to the OP!!

Archived