Forums

Another day of NC rewarding third party program users

Esgalhathi

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone.

It's debatable whether I "should" reply here, but in the interest of transparency we'll just do it

First: THANK YOU for pointing all this out. I see a few common threads of import here including bot issues, and the need to develop an event-structure that is resistant to emergent problems/flaws/exploits. There seems to be some debate as the "primary" issue atm, but in either case I think both are valid here.

I say replying might not be "the best" choice atm because I'm not sure there's much we can do on this instance. In many cases we see hotfixes to resolve issues, but after convening with the Game Team it seems this is not something we can adjust at the moment.

Not the best news, but I wanted you to know you're heard and that we're going to try to look at this instance and see what we can improve from it. Sorry to not have better news in this particular case. Still wishing you all a nice holiday season.

Thank you

@Kibbelz how come that EU/Gameforge already received a fix to make the event npcs spawn in a random location:

https://forum.aion.gameforge.com/forum/thread/7899-maintenance-16-12-2020/

Happy shugo Day: The Shugo NPC Meririnerk, who spawns between 21:00-21:30 each day at Gelkmaros Fortress and Inggison Illusion Fortress,will now spawn at random locations throughout the fortresses instead of having a fixed location.

You guys only need to request that fix so at least legit players get a chance to get to the npcs before the ice cream lovers. Don't worry about testing, you guys couldn't even test the fix for the enchant stone morph missing the required materials, may as well just roll out this fix as is.

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

I'm not sure there's much we can do on this instance.

Uhm... check the logs, ban ppl that are using commands that are faster then their client is sending? Ban the botters/3rd party software users... Seems simple to me.  

2 hours ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

Incorrect.

First 2 days people were at least able to put the items in their purchase and hit buy. Last 3 nights, item was gone instantly. 3rd party Scripting/macros.

Last three days were me, clicking very quickly. Sorry you didn't get a chance.

2 hours ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

Any way you can prevent the same person from getting the items tonight and for the remainder of the event? over and over and over again...

I'll stop when I get my weapon to noble, so just wait a few days (hopefully.)

1 hour ago, Pylon-KT said:

IMO the easiest way to solve this is to set the personal limit to ONCE PER EVENT so other people can have chance.

@Kibbelz How does it sound?

But how am I going to get my weapon to noble? It'll just fail again and I'll just still have the same lesser crap I've had for months! Change the upgrade rate!

40 minutes ago, Hinotori-DN said:

@Kibbelz how come that EU/Gameforge already received a fix to make the event npcs spawn in a random location:

You guys only need to request that fix so at least legit players get a chance to get to the npcs before the ice cream lovers. Don't worry about testing, you guys couldn't even test the fix for the enchant stone morph missing the required materials, may as well just roll out this fix as is.

I am a legit player, I don't have any scripts or tools. Are you kidding me?

9 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

Uhm... check the logs, ban ppl that are using commands that are faster then their client is sending? Ban the botters/3rd party software users... Seems simple to me.  

I have 100% no problem with banning bots and hackers. Except, at least DN Asmos, it hasn't been one. It's been MechEagle, Flen and me.  So keep trying to get the weapon -- just gotta be faster than me and my ping. I'm not usually one to post on the forums, but when everyone's crying bots and hackers and I'm the one getting the weapon on this side, you're pretty much insinuating that I do. That's insulting and untrue. Don't worry though, you'll have a better chance when I finish upgrading mine. Heck, I might take a couple days off during this week.... farming this many meloons is starting to hurt my hand and shoulder >.<

It's finally something I can do as a legit player to get something I've wanted for months, and because there's only one everyone screams and cries that they don't have a chance to -- everyone has the same chance, if you're fast enough. Would you rather me get it or these "ice cream" users as you say?

How about Asmos just camp world bosses and fight for it like we used to and then everyone can roll against 20-40 other people for a "chance" at it, or no wait it'll go to some random alt that got invited then you'd cry about that too.

46 minutes ago, Gregg-DN said:

Last three days were me, clicking very quickly. Sorry you didn't get a chance.

I'll stop when I get my weapon to noble, so just wait a few days (hopefully.)

How about you just stop acting like a smug and greedy child? 4 imbued is enough for one person.

People aren't crying, you just seem to think you are someone special and above others and feels empowered by making sure other people don't get the weapon.

And yes, last night was especially suspicious. It is impossible for the weapon to be gone the instant the shugo spawns. So, you have no reason to feel insulted because you have gone above and beyond to insult everyone else trying to get the weapon by taking it every single night.

Maybe one day people will grow up and learn how to share. Most likely not, unfortunately.

Well, like I said, I need to get Noble or it's not worth using, then all my efforts and farming would be useless. There is plenty of time after I'm done for others to get theirs, assuming it ever upgrades, and I know I won't get it every night, that's a fact. I've been very fortunate to have gotten it, and I don't take that for granted at all. It's considerably disappointing to have it fail upgrading every night too.

I wouldn't even have said a damn thing about it, if it wasn't everyone just yelling and screaming scripts/bots/hacker -- and only DN Asmos seem to be making most of the comments. There are 8 other shugos to get stuff too, how are those going for people?

Don't worry, I've played the same Templar for years. The longest I've quit for was 3 months, and the weapon will most certainly be put to good use.

I'm sorry you're insulted because you didn't get it, I can't change that. We all want it, we all can go for it, we all farm the THOUSANDS of meloons to get it. I do have a very low ping that serves me well, but fear not, you'll have your chance soon enough (and every night you want to try), just like I do. Good luck tonight and every night.

20 minutes ago, Velajuel-DN said:

May i remember you that DN-ASMO isnt the only server in the game and you arent the only player in the entire game, Gregg?

Congrats for your weapons and all your greedy, but this problem is happening with EVERY SERVER, not just your belly button

Yet not many of them are complaining here.

I think my journey in aion has ended. It was supposed to be just a 4-year plan, but I ended up staying here longer and it became 7 year straight. I also played during beta and the first time aion came to NA. Anway, it has been fun and all. Good luck to everyone.

5 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone.

It's debatable whether I "should" reply here, but in the interest of transparency we'll just do it

First: THANK YOU for pointing all this out. I see a few common threads of import here including bot issues, and the need to develop an event-structure that is resistant to emergent problems/flaws/exploits. There seems to be some debate as the "primary" issue atm, but in either case I think both are valid here.

I say replying might not be "the best" choice atm because I'm not sure there's much we can do on this instance. In many cases we see hotfixes to resolve issues, but after convening with the Game Team it seems this is not something we can adjust at the moment.

Not the best news, but I wanted you to know you're heard and that we're going to try to look at this instance and see what we can improve from it. Sorry to not have better news in this particular case. Still wishing you all a nice holiday season.

Thank you

What a useless answer, lol.

Just so you're aware, to players this reads as:

"Yeah we're just gonna let the hackers get every single item every day. Sorry. We will keep rewarding them for hacking." 

I can't wait for the event to be over and someone has 30+ legendaries to combine because the same person used a hack to be the first one to buy the item. It's literally instantaneous. I have 20 ping to the server and the item is sold out before I can even open the window even with an in-game macro doing so. 

How about these options for a hotfix: 

- Raise the buy limit by a LOT 

- Limit each vendor to once per account per week

I really would like to make use out of the 2800 mobs I farmed to get 2800 meloons but per usual ncsoft would rather just let hackers be hackers and screw everyone else. 

You might as well have said literally nothing lol 

If anything at least pause the event instead of rewarding people for cheating? 

This community is amazing with their pitch forks.

You ask Kibbelz to reply to you, and then when he does, because you're not satisfied with the answer he gave you, you start bashing him.

Most toxic community ever.

No wonder mods learn over time to never reply to you guys.

You guys should know better by now, most of the stuff doesn't get done around here. I don't understand why you thought it'd be any different now.

Hi everyone.

Thank you

@Kibbelz how about disable the event until you have a solution... meanwhile investigate the ones that did get something, specially those who did more than 1 day in a rode... not so hard?

Hi everyone.

Thank you

Can I ask you why is debatable whether you should reply or not on forums? Aren't you a CM that is supposed to answer questions , problems, concerns and anything in between? Even if the answer or  reply is not what people want to hear is still better than ignoring the issue. 

@Kibbelz Thanks for replying and giving us an update on this issue. It is unfortunate to hear there isn't any immediate plans of adjusting/rectifying this situation. I'm sure most of the Game Team are spending time with loved ones, as they should. 

Before the events conclude in January, I hope there is still a slight chance that a fix be made to these limited supply Shugo NPCs. As others have already mentioned, changing the availability of these sought after items to weekly or account bound sound reasonable to me. I cannot speak for the entire player base here, but personally I will be more content knowing that I can farm at my leisure and be rewarded based on my effort, as opposed to frantically beating up my mouse/keyboard trying to get my desired item. I'd go further and suggest stationing the NPCs as a permanent 24/7 spawn so it's more considerable for players with a bigger time zone difference. If there isn't enough time to implement any changes, that's understandable as well. However, I really do hope these lessons are well recorded to lessen the chance of oversights in future events.

I want to end on a happy note and express my gratitude for all the improvements recently. The Halloween event was a great success and having 3 Xmas events running concurrently is a nice bonus to wrap up the year. Great job to the Game team pulling everything together. Again, thank you Kibbelz for communicating these issues to the team. Despite some 'emotional' remarks aimed at you, you're doing a fantastic job and I hope you stick with us. Here's wishing you and the NCWest team happy Holidays! 

17 hours ago, Hinotori-DN said:

Are you seriously comparing EU with NA. In EU they give tons of better rewards including red transformation contracts, you can't expect the same for NA.

52 minutes ago, Hosie-KT said:

Are you seriously comparing EU with NA. In EU they give tons of better rewards including red transformation contracts, you can't expect the same for NA.

Who said anything about rewards? I'm talking about a bug fix, that was provided by the korean dev team to EU, for the same event we're having, a fix that was available before we even got this event rolled out in NA.

17 hours ago, Gregg-DN said:

I just gotta be faster than me and my ping.

That's one of my biggest beefs with this event. My ping use to be alright before they swapped to AWS but now it's rubbish, as many MANY other players have experienced as well, heck I even know a good handful of players that just stopped playing after they moved servers cause their ping went to hell.  Grats on getting your weapons, but I rather it be RNG based then what it is now. Right now it's literally making players in the same faction fight and argue with each other and that's wrong. We should be able to say, "Congrats @Gregg-DN" for getting your weapon, instead people are angry because of a very flawed mechanic in this event. 

I really REALLY don't get wtf is wrong with NCwest and the Dev team... the Dev team literally told us over the summer they didn't want to promote solo game play and wanted to make the game fun for the whole community, yet they released events after that that inspire players to be solo players and fight among one another. 

I know @Loki and the rest of the staff is at their wits ends and claim to be trying to make the "best game experience for all players" but stuff like this really makes us wonder what they consider "the best game experience for all players" is, cause clearly this event is not it. 

I understand why they originally didn't have the imbued weapons as a choice when the event was first announced now, and I kind of feel sorry that we as the community bullied them into putting them into the game because it created a whole new issue that we didn't see coming. 

3 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

That's one of my biggest beefs with this event. My ping use to be alright before they swapped to AWS but now it's rubbish, as many MANY other players have experienced as well, heck I even know a good handful of players that just stopped playing after they moved servers cause their ping went to hell.  Grats on getting your weapons, but I rather it be RNG based then what it is now. Right now it's literally making players in the same faction fight and argue with each other and that's wrong. We should be able to say, "Congrats @Gregg-DN" for getting your weapon, instead people are angry because of a very flawed mechanic in this event. 

I really REALLY don't get wtf is wrong with NCwest and the Dev team... the Dev team literally told us over the summer they didn't want to promote solo game play and wanted to make the game fun for the whole community, yet they released events after that that inspire players to be solo players and fight among one another. 

I know @Loki and the rest of the staff is at their wits ends and claim to be trying to make the "best game experience for all players" but stuff like this really makes us wonder what they consider "the best game experience for all players" is, cause clearly this event is not it. 

I understand why they originally didn't have the imbued weapons as a choice when the event was first announced now, and I kind of feel sorry that we as the community bullied them into putting them into the game because it created a whole new issue that we didn't see coming. 

It's because this event wasn't designed to give one person 10 weapons/contracts. In Aion Korea they have something called community conscience, something we severely lack here.

Archived