Jump to content
Forums

Wall of Shame for Animation Hackers


Recommended Posts

Hello. I'm a developer of MyAion project and I would like to clarify some things.

First at all, you shouldn't post screenshots, because it can be easily edited in any graphical software. You should use it  only for your own checking.

Animation Speed ranking was removed because of two reasons:
1. At first the reporting service got disabled, because it required too much time to maintain this feature. Every new patch, even mini one can change something in animations. Don't forget that Aion client is not perfect and it has its own bugs. We have added workarounds for all the animation bugs we found, but it doesn't guarantee that another update won't bring new bugs. When reporting service was enabled, I was manually checking all new reports to be sure that there are no false positives. It held back developments of other app features. Keep in mind that it's a non profit, hobbyist project and I do it in my free time in between work, life and sleep. Animation speed checking feature took 3 months of development and solid tests.  If we were maintaining a reporting service still, it wouldn't be possible to deliver other nice features which were added after version 0.2.1.25. And no, it wasn't disabled because of fake reports. There was only one fake report, shortly after releasing the first app version with animation speed check feature. It was detected a few minutes later and removed. New security steps were added and there weren't any more fake reports.
2. I wanted the project to be kept tolerated by the EU publisher - Gameforge. They weren't really happy about animation speed ranking, because it collides with their rule of no naming and shaming. Removing animation speed ranking allowed the project to be linked on official EU discord so more people could hear about it and use it.

Is MyAion DPS Meter accurate in terms of animation speed checking? I would say it is right now, but keep in mind that exclamation mark hints at potential animation speed users. Each case needs to be analysed by checking details in the skills rotation tab. You have all needed information there. If you still have some doubts, you can contact me directly and send me a session file. I will be able to check if the session wasn't faked by memory manipulation and if there are no false positives caused by new updates.

I know you have only my word here. That's why I would recommend using two separate sources of animation speed checking: MyAion DPS Meter and aiDPSMeter. Both apps were created independently. What's more I have sent source code to Gameforge and I can offer the same to NA publisher - NCsoft West if they are interested. Keep in mind that screenshots or session files can't be used as valid proof to support. They can't be sure that the detection method is 100% accurate. It can be only used as help to analyse each case, but they would need to implement their own detection method on the server side if they don't have it yet.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Edited by Livo-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your intervention and also your offer. I wish NC was actually taking that on board and start doing something about it. 

In regards to the screenshots, as  I mentioned , we do store and share session files in our discord. Unfortunately,  this can not be done in the forums.

More to the point, this post is to make community aware so they monitor this players. Whether NC would like to do something with them that is up to them but as far as I am aware they have no mean of performing any check or at least they are not bothered enough to do any check. Reason I am saying that is because the same people have been hacking form more than 5years consistently. I refuse to believe that noone ever reported them and NC performed investigations without any findings.

 

The ideal outcome from this post would be someone from NC to get in touch with you and use what you are offering to develop some protection mechanism.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Following up the previous comment.

Sessions stored at https://1drv.ms/u/s!AttBpyed4KUma3_2lJA3djZcFjQ?e=cBE7SG this is an one drive link. But I am sharing this for transparency reasons I am considering alternative ways to keep this even outside of the forums. Eg discord based list and evidence collection in case more people from both servers want to participate in this initiative. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlueMemory-KT said:

you said you and your legion decided to do it. But im just wondering when you gonna post screenshots with people from your legion? half of your legions are hackers and please don't pretend... 

I post what I have. Please feel free to add any evidence from ppl you may have seen hacking I don't care if they are from my legion or not. I am glad that I haven't got anyone from my legion cause that would be awkward. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Livo-KT said:

Hello. I'm a developer of MyAion project and I would like to clarify some things.

First at all, you shouldn't post screenshots, because it can be easily edited in any graphical software. You should use it  only for your own checking.

Animation Speed ranking was removed because of two reasons:
1. At first the reporting service got disabled, because it required too much time to maintain this feature. Every new patch, even mini one can change something in animations. Don't forget that Aion client is not perfect and it has its own bugs. We have added workarounds for all the animation bugs we found, but it doesn't guarantee that another update won't bring new bugs. When reporting service was enabled, I was manually checking all new reports to be sure that there are no false positives. It held back developments of other app features. Keep in mind that it's a non profit, hobbyist project and I do it in my free time in between work, life and sleep. Animation speed checking feature took 3 months of development and solid tests.  If we were maintaining a reporting service still, it wouldn't be possible to deliver other nice features which were added after version 0.2.1.25. And no, it wasn't disabled because of fake reports. There was only one fake report, shortly after releasing the first app version with animation speed check feature. It was detected a few minutes later and removed. New security steps were added and there weren't any more fake reports.
2. I wanted the project to be kept tolerated by the EU publisher - Gameforge. They weren't really happy about animation speed ranking, because it collides with their rule of no naming and shaming. Removing animation speed ranking allowed the project to be linked on official EU discord so more people could hear about it and use it.

Is MyAion DPS Meter accurate in terms of animation speed checking? I would say it is right now, but keep in mind that exclamation mark hints at potential animation speed users. Each case needs to be analysed by checking details in the skills rotation tab. You have all needed information there. If you still have some doubts, you can contact me directly and send me a session file. I will be able to check if the session wasn't faked by memory manipulation and if there are no false positives caused by new updates.

I know you have only my word here. That's why I would recommend using two separate sources of animation speed checking: MyAion DPS Meter and aiDPSMeter. Both apps were created independently. What's more I have sent source code to Gameforge and I can offer the same to NA publisher - NCsoft West if they are interested. Keep in mind that screenshots or session files can't be used as valid proof to support. They can't be sure that the detection method is 100% accurate. It can be only used as help to analyse each case, but they would need to implement their own detection method on the server side if they don't have it yet.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

@Loki I want to make sure you read this...  Maybe this is something you can pass along to the main Dev team for Aion and see if they'd be interested in somehow making this in-game available. Just think of it, Aion could be (one of?) the first MMOs to have an ingame DPS meter! How cool would that be? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

@Loki I want to make sure you read this...  Maybe this is something you can pass along to the main Dev team for Aion and see if they'd be interested in somehow making this in-game available. Just think of it, Aion could be (one of?) the first MMOs to have an ingame DPS meter! How cool would that be? 

I am all for this idea! This would be great! Then when someone gets flagged for being faster than server speed it would send it to support! 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

@Loki I want to make sure you read this...  Maybe this is something you can pass along to the main Dev team for Aion and see if they'd be interested in somehow making this in-game available. Just think of it, Aion could be (one of?) the first MMOs to have an ingame DPS meter! How cool would that be? 

4 hours ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

I am all for this idea! This would be great! Then when someone gets flagged for being faster than server speed it would send it to support! 😁

If a 3rd party program that runs on your client can see the animation hacks, the rest assured the server already pre-knows all that stuff because it is the server that sends the packages for the program to sniff and it is the server that calculates the speeds, the timers etc.

If they ever wanted to fix the animation hacking they could have done it two ways.

  • They could either make sure animation hacking is not possible, like casting speed hacking isn't possible because the server decides about it unlike attack speed. But this would require a game re-design (which they can because they are those who made the game aka have the actual game code)
  • They could allow it to exist so they won't have to re-design the core of the game but make sure the server watches for this (like the dps meter does) and serve soft bans to those that use it.

It would even make people that use it secretly inside pve instances unable to use it as well.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...