RIP West Coast players...

Bengel-DN

The new Christmas weapon skin was supposed to be available to anyone who stayed logged in for 2 hours on 12/25.

I assumed this meant for 12/25 starting from the daily server reset at 9am server time until the next daily reset at 9am like every other daily login reward.

When I logged in to the game slightly past 10pm PST (Still 12/25 on Christmas for me) the item was not in the daily login rewards. Unfortunately when I submitted a ticket this specific item was only available until 12/25 11:59pm Server Time and I was not eligible to receive the item. It just feels very unfair that I spent Christmas with my family and got punished for being in a different time zone... especially thinking that since it was a daily login reward it would be operating on the same as all the others.

I wish it had specified it was a special instance that would be different from the other dailies. Now I will never have the new skin unless they rerelease it next Christmas. Although it might be the same as Snowy Solorius weapons, and never reintroduced again after being available once 2 years ago.

Well I am in Europe so at some point I saw that it was counting and made sure I would get the reward on 4 chars so I can trade the weapon.

There is always a confusion between server time, daily reset, gold sand trader reset and BCM reset.

They need to get their timers tuned together.

Just so you are aware, you can get this exact skin by killing the raid boss that spawns in Gelkmaros (in the Netherworld) and Inggison (in Calmheart Grove), every day at 12pm, 2pm, 8pm and 12am server time during the event period. Should be relatively easy to get now considering how long the event has been running.

On 12/26/2020 at 8:22 AM, Bengel-DN said:

It just feels very unfair that I spent Christmas with my family and got punished for being in a different time zone.

Not saying this sarcastically, but you made the right choice. I didn't log into Aion for a week, and honestly, it felt good to get away. I get your complaint (and I sympathize as I also did not log in at all that day), but spending time with your family is more important than a skin.

Archived