Set Boundless

Beverly-DN

Boundless comes from the Sky Island "instance" -- something that takes multiple steps (and more than one person) to trigger in the open world. Furthermore, once it's triggered, it takes several more steps to complete successfully and have a chance at a piece of Boundless gear.

In other words, it's very, very hard to get Boundless  gear yourself. Most people who have it, myself included, have bought it on the broker.

52 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Boundless proviene de la "instancia" de Sky Island, algo que requiere múltiples pasos para desencadenarse en el mundo abierto. Además, una vez que se activa, se necesita varios pasos para completar con éxito y tener la oportunidad de una pieza de equipo sin límites.

En otras palabras, es muy, muy difícil obtener el equipo de Boundless. La mayoría de las personas que lo tienen, incluido tú mismo, lo han comprado en el corredor.

From what I'm seeing, all the content of pvp pushes you to put real money to buy at the auction, it's almost impossible to get it without putting money or it takes you many months with a lot of daily effort, hours and hours..... This is a game, not a job, I don't understand why it's been so complicated up to that point. If they make pvp content a little easier, I'm sure they would gain more population, many people wouldn't think so much before playing aion instead of other games. There is no way to get a base pvp team for which we are new, it is ridiculous xD

Thank you very much for replying, I appreciate it :)

2 hours ago, Adrienne-DN said:

From what I'm seeing, all the content of pvp pushes you to put real money to buy at the auction, it's almost impossible to get it without putting money or it takes you many months with a lot of daily effort, hours and hours..... This is a game, not a job, I don't understand why it's been so complicated up to that point. If they make pvp content a little easier, I'm sure they would gain more population, many people wouldn't think so much before playing aion instead of other games. There is no way to get a base pvp team for which we are new, it is ridiculous xD

Thank you very much for replying, I appreciate it :)

It has to do with how the game is played in Korea. Most people play the game in PC Bangs, which charge you for the time spend. Because of this, the main incentive of NCSOFT -when making new content- is wasting your time. That's why Sanctum and Pandemonium are designed horribly.

4 hours ago, Adrienne-DN said:

From what I'm seeing, all the content of pvp pushes you to put real money to buy at the auction, it's almost impossible to get it without putting money or it takes you many months with a lot of daily effort, hours and hours.....

Did not know you could spend kinah on broker to trigger Sky Island... Or to make Arena queue times pop... Or force Spinel Medals and AP drop infinitely from a mob you kill once.

12 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

No sabía que podrías gastar kinah en broker para disparar Sky Island ... O hacer que los tiempos de espera de la Arena aparezcan ... O forzar que las Medallas de Spinel y AP caigan infinitamente de una multitud que matas una vez.

Sick content, what I said ¬¬
I don't have millions and millions of kinah out of nowhere to spend on auctioning for a single piece of xD equipment for that would have to put real money in it.
Face pvp without any pvp equipment? LOL....... that's dying over and over again and not earning any ap for not having the pvp set. I don't look for the best set of the game to start, I want a Basic PVP SET to defend myself, I don't want to spend months and months for a basic set that I will have to change in the future... everything goes in the same direction.

You dont have to spend kinah, you could farm it yourself. Boundless, despite being the oldest PvP set around for Archdaevas, it is not meant to be a starter set at all. If you only want to spend one day of grinding for a starter PvP set, look for mythic AC or any lower level PvP set. Then, depending on what you do you can get the level 70 Abyss set fairly quickly. It is not top tier either, but it is something. Once that is done, you can aim for the top tier gear, like level 75 Abyss one.

Just keep in mind you are not supposed to get gear immediately. The game is partly about the grind as well.

32 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

You dont have to spend kinah, you could farm it yourself. Boundless, despite being the oldest PvP set around for Archdaevas, it is not meant to be a starter set at all. If you only want to spend one day of grinding for a starter PvP set, look for mythic AC or any lower level PvP set. Then, depending on what you do you can get the level 70 Abyss set fairly quickly. It is not top tier either, but it is something. Once that is done, you can aim for the top tier gear, like level 75 Abyss one.

Just keep in mind you are not supposed to get gear immediately. The game is partly about the grind as well.

I'll check out the rest of the teams to see what I can do, because I'm stressed out with the pvp sets.

Thank you for responding :)

Aion is not newbie friendly unless you literally drop a few grands, that's why this game is dying in all regions, except for maybe EU, ncsoft stop releasing good and decent content and every new patch there's new gear to catch up, on top of that, every gear can literally be bought with real life money, I suggest to find yourself another game even tho there's not much greater options to choose

3 hours ago, Rhakan-KT said:

Aion is not newbie friendly unless you literally drop a few grands, that's why this game is dying in all regions, except for maybe EU, ncsoft stop releasing good and decent content and every new patch there's new gear to catch up, on top of that, every gear can literally be bought with real life money, I suggest to find yourself another game even tho there's not much greater options to choose

I understand what you're saying :( 
I come from other games that ended up boring me, but Aion I like it quite a lot, although I've ended up seeing what you're saying and it's not nice. The ncsoft team should be a little more friendly with the new players to get basic sets and other things, so you will win many more people to keep the game alive for a long time.

Your starter PvP set would probably be a mythic bloodmedal. It's easy to farm now with the camps in the UA. It isn't arch-daeva, but on the plus side.. it doesn't break when you enchant it, making it very new person friendly. 

You can make kinah pretty quickly if you run instances (Theo, Adma, AOE, COE-two bosses) and disenchant your drops. Selling those chronos stones that you get from disenchanting will make it so you can start buying those things you want on the broker. No need to spend a dime of real money unless you want to.

Just keep in mind.. nothing happens quickly. 

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Your starter PvP set would probably be a mythic bloodmedal. It's easy to farm now with the camps in the UA. It isn't arch-daeva, but on the plus side.. it doesn't break when you enchant it, making it very new person friendly. 

You can make kinah pretty quickly if you run instances (Theo, Adma, AOE, COE-two bosses) and disenchant your drops. Selling those chronos stones that you get from disenchanting will make it so you can start buying those things you want on the broker. No need to spend a dime of real money unless you want to.

Just keep in mind.. nothing happens quickly. 

Been looking at that set and I think it's a good option, although it asks for a lot of medals, I don't know how long it will take to have it complete, possibly a lot of time, but I think it will be my only option.

Thank you  :)

7 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

While you're doing that, make sure you're, at the very least, AFK'ing the Arena of Chaos and Arena of Discipline for valor insignias, which can help you get decent PvP wings and stuff. You get 5 entries to both per week.

Okay, I'm aware of that, I didn't know. I'm trying to catch up on everything.

Thank you very much :)

On 10/21/2017 at 10:25 AM, Qahlel-KT said:

That's why Sanctum and Pandemonium are designed horribly.

Why do you say that Sanctum and Pandemonium are designed horribly?  Maybe there's something you're talking about that isn't the "capital cities" but as far as the layout of Sanctum goes, its designed fairly well imo.

Also Adrienne I hate to be the bearer of bad news but EVERY MMO takes time to get gear at max level unless its something that isn't bound the the player when they get it.  I know I might get shot for bringing this up but back in vanilla WoW you had 8 classes all with different tier sets and a boss would drop literally a piece of gear for the different classes for specific slots and took FOREVER to get your tier set completed.  Then you throw in the fact that there was a chance at shaman gear dropping for Alliance raids and paladin gear dropping for Horde raids making possible gear that dropped be 100% useless for your raid since those two classes couldn't be made by those factions.  It wasn't like how Aion has cloth, leather, chain, and plate that anyone from multiple classes could use.  WoW has actually went back to the model of gearing through raids again but now there's 11 classes all with specific gear for them.  But I bring that up because it was to point out that the whole premise of an MMO-RPG is to force the player to invest a lot of time in to gear up then they release more gear/content and it forces you to do the same thing all over again.  The longer you play, the more money they can make from you (even on a F2P game).

Boundless of Hope set is really good for defensive builds, isn't a starter set nor is supposed to be easy to get neither.

if you are new you have a few options to start gearing up for pvp,  you can farm Mythic BM, Eternal Abyss gear rank1, or Arena gear. You also can buy Arena and Boudless of Oath gear from broker, beeing Oath the best of the four i mentioned but worse than boundless of hope.  No need to have all the pieces from the same set, you can have a mix of them tho... but here in aion ppl care more for looking good... (cover yourself up :ph34r: with a cute skin, block your details and be cute! )
You can check this post for further advices  

and here you have this really usefull sites to analize what gear you can use check stats etc.
http://aion.mouseclic.com/tool/gearcalc  (a bit outdated but rlly nice)
https://aiondb.ru/tools/equipment/priest/  (up to date but i don't like it that much)

9 hours ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

Why do you say that Sanctum and Pandemonium are designed horribly?  Maybe there's something you're talking about that isn't the "capital cities" but as far as the layout of Sanctum goes, its designed fairly well imo.

Also Adrienne I hate to be the bearer of bad news but EVERY MMO takes time to get gear at max level unless its something that isn't bound the the player when they get it.  I know I might get shot for bringing this up but back in vanilla WoW you had 8 classes all with different tier sets and a boss would drop literally a piece of gear for the different classes for specific slots and took FOREVER to get your tier set completed.  Then you throw in the fact that there was a chance at shaman gear dropping for Alliance raids and paladin gear dropping for Horde raids making possible gear that dropped be 100% useless for your raid since those two classes couldn't be made by those factions.  It wasn't like how Aion has cloth, leather, chain, and plate that anyone from multiple classes could use.  WoW has actually went back to the model of gearing through raids again but now there's 11 classes all with specific gear for them.  But I bring that up because it was to point out that the whole premise of an MMO-RPG is to force the player to invest a lot of time in to gear up then they release more gear/content and it forces you to do the same thing all over again.  The longer you play, the more money they can make from you (even on a F2P game).

It's not always like that, I've been playing for a while in the Tera Enmasse and Rider of Icarus, and in both of them it's a bit difficult to go for the teams you're interested in, but NOT MONTHS and less for an initial basic set, which here also costs months and is difficult to get unless you buy it in the auction, some for many millions. Something to add is that there are TOO many SETS here and even the simplest ones cost a lot of medals or many points of abys. It would be nice if we newbies could do some quest after reaching 65 to get ourselves some mythical pvp set to be able to make quest 65-75 without dying over and over again, at least escape and we'll update it when we can. But that has already been said and it is not possible, perhaps in the future.

After looking at all the sets in the auction and also look at details to players I think the best sets right now are Prime for pvp and Harvester for pve, the sets that I will never have ajjajaja and after all this is a game so I will try to have fun :)

DevilNest-KT Thank you very much for the links, they will be very useful to me to look at sets and statistics ^^

17 minutes ago, Adrienne-DN said:

I edit my previous comment, it doesn't leave me.... Here is better explained

Plezurenpain-DN It's not always like that, I've been playing for a while in the Tera Enmasse and Rider of Icarus, and in both of them it takes a little while to get the best set of the moment, but the second best team is easy and it doesn't usually cost so much to have.  

In Aion you have a hard time getting even a mythical old-fashioned set, many medals, a lot ap ap or many millions in the auction. That should only be so for the best set, not for everyone. The second, third and other better set should be facilitated as they do in other games. You just have a hard time getting the last, the best.

It would be good if we beginners could do some searching after reaching the age of 65 to get a mythical pvp set to be able to do 65-75 without dying over and over again, at least escape and update it when we can. But that has already been said and it is not possible, perhaps in the future.

After looking at all the sets in the auction and also look at details to the players I think the best sets right now are Prime for pvp and Harvester for pve, the sets I'll never have jive and after all this is a game so I'll try to have fun :)

DevilNest-KT Thank you very much for the links, they will be very useful to me to look at sets and statistics ^^

But it doesn't take months to get the new PvP gear, even without a credit card. You steadily work toward it just by playing the game using the suggestions people have provided you. Yes, you're gonna die, and it sucks, but Aion has always been that way, but it's easier now than ever to gear up.

Cheesecake right now is running around in a single piece of level 70AP armor, with the rest being the conditionable labyrinth gear (PVE). She goes squish vs other players, but she's still playable and almost even enjoyable.

Openworld questing isn't the best way to level. You can do most PvE instances with mythic ancient coin, upgraded labyrinth, and conditionable Apollons gear, that you get from two relatively simple instances. You can make money off of disenchanting the gear that drops, or off of the supplements that drop.

Harvesters (was) rare prior to the event. Even the elite didn't have a lot of it. You really don't neeeeeeed it, especially at your current gameplay state.

3 hours ago, Adrienne-DN said:

After looking at all the sets in the auction and also look at details to the players I think the best sets right now are Prime for pvp and Harvester for pve, the sets I'll never have jive and after all this is a game so I'll try to have fun :)

I said the same thing when I started playing: "Oh, I'll NEVER have enough AP and spinel medals to get that 75AP gear. It'll never happen." Yet it HAS been happening. Levels 66-69 kind of suck. We'd all agree with you on that. You don't have enough kinah, and you don't feel like you can do many things yet. UA sieges are hard because you don't have the HP to survive. You also don't have the HP to survive some of the group instances, like Drakenseer's Lair, Fallen Poeta, etc. You stand no chance in Arena of Chaos/Discipline. We get it. It sucks. BUT, once you hit level 70, things DO start to improve.

@Cheesecake-DN's recommendation to afk Arena of Chaos/Discipline is, in my opinion, the best advice for starter pvp gear. I was able to get half Arena pieces and half blood medal pieces as my starter pvp set. Did I stand a chance in open world PVP? No. BUT, I was able to successfully participate in UA sieges -- which, in turn, granted me AP and spinel medals to start buying GOOD PVP gear.

As you said, this is a game, and you should try to have fun. After all, if it's not fun, what is the point? :)

You'll take months of afk Arena to gear up LOL, imo is not worth for a starter gear, and by the time you finish, I'm pretty sure 5.8 will be here with new AP pvp gear, which also will take months to get it, and that's just the tip of the iceberg, you also need tempered accessories which they break left and right and you can't do anything about it since there's no 100% chance of success, people are breaking accessories trying +1/+2/+3.

Sure, you can enjoy the game with weak pvp gear, if you don't mind being easily bursted and grey is your favorite colour.

I know games with slow gear progression, but Aion is pretty much non-existent for f2p players pvp wise, unless you have godlike RNG.

Almost sure the people commenting here don't pvp as much, or do something 20v2 in open world and think that's actual pvp, when clearly isn't.

Don't bother farming pve gear, ncsoft will just handle the gear away in money grab events.

7 hours ago, Rhakan-KT said:

You'll take months of afk Arena to gear up LOL, imo is not worth for a starter gear, and by the time you finish, I'm pretty sure 5.8 will be here with new AP pvp gear, which also will take months to get it, and that's just the tip of the iceberg, you also need tempered accessories which they break left and right and you can't do anything about it since there's no 100% chance of success, people are breaking accessories trying +1/+2/+3.

Sure, you can enjoy the game with weak pvp gear, if you don't mind being easily bursted and grey is your favorite colour.

I know games with slow gear progression, but Aion is pretty much non-existent for f2p players pvp wise, unless you have godlike RNG.

Almost sure the people commenting here don't pvp as much, or do something 20v2 in open world and think that's actual pvp, when clearly isn't.

Don't bother farming pve gear, ncsoft will just handle the gear away in money grab events.

It's just what I've been thinking about the game, too constipated for my taste, TOO MUCH, I've also played several games and you get things slowly BUT not as much as here, including outdated teams.

Thank you so much for telling me so clearly, that's what I needed :);)

Archived