Set Boundless

Beverly-DN

You can afk alts in arena as well to speed the process up, if that's the set you want.

Bloodmedals aren't too hard to come by with the abyss weekly quests. Not to mention that those quests give huge amounts of xp to speed your leveling. So this set isn't too hard to get either.

Come to think of it, if you siege nightly, it isn't too hard to get medals to get the level 70 abyss gear. Just join the Coalition. Everyone gets the same reward so it doesn't matter if you aren't the most geared. Just follow and do your best.

Run your daily luna (get an S or an A rank) and you get a chance at omega enchantment stones. Run AoE or two boss CoE (both super easy and can be done in starter gear) for the supps. Omega+supps=abyss gear enchanted w/out breaking. Plus.. disenchant everything you get from these two and sell the chrono stones for loads of kinah.

All of the above done without spending a dime.

Since 5.3 I farmed 3 abyss armor sets myself, wings, 2 weapons and a couple of accessories, enchanted and socketed all of them without spending a single drop of cash.
Ofc I have a lot of free time lately and an army of alts (still, my friends call me "afk queen", so you can say I'm not around that much). I don't run all instances every week (I barely run half of them tbh), I'm a lazy nyerk, but I try not to miss events as they are my main source of kinah. My RNG is not the greatest, but I have patience and I don't aim to have god tier +20 gear. I have enough to do decent pvp and pve, and a lot of skins as a bonus. I finally got to lvl 75 few weeks ago (after missing some exp events btw), so you can see, it is possible to level up and gear up in a reasonable time without p2w.
Remember Aion is a korean game, koreans LOVE a good grinding fest and 5.x is meant to be a grinding fest, so don't expect to have endgame gear in a few days.
But also don't you think you'll never get shit if you don't spend cash cuz thats not true. Ofc you'll get everything faster with cash, but you can still get what you need without it, you just have to work a bit more for it .

On 10/23/2017 at 3:54 AM, Plezurenpain-DN said:

Why do you say that Sanctum and Pandemonium are designed horribly?  Maybe there's something you're talking about that isn't the "capital cities" but as far as the layout of Sanctum goes, its designed fairly well imo.

No. There are too many open spaces for no apparent reason and NPCs that you need to talk with one after the other are placed in opposite sides of map. On top of this, you get dismounted for getting inside a "building" which really doesn't make sense for me.

No-Mount areas are present because people can block certain important NPCs with them, like the Shugos in the trading areas (which back then used to upgrade inventory rows) or Broker NPCs. I think this is present in any broker areas in the game, right?

I understand Sanctum being all over the place and all that, but I do not see how Pandaemonium is badly designed. Its easy to move around, for instance, especially since a few updates ago when they placed a teleport statue right in front of the Temple of Gold.

Agreed. I started out as an Elyos and, though Sanctum was pretty, it was horrible to move around in. That stupid elevator and the "slow boat to hell" being two of the worst parts. Close third is how far the broker is from the crafting halls.

Pandae was a pleasant surprise, really. Compact with everything you really need in a central area.

17 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Sanctum was designed first by the devs and is a hot mess. Witnessed by the books in Pandae's library talking about how poorly designed Sanctum is. The devs poking fun at their own poor building.

I missed that. Nice reference.

5 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

No-Mount areas are present because people can block certain important NPCs with them, like the Shugos in the trading areas (which back then used to upgrade inventory rows) or Broker NPCs. I think this is present in any broker areas in the game, right?

I understand Sanctum being all over the place and all that, but I do not see how Pandaemonium is badly designed. Its easy to move around, for instance, especially since a few updates ago when they placed a teleport statue right in front of the Temple of Gold.

Well, they shouldn't be blockable in the first place. Why not make those mobs "Giant"? Panda > Sanctum btw. But both still bad.

2 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Agreed. I started out as an Elyos and, though Sanctum was pretty, it was horrible to move around in. That stupid elevator and the "slow boat to hell" being two of the worst parts. Close third is how far the broker is from the crafting halls.

Pandae was a pleasant surprise, really. Compact with everything you really need in a central area.

Sanctum was designed to waste time. I hoped that after Sanctum Defence, Kaisniel would have taken time to redesign it for better defence :-)

That elevator, oh my. I remember how when I was playing from my netbook (with the worst possible specs, of course), it was incredibly difficult to get to the Protector's Hall because, if I I was not getting the instant-death glitch when I got to the top, I was lagging behind and died falling when I tried getting out of it.

On 10/26/2017 at 11:25 AM, Aly-DN said:

Close third is how far the broker is from the crafting halls.

See I've been leveling up severals alts all at the same time & their professions at the same time in Sanctum.  I don't see any problems with the locations of the brokers compared to the crafting area since there's literally a teleporter outside of both areas you can use (or fast travel to one or other & back again)

4 hours ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

See I've been leveling up severals alts all at the same time & their professions at the same time in Sanctum.  I don't see any problems with the locations of the brokers compared to the crafting area since there's literally a teleporter outside of both areas you can use (or fast travel to one or other & back again)

When the cities were designed, the teleporters didn't exist. Run it once and tell me how well planned Sanctum is.

Ohhh, when you run it, take off your run speed shoes + use no run speed scroll, and remove any flight time boosting wings. These things were rare af and more priceless than jewels.

Do this a few times while crafting to simulate needing to buy more strong hide, so you could try to proc the leather speed boots and make a couple million kinah. : x

#NyerkSanctum

Archived