Servers merging

BlueMemory-KT

2 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

KT crashes enough by itself without having more strain on it from a merge.

DN would crash too if it had the amount of players+bots, so even if they put all KT players to DN then DN will be crashing too and even less days than KT because we will have a combination of the players.

6 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Well, they turned off Luna for a week and said its the cause for all of our crashes. So lets see.

But yes, I am too for a server merge. I want my chanter on KT!

But until we find the reason of the bug a merge won't serve us anything else other than more hustle. You are lucky to be on DN, in KT we get whole days of unplayability due to the bug, people have lost sieges in altars because they couldn't port to the shared maps, many of us lost the daily runs of a few instances and when the restart occurred we didn't earn double entries, as we couldn't do the ones before the bug, while DN people have been cashing solid 2x entries per week because of the bug.

Lets see how this is going.

IMO we only have 1 merge left to be done. After that the only option is to just close the game. 

Unfortunatelly merging the servers do not work. People will leave the game faster. Currently the main issue is the heavy need to farm pve instances and events. With more people,  events like what we had the last month,  could be even harder for most players. Also with the amount of bots we will have issues like the current one with contaminated. The  game needs to be fixed. 

The main reasson used in the past to make a merge was the lack of casual PvP. this is not true. People just dont like PvP. There are people doing PvE and there are people ganking the first group. PvP is totally dead. 

Also the current situation is not the best one to keep people playing. So just wait a little. Lets hope something will be better in the future. But please dont ask again for merges without checking what happened in the past with that. 

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But until we find the reason of the bug a merge won't serve us anything else other than more hustle. You are lucky to be on DN, in KT we get whole days of unplayability due to the bug, people have lost sieges in altars because they couldn't port to the shared maps, many of us lost the daily runs of a few instances and when the restart occurred we didn't earn double entries, as we couldn't do the ones before the bug, while DN people have been cashing solid 2x entries per week because of the bug.

Lets see how this is going.

Well let everyone suffer, they get the resets let them get the bugs. OR merge everyone in KT onto DN and get rid of the KT server and hope that fixes it.

1 hour ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

The main reasson used in the past to make a merge was the lack of casual PvP. this is not true. People just dont like PvP. 

A lot of us used to love the pvp in Aion, but we do not anymore because it's not the same. Everyone hits way too hard; the pvp is literally just whoever can get the jump first, then their opponent is dead in 5-10 seconds. It's not fun. My boyfriend and I used to open world pvp and instance pvp every day. Now we only pve in Aion. We log off Aion fairly early in the evening to pvp in a different game. Sadly, there is no remedy for the state that pvp is in because everyone has too much of everything. Advanced this, advanced that, gemstones, runestones, blah blah blah. Again, everyone just hits way too hard. If you aren't being destroyed, then you are destroying someone else. Neither scenario is any fun.

7 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

A lot of us used to love the pvp in Aion, but we do not anymore because it's not the same. Everyone hits way too hard; the pvp is literally just whoever can get the jump first, then their opponent is dead in 5-10 seconds. It's not fun. My boyfriend and I used to open world pvp and instance pvp every day. Now we only pve in Aion. We log off Aion fairly early in the evening to pvp in a different game. Sadly, there is no remedy for the state that pvp is in because everyone has too much of everything. Advanced this, advanced that, gemstones, runestones, blah blah blah. Again, everyone just hits way too hard. If you aren't being destroyed, then you are destroying someone else. Neither scenario is any fun.

^ this.  Aion went from the best pvp game i ever played to the most rubbish i ever seen in my life in a matter of 2-3 patch. they completely destroyed it with the 6.0 Refly dmg formulas theres litteraly 0 balance , its nothing but a broken mess.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Yes, I noticed the same thing.  The balance is gone, I mean it was never great, but 7.7 is the worst the PvP balance has ever been. The offensive skills totally dwarf defense.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Most people cannot pvp because of the items. I used to look down upon p2w people because most would still lose unless they knew how to pvp.

BUT in 7.x pay to win people got the power they were paying for, this is the most p2w patch there ever was, the most OP and exclusive items in limited time sales or events so they finally became impossible to pvp against from f2p gamers.

The only thing that can save the game from this is either hand everyone some way the niche items that make the p2w people immortal or somehow re-invent the game again and render all the 6~7 patches useless.

1 minute ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

Just merge, all the areas that matter for pvp are cross server anyway.

I don't want a merge, I have had it with merge.

I was on Nezekan, forced to merge, ended up on Siel, then, BR, then EK, then KT.

Got so annoyed at the congestion  on KT, I deleted all my toons except just the one on DN.

I can't attend fort sieges on DN because I get disconnected within seconds when I get close to the zerg.

The game engine can't handle a large number of characters close together.

2 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

I don't want a merge, I have had it with merge.

I was on Nezekan, forced to merge, ended up on Siel, then, BR, then EK, then KT.

Got so annoyed at the congestion  on KT, I deleted all my toons except just the one on DN.

I can't attend fort sieges on DN because I get disconnected within seconds when I get close to the zerg.

The game engine can't handle a large number of characters close together.

A server merge won't have a massive impact on the game engine itself. DN is a fairly small server, smaller than KT that is. Not to mention KT's server faces a lot of bugs and kinks which don't get worked out. Personally, I can't do siege because once the alliance of elyos gets close and kill that door my game freezes until the boss dies. Aion is dying quicker then ever before, and a server merge makes it slightly better.

I know on DN there's not a lot of small legions, but on KT-E (no offense to the legions) but there's no small legions. Theres no legions to create the sense of a family or to just have fun with. You either join the Clarity, One, Luminace, or Omega. Unless your a Spanish speaker then there's United, but outside of those select four there's not really that many public legions for just fun. I know OnlyFans is new, but I don't know how public they are to inviting people. None of the legions are perfect, none of them give a sense of home or a family. Its really just a name under your name to progress through the game. As for DN, I haven't played on there in a while so I don't know how legions have changed over the last year. But anyways, my point is that the game is so focused on these specific legions and these specific areas but there's not many options. The servers aren't populated enough to run a successful legion that's meant to be for just fun and a family-type legion, and attract those players to keep playing. Trust me, Ive always loved those legions and I haven't found a single one. There was a few earlier in 2020, but those legions have disbanded and no longer are even really legions. 

1 hour ago, Vasilios-KT said:

A server merge won't have a massive impact on the game engine itself. ..

Yes it does, it's horrible, I have experienced it many times.

I use to do Lakram and Divine fort sieges all the time on EK, as soon as we merged with KT I could do them no more without disconnection.

4 hours ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

Just merge, all the areas that matter for pvp are cross server anyway.

it si a bad idea. That could have negatives consecuences in PvE and farming. And that will make a lot of people leave. So at the end you still wont have the required density. 

As some Vantheria said before, the main issue in PvP now is the brutal difference in damage and defense depending on your gear and enchanments. Some years ago skills, tactics were much more important. 

All those changes made people leave PvP content. Try to enter dredgion or travel to PvP zones and those are deserted. The only way for some people is to gank other players farming or doing PvE (cause they are not geared to resist them). And, IMO that is not PvP. 

But if you kill the only thing working (PvE and farming), you will lose the remaining players. Check the forums from past days and see how many players complained about the quantity of small and big game mobs. Few players and some of them with bots took them all. Imagine that in just one server. Half of quantity the mobs means half of players farming them. And wasn´t the first time. 

Also remember that some players have to log sometimes just to keep the houses. And sometimes they decide to play for a while. With a merge everyone lose their homes and there is 1 less reasson to stay. Names. Legion names. Ranks. People who decided to be in a different server than other people. People who have account in both server s, and sometimes with different factions. 

There are a lot of important complications that are way more significative than the complication to find people farming to gank. 

Merging with KT, wont fix the problem.It'll just take DN server down with it. Honestly for personal reasons I dont want  it to happen (yet). Also Devs refuse to the fix the real problem that been talked about recently if you want  me to be specific ,look at Mellon event as example.

For the players base now in current servers, merging isnt good idea since everyone already fighting with their  faction for items,mobs etc...

5 hours ago, Hallo-DN said:

Also Devs refuse to the fix the real problem that been talked about recently if you want  me to be specific ,look at Mellon event as example.

Because they know that half the people still playing this game use "ice cream" and banning them all will just make the game shut down even quicker. I know people like to say, "Oh they just want to shut Aion down!" but they don't because it does still generate money for the company. Yes, it is the lowest money-maker, but as long as it is still making them money, they will keep it up. Banning half the playerbase will cut a lot of their money.

4 hours ago, Hallo-DN said:

Merging with KT, wont fix the problem.It'll just take DN server down with it. Honestly for personal reasons I dont want  it to happen (yet). Also Devs refuse to the fix the real problem that been talked about recently if you want  me to be specific ,look at Mellon event as example.

For the players base now in current servers, merging isnt good idea since everyone already fighting with their  faction for items,mobs etc...

The problem is the game is dying, the servers themselves are small and DN is even smaller then KT. On DN it seems like it takes an eternity just to form a single group for a simple instances like IDD or PF. Everything is integrated anyways, the only thing thats separate is Inggison and instances. Some people already do end game instances cross server, and work with DN already. Sieges may be laggier, but that means theres more people. Even with a merger nothing will change, World Bosses will still be targeted by the same legions. All a merger does is allow a player to have more people around them, more players to run groups with, to do things with.

A merger doesnt have a negative impact on the servers, maybe some more lag but not when it comes to pve, or even pvp. If anything it helps it.

2 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

"..."

A merger doesnt have a negative impact on the servers, maybe some more lag but not when it comes to pve, or even pvp. If anything it helps it.

Except this is not true. 

We had a merge some years ago. People on that time had the same idea. If you mix few players from here and few players from there, then you have many players in just one place. But reallity is that does not work. After some time a lot of people left and then you have few players in just one place. There are a lot of things you lose every time you do a merge. Houses, Names, Legion names, Ranks, etc... and not less important, sometimes you need to face again people who you dont want to see and you decided to move to avoid them. 

Why? well. The first reasson to do this is open world PvP. But that is not real PvP. cause is not something both sides want to do. In that kind of game. You have one player wanting to kill others with PvP gear. And the other one just want to collect 2316542315875 mats or items to complete something. Usually the last one does not have PvP gear. So the first one is having a great time and the second one is not being able to play. If you repeat this for some time, the second one will just leave the game. Is not funny for him. Without him, his friends will lose somebody to run some instances. They will leave too. Finally, without those players managing the groups, the game becomes boring for the first one. Also he cant find people to annoy so he leaves too. 

Rifting and open world PvP in areas with so much PvE are a bad idea. If you want to PvP, go to dredgion or something for PvP. 

Also the first one likes houses, framing, doing events, etc. A merge will do things harder for him. 

If you can see that a merge is like 100 players + 100 players = 100 players (after a couple of days), then you will have no reasson to ask for one

2 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Except this is not true. 

We had a merge some years ago. People on that time had the same idea. If you mix few players from here and few players from there, then you have many players in just one place. But reallity is that does not work. After some time a lot of people left and then you have few players in just one place. There are a lot of things you lose every time you do a merge. Houses, Names, Legion names, Ranks, etc... and not less important, sometimes you need to face again people who you dont want to see and you decided to move to avoid them. 

Why? well. The first reasson to do this is open world PvP. But that is not real PvP. cause is not something both sides want to do. In that kind of game. You have one player wanting to kill others with PvP gear. And the other one just want to collect 2316542315875 mats or items to complete something. Usually the last one does not have PvP gear. So the first one is having a great time and the second one is not being able to play. If you repeat this for some time, the second one will just leave the game. Is not funny for him. Without him, his friends will lose somebody to run some instances. They will leave too. Finally, without those players managing the groups, the game becomes boring for the first one. Also he cant find people to annoy so he leaves too. 

Rifting and open world PvP in areas with so much PvE are a bad idea. If you want to PvP, go to dredgion or something for PvP. 

Also the first one likes houses, framing, doing events, etc. A merge will do things harder for him. 

If you can see that a merge is like 100 players + 100 players = 100 players (after a couple of days), then you will have no reasson to ask for one

I understand your point of view, but I do have a couple of things I would like to say.

First of all, we havent had a merge for a little bit. And its geting to the point where the servers are having less and less players as the week goes by.  So right now its like, 50 players here, 200 there. Combine the two and maybe after a month or so it drops to 225.. but those 25 players that stayed have an additional 200 to play with. Not everyone is going to leave, some people will but you have to remember that its from both KT and DN. And about the names and everything, a name reset doesnt hurt.

Players just get back their old name, or new names, same with legions. As for the houses ive been saying for 1-2 years now that the entire housing system needs to be reset just like GP. Not on a monthly basis, but just like one reset. The players that have had the palaces have had them for forever now, and theyre the richest of rich. Everyone should get like an exclusive item for holding a house, mansion, estate, or palace and then reset the entire system and make housing competitive again. I know several people who only come on once a month to pay their house dues and then they're off again. The system should have been reset when 7.0 came and it reset our kinah. 

The pvp system is broken overall, if you dont have gear you die. If you do have gear, you also die. Just slower. And as for pve, its not a farming mats type of thing anymore, its a instance grindy thing. You get with those friends and you play the instances and farm the pve gear. 

And I know what its like to leave a server. I left Danaria shortly ago just because I didnt have a place on that server, i didnt have anyone to run with. Theres people on DN I dont like, or dont want to see but if a server merge has to happen its something we live with. In open world pvp, sieges, altars, even this tia eye event, they always pop up and its something of life. We cant always run from those who we dont like to be around, but we dont have to force ourselves to be around them 

Aion is dying rapidly, when it comes to merging the servers its not a matter of why, but just when. 

When NCwest merges servers, it's not to improve the player experience, we already know people leave the game after merges, it's to cut costs.

Why do you think businesses merge? To cut costs, not to improve the customer experience.

5 minutes ago, BlueMemory-KT said:

why ppl still crying about KT crashes? it is the best thing that happening in this game. without eхtra resets of all instances its boring 

also u can buy more stuff from renown. 

It is good when it lasts max 1 hour, when we lose half a day of unplayability then it is no longer fun for KT people.

Archived