Losing agro on mobs - future request

Arhangelos

I adore "Area of Effect" skills and I remember in other games AoE groups were great fun, especially in L2 (before they nerfed the amount of mobs you could hit with one spell), we would make LAN parties and do AoE for hours, because the game was grindy and it was the most effective way to get money and drops

We would make a group with healers, a tank to gather mobs and aoe chars, the mobs would never lose agro, you could practically train them in the whole map as long as you kept it in attack mode against you.

But in Aion mobs don't even move at all practically, their max distance from the spot that they were hit was like 40 meters or something, they lose agro pretty fast and reset with the hint "xxx mob stopped the pursuit".

I also know for fact that we won't even be efficient enough because our aoe only hit a specific amount of mobs, pretty few actually, but still most of our aoe skills are wasted in less than half the targets they can attack because of how sparse the mobs are and how little they are wiling to move before resetting.

A future change in the game mechanics would be amazing, it would also be good to have a way to increase the amount of mobs we hit (probably tat the cost of dmg per mob), imagine an Archdaeva system where you enchant your skills and you put attributes, like less mp usage, more dmg or more targets affected.

I know this suggestion is a wild dream, but it would literally make the game fun to see people gathering to train 50 mobs and then the AoE them.

The nostalgia :')

You loose aggro fast, and get a reset when you only hit a mob once and try to pull it.

You need to keep hitting it. That's why DoT skills like sandblaster on an SM exist.

On my Cleric I use DoT skills to pull mobs together, then AoE them all with WoD.

You can pull a mob halfway across a map if you know what you are doing.

5 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

You loose aggro fast, and get a reset when you only hit a mob once and try to pull it.

You need to keep hitting it. That's why DoT skills like sandblaster on an SM exist.

On my Cleric I use DoT skills to pull mobs together, then AoE them all with WoD.

You can pull a mob halfway across a map if you know what you are doing.

I have dots as well and I they reset exactly the same distance, nothing changes.

With my suggestion we should be able to gather a ton of mobs from big distances without resetting at all.

Archived