S-minion promotion event box

Arhangelos

What a failure, half the times UI was given an option for kromede and it is useless for me, not a single time did I get a viola that I wanted, my very last roll was probably the most useless s-minion of all, a courageous Hyperion... the one that gives pve defense ><

I do not know what I was expecting, I knew it was RNG but how on earth does your RNG know very well which s-minions sucks badly and made sure these are the ones I was constantly rolling?

Thankfully I have better minions for when we get the SS minion thing that are far better.

11 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I was trying for Stubborn Modor, ended up with (another) HP Viola lol. Oh well, we all knew it was rng and we might not get what we want.

And this is exactlyt he one I wanted, the HP viola, since the healing boost viola is useless, but I could use viola's active skill. I would do a deadly Sheba + HP Viola, so I would have the good toggle from sheba, the extra critical from it and the active from viola.

But it seems i'll do a Deadly Sheba - Deadly Sheba now... it is giving the most of the stats, but I wanted viola's skill.

10 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

sucks guess it just will be fodder material for your SS dont enchant it then

Yes, indeed, I didn't level this and it will be the one wasted for the opening of the slot.

Nah, rng can not be like that. I rerolled 7-8 times and 5-6 times out of that it was giving me HB Viola. So I kept rolling and luckily it dropped a tenacious Viola. Idk how this box works but if it’equal probability 0.1^5 is 0.001% probability to get 5 times the same thing. It’s like winning euro million.

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Nah, rng can not be like that. I rerolled 7-8 times and 5-6 times out of that it was giving me HB Viola. So I kept rolling and luckily it dropped a tenacious Viola. Idk how this box works but if it’equal probability 0.1^5 is 0.001% probability to get 5 times the same thing. It’s like winning euro million.

I got at least 5 times a kromede, 3 times it was abck to back actually. There is defo a pre-wired algorithm to them. I would have been lucky with any viola as I wanted to put that in the second slot just so I can use the skill (the type of viola matters only if you use it as the main minion which I wasn't).

I have always said there is no real RNG in Aion, nothing truly randomizing, it is a badly made algorithm or even worse an algorithm made to fail you more than not.

I have done the course in university we had a whole lecture about the digital dice and how it should act and the only true randomizer was the human input that was totally unpredictable, everything else is not true randomness but an algorithm.

10 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I got at least 5 times a kromede, 3 times it was abck to back actually. There is defo a pre-wired algorithm to them. I would have been lucky with any viola as I wanted to put that in the second slot just so I can use the skill (the type of viola matters only if you use it as the main minion which I wasn't).

I have always said there is no real RNG in Aion, nothing truly randomizing, it is a badly made algorithm or even worse an algorithm made to fail you more than not.

I have done the course in university we had a whole lecture about the digital dice and how it should act and the only true randomizer was the human input that was totally unpredictable, everything else is not true randomness but an algorithm.

I don't know many things about digital randomizer algorithms, I only followed basic probability theory and statistics and what happened to both of us can not be called random in any case even for a not-true randomizer, it just cannot be random when there are 10 possibilities and many ppl get 5 same things in a row. If they cannot realize a good random algorithm that means they should remove rng from the game for good.

8 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I don't know many things about digital randomizer algorithms, I only followed basic probability theory and statistics and what happened to both of us can not be called random in any case even for a not-true randomizer, it just cannot be random when there are 10 possibilities and many ppl get 5 same things in a row. If they cannot realize a good random algorithm that means they should remove rng from the game for good.

They could have simply made it a selectable s-rank minion of our choice, getting one s-rank minion isn't that big of a deal if you play more than 2~3 months, but getting the one you want is the real deal.

Thankfully deadly sheba likes me, I got 2 before and I also got it when I was rolling, but since I already had 2 I kept rolling hoping to get a viola.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

They could have simply made it a selectable s-rank minion of our choice, getting one s-rank minion isn't that big of a deal if you play more than 2~3 months, but getting the one you want is the real deal.

Thankfully deadly sheba likes me, I got 2 before and I also got it when I was rolling, but since I already had 2 I kept rolling hoping to get a viola.

Well, apparently GM's are convinced that giving the community a selectable minion box will result in a major disaster, probably causing a comete to fall on the Earth, like the one that killed the Dinosaurs. Like the same thing when I was saying to limit the meloon shugo to 1 per account so everyone can get their reward.

I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted tho. For me also it was Tenacious Viola or nothing at all, I was ready to roll to the 10th time. Also I don't think that I deserve that minion more than you or any other person who didn't get what they wanted to. This is one of unfair things in this game.

Same thing happened to me, out of the 10 rolls (yes i did all 10) i got sheba 5, hyperian 2, kromede 1, viola 1, modor 1.  Modor which is what i wanted was on the last roll..Already had kromede and viola.  The first 3-4 rolls were all the exact same minion which was sheba i forget which one

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Well, apparently GM's are convinced that giving the community a selectable minion box will result in a major disaster, probably causing a comete to fall on the Earth, like the one that killed the Dinosaurs. Like the same thing when I was saying to limit the meloon shugo to 1 per account so everyone can get their reward.

I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted tho. For me also it was Tenacious Viola or nothing at all, I was ready to roll to the 10th time. Also I don't think that I deserve that minion more than you or any other person who didn't get what they wanted to. This is one of unfair things in this game.

Major disaster is when someone gets his needed minion the first time while another tries and keeps trying and constantly fails.

Instead of an RNG based event I would rather tel us "combine 10x a-minions and get a selectable s-rank", I already have 5 s-minions by combining 4x at a time plus the one we got from this rpomotion.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Boyfriend got the minion he wanted on his 7th try, so it's definitely possible. But of course, the game does not know which one you want lol. Which is why I now have 3 Violas and 1 Sheba. 😂

The game doesn’t but apparently there is a problem here because one of my friends also got HB viola 5 times like me and @Arhangelos-KT. No one gonna ever convince me this is rng.

On 1/20/2021 at 7:28 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

What a failure, half the times UI was given an option for kromede and it is useless for me, not a single time did I get a viola that I wanted, my very last roll was probably the most useless s-minion of all, a courageous Hyperion... the one that gives pve defense ><

I do not know what I was expecting, I knew it was RNG but how on earth does your RNG know very well which s-minions sucks badly and made sure these are the ones I was constantly rolling?

Thankfully I have better minions for when we get the SS minion thing that are far better.

I think the Kromede was actually a bug, or it was their intention. Someone in my legion said they rerolled and got Kromede 8 times. So I think they made her RNG a bit - a lot - higher then everyone else.

And USELESS?! I use courageous Hyperion! Its good on sorc so you have more def and can take those big hits with his buff.

1 hour ago, Vasilios-KT said:

I think the Kromede was actually a bug, or it was their intention. Someone in my legion said they rerolled and got Kromede 8 times. So I think they made her RNG a bit - a lot - higher then everyone else.

And USELESS?! I use courageous Hyperion! Its good on sorc so you have more def and can take those big hits with his buff.

I think the boxes had a prewired chance to get something and that something wasn't same for every box. I have the two kromede types already and I kept getting kromede. Other people were also getting constantly a specific minion, but not Kromede.

Each person was rolling and there seemed to be a minion that was persistent in the rolls. For me that was Kromede for others it was Viola etc. I didn't get a single viola for example which is what I wanted.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I think the boxes had a prewired chance to get something and that something wasn't same for every box. I have the two kromede types already and I kept getting kromede. Other people were also getting constantly a specific minion, but not Kromede.

Each person was rolling and there seemed to be a minion that was persistent in the rolls. For me that was Kromede for others it was Viola etc. I didn't get a single viola for example which is what I wanted.

I got at least 5 Shebas and 2 Modors from the 9x that I rerolled. I REALLY wanted Kromede, preferably the PvP one but I got the PvE one... oh well. I was honestly thinking around the 7th re-roll, 'Maybe you can't get a Kromede or anything but Sheba and Modor from this thing???'

4 minutes ago, Flatten-KT said:

I got at least 5 Shebas and 2 Modors from the 9x that I rerolled. I REALLY wanted Kromede, preferably the PvP one but I got the PvE one... oh well. I was honestly thinking around the 7th re-roll, 'Maybe you can't get a Kromede or anything but Sheba and Modor from this thing???'

This proves that the boxes were pre-wired towards specific minions, or maybe characters themselves. Everyone practically kept getting a specific minion over and over again. Only a handful must have gotten the one they wanted. I sure didn't.

I had 3 accounts who got a box. Just to add data first account just for you all I wanted to roll it all the way through as I do not care what I got I already have more Sminions than I need and it would just be for SS upgrade.

This box I got HP vio, PvP Hyperion, Crit sita, Agile modor can't remember offtop of head which is which, another Agile modor, Stubborn Modor, HP vio, PvE Krom, HB vio, Acc sita.

2nd box I rolled Acc Sita, Stubborn Modor, PvP Krom and I took the PvP Krom sorry but I got what I wanted so didn't go further

3rd Box HB viola, PvE Hyperion, HB vio, Acc sita, Agile Modor, Stubborn Modor, PvE Krom. I took the PvE Krom

Archived