Feedback Request: Auto-Hunt Feature

Arctic

I will never understand whats the use of auto features on MMORPG.

MMORPGS are about grind everyday to get stronger, fashion, roleplaying, group up to get better, etc.

MMORPGS are still games, if I wanted a game that play by itself I would just watch other ppl streaming.

Still as many other ppl said, is not likely we have any option, it will be implemented and that's it, half or more of the already dead server population will drop and that's it as well!

In my opinion, if that @#$@$ of a feature is only implemented for specific events, maybe is not THAT bad.

But if it is implemented on the open map. Hell no, I won't support this game anymore.

What will be the next step? Removing Gelkmaros, pushing us back to Pandaemonium and become a hub based game like Destiny and Skyforge?

No thanks!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

MMORPGS are about grind everyday to get stronger, fashion, roleplaying, group up to get better, etc. thats all u had to say!

the difference between aion and all other mmo's is that aion  players go afk and the other mmo's ppl just brb lol...

LOL dude, AION already lost all that but the grinding, I suppose everyone will understand that the grinding will be lost with that "Feature" being implemented.

Damn! Even PVP is lost, we gearing for nothing!

Siegues could be easily fixed by having different hours for each faction.

NCSFOT: NO! Let ppl just go and kill a door to get GP and do absolutely NOTHING! 

Anyways, I was hoping Ashes of Creation to drop before this "Feature" was inplemented.

Sad 😢

On 1/27/2021 at 10:06 AM, Kibbelz said:

Do you think Auto-Hunting should be return in the future? And if so, to what extent? Lastly, are there any changes or improvements you'd like to see?

Yes the Auto-Hunting feature should be implemented. I would love to be able to auto-hunt in open world.  My reasoning is I am exhausted for grinding hours upon hours for lack luster rewards or no rewards.  Since there has been no real desire on NCSoft's part to adjust the horrible RNG rates  to be more player friendly for character progression.  This auto-hunting feature makes it ideal for the current state the game is in.

I would like to see more options added to the auto-hunting feature such as more skills to be used.  Allow the use of custom chain skills.  Allow the option to resurrect and continue.  Custom routes. Auto Quest.

If the rewards were more inline to actually feeling rewarded for playing the game then I would have been against the implementation of the auto-hunting feature.

On 1/27/2021 at 3:06 PM, Kibbelz said:

Do you think Auto-Hunting should be return in the future? And if so, to what extent? Lastly, are there any changes or improvements you'd like to see?

For example, there may be other event instances (solo or otherwise) where the system is enabled. Or, we could allow it in the open world, either for a limited time permanently. Or, would you prefer we avoid using it altogether?

GG 5 pages of the same 2-3 players fighting over their opinions... good luck reading that @Kibbelz 😂

👆 Old good surveys asking for players's opinion might narrow it down and reach ppl that is lazy to log into forum or just don't find it useful.

I'm going to agree with the players that do want auto hunt system. Why?

1- not everyone has the time to grind (not my case) players that support this game has less time.
2- most ppl that has been playing aion for a long time is tired of grinding, and drop is aweful.
3- Experience Marks are new currency to get everthing in renown npcs,  and quest don't give enought XP to really feel like you were rewarded from all the f*** grinding other want us to keep doing...
4- Add to drop "renown exp potions" of maps like silentera/katalam/demaha (silentera renown is a pain on the **** to lvl up)

I think this event  is usefull, ofc it has no other reward than marks but guys!! go to renown npcs and you will see all the goodies you could buy.
Personally, I think we could think in a way of "making everyone happy" (if that is possible).
- Add stat cubics (lower tier for normal, higher/inst tier for HM)
- Make this event like Abyssal (static) or every other week.

*This event is only 1 hour grind, is not that much guys. Having it is fair to everyone. Not having it is keep giving the advantage to bots and cheaters...

If not, Experience Marks are still needed and maps are dying becouse getting experience from garrison quests is not enough and is not rewarding for players. So why not adding exp marks as a reward to each quest?

Lots of asmo love.
🧉Zeyra🧉

4 hours ago, Naru said:

I will never understand whats the use of auto features on MMORPG.

MMORPGS are about grind everyday to get stronger, fashion, roleplaying, group up to get better, etc.

MMORPGS are still games, if I wanted a game that play by itself I would just watch other ppl streaming.

Still as many other ppl said, is not likely we have any option, it will be implemented and that's it, half or more of the already dead server population will drop and that's it as well!

In my opinion, if that @#$@$ of a feature is only implemented for specific events, maybe is not THAT bad.

But if it is implemented on the open map. Hell no, I won't support this game anymore.

What will be the next step? Removing Gelkmaros, pushing us back to Pandaemonium and become a hub based game like Destiny and Skyforge?

No thanks!

Auto hunting is essential for playing in aion. As we have seen, the game it too unfair and too grindy. The Meloon event is a GREAT example. People spent HOURS farming those things just so they got nothing from it. With auto farming you just turn it on and let it go to work. Its less time for you to waste, and when you get nothing you're less upset about it. The same with experience marks. Not everyone can spend 4-5 hours farming for exp marks just to get the Apostle transformations. In aion's ecosystem there is TOO much of a grind for a casual player to make exponential progress. Its impossible. Not everyone is willing to spend hours and hours and hours farming, but a bit of people are willing to leave it running in the background while they do others things. 

MMORPGS are gringy, but aion is the type of game where you either grind for hours or you make no progress. Unless you spend thousands. Its one simple feature that allows players to do things easier. Its not like they're giving people the option to do into PFHM or IDDHM and do the instance while they're afk. 

In addition to that, there's limits to afk grinding. You can only use 4 skills, and like two potions. So you have to decide what skills are important, the order they should be used in, and for some players that itself limits the potential of the grind. 

For all the "no name" like @Arhangelos-KT who dont want Auto-hunt and tell me i just want a bot system! 
Who have no clue about the game and dont want US to farm free exp !
Let me show you one of the main reason why i want auto-hunt !!

Next patch they add a weapon who you need like over thousand of exp mark to craft it !
With a lovely proc rate of 15 % !

There the stats of the weapon 
eVoXaQ8.png

I hope for you that you are ready like i am LOL, the difference between me and you that im not selfish...
I want everyone be able to get that weapon by be able to farm exp mark afk and not have to farm for over 40 hour killing elite with the perfect timing of a 300 % + exp event like i did !
k7mEKkE.png

Are you ready ?

1 hour ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

Next patch they add a weapon who you need like over thousand of exp mark to craft it !
With a lovely proc rate of 15 % !

Its actually much lower then that. Its 15% to proc it from legendary to ultimate, but in addition to that there's 3 versions to get. So you have to proc the 33% when going to Legendary and then 15% when going to Ulti.

In addition to that, for magic classes who don't use extends only the 3rd set of weapons have the weapon skill thats really worth it. So we have to proc a 33% for a singular weapon, and then on top of that a 15% chance to get the ultimate version of it. 

AKA... it'll make paragon enchanting to +20 look like a breeze. 

Guys who are saying "This will kill game" Do they even play this game? Literally every pvp instance is full of afk ppl, town is full of afk ppl, are you serious? This system was created to make it easy things like cubics or exp marks, don't be so innocent, ncwest would have to make big changes to dont implement this system and they wont, they barely post a thread every week when they announce the weekly maintenance and even they dont write all changes (and every event has a bug) So at least we can have this to make the game less painful with repetitive tasks while we are busy doing other things.

Now about if we are different to another regions, yes, but to be THAT different game should have huge changes, not only abyssal fragment or goldsand shop, that things are small compared to the base of the game which has to be reworked to make it work without this system.

If people start forming more parties to do stuff together rather than wanting to solo everything aion would come alive as thats the heartbeat and life blood of any mmo but you guys lost sight of that with personal wants as we do now with this auto hunt topic...this auto hunt will make ppl more distant!

16 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

If people start forming more parties to do stuff together rather than wanting to solo everything aion would come alive as thats the heartbeat and life blood of any mmo but you guys lost sight of that with personal wants as we do now with this auto hunt topic...this auto hunt will make ppl more distant!

Not to be rude, but thats not how it works. Aion is dead because of how the game is. Its super grindy, and very p2w. People do run instances, the issue is that DN is dead so you see none. On KT there's plenty of things to run.

Nothing in Aion, outside of exp marks, is a soloing experience. Except for when NCWest makes it that way. Even though they say they want the game to be a community they constantly do things to divide the factions, and servers separating them, even further.

To get end game gear, like Bitterhorn, sovereign, or Lumin accessories they all require PvE instances which Afk farming will have no impact on. As for pvp gear, thats already a solo thing to farm in TT. There aren't really any public groups for it, anyways.

If anything, the afk farming makes the game more active. Some players can't stand, or handle, the amount of grind it takes to do things like getting exp marks, or Bobo coins but when you add in an afk farming system it completely gets rid of that whole  issue. Of course, getting gear Is still a pain but its one less thing. 

I understand the frustration of those having to grind but seeing as im a grinder i can see it both ways and tbh i would always lean towards manual grinding over some A i doing it for me as  a true gamer...think back on the very first game we all played and you will see grinding in there somewhere and while again i understand that some has grown up over the years and fingers and what not arent what they use to be anymore and that would be cause for a auto system but not open world as that would be my gripe against the topic itself and not against anyones personal wants or needs as we all have them...lets see how we handle it as we always do cuz ncsoft will add it...

I just think if they enable this in the real world.... never enough mobs.. most mobs die in 2-3 hits and you have to wait.. there is no non stop paced grind possible.. also you get stuck in the terrain cause the maps are so well made.

Furthermore.. I dont see this usefull in instances.. but there should be more things been thought about then this auto hunt function. A lot of features should be adjusted or been put back in the game (trading players, back to shops in town - this was so fun to browse all stores, better events (rewards), get skins back into the game (russian aion event??); sooo much moree.. but no we get auto hunt discussions :)

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work in instances, but only in open-world. It's just a commodity to ease the pain of farming exp marks and cubics manually like a maniac. 

And if someone here likes staying hours and hours killing mobs over and over again for little reward... well maybe you need to get some rest... aka accept auto-hunt. :))

And if you are afraid there will be not enough mobs for everyone, well I don't think that will be a problem, since mobs spawn fast, and there's no reason for real boters to put their alts farming on open world, since it gives no kinah.

Yes, I know some people will abuse it and stay in multiple accounts 24/7 farming, but guess what? There's plenty of spots for everyone in the current state of the game.

Seems people here have forgotten how grindy Aion used to be. The current grind is a fight against the RNG and bad rewards, the lack of satisfaction is what's causing this mental exhaustion. The game is only dead in the eyes of f2p players, normally a game with so little players would've shut down by now, but it's kept alive by Prestige pack holders and people throwing their money into BCM.

If you can't get through the grind without auto-hunt, it just shows a grindy game like this was just never meant for you. Remember kids, a game should be fun and relaxing, not a chore.

I'd rather have auto-hunt system than grind and get nyerked by rng later, that's for sure.  At least I will not waste my time.

And I'm pretty sure that people who played the game for over 10+years are also tired of it.

People get old, you know, people get busy.

If I ever manually grind a billion mobs, it's going to be in a game that's worth it, and that's not Aion.

So you think the solution should be auto-hunt system? If I wanted that, I'd just play mobile games instead. There's other solutions to fix the game, but people are simply okay with what NCSOFT is doing, therefore enabling this behavior. The game is like this, because players allow it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you think they will change the game? ROFL they can barely fix bugs. I know a system that's practically bot sucks, but it's something that we can have NOW, rather than waiting on a change that WILL NEVER come.

And there's no solution for this game, it WILL die. It's just a meter of time. So, I personally rather not waste lots of time and energy, and get stuff done without wasting my time and effort.

Auto-hunt is not a solution, it's a pain killer. 

1-add 2 more skill bar to auto hunt and the option to use custom skill...

2-Only allow the use of auto hunt in both afk luna and the cubic farm dungeon...

3-Add more logical ways to aquire legendary contracts and make it selectable even though yes if u get the wrong xform it still goes towards the collection but it's bs having to waste time farming  to get the desired attacking and or casting speed one with your stats...

3-STOP SAYING SORRY WHEN YOU USE CAPS AS IT'S NOT THIS SHOUTING NONESENSE Y'ALL CREATED SINCE YA DIDNT REALLY (HEAR)SHIT AND CAPS IS FOR PEOPLE WITH SMALL TINY EYES LOL...

4-JUST LOVE ME AND TELL THE WIFE OR HUSBAND ITS NOT CHEATING TO LOVE THE VALEDIA SINCE YA WONT GET ANY UNLESS YOU'RE A FRENCH LESBIAN VAMPIRE...

5-LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU🤪🥰😇😈💙😈🧀LOL...TANK YOU

19 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

It is a sub game, if you want to play it you need gold pack, the fact itis brokerable/tradeable is about convenience.

You might not pay for it with your real money, but someone else paid for it for you to buy it with kinah.

The mention is about every bot that exists is making money for the company, directly or indirectly. A gold pack costs 5 euros and that is it.

GF is better for a f2p than na, gold pack is just 5$ , they have population and a better market u can make kinah easier in eu than here. botting wont change anything since ppl is botting illegaly already and no one cares

23 minutes ago, Zombiex-DN said:

GF is better for a f2p than na, gold pack is just 5$ , they have population and a better market u can make kinah easier in eu than here. botting wont change anything since ppl is botting illegaly already and no one cares

I am certain that EU has suffered a player loss just as well, for the same reasons that we have here. I've been there, it's just as dead.

7 hours ago, Valedia-DN said:

I understand the frustration of those having to grind but seeing as im a grinder i can see it both ways and tbh i would always lean towards manual grinding over some A i doing it for me as  a true gamer...think back on the very first game we all played and you will see grinding in there somewhere and while again i understand that some has grown up over the years and fingers and what not arent what they use to be anymore and that would be cause for a auto system but not open world as that would be my gripe against the topic itself and not against anyones personal wants or needs as we all have them...lets see how we handle it as we always do cuz ncsoft will add it...

Look at what @MechEagIe-DN said, thats literally the definition of what the Aion grind is going to be in 7.8. As a ranger you have proc a 33% chance to get a specific weapon group, and then on top on that you have to proc a 15% chance to get it to ultimate. And every single time you upgrade it, it costs 20+ Exp marks. Imaging spending hours farming up 100 exp marks, just got the weapon to not proc and wasted all that time. 

It seems this Afk farming system has brought nothing but fighting and arguing between everyone. Why can't we look at the feedback received from it on KR and EU. They have the same systems, these players have been using it so why can't we just base judgment off them. 

Archived