Feedback Request: Auto-Hunt Feature

Arctic

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

going off topic here but its kinda sad when u start as a pug group and they stayed for such a long time in an instance and then at the end you have a geared player that does not need the ulti sov armor box from sl nm and even though i said there are 2 members that doesnt have any sov to let them get it as the run was for them and still this geared player would prevent them from getting the armor too become stronger even by a lil bit...damn you for doing that! king and nil sorry this geared person did that but please dont consider the time and energy we put in all for nothing as we will get there in order to prevent things like this from happening...

4-JUST LOVE ME AND TELL THE WIFE OR HUSBAND ITS NOT CHEATING TO LOVE THE VALEDIA SINCE YA WONT GET ANY UNLESS YOU'RE A FRENCH LESBIAN VAMPIRE...

Well, I don't want an ultimate costume anymore, a parangon +15, or bitter ... not even a super minion ss-super xxl. Now all I want is a FRENCH LESBIAN VAMPIRE transformation forever.😍

15 hours ago, Valedia-DN said:

If people start forming more parties to do stuff together rather than wanting to solo everything aion would come alive as thats the heartbeat and life blood of any mmo but you guys lost sight of that with personal wants as we do now with this auto hunt topic...this auto hunt will make ppl more distant!

The pretty girl Valedia is right. When we played to get T1-and-T2 from the Pandora team, very good groups were formed, especially to kill the bosses. I have made groups with people from many places (Philippines, Arabia, Chile, USA, Brazil, Canada, people from Europe, etc) and although it was repetitive I enjoyed it a lot. And yes, there were boots too.
This with the auto-hunt would not happen.👍

another reason why aion is dying along with other mmo's is the fact that 1 person that needed 5 others to do anything can get so geared and just say f you other 5 party members and with all the geared players these game have now its no wonder why it seems theres nothing to do cuz its hold group so i can go solo a 6 person instance or let me see who in my guild is on or on my friends list but as i said long time ago that guilds and friends list is not a good thing cuz with aion now if ur not in a guild you're pretty much gonna be last in everything...when i think of the name mmorpg i believed that everything would always require a full party and nothing could be done solo...idk i guess im just trying to force my first  and last best and greatest memory of gaming into this one which was nothing but togetherness 24/7 and yes we had guilds and such things but it was more so for storage and personal friends along with the friend list but each guild got along and the community was A+ and thats 10+ years ago...why we cant have that here?

Just another thought - I just reran it with 100 luna. Was great! Got a lot of stuff done and just relaxed 100 bobonerk's gems in 30mins or so and xp marks rest of way. With luna reset there's no need to open up autohunting anywhere else. No one wants to see bots all over gelk and inggi and wherever else...new players will think its a bot infested game.

luna/cubic is where it needs to be...ncsoft please consider allowing us to keep our skills when entering these dungeons like luna and cubic because it is base on our geared dps from our weapon and such things so i see no need for removing our skills when yall can just increase the mobs difficulty since the damage we do is based off our stats anyways...

1 hour ago, Zappies-DN said:

Just another thought - I just reran it with 100 luna. Was great! Got a lot of stuff done and just relaxed 100 bobonerk's gems in 30mins or so and xp marks rest of way. With luna reset there's no need to open up autohunting anywhere else. No one wants to see bots all over gelk and inggi and wherever else...new players will think its a bot infested game.

https://elliotinaion.wordpress.com/2009/01/03/ncsoft-anti-bot-on-the-outside-bot-utopia-on-the-inside/

Legitmately wrote back in 2009. This is Aion since release. It is a bot infested game where developers/publishers do not care thus it is a game that has very few players now days because the community reflects their efforts.

Aion classic is...you guessed it over 60% Bot population. They are cashing in on bots subscription money.

My personal favorite.

"When we’re doing the Lvl 43 Asmodian Unique weapon quest and go over to the Elyos side, I always remind my legion members, “Do not hit characters that are botting.”

Why? It’s quite simple. If you hit a bot, they broadcast such an attack on area chat and since enemy players’ presence interferes with their botting, every bot in the area will swarm to their defense. You’ll definitely get to experience these high lvl areas, where most botters bot in 2s."

I don't think people are realizing this, but from what I've seen when it comes to the Auto Hunting Functionality there is no here or there. It's all or nothing. You can't simply have it in luna or cubics, or specific parts of maps. I mean seriously, NCWest can't even get it to work in a signal instance imaging them trying to have specific areas within Inggi and other maps to have the functionality. It'll cause more bad then it would good.

As for the bots, its not that simple. The auto hunting only allows four skills, that means these bots have to be geared enough to kill these mobs using only four skills over and over again.

As for other players, they have to determine what skills are beneficial enough to be used for auto hunting. A cleric has to pick between having three attack and one heal, or all four attack, maybe two heal two attack etc. Just cause the functionality is there it doesn't mean everyone is going to have the ability of it.

Someone who's in full risiel  gear can't go into Silentera Corridor and start farming the elite mobs. Even in heart guard that might not be enough. Its four skills. Four. They still have cool downs, alongside limited potions.

i so wanna play my sorce and sm but their current skins are old gear and aion has no cute cloth gear i like to wear so can u believe thats why i dont play them lol...ncsoft remove untradable restrictions from all 4.0 and up items as in armor/weapon chest so ppl can want to play this once great game again...

48 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

thats why i said add 2 more skill bars and allow us to use custom skill chain to fix that problem...if they did that and allow us to use our own skills all across the game within everything then auto hunting in luna/cubic will work...

Everyone is saying that Auto Hunting is too strong because it takes the grind away from aion. By adding two more slots it does exactly that. Four is fine. And might I add, even if NCWest wanted to add two more they couldn't and wouldn't. NCsoft would have to make that change and I highly doubt they will. We either get Auto Hunting AS IT IS, in every map with four skills potions etc, or we get nothing. Its just that simple. 

As for luna and cubic, I don't know if Auto Hunting works there. You have four skills, but I dont think you pick the specific mobs to target. 

4 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Everyone is saying that Auto Hunting is too strong because it takes the grind away from aion. By adding two more slots it does exactly that. Four is fine. And might I add, even if NCWest wanted to add two more they couldn't and wouldn't. NCsoft would have to make that change and I highly doubt they will. We either get Auto Hunting AS IT IS, in every map with four skills potions etc, or we get nothing. Its just that simple. 

As for luna and cubic, I don't know if Auto Hunting works there. You have four skills, but I dont think you pick the specific mobs to target. 

just to make sure by skill bar i dont mean addind 2 extra box i mean 2 more complete bars like our regular skill bar 1 through 12

hiii!! from experience and cubics it is an excellent idea, but limit the use to at least 2 hours, because if it would not be very saturated and there would be no mobs to kill, and so everyone decides what time to go to farm, also that it is by zones in English / gelkmaros and not war zone.

Also that the mobs respawn faster, otherwise it will happen like Christmas when we fought for the mobs of so saturated that it was and the weakest were harmed

I don't like the auto-hunting feature; I never have and never will. I was beyond pleased when the NCWest team made their statement about not implementing it for NA, and I'm starting to think it's just laziness that is prompting them to backtrack now. Too many of the events involve auto-hunting, so NCWest has to edit and tailor the events for our region specifically- or sometimes they don't bother and the events/lugbug quests become unviable. 

I know everyone wants their cubics and experience marks, and I think it's entirely possible for NA to find a workaround for that without auto-hunting; increase the exp gain from mobs and quests, increase the drop rates, make the cubic bundles a quest reward or instance drop again, or even something we can purchase with in-game currency like nightmare coins or acorns or whatever. There's definitely options! But any those things would require work and consideration for the playerbase, so I think despite any of our feedback we're just gonna end up with auto-hunting after all and they'll say it's what the community wanted. Apologies if I sound miserably fatalistic about all this, I'm just not feeling so jazzed about Aion at the moment. u_u

16 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

The auto hunt feature isn't using my XP extractors event htough i have the "Automatically Extract EXP" enabled, instead it's using the boba coins!   Q.Q  

Also for those still struggling to enable your auto hunt,

It is mentioned in the event page that it will automatically use either bobonerk coins or Xp extractors whichever is first in your inventory.

So if you bobonerk coins are higher than the XP extractors it uses them. So place your XP extractors in the first cube and it will be used.

Untitled-1.jpg

All right, Heiron is empty, they could make places there to collect cubic and other things (without removing the current places), but never with auto-hunt. The problem is that it will be full of bots. However, it would be easier to locate them. As Haniya writes

There's definitely options! But any those things would require work and consideration for the playerbase.

The auto-hunt tested it with 8 classes. If you don't have a certain degree of equipment it is pathetic, for certain classes you need to add more skills and it is very boring. In the end I finished doing everything in the traditional way.

I did the same thing with my ranger and honestly that hour didnt bother me at all and i know not everyone or even a small amount of ppl can farm for hours even if they have the time to do so cuz they lack what it is to be a gamer...jesus christ ppl yall have my baby daddy kaisinelylylylylylylylylylylylylylylylylylylylyly and or other prefered legendary xforms with super computers and yall bitching about having to farm manually...pathetic!

Personally, I like the Auto-hunt feature because it lets me take time away from the game, and lets me put more time into irl things. I don't have to worry about fitting Aion in to a schedule to grind when I can set it and walk away and do school work and stuff. I think it should be an option that's there if you want. The players who need to use it will use it, and the ones who don't won't.

Can you guys put a extra slot or two for hp and mana heal (or let us put a certain skill instead of  pots)? We have 5 skills slots but for some classes this might disadvantage because not every class gets mana or hp back with damage skill, you know what I mean?

Archived