Feedback Request: Auto-Hunt Feature

Arctic

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/27/2021 at 9:06 PM, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone!

With Garden of Growth now arriving, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the Auto-Hunting system after you've had a little time with it. We felt this event would be a good way to let you use the system without drastically impacting the game as a whole.

Do you think Auto-Hunting should be return in the future? And if so, to what extent? Lastly, are there any changes or improvements you'd like to see?

For example, there may be other event instances (solo or otherwise) where the system is enabled. Or, we could allow it in the open world, either for a limited time permanently. Or, would you prefer we avoid using it altogether?

We'd value your input and feedback on this area once you have the chance to play with the feature in Garden of Growth!Thank you!

@Kibbelz , No, just keep it, we need it to farm and please allow it to use in any area not event only! :/ 

On 2/3/2021 at 2:19 AM, Valedia-DN said:

i can probably steal kinah from my other toons and make up the 50mil, where is the weapon? is it pvp or pve weapon?

I believe its PvE, but kinah isn't the problem. The only way Kinah is used for the weapon is to buy the exp extractors. The average player will probably need 200-500 exp marks, if that, to get the ultimate weapon.

The issue is the amount of time it takes to farm that 200-500 exp marks. And even so, 200 seems a bit low.

Theres only a 33% for it to proc to get the weapon set you want, so you may end up spending 100 exp marks on that step alone. As a ranger you want the 3rd weapon set, which gives the weapon skill. Every time you upgrade the weapon when going to step two it costs 23 exp marks, I think. That means every single time you upgrade to the second step, you have to hope to proc the third set if not then you have to d/e that weapon and restart from the start. 

After spending exp marks and getting the weapon version you want, you then have to spend 56 exp marks to upgrade from Legendary to ultimate which is a 15% chance. So you have to keep procing  from legendary to ultimate using 56 exp marks every single time. 

In the end, its A LOT of farming... it costs 500k per exp extractor so if it ends up taking 500 for the weapon then thats 250m, but thats not the problem the problem filling up your entire exp bar 250 times. 

This entire weapon has been created around the afk farming tool, without it it'll take hours and hours of farming that a lot of players don't have time for. It may even take more then 500 exp marks, the chances of getting everything perfect the first go (especially for ranged classes) it extremely low. And, its Aion RNG... sooo its practically impossible. 

1 hour ago, Vasilios-KT said:

I believe its PvE, but kinah isn't the problem. The only way Kinah is used for the weapon is to buy the exp extractors. The average player will probably need 200-500 exp marks, if that, to get the ultimate weapon.

The issue is the amount of time it takes to farm that 200-500 exp marks. And even so, 200 seems a bit low.

Theres only a 33% for it to proc to get the weapon set you want, so you may end up spending 100 exp marks on that step alone. As a ranger you want the 3rd weapon set, which gives the weapon skill. Every time you upgrade the weapon when going to step two it costs 23 exp marks, I think. That means every single time you upgrade to the second step, you have to hope to proc the third set if not then you have to d/e that weapon and restart from the start. 

After spending exp marks and getting the weapon version you want, you then have to spend 56 exp marks to upgrade from Legendary to ultimate which is a 15% chance. So you have to keep procing  from legendary to ultimate using 56 exp marks every single time. 

In the end, its A LOT of farming... it costs 500k per exp extractor so if it ends up taking 500 for the weapon then thats 250m, but thats not the problem the problem filling up your entire exp bar 250 times. 

This entire weapon has been created around the afk farming tool, without it it'll take hours and hours of farming that a lot of players don't have time for. It may even take more then 500 exp marks, the chances of getting everything perfect the first go (especially for ranged classes) it extremely low. And, its Aion RNG... sooo its practically impossible. 

Thank you very much for the detailed information and unknowingly killedededededededed me cuz thats alot and i dont believe in farming for rng cuz thats the cause for 90% of gamers suicide rate so thats a weapon the valedia will not have unless theres a kinah or ncoin price cuz im not against paying for guarantee but will not for rng...loves ty tc im heading to the mall to do some shopping😁

8 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

This is pretty funny and sad. People running an afk farming bot all day so they can get a better weapon for their afk farming bot. I can't think of a better example demonstrating near pointless materialism.

More feedback - the event coins in garden are a nice touch, but not necessary. I'd rather keep garden without them as a permanent instance. I fear now if auto hunt is available anywhere there will be auto-ksing or other undesirable side effects.

Anyway I think xp needs to be permanently boosted (say doubled) - it is awful right now during week...then give us bonus events after. XP is amazing in Garden though so keep it and boost xp everywhere for good.

The bad - 50 kills per char (12 chars) is a lot of extra work, but if it keeps luna botters from putting 10 pages of leg enchants under my 1 stone by 3million then fine. I am working to get all alts the xp gear from Gelk and i think then should be able to do 50 x 12 kills reasonably fast. If not then I guess work on accs - can do livia accessories while getting kills too.

In Summary:
Garden amazing and event amazing especially with event coins - will really miss it if you take it away
Auto-Hunting anywhere feels like a bad idea - our legion is already dead just people doing 50 x 12 or more.
XP without any boost is absolutely terrible and makes most renown items out of reach

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

This is pretty funny and sad. People running an afk farming bot all day so they can get a better weapon for their afk farming bot. I can't think of a better example demonstrating near pointless materialism.

Its more than that. This new weapon is an easy way to get into IDDHM 3rd Boss, PFHM 4th Boss, Besh Hard. I don't even know if anyone is able to fully complete Besh hard and get S rank with just like bitter horn or sov gear. 

For melee classes this gives an extendable, which truly is extremely powerful and has been begged for a while now. 

And for ranged classes, it gives a skill buff that can be used on your entire group which gives like 1500 pve att. Now imagine in PFHM 4th boss you have a vandal, cleric, sorc, chanter, temp, and a glad. Thats three people with that weapon, so pretty much its almost a permanent buff for your entire group.

In my opinion, the ranged classes are getting a much bigger benefit than melee classes are. But its a fair trade off, if melee classes got extends and this buff.. I think everyone would be rerolling. 

9 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Its more than that. This new weapon is an easy way to get into IDDHM 3rd Boss, PFHM 4th Boss, Besh Hard. I don't even know if anyone is able to fully complete Besh hard and get S rank with just like bitter horn or sov gear. 

I gather you didn't get my point. If you are spending all your time botting then you aren't getting into IDDHM 3rd Boss, PFHM 4th Boss, Besh Hard.. .you are botting.

Just now, Ferk-DN said:

I gather you didn't get my point. If you are spending all your time botting then you aren't getting into IDDHM 3rd Boss, PFHM 4th Boss, Besh Hard.. .you are botting.

The issue is that the weapon was designed to afk for. When It comes to afk farming the only other thing that people will really afk for is for the exp marks for the renown merchants. You would think if its such a massive issue on KR or EU it wouldn't be offered here. In addition to that, in the long run we will face bigger problems if we don't implement this feature. EVERY farming-type feature from KR will have some sort of afk farming aspect in it, until its removed. And we all know NCWest isn't changing that. They will just copy and paste the code over to NA. They're not gonna take off the exp marks required for these weapons, it'll still be expected of us to farm for the marks 100x harder than its expected for the players on KR and EU. 

4 hours ago, Zappies-DN said:

In Summary:
Garden amazing and event amazing especially with event coins - will really miss it if you take it away
Auto-Hunting anywhere feels like a bad idea - our legion is already dead just people doing 50 x 12 or more.
XP without any boost is absolutely terrible and makes most renown items out of reach

Thanks!

The event coins make it worthwhile.

2 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

The game is dead, you're just watching it go extinct 

Watching everyone accept it*

It used to be that those of us who spent money on the game continued to do so even though we knew the game was declining. Now a lot of us aren't spending money anymore or have drastically decreased the amount we will spend. 🙃 Maybe there were like 100 people spending money a year ago (big spenders, not $20 here or there). Now it's probably down to like 30 people.

the game isnt dead its just the players in the community brought back hate, dislike, segregation=guilds/friends list and overall prejudice and yall know it...look at what y'all did to this once great game? ncsoft do what they do and it's their game to do so, but how the community react and behave is yallz nyerking fault so i blame the community of how aion is now...nyerking people!?

3 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

People have been saying that for the past 10 years.

It is dead... When you search maps, any map there is no map that shows 101 ppl, and thats the Max it can show... When Ingi map shows 50+ ppl only, it shows the state if the game... TT has like 5+ ppl... Lakrum 10+ etc etc ( and those are  server-wide maps)... Numbers show that game is dead... It seems like private server with all the buggs we get every week. 

And still no new morphing recepy for pve Stones... Nc soon and it was like wut 2 months ago they said they will fix it Lmao what a joke

3 hours ago, Steefy-DN said:

It is dead... When you search maps, any map there is no map that shows 101 ppl, and thats the Max it can show... When Ingi map shows 50+ ppl only, it shows the state if the game... TT has like 5+ ppl... Lakrum 10+ etc etc ( and those are  server-wide maps)... Numbers show that game is dead... It seems like private server with all the buggs we get every week. 

And still no new morphing recepy for pve Stones... Nc soon and it was like wut 2 months ago they said they will fix it Lmao what a joke

The max shown is 104 toons, and that excludes the ones which have status set to invisible.

I see the max 104 often. eg. 3 hours ago in Demaha when altars popped. Then you have to double it to include both factions.

One thing I notice with the auto-hunting, is the bot doesn't loot very well. It seems to start attacking again before it's looted all the corpses. Sure the garden even is a bit extreme with all the respawing but even at the start when the bot is at the edge it loots half a dozen corpses then attacks things closer to the middle, and eventually ends up in the middle with too many respawns to leave time to loot.

Archived