Jump to content
Forums

Feedback Request: Auto-Hunt Feature


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Minions have auto-loot feature for a reason.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I thought it was a function of Pets not Minions.

I have since researched it, bought the required stone, and am testing it with the auto-hunt right now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Erm what about just follow the official Aion line , which every other server does, and let us use all the features of this game?

I think that disabling it was a good idea, I wouldn't like it at all if I would have to let my char auto farm while me not even being in the house, doing other things. It weirdly feels that I'd be bur

Honestly, I don't enjoy auto-hunting and definitely believe it should stay out of open world. However, I will say if there are players who truly want it implemented, I would say keep a perma

On 2/5/2021 at 7:28 PM, Ferk-DN said:

People have been saying that for the past 10 years.

Aion is beyond dead, here’s a picture of a not dead game!

selecao-de-reino-world-of-warcraft-class

 

Aion during sieges has 100ish players/faction. Thats 400 players total, if we assume we have 50% that can’t siege, we have a total of 600 distinct players, most of these people don’t spend a dime on BCM.

Servers and people are not cheap, ncsoft Korea is probably not profiting from NA servers, that’s why they don’t have people on NA anymore. Staff is all Korean just executing scripts on dockerized servers. 600 free players don’t pay off servers expenses. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 2:13 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

Watching everyone accept it*

It used to be that those of us who spent money on the game continued to do so even though we knew the game was declining. Now a lot of us aren't spending money anymore or have drastically decreased the amount we will spend. 🙃 Maybe there were like 100 people spending money a year ago (big spenders, not $20 here or there). Now it's probably down to like 30 people.

There seems to be A LOT big spenders now, even so. I know of like 30 people alone that would spend 1000$+ on the game just for a single event. 

On 2/5/2021 at 5:28 PM, Ferk-DN said:

People have been saying that for the past 10 years.

yeah, well... now its a reality. Theres less then 5,000 players, if that it seems. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone!

With Garden of Growth now arriving, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the Auto-Hunting system after you've had a little time with it. We felt this event would be a good way to let you use the system without drastically impacting the game as a whole.

Do you think Auto-Hunting should be return in the future? And if so, to what extent? Lastly, are there any changes or improvements you'd like to see?

For example, there may be other event instances (solo or otherwise) where the system is enabled. Or, we could allow it in the open world, either for a limited time permanently. Or, would you prefer we avoid using it altogether?

We'd value your input and feedback on this area once you have the chance to play with the feature in Garden of Growth!Thank you!

less gamers are actually playing, and more are AFK. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GenericUser33895 said:

less gamers are actually playing, and more are AFK. 

GenericUser33895, Please try to reframe from using that gamer word cuz it's a word that actually stood for and meant something back in the days as a great title for one to hold but it's now a word used too loosely on people that has a username and password and logs into a game for 30mins or an hour with the very high chance of afk'ing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Valedia-DN said:

GenericUser33895, Please try to reframe from using that gamer word cuz it's a word that actually stood for and meant something back in the days as a great title for one to hold but it's now a word used too loosely on people that has a username and password and logs into a game for 30mins or an hour with the very high chance of afk'ing...

you have zero chill, lady. haha 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 6:15 PM, Justalyne-KT said:

I like the Auto Hunt feature and hope you update it everywhere.

 

IMO very few people are able to play this game all day everyday.  This feature allows people with Real Life commitments like Work, School etc. to set this then go do real life.  Allowing them to remain competative.  Also great for new players to be able to get caught up with cubics etc.  Not everyone is going to like it and I get that but imo the pros far out weigh the cons.  TBH open world bots I don't feel as much an issue anymore the broker bots and the luna scripters are.

if you don't have time for this game then go play candy crush or super mario bross hahaahah

Link to post
Share on other sites

GoG is decent, I wouldn't exactly say it's good. Auto-hunt would we very nice in open world, taking in consideration of cubics. I don't really know how many players are still left over from 6.0 when you could farm in lab, but atm the grind is a little tough with the nerfed drop rate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GenericUser37895 said:

if you don't have time for this game then go play candy crush or super mario bross hahaahah

And adding to genericuser's comment id also like to add that nowhere like ever have u or will u see the word competitive and afk together as they're two different words with totally different meaning so you cannot say this auto hunt keeps those afk'ers competitive with players who make and invest time to play the game...there is a game for afk'ers with such a busy life and its called mobile games...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two toons, one is my main on KT, the other is my main on DN, no other alts, so doing at least 100 mobs a day is a given. eg. 50+ on Inggison, and anther 50+ on either Demaha or Katalam maps. Plus the prestige coin quests. Won't be a problem getting the daily event 100 mobs. The screen shot of 1,000 mob rewards is irrelevant to NA, we get 30 points for 100 mobs.

I can see how this might be a problem for alt'ers, that's why I deleted all of mine from 4 accounts. There is a certain degree of insanity involved in running dozens of alts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there might be a typo in the event quest. I just tested on Demaha mobs and the kill count for the event quest doesn't go up. I will test Crimson Katalam mobs tomorrow. Seems only Inggison mob kills count toward the event quest.

 

/EDIT Lakram mobs don't count either.

Edited by Ferk-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

Looks like there might be a typo in the event quest. I just tested on Demaha mobs and the kill count for the event quest doesn't go up. I will test Crimson Katalam mobs tomorrow. Seems only Inggison mob kills count toward the event quest.

If you read the description in the event lugbug tab it says specifically Gelkmaros for Asmodians and Inggison for Elyos.

The additional screenshot is from the Taiwan version that they have the auto hunt, he simply mentioned that we shouldn't complain about this being an auto-hunt event while we do not have the auto hunt feature, because our numbers are greatly reduced because of that.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kibbelz@Loki @Hime

  • We need the autohunt feature to complete our cubics . Back on 6.0 people would make alliance and grind the lakrum mini bosses that used to have guarantee drop of 1 bag with cubible. The cubicle inside the bag was rng but it was guarantee drop that you get 1 bag from each boss.
  • On this patch the only way to get cubics  is if you spend , actually its if you waste hours of yourr life to no avail grinding mobs in open world inggison and gelmarkos that have a "chance" to drop cubicles . So what we have here is a chance for cubicle to drop and even lower chance for you to get the stat you actually need.
  • This is very important for returning players and users that play on regular basis alike.
  • If you refrain from adding the autohunt not only do you make it impossible for players to get important stats for both pvp and pve , but also you will have to adjust future events that require an enormous amount of killing mobs thus more work for you
  • As a student that doesn't like wasting their time to no avail im in favour of this feature and im sure many other people  that actually got stuff to do in real life agree with me but i get why many others are against it. Servers are dead either way and what's so wrong about getting a bot feature in a legal way that many others abuse through third party software ages now? 
  • Alternatives for helping players get their cubicles without this feature
  1. Bring the old cubic instance back with separate entries than the one that gives monster cubics for pve end game isntances
  2. Change the spawn time of the mobs that used to drop titan coin bags that are all over the map and make each of them drop 1 bag with 1 cubicle like the bosses on 6.0 used to do
  • If you do not know how to script any of this forward it to korea so they do something because something is  better than nothing at all.
Edited by PrincessAvalon-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PrincessAvalon-KT said:

@Kibbelz@Loki @Hime

  • We need the autohunt feature to complete our cubics . Back on 6.0 people would make alliance and grind the lakrum mini bosses that used to have guarantee drop of 1 bag with cubible. The cubicle inside the bag was rng but it was guarantee drop that you get 1 bag from each boss.
  • On this patch the only way to get cubics  is if you spend , actually its if you waste hours of yourr life to no avail grinding mobs in open world inggison and gelmarkos that have a "chance" to drop cubicles . So what we have here is a chance for cubicle to drop and even lower chance for you to get the stat you actually need.
  • This is very important for returning players and users that play on regular basis alike.
  • If you refrain from adding the autohunt not only do you make it impossible for players to get important stats for both pvp and pve , but also you will have to adjust future events that require an enormous amount of killing mobs thus more work for you
  • As a student that doesn't like wasting their time to no avail im in favour of this feature and im sure many other people  that actually got stuff to do in real life agree with me but i get why many others are against it. Servers are dead either way and what's so wrong about getting a bot feature in a legal way that many others abuse through third party software ages now? 
  • Alternatives for helping players get their cubicles without this feature
  1. Bring the old cubic instance back with separate entries than the one that gives monster cubics for pve end game isntances
  2. Change the spawn time of the mobs that used to drop titan coin bags that are all over the map and make each of them drop 1 bag with 1 cubicle like the bosses on 6.0 used to do
  • If you do not know how to script any of this forward it to korea so they do something because something is  better than nothing at all.

But it is not like the developers don't already know all that, they did have an awesome system with the cubicle instance for cubicles... how simple was that!!! And it worked. Even better we had cubicle upgrades, use 5x bronze for 1x silver, 5x silver for 1x gold.

They are those that took their own working creation and turned it into utter bs. No more cubicle instance, no more cubicle upgrades, open world grinding to get cubicles, and the cubic instance itself suck for the purpose it is there, you cannot get platinum cubicles for the bosses which is what actually matters (unless they changed it and I missed that since I have my cubicles ready since 6.2 and finished the rest in 7.0)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it only meant to work in the garden of growth instance?  I saw it in the world, tried to click and understand how it could work but nothing worked. The skill slots were only 5 and could never drag any skill to those slots. Now I don't see it any more. I use the table of 25 skills, even this is not enough to put all skills in a sorted way .

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MilkyWay-KT said:

Was it only meant to work in the garden of growth instance?  I saw it in the world, tried to click and understand how it could work but nothing worked. The skill slots were only 5 and could never drag any skill to those slots. Now I don't see it any more. I use the table of 25 skills, even this is not enough to put all skills in a sorted way .

They implemented it as an event for that map only so we get an idea of what it is and give our 5 cents on it.

  • Those who liked the idea before we got it, still liked it after they tested it.
  • Those who didn't like the idea before we got it, still didn't like it after they tested it.

But I am sure more people want it now that they made the luna daily pouch an open world grind thing.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...