Killing Low Levels in PvP?

Plezurenpain-DN

20 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You actually do get AP from low levels now. Not a lot, but some. I run into pinkies in Illuma all the time.

Oo this is so broken...

A level 55 can't rift anymore from ingg/gelk to kill other lv55 players, but a lv66 can go there and kill the lv55 on those maps. And now even gain AP?

clap clap NCSoft, well done.

Most 66+ people have better sources of AP than the 10-100 you get off of a pinkie.  

That said, if a pinkie sees an enemy factionmember and doesn't run, then their death is on their head.  The vast majority of players won't bother with pinkies unless they're actively trying to be a hero.

Don't be a hero.  Don't engage a high level player.  You're just going to die.  And personally, if a pinkie ever engages me, I'll then go out of my way to kill them over and over again and make their life miserable.  

I don't think it's broken. I have played since 2009. I saw the genesis of every mechanic that NCSoft has put in place to try and stop ganking. Color coding, the Curse, the end to perma rifting, pinkies giving 1 ap to reds, added guards, etc. Only the Fast Track server has managed to do it. 

You would think that the lack of reward (1 ap) would have stopped reds from killing lowbies. That was only half the equation. Since they only risked 1 ap, pinkies would yolo red players. Pinkies attacked reds in order to try and get them Cursed. Talk about a mess.

This is a PvP game. Low levels are provided a totally safe atmosphere in order to level. If you chose not to use it, you really can't cry that someone killed you.

Why an archdaeva can rift into a lower level map, in the first place? Once we had restrictions, preventing such things. A lv50 cannot "run" from a lv75, Lumin, sorry... Also, there are sins and rangers. You cannot always see your enemy (unless he uses hide close to you, so you get the notice). If they want to pvp, there are norsvold and iluma or the abyss (not to mention levinshor that it's dead). It's not a matter of engage. If an archdaeva rifted into a low map, it means that he actively looks for pinkies.

The result? a lv50 will rift into Beluslan and Morheim, to kill lower players. What a funny way to experience the PvP on lower levels :/

My point is: Aion should be a "dangerous game"? Fine, open ALL the rifts to everyone. The game should protect lower players from extreme risks and unfair behaviour: restrict the rifts like in the past. The last change instead forbids low players from using the rifts, but allows the high lvl to use them. It simply encourages the griefing.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

You would think that the lack of reward (1 ap) would have stopped reds from killing lowbies. That was only half the equation. Since they only risked 1 ap, pinkies would yolo red players. Pinkies attacked reds in order to try and get them Cursed.

One time I was attacked by a pinkie and I literally tried to run away because I didn't want to kill him/her. The pinkie persisted so I was like okay... I tried to avoid killing you... lol. :(

8 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

One time I was attacked by a pinkie and I literally tried to run away because I didn't want to kill him/her. The pinkie persisted so I was like okay... I tried to avoid killing you... lol. :(

I CC'd one for several minutes because he kept trying to attack me. Tree! Scarecrow!

4 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Because there's things to farm in the old maps (special guards, petals, etc), and sub65s are supposed to be on the FTS, safe and sound. If you choose not to utilize the best tool for leveling that NCsoft has provided you, then RIP.

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't anyone go into the Abyss where NTC is located once they hit 20 something?  That's a pvp zone.

28 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

NTC is now located in Morheim and Altgard.

Morheim and *Eltnen. >__________________________________>

*ninja hugs and runs away*

33 minutes ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't anyone go into the Abyss where NTC is located once they hit 20 something?  That's a pvp zone.

Can't even go to the Abyss anymore until level 45. >_____> :>

51 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Morheim and *Eltnen. >__________________________________>

*ninja hugs and runs away*

Can't even go to the Abyss anymore until level 45. >_____> :>

Oh wow they  changed A LOT since I was gone.  I remember getting a quest to go into the Abyss in the mid 20's from Eltnen to start the campaign out there.

7 minutes ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

Oh wow they  changed A LOT since I was gone.  I remember getting a quest to go into the Abyss in the mid 20's from Eltnen to start the campaign out there.

Yeah, it used to be 25, but then they revamped the Abyss and there is 0 reason for a low level to go there.

They also made it so you can't rez inside the shield of Teminon/Primum fortresses as of a long time ago, too, so being ganked at NTC stopped being a problem like 7 years ago. xD

A LOT has changed since when we all started. It's crazy!

Yeah it sure has.  I played beta and for the first like 3 months after release and quit because my friends quit after the first month & the grind to level up back then got to me.  I just couldn't take it and quit.  I came back a few time but this time after all they've done I'll stick around for a while.  I'm loving the changes except for professions.  I hate that EVERYONE can pick up Aethercrafting in addition to another profession and how AC made everything but alch & cooking obsolete.

13 minutes ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

Yeah it sure has.  I played beta and for the first like 3 months after release and quit because my friends quit after the first month & the grind to level up back then got to me.  I just couldn't take it and quit.  I came back a few time but this time after all they've done I'll stick around for a while.  I'm loving the changes except for professions.  I hate that EVERYONE can pick up Aethercrafting in addition to another profession and how AC made everything but alch & cooking obsolete.

Not me... master alchemist and levelled cooking here.. Remember when they were the only crafts that could not morph cera medals? thank you for valuing us :( . Revenge is sweet :D

Archived