Killing Low Levels in PvP?

Plezurenpain-DN

On 10/23/2017 at 10:17 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

One time I was attacked by a pinkie and I literally tried to run away because I didn't want to kill him/her. The pinkie persisted so I was like okay... I tried to avoid killing you... lol. :(

^ this has happened to me ... years and years ago before Fast Track came out.

Most of the ganking now is level 74/75's rifting into do kill quests in the Archdeava lands - and they specifically target the Elyos, level 66, doing the first Archdeava quests outside of the central buildings.  It's still a 9 level difference, if the person just hit 66 - and that poor player won't have enough essence points or better gear to be able to fend them off.

So what can we do? Well... many seem to group up and help protect them - and I'm seeing a trends where more and more are going outside the gate to watch over them as they do their kills. Also, when an Asmo is spotted - GROUPS go out to hunt them down and kill. They don't just chase them off >> they chase them down and kill them.

Very proud of my server for this. 

That's a lot of assumption, @Ode-DN

The other day we were in Illuma PvPing and we were talking about this very thing. Someone was crying, "You killed my undergeared alt!" How are we supposed to know? How do we know what the character's level is or what their gear is.. until we hit it. Once we smack it, we can pretty much tell, but prior to that.. how is anyone supposed to know? As for going near the main base, most of us would avoid going there if at all possible. Going right up and knocking on the front door is the best way to get all those people afking in that base running out and running after you. But if you want to complete those quests and can't find anyone further from the fort, you have no choice but to get closer and closer until you find someone to kill. And again.. how do we know the gear or level of someone out grinding mobs? Or running down the road? Or sitting in a camp in front of an instance entrance? With the Omen event, the person camping that omen was just as likely to be a geared 75 as a level 66 in ancient coin. With the current event, the person sitting in the Adma camp is just as likely to be a geared level 75 as a 66 in ancient coin. Level 75s hang out right outside of the fort just as much as level 66s. 

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

That's a lot of assumption, @Ode-DN

The other day we were in Illuma PvPing and we were talking about this very thing. Someone was crying, "You killed my undergeared alt!" How are we supposed to know? How do we know what the character's level is or what their gear is.. until we hit it. Once we smack it, we can pretty much tell, but prior to that.. how is anyone supposed to know? As for going near the main base, most of us would avoid going there if at all possible. Going right up and knocking on the front door is the best way to get all those people afking in that base running out and running after you. But if you want to complete those quests and can't find anyone further from the fort, you have no choice but to get closer and closer until you find someone to kill. And again.. how do we know the gear or level of someone out grinding mobs? Or running down the road? Or sitting in a camp in front of an instance entrance? With the Omen event, the person camping that omen was just as likely to be a geared 75 as a level 66 in ancient coin. With the current event, the person sitting in the Adma camp is just as likely to be a geared level 75 as a 66 in ancient coin. Level 75s hang out right outside of the fort just as much as level 66s. 

No assumptions.  There are level 75/74's rifting in and killing those who just turned 66 and have their first quests outside the main city. Easy kills, just as I killed the bots I found in the Abyss. 

My response to the poster above, was that "Pinkies often make it impossible for you to ignore them". And some do. 

I will kill a pinkie, I will kill any Asmo that crosses my path because if I don't > then I leave them to kill our fledglings. If anyone is to get AP > it should be our own faction. I'm not going to make it easy for the enemy.  And if I am in the Abyss and I fly past one that's not a bot, but lower level... how do I know they are not going to mark me on the map and tell the other asmos my location?  I've found if I atleast kill them or chase > odds are less Asmos will think I'm an easy kill and stay away.

As far as AFKers coming out of the city to help kill. Well, you can't change a person who has their mind set on avoiding PvP. They are going to avoid it. And those who love PvP, embrace it every opportunity.

My opinion with camping forts it simple. It's PvP. There is only one rule in PvP > "Don't be the one to die".. and all else goes -- if it does not violate TOS

Here's how I see it. We can feign we care, we can be posers as we gear up and strut around in the amazing gear we are clothing ourselves in -- or we can participate in wars, and be what we are trying to convince others we are.

I'm a long time player, since AION came out.  Used to be an Asmo (Sin and Sorc) - but switched when game went free to play.  Kahrun used to be the place for PvP. Legions - top legions - only took you, kept you > if you warred for the good of the faction. 

I'm not seeing that as much now on the Elyos side. I wish I was. I cannot fathom where the disconnect is - but it's there.

We need to protect our own, so they can grow - learn and war with us.

Anywho.. I think you read me wrong.   I have no issue with PvP and tactics used -- I can only hope that more step up to protect their own as they try to get their quests done as our smalle Archdeavas. 

66s are not pink to a 75. They are red. I stand by my statement. If you want to finish those GP giving kill quests, you have absolutely no idea the person you are targeting is either low level or undergeared until after you hit them. It isn't worth it for  an "easy kill" to walk right up to the gates of the other faction's main base. People only do that when they can't find anyone further out.

Archived