Contaminated Underpath Returning

Arctic

@Kibbelz You must really really hate your  existing playerbase to DO THIS! You know this wont fix the problem. Bots will be annoying as ever if you talking about killing 50 mobs in gelk/iggison.  Worst decision ever!!!  I got a suggestion for you guys if you truly want to fix the problem. Ban the damn bot accounts!

Edited by Hallo-DN

@KibbelzYou are all missing the real problem. the problem is not the luna instance, the only reason there s a bot doing luna is because it s the only way of making kinah from nothing. the real problem is How to make kinah on Aion nowadays.
Solo instance and sell stuff it s not worth it, ultimate item cost less than 10m. All I want to know is, can u still craft kinah bundle with luna? if It s a Yes, then you just going to create another problem, Auto-hunt is coming and people will use it to do the lugbug quest and carry on craft the kinah bundle so you solve nothing. Also You will break the economy, there s ppl that have 100b+ in the server those ppl will control the market for a long long time.

The real fix is complicated, 1st you would have to reset the kinah, 2nd give us a  way of making kinah but the way you can control the in flux, ex: instance drop, sell loot, You have a week cap per account. and so on

If it is the existing "kill 50 mobs in gelk inggi" then it will be bad. Bots will still do it and now we will have infested the main maps with them.

You could bring a new lugbug daily for this, if it is killing mobs it should be kill any mobs either in end game maps (gelk/inggi, lakrum, demaha, karalam) and also include the end game instances in this.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If it is the existing "kill 50 mobs in gelk inggi" then it will be bad. Bots will still do it and now we will have infested the main maps with them.

You could bring a new lugbug daily for this, if it is killing mobs it should be kill any mobs either in end game maps (gelk/inggi, lakrum, demaha, karalam) and also include the end game instances in this.

or another idea - if the bots are the issue - WHY NOT SIMPLY BAN THE BOTS ??? If the bots are the problem of the server instability - why make honest players suffer as well ?? Even if they make luna drop for mobs kill - bots simply will go there, what is it going to change ???

Hi again I think I'll comment about bots problem a bit.

I think it's useless for human workers like GMs trying to banning bots because bots are some kind of automate system that keep making accounts and farm kinah non stop I think the most effectively way is ban high profile players who bought kinah from gold sellers but again those high profile players are also whales who bought a lot of ncoins from BCM. Banning them will be bad to NCwest in short term but good to NCwest in long term. But before that happens NC needs to eliminate heavily loot boxes and RNG mechanics which requires to rework whole system because monsters and instances everything was designed to play with max gears(Which requires well a lot of p2w xD). That's why I said in my earlier posts back in last year that it's better just bring back the classic and rework from there.

I really don't know if NCwest can do changes that much. But one thing for sure if NCwest did try something even it's a failure it will not be in vain. A lot of us will do appreciated including me @Kibbelz 😃💗

43 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

or another idea - if the bots are the issue - WHY NOT SIMPLY BAN THE BOTS ??? If the bots are the problem of the server instability - why make honest players suffer as well ?? Even if they make luna drop for mobs kill - bots simply will go there, what is it going to change ???

Of course preventing the existence of bots would be the best. But so far they failed. These "nerfs" usually end up hurting actual players more.

Bots will be back no matter what and they will do the hard stuff better than the humans will.

If only they had enough brain cells to make all the 3rd part programs stop working, and ban all the accounts that ever use it again, the game would NEVER be in this situation in the first place.

If they ever want this game to work as it was supposed to be, they need someone with a brain working on it all the time,  to suppress all the hacking and s.hit to a point people stop using 3rd part programs completely.

But I believe it will never happen, so they will probably milk players the max they can, make a few more promotions to the extra dumb ones waste thousands a few more times, then close the casket over the dead body full on cancer that this game has become.

22 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hello everyone!

We're happy to share that we will soon be bringing back Contaminated Underpath this coming Wednesday February 3. After our investigation, we have determined that it would be best to remove and reallocate the Luna materials which dropped in the instance.

To account for this, a bundle will be added to the daily Lugbug Mission which will provide you with Luna materials at the same rates as the top-tier bundle from Contaminated Underpath. In exchange, all you'll need to do is take care of some Monsters in the surrounding areas!

We hope this change turns out to be a positive development for everyone, and thank you for the patience while we looked into the issue.

Happy Hunting out there!

This is by far one of the most confusing and worst changes you guys would make to Aion.

I hate bots, but fix the issue for real rather than nerfing everyone's luna who actually does it and needs it to keep up.

You guys are better off just making this a daily quest to speak to an an npc to get your mats 1/character/day rather than drastically changing how people get their luna

7 hours ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Unless the consumables are inside the mobs' azz, I don't think so. :c

The only mission that requires to kill mobs and we have it every single day available is the kill 50 mobs in Gelk for asmo / Ingg for Elys.

What is going to happen is that all decent geared bots that spawned in Panda/Sanctum for luna boting, will now appear in Gelk/Ingg, so yay more lag.

Congrats on giving bots a new purpose, Ncwest! You made it! You slowed them down for a bit!

I was wondering if they are already making a script to gear up alts with ultimate heatguard gear or something like that.

mXyr8VK.jpg

Look at the gear of the bots who hit level 80 solely through Luna daily

But they can get ancient weapon and armor from a simple campaign quest

Ancient Plume/bracelet come from 1 lower Uda run

Level 76 Inggison mobs have 6901 magic defense, and level 77 ones have 7979

Level 80 Inggison normal mobs have 11209 phy/mag defenses

Inggison elite mobs have 13400 phy/mag defenses

A new bot character are not going to kill level 80 mobs

Edited by TheSecretCowLeve-KT

They don't need to kill lvl 80 mobs. And SM in ANCIENT GEAR can even kill that weekly Spy BOSS  in pet build.

Bots can easily make a new script for farming marks (they already can auto-run udas, so it's even easier) and then get lvl 4 renown (auto do quests)  for getting ultimate gear.

It's like a bacteria you try to fight, and it keeps getting stronger.

But here they have the power to end it, but they are just dumb or lazy, I'm not even sure anymore.

4 minutes ago, Hallo-DN said:

I've seen several bots with ult sov full weapon+ weap logged in at the same time during the snowball event (all look the same). I think they will have no issues killing 80 mobs....

True, I've seen it. Also, I'm pretty sure they can also come with (if there isn't one already!) a script for farming legendary gear box in pf and idd.

7 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

If the biggest companies in the industry(square enix, blizzard to name 2) that have put 10s of millions in to bot control can not solve the bot problem what makes you think ncwest/soft could solve it?

NCsoft released Aion classic and it has 10s of 1000s of bots(more than NA ever had at its peak) that is for sure, This in a country where people say it is illegal to use bots or cheat. If the head company can not fix it why do you think NCwest could fix it.

On 1/30/2021 at 6:14 AM, Kibbelz said:

Hello everyone!

We're happy to share that we will soon be bringing back Contaminated Underpath this coming Wednesday February 3. After our investigation, we have determined that it would be best to remove and reallocate the Luna materials which dropped in the instance.

what do you mean by "bringing back"? I have been doing Contaminiated Underpath for several days and it seems normal to me.

I might add something a bit you can say almost all problems that persisting in Aion (including other NC publishing games) is from political issues. I believed NCwest can do anything if there's no such things as money influence so much. Why did 6.0 happened in the first place because low population ? Why low pop ? because they added more p2w mechanics ? Why population declining from 3.x to 4.x because they forcing everyone to pvp so they can sell more boost elite stuff ? Everything came from political and greed :/ Why they have to greed ? because they need to make money for share holders. Can NC tells share holders that we going to make players more happy and they getting less money ? Nobody going to accept that. Those share holders ain't gamers or even loyal to NC they just make a quick cash and sold for profit. Is it share holders fault ? No they ain't probably don't even know what NC products are they just checked graphs numbers and decide to buy or sold. You can't point your finger to anyone and said it's their faults. Everyone contributed to this.

I believed if NA going to be better at least it needs to be publish by 3rd party publisher so they gains some independent from NC Korea. Maybe NCwest can rebrand and make themselves unrelated to NC Korea. I dunno but that's something that might happens or not happens at all. 😉

1° Players will stop to purchase items for progress in your game
2°Game economy will start to die
2° New players never will compete with old players
3° Old Players will stop xP
4° Game starts to have fewer and fewer players
5° Aion will Die.

This is the sequence that will happen after this announcement. Good luck to all of us who are going to witness the death of the game.

I rly do not see the problem, they are just  gonna make getting Luna daily  from daily Lugbug. And Lina gonna be place to farm  EXP... Why are ppl so mad lol? There were videos of someone who spamed Luna on army of alts back in 5.x to get omegas and temperings... I am fine with this less work, i do not mind killing 50 mobs, takes like 5 minutes. Seems like ppl with army of alts  are the ones that dislike this lmao

1 hour ago, Steefy-DN said:

I rly do not see the problem, they are just  gonna make getting Luna daily  from daily Lugbug. And Lina gonna be place to farm  EXP... Why are ppl so mad lol? There were videos of someone who spamed Luna on army of alts back in 5.x to get omegas and temperings... I am fine with this less work, i do not mind killing 50 mobs, takes like 5 minutes. Seems like ppl with army of alts  are the ones that dislike this lmao

1) No more afking in luna for mats - less mats to craft kinah boxes...

2) People want to do them on multi- alts but will need to put some work .

3) My reason - Gelk will become a 3rd party program bot  fest, that might increase extra lag and waiting in line to kill mob in certain areas.... You know nc doesnt care about banning people.....

Edited by Hallo-DN

7 hours ago, Hallo-DN said:

1) No more afking in luna for mats - less mats to craft kinah boxes...

2) People want to do them on multi- alts but will need to put some work .

3) My reason - Gelk will become a 3rd party program bot  fest, that might increase extra lag and waiting in line to kill mob in certain areas.... You know nc doesnt care about banning people.....

Less mats in what way lol? You will get S rank bundle daily... Seems more easy getting bundle from daily Lugbug(depends on guest) 

And pls do not talk about bots when YOU want more options on Autohunt, as u stated in another thread, and i do not think it will "break" the game cause of bots. As i remember in earlier patches when there were more bots farming 24/7, i did manage to do my daily and farm crap i needed, and thats when game had more ppl playing... Seems to me that ony ones that disslike this are the ones that farm luna on multiple accs lol

This really only seems like an okay idea if it's tied to the "Kill 5 monsters in opposing faction's zone" quest.  Might even create some fun smol alt pvp from time to time.

Also if rifts are up every hour instead of shifting consistently, but that's a smaller point since renown rifts would be helpful for this.

I like the idea of having something active to replace the inactive play of Lunas, but as you're taking away something that takes no effort and replacing it with something that takes effort, the rewards should be greater.

Another alternative would, of course, be removing all of the people using scripts.  It's too late to remove all the players buying kinah, because that is, well, everyone.   

Best option would be to remove the bots, permanently, and do a kinah reset with compensation for kinah owned (some form of Gold Ingots or something useless like you always do, or maybe NCoin reward for kinah -I joke I joke-) 

From there you will have a clean community, you will not lose active players from bans, and you will be in a position to move the game forward and actually heal the damage done. 

12 hours ago, Steefy-DN said:

I agree with everything but the only problem is "open area grinding". Which means that bots will be in every corner of the map now, adding to this auto hunt function we will get, then it is like a recipe for disaster. It will matter on how many bots actually exist.

If the number of bots are a lot, it will be harder for actual players to find mobs in open field to do your 50 kills

Yes there were times that bots were in open field too, but not all in one map.

Of course we will have to see how it goes. All of these are speculations and things we think will happen. Lets wait and see.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I agree with everything but the only problem is "open area grinding". Which means that bots will be in every corner of the map now, adding to this auto hunt function we will get, then it is like a recipe for disaster. It will matter on how many bots actually exist.

If the number of bots are a lot, it will be harder for actual players to find mobs in open field to do your 50 kills

Yes there were times that bots were in open field too, but not all in one map.

Of course we will have to see how it goes. All of these are speculations and things we think will happen. Lets wait and see.

Yeah, it will be a terrible mess, have no doubts : auto-hunt + bots + luna nerf = chaos