Forums

Gemstone / Runestone slot opening probabilties

Most equipments:

• By slot type:
    • All: 10%
    • Red: 30%
    • Green: 30%
    • Blue: 30%
  • Bless bonus probabilities (gemstone / runestone have increased enchantment levels while socketed in these slots)
    • +1: 5%
    • +2: 2.5%

Exception:

• Dagun event (PC Cafe) 1-day Fierce Aureate accessories have 100% chance of all-type slot.
  • 90-day Ultimate Sovereign accessories have 100% chance of all-type slot, and cannot get +1 or +2 bless slots.

Yes, I saw those data, however I must point out that for me, blue slot was always the most probable. When I was wearing heartguard, I bought around 12 pieces of accs, 3 of them had red slot, 8 - blue and 1 - green. When I was resetting the slot on a bursting altar ring, it gave me blue 7 times in a row. Similarly, on a piece of feather it was a boost runeslot 5 times in a row.

15 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Yes, I saw those data, however I must point out that for me, blue slot was always the most probable. When I was wearing heartguard, I bought around 12 pieces of accs, 3 of them had red slot, 8 - blue and 1 - green. When I was resetting the slot on a bursting altar ring, it gave me blue 7 times in a row. Similarly, on a piece of feather it was a boost runeslot 5 times in a row.

I had a green and I wanted a red, and reset the thing and kept getting a green 4 times in a row, eventually I got a blessed green so I kept it for future which I now use. Gemstone/Runestone slot reset is not working with any randomness, it is guarantee you will get the exact same colour at least 10 times before you get a new colour, it is as if items have a predetermined attribute to them and that attribute is having the biggest chance to happen.

I am more than sure that this is their design of the game, developers are selling reset stones and people think they work, eventually when you get a rare item (not those XP mark items) you can just extract them and try with a new item, so people have to pay for resets which are prone to fail your goal.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
15 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I had a green and I wanted a red, and reset the thing and kept getting a green 4 times in a row, eventually I got a blessed green so I kept it for future which I now use. Gemstone/Runestone slot reset is not working with any randomness, it is guarantee you will get the exact same colour at least 10 times before you get a new colour, it is as if items have a predetermined attribute to them and that attribute is having the biggest chance to happen.

I am more than sure that this is their design of the game, developers are selling reset stones and people think they work, eventually when you get a rare item (not those XP mark items) you can just extract them and try with a new item, so people have to pay for resets which are prone to fail your goal.

No computer program can do a completely random number, it has to be seeded off of something. I will say the reset stones have worked fairly well for me, maybe I just got really lucky. I can definitely see where you blow 15-20 reset stones and get absolutely nothing out of it though.

I swear this game has code to try and figure out what you want when opening things like gemstone slots. My Vandal had 3 red gemstones in their inventory and I was opening slots on two sets of heart guard accessories. What did I get... all green and blue. I went ahead and purchased 5 more accessories and still got all green and blue!!! I can't remember how many more times I had to try but it was ridiculous. If you calculate the odds from what the probabilities given it is so unlikely that something like this happens. The chance to not get a red or rainbow is 0.6, (0.6)^17 = 0.000169!! That is 0.0169 percent haha. So now when I do this I put my gemstones in a cabinet in my house and I go somewhere else. It is superstition maybe but whatever.

6 hours ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

No computer program can do a completely random number, it has to be seeded off of something. I will say the reset stones have worked fairly well for me, maybe I just got really lucky. I can definitely see where you blow 15-20 reset stones and get absolutely nothing out of it though.

The true RNG is supposed to come from human input, and in this case it is the randomness of the time the human clicked. But if the algorithm is very simple or just badly implemented, some results are favored.

We had a whole course of "random number generation" (RNG) in the university and one of the things that was mentioned to us is that usually RNG algorithms tend to shift from looking like real random numbers and favor some results and thus are prone to cracking of the algorithm and risking security (especially when they are implemented in lucky digital lottery games where total randomness would have been the absolute best case scenario while patterned behavior is the worst since people can foresee the next result).

One of the quotes was we got from our teacher went like this:

"If you throw a physical and 100% balanced/legit dice 100 times, you can get the number "6" all 100 times,  it is a physical possibility as much as every other number combination in a sequence and as long as the dice is indeed legit there is nothing to talk about.

If you design an RNG algorithm for a digital dice and you get the number 6, 100 times in a row, you most likely know nothing on RNG algorithms and you will be fired".

Part of the RNG algorithm is to "appear" as random as possible.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT