Weekly Server Maintenance - February 10, 2021

Arctic

28 minutes ago, konKers said:

On my own research I could only find the extendable or the 1k PVE buff (or is it 1.5k?).

And I'm obviously referring to the extendable version only, as it is what we are discussing here.

I stand by my initial comment: the addition of those weapons is a nice touch, but they should make them available in all instance modes. It's a good placeholder until we get the new ones.

and 3rd option is with 1k additional attack 

fdddddddddddd.png

Edited by BlueMemory-KT

2 minutes ago, Mrplatino-DN said:

are u sure we getting that version? aion codex stats are the same as 6.0 weapons

no we were talking about new 7.8 weapons

3 minutes ago, konKers said:

Cool. Looks awesome. But we are discussing the extendables.

well this is same weapon. with upgrade from legendary to ultimate u will get either legendary again or 3 versions of ult. 1 of them is extendable 

btw chance even to get ult from legendary very low so thats why im saying for ppl who still dont have any to get in this event. 

Edited by BlueMemory-KT

33 minutes ago, Mrplatino-DN said:

are u sure we getting that version? aion codex stats are the same as 6.0 weapons

That version is the new 7.8 weapon, not the ones in this current event.

32 minutes ago, BlueMemory-KT said:

well this is same weapon. with upgrade from legendary to ultimate u will get either legendary again or 3 versions of ult. 1 of them is extendable 

btw chance even to get ult from legendary very low so thats why im saying for ppl who still dont have any to get in this event. 

Yes, I found that information too. 15% for a random proc right? Yay so fun! Not.

I don't know about anyone else, but can we start getting better events? I understand that the Tia eye event was exceptionally good, but these last few events have been so disappointing. The last event was only for exp, and then for a few short days also event coins. Now this event is for melee classes, or socketing. But when it comes to socketing there's not even mana stones that drop from it! How can there be a 100% socket candy thing without there even being a merchant or some type of reward for mana stone drops. 

Now, with the extendable weapons its great they're being added and everything but thats only for melee classes. Its not better then sovereign, so for ranged classes it has no value except to d/e or use as a skin.

And finally, with the event coin event its nice and all but there could have been better items added to the merchant that weren't skins. OR adding a larger variety of skins. ***ORRRR (this one is even better) you could have added motion cards for a limited time to the merchant, like new exclusive motions or bring back old ones like the dragon taunt, cutie dance, red riding hood, the phone one, white/pink parasol etc.*** I know personally I would DEFINITELY be going for those if they were added. I also know there's probably a lot of people that would love to have paragon up on the merchant, to piggy back off of tia eye or maybe even plat cubics,  or event keys for the contracts. Like sell the legendary contract key for 5k and the transform box for 4k (or whatever its priced at) and let players have another go at the transformation, minion etc.

I appreciate that these events have SOME value to it, its not the most useless thing in the world. But, I feel there could have been additions made to it so that they are better. It seems after one good event there's a big period of time where the events are quite lacking. I personally was excited for the valentines day events because I thought it may be a larger type event, sort of like Tia eye. 

In addition to that, is anything going to occur on valentines day itself? Like on Christmas how you gave out the weapon boxes to players logged in. Is something like that going to happen, either with the weapon boxes, manastones, event coins, etc.

16 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

I don't know about anyone else, but can we start getting better events? I understand that the Tia eye event was exceptionally good, but these last few events have been so disappointing. The last event was only for exp, and then for a few short days also event coins. Now this event is for melee classes, or socketing. But when it comes to socketing there's not even mana stones that drop from it! How can there be a 100% socket candy thing without there even being a merchant or some type of reward for mana stone drops. 

How dare you! You can buy them from the shop! What else did you expect?

16 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

And finally, with the event coin event its nice and all but there could have been better items added to the merchant that weren't skins. OR adding a larger variety of skins. ***ORRRR (this one is even better) you could have added motion cards for a limited time to the merchant, like new exclusive motions or bring back old ones like the dragon taunt, cutie dance, red riding hood, the phone one, white/pink parasol etc.*** I know personally I would DEFINITELY be going for those if they were added. I also know there's probably a lot of people that would love to have paragon up on the merchant, to piggy back off of tia eye or maybe even plat cubics,  or event keys for the contracts. Like sell the legendary contract key for 5k and the transform box for 4k (or whatever its priced at) and let players have another go at the transformation, minion etc.

I appreciate that these events have SOME value to it, its not the most useless thing in the world. But, I feel there could have been additions made to it so that they are better. It seems after one good event there's a big period of time where the events are quite lacking. I personally was excited for the valentines day events because I thought it may be a larger type event, sort of like Tia eye. 

In addition to that, is anything going to occur on valentines day itself? Like on Christmas how you gave out the weapon boxes to players logged in. Is something like that going to happen, either with the weapon boxes, manastones, event coins, etc.

Event merchant has some very nice stuff in it. Stigma Enchantment stones being one of them. You can enchant stigmas to sell in the broker if you dont need more stigmas. Or save the coins for when they eventually add some new stuff.

As for the extendable weapons, they should drop from ALL difficulties, not only the hardest versions of the instances. That would be a much better event. @Kibbelz

Edited by konKers

3 hours ago, BlueMemory-KT said:

there 3 version of new weapon:

1. eхtandble 

2.with skill

3. 1k additional attack (best on to put under any weapon) 

There are three versions of the new 7.8 extendable, but the benefits are a bit different. 

Theres an extendable for melee classes, but each version varies with stats and the type of weapon. NCSoft is bringing back the old mechanics for weapons, like when orbs gave Matt and crit and books gave Matt and Macc.

Only the third version (of ranged classes NOT melee, no melee weapons have this) gives the passive buff.

When it comes to ranged classes, theres two levels to the buff, when they just proc on their own. But level 1 gives 500 pve att and level 2 gives 1000. Versions 2 and 3 are similar, but in the end version 2 is better. Only by a little bit though. For the orb version 2 has a little less then 100 more att and a little more then 100 crit. But with version 2 you're giving up the passive ability, so that ability by itself really over shines the small amount of stat difference.  Version 1 on the other hand has 1-2k less att, and seems to just be worse in general. 

As for the melee weapons the only difference between the three versions are just stat changes. So melee classes just have to worry about smaller stat changes and just getting the weapon that provides the stats ideal to them. You lose and gain stats throughout the versions. The dagger for version 3 gives 617 crit, while the att is 5198. But for version 1 the att is 5390 but the criteria is 363. So you give some and you take some. 

12 minutes ago, konKers said:

How dare you! You can buy them from the shop! What else did you expect?

Event merchant has some very nice stuff in it. Stigma Enchantment stones being one of them. You can enchant stigmas to sell in the broker if you dont need more stigmas. Or save the coins for when they eventually add some new stuff.

As for the extendable weapons, they should drop from ALL difficulties, not only the hardest versions of the instances. That would be a much better event. @Kibbelz

You're right, at this point I shouldn't expect anything more. The event coin merchant is good, but its rng  based. Theres a chance you farm up 100 candies and only get 100 event coins. So all that time was spent farming for one stigma enchant. Personally, the stigma enchants are what I am going for I don't care for much else.

As for the extendable, its understandable why its only in hard mode instances. Extendables  have always been very late game and for the hard core players, they've always sort of been difficult to obtain and by having it drop in a instance that can be reset is quite a relief for all of those hard core players. If it was in PF, and SL ez then it may be too easy to obtain and the drop rate for it would have to be really lowered so its a more rare thing. But in the end.. at least you don't have to buy it (well... not directly that is).

11 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

As for the extendable, its understandable why its only in hard mode instances. Extendables  have always been very late game and for the hard core players, they've always sort of been difficult to obtain and by having it drop in a instance that can be reset is quite a relief for all of those hard core players.

The thing is, these are 7.0 weapons. Those of us who can complete the hard mode instances already have these weapons -- and we've had them for a long, long time. It's the new/returning/undergeared players who still need these weapons, but by having them drop from Frigida and Beritra only, it prevents them from getting them (in those instances). They should drop from the 1st bosses in PFHM and IDDHM, not the final bosses.

57 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

The thing is, these are 7.0 weapons. Those of us who can complete the hard mode instances already have these weapons -- and we've had them for a long, long time. It's the new/returning/undergeared players who still need these weapons, but by having them drop from Frigida and Beritra only, it prevents them from getting them (in those instances). They should drop from the 1st bosses in PFHM and IDDHM, not the final bosses.

That's assuming ncwest knows anything about this game and we all know they proved to us countless of time they clueless as nyerk , also the rate seem at wich those storm queen weapons drop seem rubbish :D

I'm sorry no has to agree with me and that's perfectly fine but 7.0 extendables from hard instances or fighting for them in VT and BENM is the equivalent of them giving us old table scraps. They had the option of doing imbued weapons which would have benefitted everyone far better and they didn't.

There may be more RNG behind Jorgos extendables but they are far easier to grind several of and far better in the end result. The stat difference isn't just minimal.

It boggles my mind when players come on here and thank them for giving us old gear when we should have the new stuff already.

They said they were going to work on fixing WB drops so that imbued stuff was more accessible to everyone, what happened to that plan? Out the window as usual because they would rather do the minimum required to keep a few high paying players around rather than satisfy the majority and try to attract new players with better gear.

I mean look at ultimate transforms, they mentioned that in December I believe and now that more players are within reach of being eligible for that event, they are avoiding it at all costs. The game is dead and yet they are holding onto end game items like their lives depend on it. It's ridiculous and more people should be sticking together to tell them how bad these events fail.

5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I know personally I was never able to farm up for the weapons in 7.0, even though im currently geared enough for these instances. Im sure some others are probably facing the same thing. But outside of that, this is just another copied and pasted event from KR. It would be a little crazy and maybe too strong for this event to release the 7.8 extendable - which shouldn't be in the game currently - like others were recommending. I think its just another way for them to add an additional thing to the event without it being too strong or unfair. 

The extends are used primarily in PvP as well as very end game content, so NCSoft still allowed those who could benefit from it to get them like through SL, BE, and VT. But this aspect of the event doesn't seem - in any way - to be meant for under/lower geared players.

not to mention u have players leaving a party while forming it all because some guild member called them...dumbest shit ive ever witnessed in a game b4!

then u have people  on ur gaming list thats there to help u out when needed but they wanna nyerk about oh i dont like that instance in pvp not pvp player but they run so nyerking fast when guild members called them though...fake ass people!

1 hour ago, Valedia-DN said:

not to mention u have players leaving a party while forming it all because some guild member called them...dumbest shit ive ever witnessed in a game b4!

then u have people  on ur gaming list thats there to help u out when needed but they wanna nyerk about oh i dont like that instance in pvp not pvp player but they run so nyerking fast when guild members called them though...fake ass people!

Thats just expected.. no one really expected for it not to happen. 

6 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Thats just expected.. no one really expected for it not to happen. 

It is wrong...Why do y'all seem to not give a damn about these wrong things  that go on here rather than just oh thats just how it is and if u find any problem with it we wont wanna play with u and find u annoying as is was now and always be the case it seems...what yall do is wrong and ofc as they say no one cares cuz no one seems to be the majority and the majority is wrong...y'all are not real gamers!

Then you have ppl leaving runs simply because they wipe on a boss due to lack of dps but rather than stay, play smart, as a team they just want some op person to just come and kill a boss in 10 seconds that requires 6 players to defeat and yall feel good when that happens...In every mmo you will find a person who when ask can speak highly about their community and i once was able to do that with great pride but based on what ive seen and continue to see i cant even recommend this game to anyone with any kind of pride with a basic understanding of right and wrong...ncsoft is not whats wrong with this game and its decline...look in a strangers mirror cuz when u look into urs u will always only see what u want but not whats really there or what you should or need to see as humans never look beyond the surface of themselves...Whats the point of having someone on your gaming list thats gonna tell you no when you ask them to help your party thats lacking dps when you have to run the harder instances that requires more damage? If you're not gonna be there for me when i ask then remove yourself from my gaming list cuz its damn sure not a friends list cuz my friends dont tell me no cuz i dont tell them no when asked unless im on cd and they would know that i am so if you know who u are please remove urself cuz i will be removing them today as u serve me no purpose being there...

19 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

https://aion.plaync.com/board/hotissue/view?articleId=1034544&viewMode=list&size=20

Looks like they adding a f2p way to obtain ultimate's in KR shortly.

Yes it will be about 1 ulti per at least 6 months of collecting materials (similar to getting a legenedary from lugbug every 2 months for free). Which should have been implemented from start.

A little too late, I know a ton of people had to quit the game because they wasted a ton of money and still couldn't get one.

35 minutes ago, Valedia-DN said:

Guess the issue went right over your head...

I never replied to your nonsense though, your rant was about people not grouping with you or leaving while forming. When you read a comment never take for granted people deal with your needs or reply to your comments.

My reply was for the fact the event is for hard modes and the drop is RNG filtered so the outcome is even worse.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

1 minute ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Yes it will be about 1 ulti per 6 months of collecting materials. A little too late, I know a ton of people had to quit the game because they wasted a ton of money and still couldn't get one.

Better late then never. If they do make a better patch in the future new/returning players will not have to suffer as current players suffered.