7.8 Update CONFIRMED for Feb 24th Maintenance

AriaTheMelodious-DN

Sept 9 Korea patch, We waited 1 month more than EU and we got the same patch hahaha and some skills balance will not be here (too necessary) but instead we got p2w minion, nice

I hope autohunt will be available or again we will struggle to farm experience marks and cubics

7 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

How do you know it is 7.8 and not 7.7 part 2 ? Many ppl say it’s the latter.

7.7 Part 2 and 7.8 are the same thing; it is (almost definitely) the last patch we will get before the 7.9 patch which Korea is currently on.

This september patch brings all the "part 2" / "7.8" features like the Yorgos Weapons, Minion Awakening etc etc

EDIT: Yorgos official NA name is "Yornforged"

https://www.aiononline.com/news/yornforged-weapons

31 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

I dont know how they expect us to farm up so many exp marks for the weapons. I know we had the garden event, but seriously the exp marks from that may not even be enough to cover it.

In other regions, exp marks were added to the gold sand traders you could buy 5 a day. Unsure if we're getting that as well but it's worth mentioning

52 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

In other regions, exp marks were added to the gold sand traders you could buy 5 a day. Unsure if we're getting that as well but it's worth mentioning

Well actually while looking over the post, it says nothing about Exp marks. Like it says "This promotion requires Essence of the Craftsman and has a chance to fail." So im thinking, maybe there's a small chance NCwest removed the exp mark requirement for it? There is always the chance... but then again its Newest so who knows. 

8 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Just when I said yesterday that 7.8 was coming next week, everyone was like « noooooo, it’s not 7.8 it’s 7.7 part 2 », I have no clue what’s the difference so I asked here to precise.

When it came to EU their updates were broken up, I believe. So they had 7.7 part 2 which was like the soul stone merchant and some other things (maybe SS  minions too). Then they had 7.8 which had the new weapons and all that good stuff.

22 minutes ago, Shokhan-DN said:

I hope that this new update brings more players and that the administration gives a good incentive to new players as well as an improvement in the ways to get kinah, mmorpg without trade follows the path to break

Hate to break it you but content updates like this one only end up driving people away from the game. 

✔️ RNG based weapon drop from end-game instances

✔️ Enchant said weapon through two useless tiers for random effects/stats you may not want

✔️ Promoting the weapon requires new material only obtained through extracting (destroying) the same weapons 

✔️ Promotion has a 85% chance to fail and sends you back to +10 upon failure

✔️ Minion awakening system that requires multiple Grade S minions to fully utilize, some people can't even get one Grade S minion

I've been trying the game again for the past 2 weeks and I'm already exhausted for reaching a dead wall. I got 1 shot by some gladiator in Lakrum and I didn't even have a chance to run. So yeah, this upcoming patch won't be any better, and I personally see no reason to keep on trying.

47 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I've been trying the game again for the past 2 weeks and I'm already exhausted for reaching a dead wall. I got 1 shot by some gladiator in Lakrum and I didn't even have a chance to run. So yeah, this upcoming patch won't be any better, and I personally see no reason to keep on trying.

Aion Classic is much better than the 7.7 we have atm. Just wait for that.

Aion was good up to but not including 4.0, then it went down hill.

4 hours ago, Aelar-DN said:

Hate to break it you but content updates like this one only end up driving people away from the game. 

✔️ RNG based weapon drop from end-game instances

✔️ Enchant said weapon through two useless tiers for random effects/stats you may not want

✔️ Promoting the weapon requires new material only obtained through extracting (destroying) the same weapons 

✔️ Promotion has a 85% chance to fail and sends you back to +10 upon failure

✔️ Minion awakening system that requires multiple Grade S minions to fully utilize, some people can't even get one Grade S minion

Dont forget to awaken the S minion you have to spend 99m, and then you also have to have the proper minion combination to get specific stat buffs or else its crap.

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Pvp is a joke, its very unbalanced and just isn't anything fun. I mean... I focus on pve and dont even own a pvp set and I still have a chance of killing someone in full pvp gear. But you either do the killing, or youre dead in .000002 seconds. 

12 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Pvp is a joke, its very unbalanced and just isn't anything fun. I mean... I focus on pve and dont even own a pvp set and I still have a chance of killing someone in full pvp gear. But you either do the killing, or youre dead in .000002 seconds. 

The whole game now is a joke. Even PvE isn't worth it because there's no content to do, let alone people to do with.

12 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Unbelievable statement o.O

10 hours ago, Flatten-KT said:

Yeah, wut? 

I think he means that Hard Modes are impossible to do unless you have a static dream team, and the easy modes are already done a few hundreds of times and people have had enough doing the same instances for the last 2+ years.

Open world pve is useless, no gathering/crafting/morphing or other pve activities, just early 2000s grinding style hoping to get cubicles. I personally now log to do lugbug daily/weekly and SAS/minion vault/HM (whenever not bored since I have more than 1 billion AP).

I do not do a single pve instance with the exception of LUT when I am feeling like doing something and since pvp instances are obsolete I also don't do those anymore. Some times I do an EC just for the fun of it and there is no fun, we either have enemies in our base within 2 minutes, or we enter the enemy base within 2 minutes.

PVE is either too easy with no worthy rewards, or too grindy for little to no rewards or insanely impossible so you simply don't bother with it.
So yes, pve wise it is a dessert for many people.

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I think he means that Hard Modes are impossible to do unless you have a static dream team, and the easy modes are already done a few hundreds of times and people have had enough doing the same instances for the last 2+ years.

Open world pve is useless, no gathering/crafting/morphing or other pve activities, just early 2000s grinding style hoping to get cubicles. I personally now log to do lugbug daily/weekly and SAS/minion vault/HM (whenever not bored since I have more than 1 billion AP).

I do not do a single pve instance with the exception of LUT when I am feeling like doing something and since pvp instances are obsolete I also don't do those anymore. Some times I do an EC just for the fun of it and there is no fun, we either have enemies in our base within 2 minutes, or we enter the enemy base within 2 minutes.

PVE is either too easy with no worthy rewards, or too grindy for little to no rewards or insanely impossible so you simply don't bother with it.
So yes, pve wise it is a dessert for many people.

I agree that HM is only doable with a static with an exception of pfhm 1st and iddhm 1st. Pfhm 1st boss is a joke, you can do it 4-man without heal easily. Iddhm 1st I did with lfg once and it worked ( without even discord). AoA is doable with lfg / a couple of friends in easy mode (because not everyone makes cubic for NM).

Otherwise if you have no friends in game yet, you have to pass through lfg anyway and try to know ppl and make some friends to do runs together. This is challenging due to low population (yes, even on KT elyos) but possible. But for new players without gear I would advice gearing up your char before posting, often ppl who wants to be carried and spamming apply/whispers are pretty annoying to the point of block. Current Aion update gives all possibilities for independent gearing - if you are lazy to get your XP marks gear it doesn’t mean the others are obliged to carry you and pass you loot.

As for easy mode, I do solo PF every week for kinah and gear for my alts or duo with my friend. Also doing some SL and BE, it’s always pretty fun. So I disagree that pve is boring/non-existent.

As for static dream team, I spent weeks with my friends to learn AoA and it was worth it. Persistence is the key.

Archived