7.8 Update CONFIRMED for Feb 24th Maintenance

AriaTheMelodious-DN

4 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I agree that HM is only doable with a static with an exception of pfhm 1st and iddhm 1st. Pfhm 1st boss is a joke, you can do it 4-man without heal easily. Iddhm 1st I did with lfg once and it worked ( without even discord). AoA is doable with lfg / a couple of friends in easy mode (because not everyone makes cubic for NM).

Otherwise if you have no friends in game yet, you have to pass through lfg anyway and try to know ppl and make some friends to do runs together. This is challenging due to low population (yes, even on KT elyos) but possible. But for new players without gear I would advice gearing up your char before posting, often ppl who wants to be carried and spamming apply/whispers are pretty annoying to the point of block. Current Aion update gives all possibilities for independent gearing - if you are lazy to get your XP marks gear it doesn’t mean the others are obliged to carry you and pass you loot.

As for easy mode, I do solo PF every week for kinah and gear for my alts or duo with my friend. Also doing some SL and BE, it’s always pretty fun. So I disagree that pve is boring/non-existent.

As for static dream team, I spent weeks with my friends to learn AoA and it was worth it. Persistence is the key.

I agree, I go to PFHM and IDDHM without a problem. And im geared for PFHM 3rd/IDDHm 2nd as well as AoA and AoA NM but ive never ran them simply because there is no static groups, and there aren't any groups looking for members. I spent weeks trying to find a group to go with for PFHM 2nd boss, and well... im still where I am. Im planning on just buying all my pf accs with the merchant, if NCWest gives it to us.

1 hour ago, Vasilios-KT said:

I agree, I go to PFHM and IDDHM without a problem. And im geared for PFHM 3rd/IDDHm 2nd as well as AoA and AoA NM but ive never ran them simply because there is no static groups, and there aren't any groups looking for members. I spent weeks trying to find a group to go with for PFHM 2nd boss, and well... im still where I am. Im planning on just buying all my pf accs with the merchant, if NCWest gives it to us.

This issue here, is that once you have your gear there is absolutely no incentive to keep running the hard mode instances, I got my PF HM neck 5-6 months ago? I've tried Frigida once since getting the neck with an inexperienced group. Even for these static dream teams, they get their gear and then pretty much stop running, and for many of those groups IDD HM still isn't that easy and it's time consuming. Also for some reason they still haven't added the platinum cubics to IDD HM making it near impossible for all but the top geared people.

18 minutes ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

This issue here, is that once you have your gear there is absolutely no incentive to keep running the hard mode instances, I got my PF HM neck 5-6 months ago? I've tried Frigida once since getting the neck with an inexperienced group. Even for these static dream teams, they get their gear and then pretty much stop running, and for many of those groups IDD HM still isn't that easy and it's time consuming. Also for some reason they still haven't added the platinum cubics to IDD HM making it near impossible for all but the top geared people.

There is some truth in that, mainly ppl who get their gear stop running instances not because runs are tough but because even for a static group it's always an effort to pull the ppl together, because of general lack of commitment. That's why I don't do pfhm/iddhm at all and just do AoA NM. And many ppl do the same. AoA is easy, takes 1 hour 3 runs and you get get boxes and gear your alts too. AoA is the best instance in Aion.

2 hours ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

I disagree that there is absolutely no incentive. You could run these instances and sell the loot even if you have everything. I see groups making billions a week doing this.

3 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Perhaps I'm lucky but I've been invited to do AoANM, IDDHM and PFHM 1-3 from 3 different groups. 

Archived