Aion survey

Kubei-DN

I did replied to the survey to be honest it's very serious.

But I think they want to take it seriously so I really put my serious thought about it.
I do it once and I won't do it again my opinions only matter if they want to listen seriously.

But if this just a PR stunt oh well so be it :P

9 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Received an email today about partaking in the survey regarding Aion and my opinion about it. Boy, I had a lot to say.

And after I finished, I thought to myself, what was the point if everything I said will fall on deaf ears?

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Could you share the questions asked in the survey? I didn't get any. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, konKers said:

Could you share the questions asked in the survey? I didn't get any. Thanks.

I can give you some idea. It asked how long have I played Aion, what do I play now, questions about Prestige until it delved into more details regarding current playability. It asked also about the Garden of Growth event, what do I think about the event, the Auto-hunt system, Transformation system, cubics, the cash shop, gearing, events, dungeons, lore, overall in-game stuff. My favorite question was whether I'm playing another game and it listed the most popular MMORPGs, even FFXIV, which of course, was my choice.

At one point it asked about details what do I think about current state of the game, to which I gladly gave my full-blown essay in there.

Ah, and it also asked about Aion Classic and whether I'd be interested to play it if it comes to the West, meaning they have it planned and/or in mind.

3 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I can give you some idea. It asked how long have I played Aion, what do I play now, questions about Prestige until it delved into more details regarding current playability. It asked also about the Garden of Growth event, what do I think about the event, the Auto-hunt system, Transformation system, cubics, the cash shop, gearing, events, dungeons, lore, overall in-game stuff. My favorite question was whether I'm playing another game and it listed the most popular MMORPGs, even FFXIV, which of course, was my choice.

At one point it asked about details what do I think about current state of the game, to which I gladly gave my full-blown essay in there.

Ah, and it also asked about Aion Classic and whether I'd be interested to play it if it comes to the West, meaning they have it planned and/or in mind.

Sounds like a lot of information. I wonder if they are going to listen to it...
Actually, we know they wont. LOL
Thanks for the response.

19 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

WHAT!!!! I want a survey :(. #feelsleftout

Wait you EU yea was it a gameforge email?

No, it's NA. EU doesn't call it Garden of Growth as such, nor that new map as Timeless Terrace. Could be a survey for those who don't play the game.

3 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I stopped playing when classic released in Korea and more so actually quit during the anniversary event. I just log in to get access to forums. Was your account inactive when you got it?

No, I've logged into the game about 2-3 weeks ago because I wanted to access the forums. I received the email tonight around 3 AM my time (8 PM Texas time)

I feel like this email is comparable to the survey that asked before they launching 6.0 in Korea about what horrible things of 5.8 and u know how it turned out xD

I didn't know many people didn't get it maybe you will get them in time. Anyway I'm sorry for my harsh words in survey but I felt really angry when I got this survey. I wondering where you guys been all this time ?

1 hour ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I feel like this email is comparable to the survey that asked before they launching 6.0 in Korea about what horrible things of 5.8 and u know how it turned out xD

I didn't know many people didn't get it maybe you will get them in time. Anyway I'm sorry for my harsh words in survey but I felt really angry when I got this survey. I wondering where you guys been all this time ?

It's an illusion of comfort, an attempt to show they care about playerbase and their opinion, when it's most likely shredded down soon after. They will pick things that look good and work it from there, compliments regarding the p2w, imbalance and transformation system will get a thumbs up.

It's always a bad sign when you cannot access the forums unless you've logged into the game in 30 days. Just as Aion JP started removing comments and threads criticizing the company and the game, such is similar thing here, just shrouded in shadows.

21 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

It's always a bad sign when you cannot access the forums unless you've logged into the game in 30 days. Just as Aion JP started removing comments and threads criticizing the company and the game, such is similar thing here, just shrouded in shadows.

That's a bug in the forum code. Clear all the browser cookies with aion in the name and it will let you in.

In fact I prefer them to come open a topic in forums and high authority figure like Gideon answering everyone question or suggestion one by one or even someone who hold higher authority than Gideon answering this will be better.

I want to tell whoever behind this that pretending problems don't existed doesn't solving anything either stop negative feeling toward to you and your company. Only being honest and truly care about your costumers will get thru this. PR stunt or marketing tactics won't work if your company care nothing about your costumers but their money.
If you married someone and care nothing about his well being but only his money  he's going to dump you for another woman. Being someone partner doesn't mean you have to agree everything and following blindly with your partner but you need to dare to speak about wrong doing and stop them before it's too late. If he doesn't listen now wait and try again when more facts show up.

I know forums is full of hostile people but you can't cherrypicked only things u wanna listen you need explain them first if they still persist then you need to review their comments whatever they do have reasons or not. In fact I supporting limiting everyone posts to 20-30 posts per month so people will think carefully before they post.

If NC is truly change first thing I want to see is someone with highest authority admit their mistakes and apology to community first.

Edit: this is all you need to read the rest is essentially fluff @Nalariel-KT I disagree, The thing is surveys are far more personal and thus are often answered as such. Forums are mostly people following social norms to fit in with the community to get likes on their posts.

The forums is not actually that hostile they are just toxic towards each other because they want improvements but consider their own improvements the be all end all of improving the game when the reality is everyone likes something different. It turns in to players wanting to invalidate the opinion of others through talking down to others.

Everyone has done it so long as you disagree with someone else on the forums. When you read something and you really look at what everyone is saying be it those talking about events/RNG/instances/PvP/PvE it is all the same stuff being said time and time again which everyone wants gameplay and payment improvements.

Example: I have done 300-400 hours worth of research in to Aion's 6.0+ issues not including playing P-servers to change my opinion about current Aion and what should be improved first before Aion could become great again. I Also helped over 60 different groups in to the game during 4.0-4.6 alone, I took 100s of randoms on their first EB runs when S rank was made complete-able which later made there own static groups who i am still in-contact with. I have a network of well over 1000 players who use to play Aion who would come back to Aion if they listened to their community members but the reality is what does that matter when it comes to posting on the forums?

Ultimately bringing this up has no value on the forums because the majority of players who are looking for game improvements care about one thing. Improving events so they can get their free items which is the worst way to improve Aion. This means me bringing up gameplay changes rather than event changes is going against the social norm of the forum setting meaning someone who wants gameplay improvements is against the community that is posting on the forums thus making them public enemy number 1.

Bringing this up in a private survey would be valued far higher for someone like me because it would not be tainted by mob mentality who want the games mini-game features to be improved where i want the actual instances/gameplay content to be improved and for events to be removed almost entirely. Now obviously they could just ignore my PoV but at least i would have the peace of mind that if they did read my opinion they got it from my PoV not from the PoV of the mob disliking my view.

Hi HealingSquid thanks for the response sorry for reply late but I couldn't read your reply instantly because forum delayed update.

When I said people hostile it has a cause because NCwest constantly ignored those people and never really do anything they asked including me (I got upset when I got the survey because it's like a joke after all this time). I never said when someone requested something they need to grant that instantly (free stuff from events if I understand you correctly). I only want them to response to those suggestions and explain why they can't grant them or at least says they will review and consult with team about it.

I don't see a point why you bring up your history and experience of Aion, are you going to imply that your voice has more value than everyone else ?(I feel a bit upset about this claim and I need to address about it I hope you understand)

Anyway my point about forums is they should give same opportunity to everyone not just me or some selective people. I believed everyone should be able to do whatever they want no matter skins,pve,pvp,crafting or housing. NC shouldn't forcing those people to do things they don't like because when NC forced those people just left.

I strongly believed that the big problem is come from higher up management and ability not to make decision by their owns.
I'm ok if they going to start over but I want to see official apology about their mistakes I don't want us to blame just @Kibbelz or Cyan or Hime or Gideon but everyone who is in NC wrong and I believed director or head of the company should take full responsibility for it.

I can't talk seriously about the game problems if NC(Both Korea and West) never accepted their faults that led Aion to the destruction.
I'm sorry if I'll reply late after this post I'll try to answer you asap if you still want to do some discussing.

I do not value my opinion over anyone else's,  I personally believe plenty of people have, Over time have their opinions devalued through the forum mob mentality. @Valedia-DN is a prime example especially when it comes to say ultimate transforms and why they wanted one vs why everyone else wants one. Other players were spending more time invalidating what valedia said rather than realizing hang on... you know what valedia also wants an easier way to get ultimate transforms just like us. It turned in to 2 groups of humans wanting the exact same thing arguing with each other and ultimately turned in to valedia vs the mob.

This is why in a forum setting the value of anything an individual says can be invalidated by say mob mentality and can also sway opinions of others(including developer/publisher opinion) creating a situation where some players who have valuable input are overshadowed. Often the reality of this is those who do not speak English as their first language are the ones who suffer the most from the mob since there are plenty of things lost in translation.

This means for a developer/publisher to actually collect relevant information i do feel a survey is the way to go because they do not have to read through all the opinions of peoples opinions on someone else's opinion. Think about those who put 100s and 1000s of $'s in to Aion yearly. Do you think they will have the ability to say what they want about Aion w/o being attacked by the mob? These players will not even bother posting because they in the past have been relentlessly attacked by the mob over the years to the point where they do not even bother giving their opinion these days.

TL:DR I do not value my opinion higher than others but i also do not value opinions in a forum setting simply because over the course of a conversation a players opinion can be changed/influenced by others out of peoples want to be apart of the social norm. This is why i feel the survey is a better setting for all to give their honest opinion not the opinion that may get more likes on the forums by the mob who are super salty due to the way the community have been treated for years.

Note: i frequently end up in the mob from time to time because i am quiet happy saying how i feel about what someone else has to say and i have also been on the receiving end as well. This is just how it is with forums and i think that is fine but it is not a good way to collect feedback.

No need to rush for a reply if it is late it is late.

What they did with Valedia was pathetic. The continual attack that she had was terrible and I am sure that most of the correct policy-forums would have acted more aggressively than she, if they had been in that situation. The survey is only useful if people respond based on their ideas and not on the ideas of a group or thinking of that group. I doubt, even so, the type of sampling that they are going to apply so that the result is representative of the entire community of Aion. And I play it, they will take the database, they will look for a suitable criterion for their current positions and through it they will make a simple random sampling. The easiest way to condition a statistical study to justify future actions to follow. The sad thing is that the results will be percentages and averages, it is not something to complicate with distributions and find the real problem of the game.

About @Valedia-DN I don't think she's the cause of Aion downfall or cause influence to anything on developers. She just posting even it's senseless and seems stupid but I saw a lot of people did stupid things even very unlogic even in my own family because of pride, arrogant or simply want to win argument. Although I do agree she needs to control about what she posting. Valedia I want you to understand that the forum is public if you want them to accept you, you have to listen to them and talk logically. If people don't like you for spam then don't.

Anyway I'm not persist about forums I just want them to give everyone same opportunity for the survey and I want official apology as a news letter from NCwest/Korea for mismanagement for years that led Aion(also other NC games) to this point if they never acknowledge the mistakes how we going to rebuild everything ? How I can convince myself this survey is something they take seriously more than PR stunt ? I believed this step is very important and must happened before anything else can follow.

2 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Anyway I'm not persist about forums I just want them to give everyone same opportunity for the survey and I want official apology as a news letter from NCwest/Korea for mismanagement for years that led Aion(also other NC games) to this point if they never acknowledge the mistakes how we going to rebuild everything ? How I can convince myself this survey is something they take seriously more than PR stunt ? I believed this step is very important and must happened before anything else can follow.

Yea everyone should of got the survey it sucks we did not but at the end of the day they do not owe anyone an apology.

As a company they tried to improve the spending habits of their community and it failed that is not something to make an apology about. It is a game and since it is a game we are free to leave it when ever we are unhappy with the current content that is provided.

Archived