Holy s@#%! a ultimate xform event posted and no one has said a word about it

Euphoria-DN

There are two sides in this argument.

Side 1: I have time to play this game for several hours every day. I don't mind the fact that I have to play 12 toons every day just to gear out my main toon.

Side 2: I think that it's stupid to play multiple toons in SAS, etc just to be able to compete with my main toon.

Personally, I used to be side 1, but now I am firmly on side 2. I got rid of every single alt account I had and deleted any toon on my main account that was solely there for Luna. I absolutely love that decision. I'm done with that shit of having to grind out dumb things on my alts just to get things for my main. I don't try to spend hours in instances anymore. I log in 1-2 hours per day to chill with friends. Some days I don't log in at all.

That said, both sides are valid. Side 1 people have time to blow on games. Fine, cool. If you're on side 2, you can either take a more casual outlook like I did and just say "hey it is what it is" and go with it or you can stop playing the game. Aion will never stop being this dumb grindy shit where you have to waste hours of your life just to feel like you've accomplished anything. You can either accept that and just be casual, or just quit. It's been grindy for over 10 years. It will continue to be grindy. It will continue to require alt character activity. I hate it. I stopped doing it. Y'all gotta make the same choice.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

There are two sides in this argument.

Side 1: I have time to play this game for several hours every day. I don't mind the fact that I have to play 12 toons every day just to gear out my main toon.

Side 2: I think that it's stupid to play multiple toons in SAS, etc just to be able to compete with my main toon.

Personally, I used to be side 1, but now I am firmly on side 2. I got rid of every single alt account I had and deleted any toon on my main account that was solely there for Luna. I absolutely love that decision. I'm done with that shit of having to grind out dumb things on my alts just to get things for my main. I don't try to spend hours in instances anymore. I log in 1-2 hours per day to chill with friends. Some days I don't log in at all.

That said, both sides are valid. Side 1 people have time to blow on games. Fine, cool. If you're on side 2, you can either take a more casual outlook like I did and just say "hey it is what it is" and go with it or you can stop playing the game. Aion will never stop being this dumb grindy shit where you have to waste hours of your life just to feel like you've accomplished anything. You can either accept that and just be casual, or just quit. It's been grindy for over 10 years. It will continue to be grindy. It will continue to require alt character activity. I hate it. I stopped doing it. Y'all gotta make the same choice.

I get both sides and I agree with you. But for me personally its not that Im not specifically on side one or two. I understand that its a grindy game, but I feel the amount of grinding for this one thing is so much that its absurd. To spend 6 months getting something thats been in the game for 3-4 years is ridiculous. Especially with this promotion a VASTTT majority of the server is going to have ulti transform. The only players who won't are the casual players, the new players, the returning players, or the players who dont understand how to get the contracts. There is no excuse for NCWest to not add the contract to be obtainable outside of the promotion after this. And im not saying make it easy, or make it Ereshikgal/Tiamat. Im saying just something. Players can't rely on promotions to get this contact. After a vast majority of the players have it, it should be added to the game in some way or another that can be obtained without promotions. Even if its just potions, and not those Kaisinel ones from Lakrum. To get to lvl 9 and then spend like 20 exp marks (I forget if its 10 or 20) on 10 potions... yeah no. 

I am only trying to state if you want to be 100% f2p this is the cost. The game is f2p so you do not have to spend a thing but you have to realize a game cannot survive if there is nothing funding it at all. So it gives you the option if you do not wish to work for it, to buy it. You can't have both ways. I think what we have is good its by no means perfect. In Korea I do not have the option to do AS since its only an event thing not a perma thing like it is here in NA never was in KR. The rates on combines if I don't use at least 4 legendary is bad and I can get screwed and drop down to Ancient being returned.

59 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I do have an issue with this statement. I stated, sure I play 3-4hr a day this was still true for before luna change as the 2 extra hours was afk in luna while I was at work not actually playing. I do not play 12 toons to gear 1 toon its the beauty of them being same account to play 12 toons to gear 12 toons. Each toon gears others toons not 12 toons for 1 toons progress. Why do I run daily and weekly on all of my toons on my main account why do I still do luna on weekends I get marks then share around these things on the account. All 12 toons on my main accounts have all daevas including DP skills most of these daeva on less used toons are only +5 max but still. All my toons have full pf and idd acc due to the vendors they also all have a full 2nd set of accessories from aoa they all have sov armor sets. I made a few xeross pieces for alts and DT on the rest of the pieces of my alts. All of my alts have minimum 6 advanced stigma and each of them also now have at least 1 S minion. You play multiple toons to gear all your toons faster since we are daily/weekly gated on progression. Not just all for 1

The game gets really boring since they give us clump updates instead of every few weeks how it is in Korea so playing all 12 of my toons and gearing them helps keep you always doing something in a game that is so stale because they ave such issues to just work with the community and keep us from being bored out of our minds here

I am only trying to state if you want to be 100% f2p this is the cost. The game is f2p so you do not have to spend a thing but you have to realize a game cannot survive if there is nothing funding it at all. 

This statement is kinda pointless considering BDO which is with out a doubt a top 10 performing MMORPG world wide understands f2p players only need to exist with-in the world in a playable state to make people spend 1000s.

This is why PA have given away nearly $2000 in 2020 and already given away close to $600 worth of free items this year and it is only February. 

2020 spending in games is for social status it gets you in the relevant groups/guilds so you can do relevant content so people can notice you. That is what people spend on...well the ones that spend a few 100,000 a year spend on that.

I didn't say there is anything wrong with people who are 100% f2p without spending a thing on the game I just said you have to be ready to grind for what you want. Even in BDO and yes I play it as well you cannot tell me that as a 100% f2p that you can progress fast it takes longer than Aion does with more work on the player part regardless of the free stuff you get each day and from the events. There is nothing wrong with f2p players but the game can't just give everything away and be free of all cost to players. BDO has no real end game its is all open ended sandbox type game so you can't even compare it to a game like Aion which has a finite point where you can finish the game and all content. At a point in Aion if they gave you everything there would be nothing else to get in BDO there is always something to get because its a sandbox game there is no limit.

There is decent enough features in place to facilitate progress in Aion somethings that are less desireable are getting changed such as the starlight vendors as well as IDD/PF seperate entry counter and soon to get in the IDD 100x weekly limit that give 1 random Sovereign piece to each player in party. These are good features the changes to events as well as our xform synthesis like I said or ever the AS like we have. If a players doesn't have time to do it is one thing but it does not mean that ways are not available to progress in the game. The game isn't perfect but I think its funny that always when we get good things again there is a large spurt of more people saying they are unhappy still

2 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

I didn't say there is anything wrong with people who are 100% f2p without spending a thing on the game I just said you have to be ready to grind for what you want. Even in BDO and yes I play it as well you cannot tell me that as a 100% f2p that you can progress fast it takes longer than Aion does with more work on the player part regardless of the free stuff you get each day and from the events. There is nothing wrong with f2p players but the game can't just give everything away and be free of all cost to players. BDO has no real end game its is all open ended sandbox type game so you can't even compare it to a game like Aion which has a finite point where you can finish the game and all content. At a point in Aion if they gave you everything there would be nothing else to get in BDO there is always something to get because its a sandbox game there is no limit.

unknown.png

$100 spent on the account 1 year 3 month progression.

Full c9 armor, Now take that in to account the equivalent of this type of gear in Aion is the gear that blows up at say +10 or +11. How many people in Aion have that gear that blows up? How many have it +15(do not forget they planned on making it eternal progression before KR kicked up a stink about it)?  Does NA even have the gear that blows up?

The reason Aion can be compared to BDO is because they are both korean grinders, Be it end game eternal progression systems like BDO or Theme park gear gets invalidated every patch Aion they are both korean grinders. This is why Aion and BDO have the exact same end game, When you get to the point in progression where you are satisfied you just go around killing people because that is all there is left to do in the game.

The difference is you can grind for a year in Aion(i know i did) and not get anywhere close to the top w/o events(which i missed the 2 best events). Aion is not bottlenecked by trying to obtain it is bottle necked by not being given the opportunity to attempt to attain outside of events and that is why it fails as a f2p game. In BDO even if you pick the game up at one of the f2p events that come around every 2-3 months you can have the ability to attain end game gear eventually.

In Aion i quit during the last anniversary event because it was a way to spit in the faces of your community, While BDO are handing out close to $500-1000 worth of cash shop items in their anniversary Aion are making you do long tasks that do not even feel rewarding because they do not want you to obtain they want you to spend. Ones like collecting balloons(which took the slower players like an hour to complete) or flipping tiles.

2 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

I am only trying to state if you want to be 100% f2p this is the cost. The game is f2p so you do not have to spend a thing but you have to realize a game cannot survive if there is nothing funding it at all. So it gives you the option if you do not wish to work for it, to buy it. You can't have both ways. I think what we have is good its by no means perfect. In Korea I do not have the option to do AS since its only an event thing not a perma thing like it is here in NA never was in KR. The rates on combines if I don't use at least 4 legendary is bad and I can get screwed and drop down to Ancient being returned.

Not to be rude, but I disagree. Yes, the game is f2p, and yes its a company that needs money. But, when you're selling off things like hot cakes which absolutely ruins the game environment for every f2p player.... thats a problem. Previously in aion, like 5.0. You farmed for your gear, you farmed for your minions, to go to CoE to enchant your Armor to go to BoS etc. In this game, you can spend 1000$ here and get full advanced stigmas, 1000$ there get a full +15 sovereign set, 1000$ there a +7-8 paragon weapon, 1000$ there an ultimate transformation. This is NOT how a game's finances should work, or how a company should get money. The p2w aspect of Aion is ridiculous and actively trashes on f2p players. 

p2w players are constantly given benefits to progress through the game without having to put in any of the effort. People say "oh its an MMO, you have to farm for this and that" okay but not everyone has to. You can buy whatever you need in the aion environment, If I was willing to waste money on this game I could have an ulti transform by now. Thats not how an MMO is supposed to be ran.

And you may say, oh they're just given benefits... not advantages. Okay, well what about Lunar and Solar weapons. f2p players have ABSOLUTELY NO way to get those weapons, or to even get a wiff of them. But p2w players? Oh they just had to spend 1000$ here and 1000$ there and boom they got two of the best weapon skill skins in the game. It hasn't even been put into any events, the Lunar and Solar weapons are exclusive to p2w players. Voidsoul was something that was obtainable by everyone, it was rare and costed a whole lot of kinah but it was obtainable. The lunar and solar weapons aren't obtainable in any way, except for the p2w players during that single event. They didn't even give f2p players the chance to get parts for it. 

And this current coin event, p2w players are given the ability to buy boxes which give them coins or an ulti transform, or to buy legendary contracts. Now, the box may not have a high chance but its still a chance. Do the f2p players get that chance? Nope, because if you count up all the coins we can get, its 441. So its literally like NCWest is dangling a big juicy steak in front of a tigers face that hasn't eaten for a month. The bare minimum they could have done would be to have included 500 coins in that survey they gave us and taken away the daily purchase. That way only people who play within that first week get it and f2p players have - a small but possible - chance of getting the transform.

This is NOT how an MMO is supposed to be ran, or how a company should be making money. NCWest is constantly implementing p2w events that seem to just get more and more expensive. NCWest doesn't even seem to care for the p2w players, I mean Jesus at the bare minimum at least give them a break. At the start of 7.6 you had the advanced stigma p2w event, and then I think an ulti p2w event, and then the solar and lunar p2w event. They are blatantly leeching off of these players and at this point they just aren't even hiding it anymore. These people had no break, it was just money after money after money. And what were the f2p players doing? Oh we were going around to trees and working on our renown so that we can try to catch up in some way to those players. 

Do you know what NCWest could do, but isn't doing, to make a WHOLEEE lot of money? Listen to what the players have been saying for years now and reincorporate the cosmetics into the BCM. The skins, motions, emotes, mounts, the little rings that gave minimal def buffs but no one cared about because it was a purple circle under your feet. I think every f2p player, and their mother, would agree that adding cosmetics back to the BCM hurts no one. NCWest gets a constant flow of income because we all know people would buy skins. And at 10$ a skin... I mean come on thats some serious cash. Id even buy some skins here and there. But it also improves the economy, idk if yall have seen KT-E's broker but skins are like 500-600m each.. adding cosmetics to the bcm can make skins cheaper which in the end can give p2w players things to sell and f2p players skins that are cheap enough to buy. And finally, it minimizes NCWest the need to add events which charge players $1000+ every single time. Im sure if NCwest incorporated an event which costed 50-75$ A WHOLE LOT more players would do it, then the ones that require a bare minimum of $1000. 

But in the end, if NCwest told us that they would be charging 10$ a month to play aion but there would be no more p2w aspects and the only thing you can buy are cosmetics.. sign me up. I am more then willing to pay a monthly fee to play aion if that means no more p2w. Its as basic as that.

Still, much cannot be compared. Aion should take a lot of things from BDO. No lag, low ping, and the progression is great. In no time one has equipment to kill bosses and can be inserted into the game. The cosmetic is suitable for those who pay and do not pay. There is always something to do. In Aion everything is different, and now it is just a game where people invest money to collect things that they will not use or will use little. PvP is only for those who pay a lot and PvE is on that path. When the dollar consumption event ends, we will return to the AFK (more than now). It is the only game that takes out and does not add (nahh if it adds things for people to spend). Without Free to play Aion would already be dead. And it's a shame, it could have been an excellent PvP game.

Pen and Tet. I congratulate you, excellent team.

Besides this Aion became very complicated (pure economy)

And although many do not like the beautiful Valedia she said something about this.

shainy-bdo.png

18 minutes ago, Shainygirl-DN said:

In Aion everything is different, and now it is just a game where people invest money to collect things that they will not use or will use little.

Aion has turned into a game thats pretty much like the stock market, but for the individuals who dont know a lot about the stock market. They invest so much money into this game, and yet there its never just enough and there's no major return.

1 hour ago, Shainygirl-DN said:

Still, much cannot be compared. Aion should take a lot of things from BDO. No lag, low ping, and the progression is great. In no time one has equipment to kill bosses and can be inserted into the game. The cosmetic is suitable for those who pay and do not pay. There is always something to do. In Aion everything is different, and now it is just a game where people invest money to collect things that they will not use or will use little. PvP is only for those who pay a lot and PvE is on that path. When the dollar consumption event ends, we will return to the AFK (more than now). It is the only game that takes out and does not add (nahh if it adds things for people to spend). Without Free to play Aion would already be dead. And it's a shame, it could have been an excellent PvP game.

I do not really compare it to the Aion of now i compare it to the Aion of 4.0

1. Blood marks = Seasonal server gear on BDO
  2. Siege = region siege but was on a bigger scale in Aion than BDO
  3. Crafting in Aion = lifeskills in BDO
  4. PvE instance running daily/every second day = the daily grind just in a different form
  5. Both games have enhancing gear.
  6. Camping instance entrances for PvP content = Basically guild wars in BDO as you are hindering opponents from progressing.

The Aion of 6.0 and beyond can not be compared to BDO because the Aion of 6.0 is exactly what you said something people just invest money in to and collect things with the odd bits of content here and there that people participate in. There really is no reason to actually play Aion because all your progression came from afking an instance for kinah then doing the mini-games like SAS minium vault and waiting around for events to give you progression.

This is why Aion continually loses players YoY as well as the money that goes along with it. The most annoying part about this is there are less than 15 changes that they would need to make to turn this game around 180 degrees and make it enjoyable for people to spend on and for people to play again and mind boggles me how their team can not come up with any decent changes.

@Vasilios-KT The thing I guess you are not understanding is there is a way for f2p players to get all of the things and also the players who were paying for these things did not need to spend thousands of dollars for them. I started a whole new account at the start of 7.5 I made the character during the FM event before the patch hit leveled to 80 and was ready when 7.5 hit. I currently have all of the things you stated the p2w players have and the only money I spent on this account is 135 USD for my prestige. I have a paragon weapon at +8 and the set at +5. I have 86/92 transfroms. I have the full +15 sov set the +15 DT set I actually have the +15 Bitterthorn set I have my pf/idd accessories and my aoa ones. I have a tier 2 WB weapon and another one at tier 1. You got me I do not have the solar weapon but I do have a lunar weapon that I bought from a friend off the broker in exchange for selling him a dazzling gemstone for his class. Speaking of which I have dazzling gemstones for my class as well I have advanced stigma for my main and my alts albeit only the needed 6 for set bonus. All of this was done in less than a year when I was more excited to play the game but now due to an even mix of boredom from how they give clumped up patches leading to long periods of stale content and community it is hard to have the same passion for this game at least in the West.

I have no issue with grinding you can get all the stuff if you plan out a detailed schedule and do the things you want to progress on and forget about the stuff you do not. Who cares about what other people have you focus on what you have. I get that we probably play in totally different ways and maybe you like some people just like to relax and hang out with friends or just chat in lfg and that is totally fine. For me when I log into game I have a plan for every bit of time I have in game. You can ask people I am in legion with on KT or DN I am asked to go PvP and I say no, why, because there is no gain for me I get nothing out of it. Sure I can spend time with friends and I love to do this but I don't wish to just sit around and do nothing or do something like run around the map looking for PvP when I can do more productive things with my time in game and I can just be in voice and chat with them while they do that.

The coin event f2p players get a free legendary 10 type just because this is not an ultimate does not mean that f2p players get nothing. If they want to gamble and most likely lose their mind at the company because they chose to gamble on an ultimate they knew was going to be a long shot by all means maybe I would like to see that because given the choice I am happy to be f2p and just take my 10 type and move on. Most events you do not need to spend huge amounts of money you can spend a little bit and be just as fine. Its people with the ego that think they must to have everything. You take things little by little for progression. My wife is a good example she spends money on this game she spends roughly 65 USD a month she is only missing 7 transforms she has more gear than I do. She has all the stuff you mention the p2w players have and much more since she has on 5 different toons.

TL;DR Like I have said many times this game is not perfect we all know this but there is nothing wrong with little progress in game and from the company for the game. We continue to point out the things that are good without being so greedy that we don't always get the best when we have by far the most generous region out of all of them and the bad we do likewise point out the issues and give contrstuctive criticisms on ways to work it out in the favour of all. I am glad for the hatchlings with decents rewards again the the coin event sure its nice for p2w to get the specific collection and things they need but f2p we still get a 10 type xform this is a win as well

@HealingSquid-KT Everyone is going to have their favorite type of game and this is fine and the region you play in is also going to affect this as well. I cannot speak to NA/EU BDO I do not know as I do not play there, never did. BDO is fine, it is the other game that I play, besides the occasional WoW. BDO offers a lot of different things and that is good but they are not really similar game to Aion. Things that you compared is the same for almost any game.

You have every right to enjoy your BDO just like others their FF or GW, WoW, or even the players who still enjoy Aion. There is no game that has no flaws and just like some people feel on Aion players they as well overlook the many flaws of their own preferred game.

I think NC is crapping the bed with how it is trying to do Project TL, BnS, and Aion stuff all at once. Its spreading their Dev teams out so much so I do not know how this is even going to be possible to meet deadlines for these titles which will negatively impact Aion Retail. So I am not trying to argue to company has work to do just saying its not as bad as people like to say. They are making good quality of life changes and fixing a few mistakes they have made. We can only hope this continues and things work out well for everyone

Archived