Old Stormwing Event Rewards Deleted Without Notice

Bitcoins-KT

Check  your inventory guys. They ninja deleted all prior Stormwing event rewards.

No mention of the deletion or even a implied potential deletion of these rewards.

@Kibbelz Why is it so hard for you tell us when you are going to delete stuff? The precedent set is that if you plan on deleting something you have always told us prior to doing so. I hope in this case a new precedence is not being set.

1 hour ago, Ferk-DN said:

Did you not notice that Stormwing event items have a warning at the bottom of their description  which says they will be deleted after the event ends?

Those descriptions are on practically every event item since forever. Did you not notice? Check your cube once and while.
Want proof? 
https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/5794-cyan-stigma-enchants-from-anniversary-dissapearing-after-event/?tab=comments#comment-61117

If you read this, it shows Cyan stating they don't delete these items. To be fair though @Kibbelz has since stated they will delete some items going forward. But he also stated there would be fair warning in the cases where they would. e.g Snowball Event.

This was a clear brake of precedence. What are they going to delete next without telling us. 

51 minutes ago, Bitcoins-KT said:

Those descriptions are on practically every event item since forever. Did you not notice? Check your cube once and while.
Want proof? 
https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/5794-cyan-stigma-enchants-from-anniversary-dissapearing-after-event/?tab=comments#comment-61117

If you read this, it shows Cyan stating they don't delete these items. To be fair though @Kibbelz has since stated they will delete some items going forward. But he also stated there would be fair warning in the cases where they would. e.g Snowball Event.

This was a clear brake of precedence. What are they going to delete next without telling us. 

The warning was there, you ignored it and are now crying about it like the snowball people when their event items disappeared last month.

2 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

The warning was there, you ignored it and are now crying about it like the snowball people when their event items disappeared last month.

The snowballs were said to be deleted before the event started though. The boxes from stormwing are supposed to be rewards and not currency. Effectively they can delete anything we get during an event at this situation from now on.

Anyways we now know they will be deleting event items with or without notice so it is better to open everything.

2 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

I remember reading something like this (but cant remember if it was here in the forum or in the game), where someone mentioned that the items would not be deleted when the event ended, but they would be deleted before the same event gets started next year.

I don't recall reading that anywhere. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Here is a link to Hime responding to the exact question at hand. She was asked specifically whether or not the original Stormwing event  pet rewards would be deleted or not. Please read her response.

https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/6734-hime-many-of-us-are-wondering-about-the-stormwing-egg-event-reward/?tab=comments#comment-69620

That was almost a year ago, and things can change a lot since then, as i say before, i dont remember where i read it but i knew something like this could happen,  and for the same reason i deleted  all items i had in my ware thinking there was no reason to keep them if they would be deleted later, and that was around september of the last year, when I stop playing practically every day and start playing once or twice per week.

1 hour ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

That was almost a year ago, and things can change a lot since then, as i say before, i dont remember where i read it but i knew something like this could happen,  and for the same reason i deleted  all items i had in my ware thinking there was no reason to keep them if they would be deleted later, and that was around september of the last year, when I stop playing practically every day and start playing once or twice per week.

OK well that's nice for you. Then why are you even here if it doesn't affect you? If you had any wits, you would at least stay clear instead of chiming with 'evidence' of something you read here (where's the link btw?) or in-game or maybe even dreamt it for all we know. Meanwhile, I've shown you hard proof, with two separate links to staff stating they wouldn't be deleted and if so, prior notice would be given. I've been playing this game for 10+ years and I don't often speak up. But this was a clear brake of precedence and I find it hard to believe people are trolling about this issue. Well, you'll be thanking me later if they do restore these items. Because if they don't, then a new precedence has been set and god knows what else they will be deleting in the future without telling us.

"The standard we walk past is the standard we accept"

They simply need to tell us those things beforehand. It would take them less time to tell us about it than code it and delete those. They clearly took the time to delete those, they could have taken 1 minute to write about it.

Aion is not life, it is not like they are trying us to see how ready we are for their next move. This is a game and i should be fun to deal with.

22 hours ago, Bitcoins-KT said:

OK well that's nice for you. Then why are you even here if it doesn't affect you? If you had any wits, you would at least stay clear instead of chiming with 'evidence' of something you read here (where's the link btw?) or in-game or maybe even dreamt it for all we know. Meanwhile, I've shown you hard proof, with two separate links to staff stating they wouldn't be deleted and if so, prior notice would be given. I've been playing this game for 10+ years and I don't often speak up. But this was a clear brake of precedence and I find it hard to believe people are trolling about this issue. Well, you'll be thanking me later if they do restore these items. Because if they don't, then a new precedence has been set and god knows what else they will be deleting in the future without telling us.

"The standard we walk past is the standard we accept"

You are the one who started this "fight" with me, i just came here to post a comment about this topic, and if you have a problem with that, well you can add it to your problems that need to be solved list,  i never said anything againts you or any other person who has post something in this topic.

And im sorry if you think that link is a hard proof of something that Hime said almost a year ago (which probable is the last time she logged in this forum by the way) you should already know in your vast experience that you have playing this game, you should already know that NC says is going to do one thing, and ends up doing the opposite, like when they said "we are not going to make this game p2w once it goes f2p" or "or we will be updating the in game shop on a recurring basis" etc.. etc..

19 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

You are the one who started this "fight" with me, i just came here to post a comment about this topic, and if you have a problem with that, well you can add it to your problems that need to be solved list,  i never said anything againts you or any other person who has post something in this topic.

And im sorry if you think that link is a hard proof of something that Hime said almost a year ago (which probable is the last time she logged in this forum by the way) you should already know in your vast experience that you have playing this game, you should already know that NC says is going to do one thing, and ends up doing the opposite, like when they said "we are not going to make this game p2w once it goes f2p" or "or we will be updating the in game shop on a recurring basis" etc.. etc..

It's okay friend. I wasn't trying to pick a "fight" either. I only felt defensive because you were drawing a distinction between my decisions and your own based on something  you read which isn't publicly available. 

Anyways, good news because the support team responded to me stating they are aware of this issue and are looking to restore the items for everyone effected in an upcoming patch.

11 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

The truth of the matter is, if you have not used last years Stormwing rewards by now, then they clearly are not important to you.

Therefore this thread is just an exercise in QQ.

All of your posts have either troll worthy content or terribly ignorant comments.

I personally had like 7 boxes if I remember, I didn't open them because my gear is done and I didn't need anything specific for the time being. I was keeping it as a box so when I finally need something I could open them and get that specific something I need.

The boxes are a rewards and they deleted our rewards. I have like 1000 legendary enchants and I have them for quite some time, I haven't used it, apparently I do not need those, they might delete them as well. The last 2 years I am using Kaisinel transform, I haven't used my tahabata since then, maybe I do not need it and they can delete that too.

When they are going to delete ->rewards<- that are still relevant they have to let people know the time frame, they are alienating players by pulling the carpet under our feet this way.

Now we know not to keep boxes unopened but we are learning it the hard way. I wont' cry over my 7 boxes but others lost much more.

On 2/28/2021 at 2:29 PM, Ferk-DN said:

The truth of the matter is, if you have not used last years Stormwing rewards by now, then they clearly are not important to you.

Truth? so now you aspire to it but what would you know Jerk, always attacking the post instead of acknowledging the principals being put forward while it's your baiting posts that make things look QQ. The original gist of the thread was to check your inventories as NCWest deleted things they said they wouldn't without notice. If it doesn't affect you pisss off.

On 2/28/2021 at 2:29 PM, Ferk-DN said:

LOL troll logic right here folks!

By this logic I should just delete my account since I haven't cared to login much since the original Stormwing event??  lmao 

Archived