New Patch With New & Old Issues

Rag-DN

Hey guys I'm back! ;) (can't keep this Karen from complaining to the manager(s)! )

With the new patch out I been listening and reading the community complaints in-game, via forums, social media, and throughout discords and figured I'd compile a list of the complaints here for our good ol' pals at Ncfai....err West* ! @Loki @Kibbelz @Gideon @Hime  

Let's see if we can get even a reply from them, shall we?

P.S.  If you as a player agree with any of these or want to add your 2 cents, please PLEASE comment on the thread. The more attention it gets the likely the staff is to read it or give us answers! Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Altar siege is still giving non-prestige members wrong rewards (They get stallium and regular shards instead of the new Dormant Crystals)

• Yornforge weapons are a total disaster. Because you need to gather so many of them for attempts players are being greedy again forming private farming groups for world bosses and excluding the rest of the faction on a server. Again this is another "Team work gets you nowhere, be a solo player to profit" mechanic.

• Motivation to form groups to run the "easy" mode instances is still next to nothing for most players. Even those trying to complete their item collection or farm kinah just solo them making the servers seem dead.

• Several Prestige Quests are still bugged and do not update when you kill instance bosses.

• Fatebound Legion Garrisons still take 2 hours to respawn if enemy faction kills them

• Several classes skills still display the wrong descriptions

• The rate at which we get manastones is not properly scaled for the fail rate of socketing.

• Hidden mobs are still basically camped by just a very small handful of solo players 24/7, some still using scripts to farm.

• Why didn't we didn't get the upgraded combat rewards officer to trade tokens for enchant stones like EU and KR servers did?

• Why would you remove the life cubics reward from lower Crucible Spire rewards? It was the only reason to run it.

• Regular stat cubics are still a pain to get

• Timeless Terrace Renown Officers still only offers 1 Fusion Agent per week total

• Xp Rates for farming in general are still horrible making getting XP Marks difficult

• XP Extractors are still too expensive

• Kinah is still hard to gain, esp for new/returning players

• New Luna daily grind is just too time consuming to make it practical on an entire account of toons

• Rewards from Que'd instances are still not enticing enough to spend the time to run them.

• Davionion Essences are now almost impossible to gain since you nerfed Luna farming, making enchanting skills twice as painful as it was before. (Once again screwing over the new/returning players)

• Ultimate Enchant stones are now even rarer since you nerfed Luna farming making enchanting almost impossible for all players

• The RNG system as a whole is still laughable for everything.

• Farming Minions to combine is still a grueling task (That event was nice you did a while back, but it was a Band-Aid solution for short term, doesn't help new/returning players at all get their S grade minions)

• We're still waiting on more ways to obtain Skins in game.  Seriously why haven't you implemented a skin vendor like Gameforge has?

• Although we have the morph recipes for Enchant stones, we can no longer obtain Legendary/Ultimate  Ridium / Kibrium / Guiding Stone(s) to do the morphs 

Wow, so since there is so much to comment on, I'll just start by naming one thing off the top of my head that is driving me insane and actually ties in with one of the bullet points the OP addressed.

Could you PLEASE please increase the number of enchantment stone exchange tickets we can purchase in a week? Just so you are aware, right now there are only two vendors that sell exchange tickets once per week: the Demaha renown merchant in Gelk that sells 5 tickets to exchange 5 legendary enchantment stones for 1 Ultimate, and the one Stellin merchant in Demaha that appears in a friendly altar and sells 5 tickets to exchange 5 ancient stones for 1 legendary. 5 ancient stones = 1 legendary stone; 5 legendary stones = 1 ultimate. For those who don't want to do the math, I'll do it for you. If all you have are ancient enchantment stones, using these exchange tickets, it would take you 5 weeks to get 1 ultimate stone. That is crazy on its own, but then take into consideration the FAIL RATE of enchanting. How many weeks do you think it would take to fully enchant an item to +15 using this method?

Could we get some help here please???

1 hour ago, Voltric-DN said:

Wow, so since there is so much to comment on, I'll just start by naming one thing off the top of my head that is driving me insane and actually ties in with one of the bullet points the OP addressed.

Could you PLEASE please increase the number of enchantment stone exchange tickets we can purchase in a week? Just so you are aware, right now there are only two vendors that sell exchange tickets once per week: the Demaha renown merchant in Gelk that sells 5 tickets to exchange 5 legendary enchantment stones for 1 Ultimate, and the one Stellin merchant in Demaha that appears in a friendly altar and sells 5 tickets to exchange 5 ancient stones for 1 legendary. 5 ancient stones = 1 legendary stone; 5 legendary stones = 1 ultimate. For those who don't want to do the math, I'll do it for you. If all you have are ancient enchantment stones, using these exchange tickets, it would take you 5 weeks to get 1 ultimate stone. That is crazy on its own, but then take into consideration the FAIL RATE of enchanting. How many weeks do you think it would take to fully enchant an item to +15 using this method?

Could we get some help here please???

Yes but lets not forget they will have a flash sale on ultimate stones soon enough. Then you can stock up at $5-$10 ea or w/e they sell them at these days. 

Gonna jump in here and say I agree to almost all you said there.

One main thing I'm struggling with here is kinah gain. Those extractors cost tons of money and I seem to be using them up very quickly, so at least daily I lose around 5m to 10m kinah and I have no idea where to farm to have some gains. I'm aware I could sacrifice my Marks to sell the gear from merchant in Lakrum but since I need those marks for other stuff (trying to get Katalam accessories), I've reached a dead end. Yes, farming instances to sell gear was a thing and I know it still is, but it doesn't seem to be a reliable tactic for me.

Enchanting stones are just another problem. I can try my luck with Gold Sand traders for legendary stones, but aside from that I have no idea what to do or where to go.

Timeless Terrace is very pretty but good Lord that soul farm is beyond atrocious. Those Jotuns hit like a truck and I can't really solo them, and I cannot sacrifice 7-9 hours a day to farm 300 souls. I farmed 60 for like an hour and had to leave because I've felt drained already.

So far there's little incentive for me to farm anything when everything seems to be stuck behind RNG and/or paywall of sorts. I wish farming would be like back in the days, took you weeks or months, but it was that sweet guaranteed drop.

14 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

• Yornforge weapons are a total disaster. Because you need to gather so many of them for attempts players are being greedy again forming private farming groups for world bosses and excluding the rest of the faction on a server. Again this is another "Team work gets you nowhere, be a solo player to profit" mechanic.
  • Xp Rates for farming in general are still horrible making getting XP Marks difficult

I do want to give my two cents about these four statements and how they're all truly connected. For the first one, from what I have seen Yornforged isn't making people form private farming groups for the world bosses, or instances. Thats always been a thing. Nothing has changed when it comes to world bosses/privatized groups for instances for Yorforged weapons. And why? Because the xp rates for farming are so horrible, which makes the xp marks hard to get. And then you have to spend so much kinah on xp marks. Why spent 100m buying exp marks and then farming up enough to get all those exp marks just for the chance of the Yorgofed weapon to not proc. From what ive seen (at least on KT-E) there's very few players actually going for Yorforged. To put it simple, aint no body got time for that. Since exp marks are the main currency in aion, outside of kinah, its a mess to make it so reliant on Yornforged weapons, ESPECIALLY since we dont even get the afk farming system. Yeah, if we got the farming system it would seem understandable, but we cant go out and farm up all these exp marks FOR A 2% CHANCE. Thats like telling a millionaire that spent 50 years getting all that money to just go burn it. How am I supposed to get anything with renown, armor, I can't think of anything else but you get the point, if I have to save up 500 exp marks for a single weapon.. its a broken system and not a smart one. It would be much smarter to eliminate the exp mark aspect from it and increase the fragments needed from d/eing. 

And to put it simple. Yorforged = ENDDDD game players with ungodly amounts of kinah they dont know what to do with and nothing else to do. 

I have kind of just been lurking in the forums for a while only due to the overwhelming negative feedback from players I have seen. I just don't think as an on and off again player I really can justify my inputs. I can give my experience here as I guess I qualify as a new/returning player.

A little back story for me I had played this game at Day one I watched all the Korean videos for the game and just instantly fell in love I started off as Asmodian on Zikel server playing solo in my own legion for the longest time just hanging out with friends I made a long the way I was a chanter named Holymolee I loved the game very much later I would join the legion Breath of Chaos and enjoyd my time playing around 2.5 time with the new expansion I had moved to Israphel elyos side because I found some new friends to play with I was in the legion Raining Blood and played a Templar named Xuna. I met many new friends and enjoyed this legion very much I still try to keep in touch with my friend Lily and Priscilla that I had while playing there. I quit the game like many in my legion did around middle of 3.0 or f2p here the game just didn't feel the same and I had irl things to do with uni. I played every now and again but it was just never the same after the f2p change many went to Tera or other games. I tried to give it a hard chance again in 4.0 but this time was an awful experience for me and I started to only play when my friends wanted me to come and PvP as I was playing Spiritmaster and they could use the aoe fears. I pretty much quit again not coming back until 5.0 release and I hit 75 then quit again due to irl reasons I came back again at the end of 5.0 but I felt so far behind that I couldn't really participate in a lot of content. I played through the "end of the world" event before 6.0 and moved to the EK new server with some new friends that I had made when EK closed down I played for a while until my friends transfered off KT and I did not have the money to do so so I quit. I really wanted to come back to the game so I tried in 7.0 but I just didn't have anyone to play with so I quit until the last 11 year anniversary. I ended up getting lucky from what I was told as I had recieved an Ultimate transform from the event and I know this is rare and I am still playing Aion to this day currently

Back to the topic, I agree with many of the things that has been stated about the game currently. The gear pacing is horrendous you rush to level cap then you realize the game gets much more difficult and you can't do very much content at all. Then you manage to farm up basic gears but this is definetly not enough to PvP in and PvE feels so trivial and you cannot actually obtain better gear for quite a while. I do fortunately have a small group of maybe 16 players I play with regularly on DN-A side so this greatly helps but for the last almost year I have been playing I have leveled the 12 characters like I have been told to do Luna and Splinter it feels awful redoing progression on alt characters. As far as a lot of obtainable items for progression unless I am playing strictly my main and not my alts it is very very slow I need my alts to feed my main to progress with speed. I do not really like this. I can obtain all the things people are talking about in game but it takes dedication and effort which I can see not everyone has. I am not old I am 30 and I have played mmo's for quite a while and I don't think Aion is different from a lot of them. I guess some players are just use to other types of MMORPG's.

I have collected in the year now 68 of the transforms and I am happy about this. Cubics I agree is such a long tedious grind that I really can't keep myself interested enough to do every day. I have now gotten most of my gear done. I have Sovereign gear it is enchanted. I have my full set of the Bitterthorn PvP gear but it is only at +4. I have almost full aoa accessories I am missing 1 earring but I am getting all my Primith Forge and IDD accessories so it less of a big deal to me. Kinah I agree it is harder with the change to luna I am sitting at 280m and I need too much that I am not gaining as much as I feel I need. I can gain good kinah but I sacrifice my progression to do so. I like the game for a few things and I dislike the game for a considerable few other things but those things are all Quality of Life changes I feel from as least what I read in the forums they Dev's and CM and open to looking to the community to discuss and try to work on. I just thought I would give a little insight as a returning player who has been on and off since release. I know this was incredibly long and probably hard to read. Thank you to those who read and hear my opinion. Have a great day and hope to see some of you on the battlefields. 

I hope fate finds you strong. haha

23 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

Hey guys I'm back! ;) (can't keep this Karen from complaining to the manager(s)! )

With the new patch out I been listening and reading the community complaints in-game, via forums, social media, and throughout discords and figured I'd compile a list of the complaints here for our good ol' pals at Ncfai....err West* ! @Loki @Kibbelz @Gideon @Hime  

P.S.  If you as a player agree with any of these or want to add your 2 cents, please PLEASE comment on the thread. The more attention it gets the likely the staff is to read it or give us answers! Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------Dude you kill it !

95 % agree with all this. The 50/50 quest is important that how you farm minion A rank, 1 every 2 week!

They need to fix the drop rate of lockbox keys( 1 every year make no sense )

They need to fix the price all item in the prestige vendor what a joke...

I hope nobody read ur post @Rag-DN, cause you just give all reason why that game is rubbish :S 

source.gif

I agree with this, but also i feel it’s good. The devs don’t even show any attention to players or care at all about the major concerns were facing every day while playing the game. This list should honestly be plastered all over the site. If i was a new or returning player I would get very disappointed if i had to go through all of this and find all these errors on my own. 

55 minutes ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

I hope nobody read ur post @Rag-DN, cause you just give all reason why that game is rubbish :S

On 3/1/2021 at 10:03 AM, Rag-DN said:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Altar siege is still giving non-prestige members wrong rewards (They get stallium and regular shards instead of the new Dormant Crystals)

• Motivation to form groups to run the "easy" mode instances is still next to nothing for most players. Even those trying to complete their item collection or farm kinah just solo them making the servers seem dead.

• Several Prestige Quests are still bugged and do not update when you kill instance bosses.

• Fatebound Legion Garrisons still take 2 hours to respawn if enemy faction kills them

• Several classes skills still display the wrong descriptions

• The rate at which we get manastones is not properly scaled for the fail rate of socketing.

• Hidden mobs are still basically camped by just a very small handful of solo players 24/7, some still using scripts to farm.

• Why didn't we didn't get the upgraded combat rewards officer to trade tokens for enchant stones like EU and KR servers did?

• Why would you remove the life cubics reward from lower Crucible Spire rewards? It was the only reason to run it.

• Regular stat cubics are still a pain to get

• Timeless Terrace Renown Officers still only offers 1 Fusion Agent per week total

• New Luna daily grind is just too time consuming to make it practical on an entire account of toons

• Rewards from Que'd instances are still not enticing enough to spend the time to run them.

• Davionion Essences are now almost impossible to gain since you nerfed Luna farming, making enchanting skills twice as painful as it was before. (Once again screwing over the new/returning players)

• Ultimate Enchant stones are now even rarer since you nerfed Luna farming making enchanting almost impossible for all players

• The RNG system as a whole is still laughable for everything.

• Farming Minions to combine is still a grueling task (That event was nice you did a while back, but it was a Band-Aid solution for short term, doesn't help new/returning players at all get their S grade minions)

• We're still waiting on more ways to obtain Skins in game.  Seriously why haven't you implemented a skin vendor like Gameforge has?

• Although we have the morph recipes for Enchant stones, we can no longer obtain Legendary/Ultimate  Ridium / Kibrium / Guiding Stone(s) to do the morphs 

You have right on somethings so I will let you have that and just give little info on some of the things you have issues with just because maybe you didn't know about them from returning. The new Yornforged weapon can also be acquired through PvE instances so this is another way to obtain them. The Crucible Spire you are correct does not give HP cubic any more but instead it gives experience crystals and XP extractors when you finish it along with PvE stones and transformation contracts. I got 150% so 3 XP marks and funny enough I got 3 XP extractors from 1 run as well so 9 per week or 2 if you run Middle floor once for those PvE enchant stones, manastones, and Title. Pods pop all through the day many times and it is easy to grind out a few a day so manastones ancient and legendary should not be a big problem to get. Some of the things you totally have right and I agree and a few I don't know what you mean on this but it is nevermind I hope the little bit of information I had helps. Hopefully we get 7.9 soon to give the rest of the good changes to getting the quick Sov gear on new/returning/alt players and the rest of the topics like retuning and cost will get adresssed by pressing our concerns to @Kibbelz so he can bring it up in meetings.

Thanks for the post

My BIGGEST gripe with the game at the moment is the how AP Runestones are mandatory for abyss ranks, and the level of the runestone is almost entirely dependant on how much real money someone throws at the game.

Abyss ranks should not be determined on the depth of one's pocket.

Archived