Make Hourglass not start expiring since we log into the game

HelliosRed-KT

The Hourglass item that we receive as soon as logging  into the game and take the  Lugbug's "Start" reward, immediately begins to  expire.  It only lasts for 2 hours. We usually log in and need some time to think what we will do with this character today, kinda sort out the things in the inventory, go to Luna, wait for other characters , to log in,  do Luna, dress up, do the hair, clean up the bag , look at how many kinah, exp marks, renown level, enchants, successfully and unsuccessfully tuned gear items, how good some gear looks on them , etc  etc and lots of casual things. Then if I decide that certain characters need to grow their Lakrum renown and I wanna do it right now, they already spent like 30-40 min after their login, + I spend some more 15-30 min to form a group, to write and put certain marcos into their quickbars to be able to follow each other. And then some ridiculous hour remains as we enter Lakrum at last and start to search for bases gviving quests or/and take new quests  from  all those npcs standing at the Temple. Those quests since 7.x patches became very complicated and boring in the way of receiving them. So many times clicking on one npc for receiving some nyerking ticket, then go to someone else with this ticket and take another quest until I receive the actual quests to do, it takes a very long time and dissipates my  attention and energy!  Why not give us simply quests to do, quickly, like it was on previous patches when we earned Genesis Crystals? That way of getting quests was much simplier and better! At the same time there was no limitation like the nyerking Hourglass.  Now that   NCSoft insists on that limitation to the time when we can grow Lakrum, Demaha, Katalam  renown, why do they make it expire while we are in Gelkmaros?? Why do they make it expire when we are offline? It's not when we grow our renown, is it???  Please could you do something so the Hourglass item getting to our inventory on the login reward, would't start to expire since that very moment but only since we go through the dimensional gates to those locations!  Then, there is some Lugbug's quest saying "Do Veilbreaker legion's quests 3 times".  Did  anyone ever have enough time during 1 day with 1 Hourglass lasting 2 hrs, to complete those quests 3 times? But the bases? I usually do a bunch of quests, what is around, characters are different, their completedness of Lakrum campaigns and quests is different, so I just do what is around, at the same time trying not to miss when another base becomes ours and it's possible to get and do quests for it. All my work in Lakrum ends abruptly when the nyerking Hourglass expires. With that, broken unfinished quests and all sorts of disorder. Please bring more logics and order into it by spending Hourglass when we are really in the battlefield locations!!

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

In this case it is wiser not to claim the lugbug instantly until you need the time then. I am usually only spending a few minutes in shared maps so I rarely lose enough time to use it daily.

It's kinda sounds easy "not to claim the Lugbug instantly" but requires a lot to adjust my mind.  First, with the Start gift Lugbug also gives event items like storm tokens now, or other items on other events, and I'm interested in getting these items. In my time belt (CT+9) I often play before and after the day reset (it happens here on 18.00), and I visit many toons during a day.  For example, I logged in to some character several hours before the reset and decide not to open the lugbug start gift because I wanna spare it for a later time. Then I have to log out of that toon because I need to visit others. Then, as I logged out of a character , I  stop seeing their Lugbug window and may forget. Then, I usually run out of time on a lot of things, it turns out that I won't have time to play that toon before 18.00. Then I simply lose that Lugbug gift if I don't log in to that toon again and take the gift before 18.00. What if I logged out of that account and all my Aion windows are busy with toons standing in Luna instance or I do some important event stuff on them (earning storm tokens or things like that)  that i can't quickly finish and I need to complete them  urgently before the reset? It's very uncomfortable!  The Aion client loads slowly, like 2-3 min. To log in and out, and then again in the same account is pain in the ass and also crashes happen. Then it turns out a big sacrifice and without use.  I would better never leave an account or  leave it when all daily things are done and no untaken daily gifts are left.  I think it's   it's illogical and injustifiable that Hourglass expires after I log out of a character. All normal buffs stop expiring when you log out of the game, then why must this one expire??? 

Please don't let it expire while a character is offline! You can remove it on the next day reset (9.00 AM CT)  so they won't accumulate, but let the players choose the comfortable time to spend this thing during their day! 

I maybe not completely understand how this thing works. When I log in to a character I often see they have some minutes (20-40) of Hourglass in their buffs on the top. Does it mean that this buff doesn't expire when off line? Then, If I took the Lugbug Start gift and some time has passed, I have Hourglass in my inventory  saying like "Expires in 1h 41 min". Then if I click to open it, it disappears in the inventory but the buff on the top says "2h". It won't say minutes. How much is really there? If there was 25 min and I opened the item in the inventory on 1h 40min of expiration, are they summarized with each other and give like 2h 05 min? But what if I have no buff on the top of the page and open the Hourglass in the inventory with some time like 30 min, will it give me 2 hours or 30 min? remind me please. And also, what use it from auto-recharging function?I tried to understand it, does it allow to add any more time to what I have without it or not? I used to turn it on but my time used to expire, I didn't feel a difference. If I opened the item in the inventory after my buff on the top ended, and if I have like 30 min in the buff on the top and try to right-click on it to activate auto-recharge, it used to write me like "it's impossible when you don't have the item in your inventory". Today I tested it again, I opened the item in the inventory, got 2+ hours in the buff on the top, then right-clicked on this buff, it became "glistening" like activated and writes "Auto-recharging". Then, why does it work now if there is no item in the inventory?      

Also, some strange things happen some time on some characters. For example, I opened the Hourglass item on a certain character at approx. 1h 40m before expiration, had something like 25-30 min in the buff on the top, got 2h  written on the top, and he has been standing at home, now I see the session length 48 min but the buff on the top continues to write "2h", what is happening? Why didn't it decrease? 

Please I suggest that the writing on the buff on the top showed not only hours but also minutes! It only shows minutes when it's less than 1h.

5 hours ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

I maybe not completely understand how this thing works. When I log in to a character I often see they have some minutes (20-40) of Hourglass in their buffs on the top. Does it mean that this buff doesn't expire when off line? Then, If I took the Lugbug Start gift and some time has passed, I have Hourglass in my inventory  saying like "Expires in 1h 41 min". Then if I click to open it, it disappears in the inventory but the buff on the top says "2h". It won't say minutes. How much is really there? If there was 25 min and I opened the item in the inventory on 1h 40min of expiration, are they summarized with each other and give like 2h 05 min? But what if I have no buff on the top of the page and open the Hourglass in the inventory with some time like 30 min, will it give me 2 hours or 30 min? remind me please. And also, what use it from auto-recharging function?I tried to understand it, does it allow to add any more time to what I have without it or not? I used to turn it on but my time used to expire, I didn't feel a difference. If I opened the item in the inventory after my buff on the top ended, and if I have like 30 min in the buff on the top and try to right-click on it to activate auto-recharge, it used to write me like "it's impossible when you don't have the item in your inventory". Today I tested it again, I opened the item in the inventory, got 2+ hours in the buff on the top, then right-clicked on this buff, it became "glistening" like activated and writes "Auto-recharging". Then, why does it work now if there is no item in the inventory?      

This hourglass counts down when you are on a shared map, when you are on the normal maps (or instances) it doesn't wear off. And of course it doesn't wear off while you are logged out. It wears off in Lakrum, Demaha and Katalam, it doesn't wear off in all other maps including Timeless Terrace. Also if you enter an instance in a shared map (like Lakrum->Herelym Mine) while you are in there, it doesn't wear off too.

When you claim the hourglass from lugbug it starts counting down on itself, if you do not use it within 2 hours, it will simply vanish. To use it you need to have enough room for the amount it replenishes your hourglass, for example if you have 280 minutes on your buff, you only have enough room for 20 more minute until 300, so a 120 minute hourglass scroll cannot be used. To use it you need to be at 180minutes or less on your buff.

Lets say you are at 185 minutes on your buff and you just claimed the lugbug, you cannot use it, but if you go to a shared map and stay for at least 5 minutes, your hourglass buff will go to 180 or less, now you can use the 120 minute hourglass scroll and replenish your hourglass buff. It doesn't matter if you use the hourglass scroll right at start or slightly before it vanishes, its timer is only for self-vanishing.

The hourglass scroll can either replenish 120 minutes or 60 minutes, the timer it has on itself is irrelevant to that, it is just a timer one when it will vanish unless used.

When you have 125 minutes on your buff, it says 2h on the buff icon (it omits the additional minutes, because you are at 2 hours and 5 minutes), if you hover on it it will say the exact number. If you have 119 minutes the icon will say 1h (but if you hover it will say 1 hour and 59 minutes).

4 hours ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

What does the writing here mean? "The item will be deleted at a predetermined time when the event ends"? Which event? When? The event that gave these things ended long ago.  Please can NCSoft give more clear information if some items are to be deleted??

sqaO79v.png

This thing is a pouch, it won't get deleted, this message exists in pretty much everything in game, most things never get deleted, but they put it there in case they decide to pull the rug under your feet so you cannot complain they deleted that because "it is mentioned in the description". It is like a white check, they can fill it whenever they want.

Once you open the pouch you get a 120 hourglass scroll that does expire after 2 hours if not used same to the lugbug one you get every day.

5 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The hourglass scroll can either replenish 120 minutes or 60 minutes, the timer it has on itself is irrelevant to that, it is just a timer one when it will vanish unless used.

Thank you very much, very useful answer :)

120 min OR 60 min? In what conditions does it replenish 60 min? I noticed that it doesn't open in inventories of characters who have 3h buff.  It opens on those who have 2h and their buff becomes 4h. I don't know if was exactly 4h or more. About hovering - I didn't try yet, thanks for the advice. 

16 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

Thank you very much, very useful answer :)

120 min OR 60 min? In what conditions does it replenish 60 min? I noticed that it doesn't open in inventories of characters who have 3h buff.  It opens on those who have 2h and their buff becomes 4h. I don't know if was exactly 4h or more. About hovering - I didn't try yet, thanks for the advice. 

If you see lugbug gives you two hourglasses, one for free and one when you finish a lugbug daily. The free is 120 minutes, the other one is 60 minutes.

ryrtyry.jpg

You can also buy additional hourglasses with xp marks from renown npcs  of Katalam, Lakrum and Demaha, they sell a 60 minute hourglass inside a pouch for 1 xp mark, and you can buy 2x per week.

Archived