Jump to content
Forums

The jump system and how bad NCSoft handled it


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone. I played Aion for a long time, but in the past few years the game didn't feel the same and I didn't really feel like playing it anymore. After receiving this email from NCSoft about the jump system, I decided to give it a try again.

Max lv, decent gears for a start, but... it seems the game just held an event for ultimate transformations. When I tried running some dungeons, it looked like everyone had a 100% movement speed transformation and I just couldnt keep up with the rest of the party. Either I slow them down if they wait or I just get left behind (in easier ones). 

It is a BIG gap and it feels like is just not worth coming back to aion anymore. Maybe with a possible NA classic server, but that would probably just split and kill the game population.

Sorry for my bad english. Not my main language. Hope you could understand what I'm trying to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I totally agree, just pressing 1 button and getting a fully geared max lvl character is obviously not enough, they should have included an ultimate transformation to that. What can I say, another screwed-up event... :/

Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean... players that have been playing that got ultimate transformation and 100% movement speed either spent tons of money or worked very hard and a long time to get it.  The jump system works exactly how its supposed to... it got you to come back and try it out.  This isn't a game that you can be maxed out in a week. If you work hard and play a ton it can happen pretty fast but if you are casual it will take months. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bonito-DN said:

Hello everyone. I played Aion for a long time, but in the past few years the game didn't feel the same and I didn't really feel like playing it anymore. After receiving this email from NCSoft about the jump system, I decided to give it a try again.

Max lv, decent gears for a start, but... it seems the game just held an event for ultimate transformations. When I tried running some dungeons, it looked like everyone had a 100% movement speed transformation and I just couldnt keep up with the rest of the party. Either I slow them down if they wait or I just get left behind (in easier ones). 

It is a BIG gap and it feels like is just not worth coming back to aion anymore. Maybe with a possible NA classic server, but that would probably just split and kill the game population.

Sorry for my bad english. Not my main language. Hope you could understand what I'm trying to say.

With the stormwing event going on you can get a legendary transform easy and there might be enough time left to still get to choose an apostle transform. Also we've had a bunch of events lately give out legendary transforms, I'm sure more are in the future. With one of those you can hold your own, I have been able to make top 10 dps for my class on a few bosses with 'just' a legendary transform.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Devil-KT said:

What do you mean... players that have been playing that got ultimate transformation and 100% movement speed either spent tons of money or worked very hard and a long time to get it.  The jump system works exactly how its supposed to... it got you to come back and try it out.  This isn't a game that you can be maxed out in a week. If you work hard and play a ton it can happen pretty fast but if you are casual it will take months. 

This exactly its the same thing I have said for a very long time even before we got promotionals. Stormwing event like Flatten said gives you a legendary and an Aposlte that is almost on par with the ultimate for doing nothing difficult just doing some quests each day. Transform is the least of your worries as a new or returning player especially since they are giving you the step down from it for just simply playing the game. In 6mo we will have another transform promotional and for the people who worked hard they will get their ultimate then. It takes time to get the best things in game, as it should, but there are tons of good event giving freebies to all players that should not go overlooked. I would suggest still giving the game a try definetly with the current event being one of the best events in the game and it will be going on for another month long.

My sister I just got to start here on NA server almost a year ago with 7.5 release and she is just as geared if not more geared than me because she has more free time than me and I came back and have been playing since the start of all these changes in 6.0

Link to post
Share on other sites

The reality is be bored for several months/years and eventually you will catch up. If you do not like this then do not bother with Aion again because that is the reality of current retail Aion.

Also you do not need to worry about classic splitting the population when the pop is like 300 people.

Edited by HealingSquid-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just rolled an Aethertech on DN to check out the Jump Start event.

The gear is pretty good.  The manastone sockets were all full of MB+17 stones which was a pleasant surprise.

Only negative was the gear can't be retuned.

I went and soloed Lakrum camps not long after rolling the toon, and I know nothing about Aethertech skills, so I was bungling my way on a fresh toon, with not much problem. Suitably impressed. Thanks for the event. 👍

Edited by Ferk-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well,  the Jump Start turned out to be a waste of time for me, despite all the excitement at first.

I rolled an Aethertech, played it for a few hours and decided I didn't like that class at all, and wanted to try a Templar instead. I deleted the Aethertech and it wouldn't let me Jump Start a Templar. So I ended up with nothing  from the event.  Quite disappointed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

Well,  the Jump Start turned out to be a waste of time for me, despite all the excitement at first.

I rolled an Aethertech, played it for a few hours and decided I didn't like that class at all, and wanted to try a Templar instead. I deleted the Aethertech and it wouldn't let me Jump Start a Templar. So I ended up with nothing  from the event.  Quite disappointed.

I mean it says right in the event notes you won't get back.  Me personally just made a free event toon on all accounts so any class worked.

 

Restrictions / Notices

We want to caution all Daevas to proceed thoughtfully when Jumping a character!

Only ONE character jump is provided per account. Additional character jumps will not be granted under any circumstances, so please research your desired class carefully.

Players must own a character that is at least Level 10.

Players must have at least one available character slot.

Deleting the jumped character will NOT restore the character jump.
 

Once you have completed your selections… congratulations! You are now the proud owner of a Level 80 character. There has never been a better time to begin your adventures in Atreia than alongside our current Dungeon Boost Event – so look at how to get involved and good luck out there Daeva!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the best time to start this game indeed, get a level 80 chars with ready ulti pve gear, stormwing to get legendary transform and all your daevanions at your feet and if you do the tokens religiously you probably still have time to get a selectable apostle. You need a total of 420 tokens.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I quit just after 4.6, I came back about 8 months ago. I have an Ultimate transform,S grade minion. My full set of Sovereign gear +weapon w/Bitterthorn combine and all +15, most of my Bitterthorn including weapon is +15.  All my stigs are +10 or higher with 3 being advanced. I have not spent more than $40 BCM. It took a lot of time and grinding to get it all. It can be done, but it's gonna take some time. This game is not for casual players unless you want to spend a lot of real money on the BCM and Kinah sellers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Justalyne-KT said:

I mean it says right in the event notes you won't get back.  Me personally just made a free event toon on all accounts so any class worked.

 

 

 

What event notes? There was nothing posted in the weekly maintenance on the 24th. I just saw the button and people taking about it in this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Flatten-KT said:

They must be talking about this. https://www.aiononline.com/news/level-80-boost-event All of the information about how this worked is in there.

Lol, now it gets posted. If I had known about the limitation, I obviously wouldn't have deleted the Aethertech. Kibblez said nothing about the Jump Start event in the weekly notes.

Not that it matters, I didn't know that rolling an Aethertech would not be enjoyable until after I had played it for a couple of hours.

I understand that having only one Jump Start character per account is a practical limitation, but I have zero Jump Start characters now. Which makes me wonder at the point of the event. If it was to try classes that you have not played, then it failed. If it's to rapid level a class you know about, then it's ok.

Edited by Ferk-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

Lol, now it gets posted. If I had known about the limitation, I obviously wouldn't have deleted the Aethertech. Kibblez said nothing about the Jump Start event in the weekly notes.

Not that it matters, I didn't know that rolling an Aethertech would not be enjoyable until after I had played it for a couple of hours.

I understand that having only one Jump Start character per account is a practical limitation, but I have zero Jump Start characters now. Which makes me wonder at the point of the event. If it was to try classes that you have not played, then it failed. If it's to rapid level a class you know about, then it's ok.

Hi Ferk, in this case the event and its corresponding article did not go live until a day or two after we posted the weekly notes. I'll take it as a point of feedback to the team that more clarity in-client would have been beneficial. We could also consider sharing on the forums when we post articles at unconventional times.

Thanks for sharing this feedback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 10:06 AM, Ferk-DN said:

Well,  the Jump Start turned out to be a waste of time for me, despite all the excitement at first.

I rolled an Aethertech, played it for a few hours and decided I didn't like that class at all, and wanted to try a Templar instead. I deleted the Aethertech and it wouldn't let me Jump Start a Templar. So I ended up with nothing  from the event.  Quite disappointed.

It clearly stated in the news post on the event that you can only Jump once and if you delete you can't jump again

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello! I didn't expect so many replies at this post. I'll try summarising my points again.

It's not about not getting a top tier transformation. It's about what the game is now and how NCSoft thinks it should handle new/coming back players.

Just so that you know, I already had 3 lv 80 chars with decent pve (and even ok-ish pvp) gears. The jump event was just what brought me back - Not only to 'try a new class', but to see the game alive again (which happens whenever they pop these events, even tho it doesnt take long for the servers to be dead again).

As I said, there were two main problems: the event held right before the jumping system (which is 99% aimed for new/returning players) and its effects. I don't really care if everyone has more stats if they grinded for it. It's only fair. But having twice the speed is just too much.

You can say "oh, all that free stuff is just not enough for you", but, as I said, I tried playing with other people in a few dungeons. The only run I wasn't left behind, I felt like I was a big weight to the party, not for skills or anything, but because I was literally slower. REALLY slower. Only to find out that aion just had an event with legendary/ultimate transformations.

But I get your points. The game really did more than it should* - It's an mmorpg and people should grind for every single thing in the game. But that was their own marketing. That's how they wanted to invite players to a dying game. And it's just not good enough to catch new people or old players.

* = edit

Edited by Bonito-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites

People having hostile attitude to free stuff but kind of tolerance of p2w, loot boxes, RNG that's one form of hypocrisy.

A fun game is fun even it's so hard ,a boring game is boring no matter how many free stuff and how easy to play :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bonito-DN said:

Hello! I didn't expect so many replies at this post. I'll try summarising my points again.

It's not about not getting a top tier transformation. It's about what the game is now and how NCSoft thinks it should handle new/coming back players.

Just so that you know, I already had 3 lv 80 chars with decent pve (and even ok-ish pvp) gears. The jump event was just what brought me back - Not only to 'try a new class', but to see the game alive again (which happens whenever they pop these events, even tho it doesnt take long for the servers to be dead again).

As I said, there were two main problems: the event held right before the jumping system (which is 99% aimed for new/returning players) and its effects. I don't really care if everyone has more stats if they grinded for it. It's only fair. But having twice the speed is just too much.

You can say "oh, all that free stuff is just not enough for you", but, as I said, I tried playing with other people in a few dungeons. The only run I wasn't left behind, I felt like I was a big weight to the party, not for skills or anything, but because I was literally slower. REALLY slower. Only to find out that aion just had an event with legendary/ultimate transformations.

But I get your points. The game really did more than it should* - It's an mmorpg and people should grind for every single thing in the game. But that was their own marketing. That's how they wanted to invite players to a dying game. And it's just not good enough to catch new people or old players.

* = edit

Here you go the issue about being slower I will address for you the title you get with the jump gives 5% the shoes you get in the jump give 19% the egg buff gives you 2% transform you get from the event at first pick up is ancient 35-40% you are only going to be in this for 2 days but that has you at 61-66% you are right this is slow that is about 9.6-9.9 movespeed then in 2 days you get a legendary which has 45-60% putting you at 10.2-11.1 movespeed depending on your rng. Less than 1 month into the egg event you will get an apostle of your choosing and get a transform with 60-70% 11.1-11.7 movespeed the ultimate gives you 12 what more are you wishing for because obviously movespeed is not an issue if you continue to do the event and in less than 1 month you are just shy of cap

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 2:48 AM, Bonito-DN said:

Hello! I didn't expect so many replies at this post. I'll try summarising my points again.

It's not about not getting a top tier transformation. It's about what the game is now and how NCSoft thinks it should handle new/coming back players.

Just so that you know, I already had 3 lv 80 chars with decent pve (and even ok-ish pvp) gears. The jump event was just what brought me back - Not only to 'try a new class', but to see the game alive again (which happens whenever they pop these events, even tho it doesnt take long for the servers to be dead again).

As I said, there were two main problems: the event held right before the jumping system (which is 99% aimed for new/returning players) and its effects. I don't really care if everyone has more stats if they grinded for it. It's only fair. But having twice the speed is just too much.

You can say "oh, all that free stuff is just not enough for you", but, as I said, I tried playing with other people in a few dungeons. The only run I wasn't left behind, I felt like I was a big weight to the party, not for skills or anything, but because I was literally slower. REALLY slower. Only to find out that aion just had an event with legendary/ultimate transformations.

But I get your points. The game really did more than it should* - It's an mmorpg and people should grind for every single thing in the game. But that was their own marketing. That's how they wanted to invite players to a dying game. And it's just not good enough to catch new people or old players.

* = edit

But if anything, we have pretty much every way now to get the transforms. Every 6 months or so we will be having an ultimate promotion event and this is literally nothing next to what people had to do to get one for years.

And trust me, the transform was a game changer mostly in 6.x patch. Now in 7.x patch you get a myriad more impossible things to get before you can try to pvp.

Just try to enjoy the game at your pace, if you want to be end game top tier, even playing the game for years might not be enough, you would need either a mini army of alts to feed your main or buy a lot of things from BCM to get a big step ahead. But that requires thousands of $$ to do it, and unless you are willing to be that player, never put yourself into the situation of thinking that the game is hard or unfair because it is made this way in 7.x. P2w is the driving force now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me created my jump character but the lag was so bad that it was unplayable. All the boosted players and non boosted in one hub was really a bad idea. And i had  a quest to kill large and small animal and i did zero damage to them thank god they were passive and didn't attack back.

Edited by Shaikura-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shaikura-KT said:

For me created my jump character but the lag was so bad that it was unplayable. All the boosted players and non boosted in one hub was really a bad idea. And i had  a quest to kill large and small animal and i did zero damage to them thank god they were passive and didn't attack back.

You buy hunting bombs to kill them, That is probably why you did 0 damage. You can get them from the golden sand shop or from an NPC in igg/gelk.

Unless they changed where you get them from.

Edited by HealingSquid-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

fck 

On 3/28/2021 at 7:18 PM, Bonito-DN said:

Hello everyone. I played Aion for a long time, but in the past few years the game didn't feel the same and I didn't really feel like playing it anymore. After receiving this email from NCSoft about the jump system, I decided to give it a try again.

Max lv, decent gears for a start, but... it seems the game just held an event for ultimate transformations. When I tried running some dungeons, it looked like everyone had a 100% movement speed transformation and I just couldnt keep up with the rest of the party. Either I slow them down if they wait or I just get left behind (in easier ones). 

It is a BIG gap and it feels like is just not worth coming back to aion anymore. Maybe with a possible NA classic server, but that would probably just split and kill the game population.

Sorry for my bad english. Not my main language. Hope you could understand what I'm trying to say.

lol .. remember ... this is free game

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...