Forums

[Event] Stormwing Orb

4 minutes ago, KnightZM-KT said:

if you think that's disgusting there were even people given extra 1+ tokens and used it to move egg

Wow. If that's true, then certain players are getting  special treatment.

I think its ridiculous to accuse players of "abusing" a system and then punish players who didn't "abuse" that same system. Where is the justification of that?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kibbelz To all the people and support claiming "abuse" here is some proof there was no abuse and that support actually verified all this was originally allowed:

f6260934425defde42e9211beabd08cf02fcab6c

Not only did they explain that is was allowed, they explained it could be transferred to "any character on the same account"

Players can't abuse what isn't considered abuse. It was wholly sanctioned. 

(note: names were redacted to protect player and GM)

15 minutes ago, Kemana-KT said:

There was actually some stuff I wanted to buy off the BCM this month. After players are being treated so unfairly, I'm no longer in the mood to give this company any money.

Safe-Money.jpg

I feel totally the same. I was thinking of buying prestige this month but then I said to myself that unless they make up for that horrible thing they did, I’m never gonna spend a penny on this game anymore.

I just don't get it. You can't say "abuse" because no one did. You guys didn't state anywhere in your forums saying that the egg is non-transferable. Even support allowed this to happen before, so its not abuse. If you didn't want something to happen, you should've taken preventative measures. You could even do this when this event first came out, so how come you didn't do it then if its abuse? You guys should've learned from last time if you didn't want this to happen. Just end the restriction and allow players to transfer it. The community is clearly upset at this because you guys didn't give any warn or even asked for the communities input. @Kibbelz Please give us an update or something. Please be on the side of the community and talk to the support team. The support team is "abusing" its player base. 

4 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I never attempted a transfer because idk I don't give a shit I guess, but just curious -- after transferring it, do you have to enchant it from the lowest level egg all over again? Or does it show up at the final stage and you can get an Apostle right away?

It is the same level and it is a "brand new" egg so it has the upgrading quest as well, so if you transfer a fully upgraded egg it will have again the apostle quest.

20 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

@Kibbelz Back in the day before you joined there was another unintended mechanic by NCsoft/west, This was to do with evergale canyon. NCwest previously banned anyone who exploited that unintended mechanic and if the mechanic is unintended i think you should consider being consistent with NCwest's CoC/ToS and so on and ban every player who exploited it this time around.

It after all is the players fault for abusing something rather than reporting the unintended mechanic.

But the existence of this very same thread proves it wasn't an abuse because the first post asks this and other people already posted snapshots of the messages with the admins confirming it was eligible for transfer. They didn't regard this an abuse and it was their own call. The reason people wanted to transfer it was because we knew the mechanics of the game better than the GMs.

f6260934425defde42e9211beabd08cf02fcab6c

Later on they understood that the egg keeps giving the upgrading quest again they realized that they do not want this to happen so they named it an abuse

59d442f0b6fa585ee6e73b534cacbd89ecd166d6

They can't say we did something wrong because we asked them and they allowed this to happen. EC was an ingame bug that we never asked if it is ok to exploit. It is just some of us understood it is not intended and avoided using it while others used it and many abused it (forcefully kicking unwilling people out of EC so they also get extra entries to make sure everyone has it exploited so they won't get a ban themselves only)

The player cannot transfer the item.

Why does this company say the player's abusing?

Why say it's the player's fault.

Item transfer is impossible without permission of gm.

A wonderful company that still hasn't answered.

The player cannot transfer the item.

Why does this company say the player's abusing?

Why say it's the player's fault.

Item transfer is impossible without permission of gm.

A wonderful company that still hasn't answered.

They wont give any answer cause they know they fked up, and they will be silent about it... Was their fault for not knowing that transfering the egg Will give apostole quest back... Lets all remember xmas or New year event with NPC fiasco where ppl abused 3rd party program to buy what they needed. AND NC did not care lmao

At this point i do not care, and i am not surprised with their actions

4 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

Because EC bug wasn't a bug.

It was a combination of badly implemented features that together created a way for players to exploit the game mechanics (which is against the ToS). Additionally it was never given the green light by an admin to exploit it, when GMs took notice they told people to avoid using it until they fix it and many people either ignored it or created chaos by kicking unwilling players in order to make a bigger confusion by throwing dirt to everyone and avoid punishment just for themselves.

Stormwing transfer is not possible without GM intervention AND it was specifically asked by the community if it is an abuse or not and we got a confirmation both in the forums and from the support urging us to use the token restoration policy to do it.

Stormwing event, dungeon even, XP marks event, transformation promotion... Looked like the best opportunity to indulge the old players and to attract the new players to the game... But then on a peaceful Easter Holiday Aion NA reserved us a bitter surprise - egg transfers were stopped and a part of the community was insulted by calling an "abuse" the legal feature that existed in game many years in a row. A doubtful move that ruined all the joy spring events were supposed to bring... Is that their intention to make people quit ?.. To avert the newly joined ones from the game by showing how the company treats its customers ? 114 posts, 2.8k views, with every day being ignored the frustration of the community builds up. Will Aion NA GMs come to their senses and correct the terrible injustice that was made or will they keep ignoring the voices of an already shrinking game community ? Future will show...

14 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

Wow. If that's true, then certain players are getting  special treatment.

I think its ridiculous to accuse players of "abusing" a system and then punish players who didn't "abuse" that same system. Where is the justification of that?

Yes, there were always favored and special players, but let them have what they deserve. Fairness in this game was used only when it was hurting them.

This might fall on deaf ear, since there are players that profited od this, but if we, as comunity agree on not spending this April on BCM, it will send the message.

If money is all they after then let's show how much we value this game. Since there will be 0 action taken otherwise. One month won't do much for us, since the grind takes several months if not year/s.

I'm sorry @Kibbelz
since i know it's not your fault,but this is, yes it is, a problem of devs, that's for sure. And silence is not the right step in here. It never was, you guys should know that.

14 minutes ago, AnyDaTech said:

This might fall on deaf ear, since there are players that profited od this, but if we, as comunity agree on not spending this April on BCM, it will send the message.

In April ? Seriously, if the attitude of GM is like that, I probably won’t spend anything at all on this game. If we let this pass now, what makes you think it won’t happen again in the future ?

I am ok if the orb restoration is denied or allowed BUT it should be te same way for EVERYONE. You can’t change the rules in the middle of the game.

No ncoin for the next 4 weeks sounds good to me, but as a community need to agree and not give in. Im also sure whoever profited from the token already or had none doesn't give a crap about this. But you need ask yourself if you let ncsoft get away with the stuff they did during melon event and stormwing, what else are they going to do

12 hours ago, Steefy-DN said:

They wont give any answer cause they know they fked up, and they will be silent about it... Was their fault for not knowing that transfering the egg Will give apostole quest back...

Exactly this. There is not an easy answer for them. Yes, players "abused" it by getting multiple Apostles, BUT it was support's fault for allowing people to "abuse" it by saying yes, yes, yes because they didn't realize it was giving the Apostle quest each time. They probably just thought people were getting the daily reward (not the new-egg reward). So ultimately, it was their mistake -- and they let it go on too long before they realized.

10 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

It was a combination of badly implemented features that together created a way for players to exploit the game mechanics (which is against the ToS). Additionally it was never given the green light by an admin to exploit it, when GMs took notice they told people to avoid using it until they fix it and many people either ignored it or created chaos by kicking unwilling players in order to make a bigger confusion by throwing dirt to everyone and avoid punishment just for themselves.

Stormwing transfer is not possible without GM intervention AND it was specifically asked by the community if it is an abuse or not and we got a confirmation both in the forums and from the support urging us to use the token restoration policy to do it.

Both are created due to NC not knowing anything about the game. Most of the game updates are literally updates for KR and we get w/e the hell they get, not reading anything feedback any other region gives them. Weather or not it was working for NA is not any problem at all since it was working as intended for KR. Its not anyones fault if they keep joining the same if after being kicked if there is only one game going on because there isn't enough players to start a new game?

Not going in to why their decision was reverted but why did it start in the first place? Do they not know anything of their game too? Well, the egg comes from the BCM, which is "account bound" right? So if anyone claim they mistakenly bought the egg on a character but wanted it on another, should they be denied the request? Would it be a problem if the final egg didn't give out any contracts? 

Actually, remember the lemon event where bots got 99% everything the npc sold? I'm surprised there's that many people who still give a shit about fairness in this game lol

Can't believe GMs and people that can actually have some decision power on this are completely ignoring this post and issue. 

All these ninja decisions you make that allow players to get benefits and then you revoke them from others because you just can kill the switch to "avoid" issues in your line of thought are going to make you all lose the small bit of trust that remains on the people that are still loyal to the game. You're being so disrespectful ignoring users and getting away with this. 

If YOU as an organization messed up and allow a chain of events to happen (egg transfers) for a determined period of time, even giving tokens for free to users that spend extra money in the game (more than the average) and then you deny this to the rest of the people is just disrespectful to everyone. 

What you need to do right now is open the item transfers again as they were at the start of the event, and for the next stormwing event you make a clear line of communication making people know that these transfers won't be allowed anymore. 

You messed up and you won't either roll back for the users that exploited something that on your side is not allowed but you still deny this benefit to the others or deny any compensation for those that want or could transfer the eggs. 

I'm fine with everyone that commented above on cutting down NCoin for a month or more, we can discuss that on a global NA discord, just need everyone to agree with it. 

Not sure why people still can't believe they saying nothing.  The NA community has been largely ignored for what 12 years?  Sure get a few things here or there but for most part ignored.  Not gonna change after 12 years,  they posted on these exact forums saying they were going to communicate better and listen to community etc and yet here we are again.   The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. 

As for the Ncoin/BCoin witholding those threats been made for years and never work and why?  People will play and enjoy the game as they see fit.  If that means spending 20$ or whatever they will spend it regardless of whatever you try to do some people will just ignore it and do what they want to do and enjoy game however they want.  I wish you all luck on that front though.

11 hours ago, GenericUser45992 said:

I should send an email about it to KR head office.

They give us any answer at least.

Hey if you can do that, that would be great! I don't know Korean, nor do I know how to contact them. If you have these resources though, it would be great to hear their opinion on the matter seeing as they created the game.

Archived