Does anyone remember the good old stigmas?

Arhangelos

I was watching the old articles and remembered how many more stigmas we used to have. I remember those extra options, like sorcs could socket another aoe skill that had delayed blast, or that we had another awesome aoe skill that was exclusive when we were flying and only for ground targets, I used it in the abyss sieges.

90?cb=20120429140936https://aion.fandom.com/wiki/Cometfall_I

We then got it removed and we got another aoe called fire burst. Or that weird stigma that was supposed to wake up everyone that was slept around us (a stigma)

This site has the list of skills (select another class for viewing, this one is for sorcs):
https://aion.fandom.com/wiki/List:Sorcerer_Stigma_skills

There is a calculator that still has the old stigmas here:
http://aion.aspirine.su/stigma/?lang=en#gCna

stigmas.jpg

Then I remembered the good old skills I had a sorcerer before the destruction of Aion in 6.0. Like pandaimonium focus... we simply don't even have a DP skill worthy using at the moment while some classes have insane DP skills. There was a time classes had a job to do, now everyone is a tank canon.

I won't say much but that's the stigma calculator that I'm using regularly lol.

I never use  fire burst I guess it's one of horrible stigma and it has no value in broker anyway.
No comment about comet fall since I don't even have enough slots for all skills I need.

But I want to ask why you suddenly interesting in old patch skills ? 😇

12 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I won't say much but that's the stigma calculator that I'm using regularly lol.

I never use  fire burst I guess it's one of horrible stigma and it has no value in broker anyway.
No comment about comet fall since I don't even have enough slots for all skills I need.

But I want to ask why you suddenly interesting in old patch skills ? 😇

Because I remembered how I was doing everything possible to get my char to be more AoE oriented. I was playing WoW as well and I used to have the most fun with the AoE built.

One of the delayed aoe stigmas (Big Magma Eruption/Lava Tempest) was pretty much making our normal aoe delayed skill useless sine they shared cool down, that one just had more power. I also didn't use that one, but I remember the other skills and how much I loved having different options and making different builds.

Fire Burst was one of my favorites because it was direct attack, had a nice animation, low cool down and as I said I always loved doing skill that affected more than one players.

Now you simply put the setup that you want for a linked stigma skill and pretty much never change stigmas ever.

~~

Of course many stigmas simpyl got merged which is a good thing, like Lumiel Wisdom + Zikel's Wisdom got merged into Vaizel's Wisdom. So one skill does 3 effects now.

Can't say I like magma erupt or fire burst at all because they're simply direct damage skills.
I'm prefer any skills that ability to stun slow silence etc now.

I'm using meteorite(usable 4x times) as both damage and stun incoming mobs if my ice chain shock combo CD because it has fast cast (1.5 sec cast) and low cd(1 min) ,ice sheet is ok too if u place it between you and coming mobs not when mobs on you lol.

But yep in classic there're too many skills I guess the game never intended you to use them all but you only selecting what you need 😮

Archived