Forums

Pumpkin King's Haunt Reward and Instance List

Cyan

To be honest I am surprised about how they made this event this time. Instead of the usual totally P2W events or AFK events, this time we have to play to get the things. Buying aditional candies in BCM is not even convenient if you have some alts and you can play with them (you will not have time to use more candies). This event also encourages people to make groups and play togheter. Having 3216845 alts is not advantage at all cause you will not have the time to do all the instances with all of them. Even when I am not sure about if is really good for the game to give the best endgame gear in events, at least this time is not so easy to get it and prob nobody will have so many of them.

1 hour ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

Events break the monotony of stagnant games.

You said well. That was the point. The game itself is stagnant and NEEDS events in order to keep its playerbase online.

People that played the game for more than 2-3 months, already understood that there's no reason to do instances, when the best way to get gear/omega/tempering etc are events. Do you want to farm a basic pvp gear? AFK arena. Need GP? AFK siege. Gear or kinah? Wait for the next event and afk your toon in front of the broker. Eventually, you'll get a free OP gear in some future patch for free (waiting for the lv70 +15 now).

@SirChantalot-DN  Already done, thanks!

5 hours ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

Are the temporing solutions, shining enchantment stones, level reduction stones, omega stones, prime royal chests, plastic surg tickets, harvester's boxes, +9 or +8 manastones, wings, plumes, or emotion card tradeable?

I've got a tempering solution and omega from this event so far, and yes, they were tradeable. Not sure about the other items you've listed.

7 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

People that played the game for more than 2-3 months, already understood that there's no reason to do instances, when the best way to get gear/omega/tempering etc are events. Do you want to farm a basic pvp gear? AFK arena. Need GP? AFK siege. Gear or kinah? Wait for the next event and afk your toon in front of the broker. Eventually, you'll get a free OP gear in some future patch for free (waiting for the lv70 +15 now).

If you AFK only, it will take you ages to get anything reasonable rewards, so, why do you do it if you could take part on the game itself? Why are you making the game boring for yourself and then complain about it?

The game is what you make out of it (Since you all like to bold stuff, get this printed somewhere). If you choose to approach your daily gameplay like a chariot horse, focusing on one aspect, then that is all on you. For example, I dont PvP, my focus is PvE, acquiring skins and being a general completionist. I can filter out what I dislike to make the most of my day.

On 10/26/2017 at 1:32 AM, KallSu-KT said:

You said well. That was the point. The game itself is stagnant and NEEDS events in order to keep its playerbase online.

The average player will not get "free OP gear" from these events. You may get 1 or 2 pieces, and 6 or 7 omegas if your lucky, but you still have to farm AoE/CoE for supplements and BoS is still excellent to run for gear and minion contracts. I do feel that NC went way to overboard on the Provanance and Harvester gear hand outs but 5.8 adds purified versions of Harvester and Apollon that you *have* to run the instance for to upgrade. I for one would rather run an instance for upgrade materials than for a 5% chance at the item I want, then have to roll over other people for in an instance that drops 1-2 items for 12 people.

In order to take advantage of the events to the degree your insinuating you would have to drop some serious cash on the BCM. If it takes you a solid year to get a full set, +15 and socketed well, purely off events then that is a solid amount of time (Without cashing out on the BCM).

The events seem to compliment the instances now in regards to 5.8's changes that are coming. If all goes well, this could actually be a great move by them. More people capable of comfortably running CoE/BoS by the time 5.8 launches with the upgrade materials the better. NCWest has GOT to have a tiny team left to work on this game. It is very old and underpopulated, NCSoft is not going to throw a ton of employees/money at it. Just enjoy the game for what it is and what it's always going to be from now on. If you want a game more invested in the content I recommend WoW and FF14. Aion is small potatoes now and the community that is left is mainly here because we just love the game, regardless of it's flaws.

I have noticed a problem with the hourly buff. It can't be overwritten by itself or removed and you can only retake it when it wears off, which causes problems when forming groups for long instances because not everyone takes the buff at the same time. Can we at least change the buff so that it stays longer or people can retake it even though they still have it?

19 hours ago, Raefu-DN said:

The average player will not get "free OP gear" from these events.

To reply both to you and Qahel: there was a full stop before the "free gear". I was referring to the free OP Fledgling gear. As far as we know, we'll be provided with a future lv70 +15 in the future, like the lv55 received that OP gear for free. And btw I got a full IO set from events years ago, when that gear was end-game gear. Without paying a cent. You can actually play the game only for events. Ofc you won't get it +15, that's the last thing we miss so far. But you can't say "it's not free because is +0 and not +15"... they are 2 different things.

1 hour ago, KallSu-KT said:

To reply both to you and Qahel: there was a full stop before the "free gear". I was referring to the free OP Fledgling gear. As far as we know, we'll be provided with a future lv70 +15 in the future, like the lv55 received that OP gear for free. And btw I got a full IO set from events years ago, when that gear was end-game gear. Without paying a cent. You can actually play the game only for events. Ofc you won't get it +15, that's the last thing we miss so far. But you can't say "it's not free because is +0 and not +15"... they are 2 different things.

I, actually, don't have a problem with that. I don't expect everyone to play 5h+ daily like I do and I know that it's close to impossible to get any good gear with only 2h daily play. This is a MMO and a business. We all need more people in this. If they invest their time in the event, I'm fine with people getting good gear from last patch.

On 10/26/2017 at 1:32 AM, KallSu-KT said:

I hate comparing games to WoW since most games are different & some hold niche markets (like Aion) but I'll just say it.  Nobody can say that WoW is a stagnant game over the past few years but they pump out events every few months to keep players interested in playing (and probably more so PAYING for) the game.  They've actually went further and added several new events or special holidays to the game just in the past year.  That's the point I'm making is games do this sort of thing to keep their players playing the game and to a further extent paying money to them.  Its not a new concept.

On 10/28/2017 at 3:48 AM, KallSu-KT said:

One, Fledging gear is not from an event. Two, it's low level pre-65. 65 and under is done and gone, NC has abandoned any effort to keep it relevant. It is a nice set to enter into AoE in but has nothing to do with end game. At this point in the game with everyone rocking full Apollon/Harvesters, I would welcome a free level 70 fledgling set. I would rather have a new player join my instance in that than to join it in shitty Tlabs or Adma gear and just be a carry.

This discussion was aimed at events like our current pumpkin one. Yes, a player who partakes in the events can get 1, 2 if their lucky, pieces of equipment like Harvesters for free, but they usually require quite extensive participation in the event. If one wants to drop cash on the BCM to get more, go for it, the game is old AF now. Goodluck to a new player collecting the 2b+ it costs to *buy* the omegas and supplements to upgrade. People still have to work for their gear, even if it just means running AoE/CoE 3+ times every single week for supps.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived