Extreme Lag ONLY in Gelk City (even using normal fixes)

Sweetzerlandia

The last week or so I lag out almost completely and my game will sometimes crash ONLY in Gelk city.

I have other players skills and models turned off, I use Shift F+12, I water down by graphics but the second I port into Gelk city it's a slide show.

I'm able to siege with no problem. sometimes even with character models on.  So I'm baffled.

I ran a scan just to see if I needed a repair and nothing.

Anything I'm missing?

30 minutes ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

The last week or so I lag out almost completely and my game will sometimes crash ONLY in Gelk city.

I have other players skills and models turned off, I use Shift F+12, I water down by graphics but the second I port into Gelk city it's a slide show.

I'm able to siege with no problem. sometimes even with character models on.  So I'm baffled.

I ran a scan just to see if I needed a repair and nothing.

Anything I'm missing?

If you have an Nvidia card, the drivers are not Aion compatible anymore, you better use an older version from before October 2020 or something.

I have a very good GPU (an Nvidia RTX 3000 series, yeah those that cost a mini fortune now) and I also get fps drops in Gelk. I also get client freezes when I change map and go to shared maps. Many times I get the client to freeze right when I am in the character selection and lately the pin bug is back for me.

All hell breaks lose and nothing works anymore. This game doesn't need another patch. It needs an engine upgrade and become compatible with 2020+. Unreal Engine 3 was published in 2004. Even unreal engine 4 is already getting older (2015). They are about to launch Unreal Engine 5 somewhere in 2021.

We will soon have to start playing Aion in an emulator of Windows XP and an outdated Unreal engine 3, like the Mame32 emulator for arcade games.

2 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If you have an Nvidia card, the drivers are not Aion compatible anymore, you better use an older version from before October 2020 or something.

The newest nvidia driver runs Aion just fine. I average 80-100 fps outside of siege and mass pvp.

8 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

The newest nvidia driver runs Aion just fine. I average 80-100 fps outside of siege and mass pvp.

For me they don't, I had to reroll again to the oldest I could and sadly my card is so new that it doesn't support anything as back as October 2020.

My pc can do real time render of 8K resolution and it fails to launch Aion some times having the client to freeze.

What GPU do you have? My older pc has an RX480 and it doesn't have as many problems because that is an AMD card and it doesn't have the issues new Nvidia cards bring with new drivers, for old games. Plus if it ever gave me issues, I could always use older drivers for that to fix it.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I have a very good GPU (an Nvidia RTX 3000 series, yeah those that cost a mini fortune now) and I also get fps drops in Gelk. I also get client freezes when I change map and go to shared maps. Many times I get the client to freeze right when I am in the character selection and lately the pin bug is back for me.

All hell breaks lose and nothing works anymore. This game doesn't need another patch. It needs an engine upgrade and become compatible with 2020+. Unreal Engine 3 was published in 2004. Even unreal engine 4 is already getting older (2015). They are about to launch Unreal Engine 5 somewhere in 2021.

We will soon have to start playing Aion in an emulator of Windows XP and an outdated Unreal engine 3, like the Mame32 emulator for arcade games.

Ah ty ty 

I've never rolled back my nvidia before (I do think this happened after an update_  Will I still be able to play other games or do I have to keep switching?

19 minutes ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

Ah ty ty 

I've never rolled back my nvidia before (I do think this happened after an update_  Will I still be able to play other games or do I have to keep switching?

You should be able to play all games but some games say if you play cyberpunk as an example it needed a specific driver update for it to work so if you get one before that date you will probably have the launch crashes and so on all over again.

Most generic games like WoW,FF14,ESO,Apex,Pubg,LoL, Dota and even other games like table top simulator so on all work great on older drivers. 

21 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

You should be able to play all games but some games say if you play cyberpunk as an example it needed a specific driver update for it to work so if you get one before that date you will probably have the launch crashes and so on all over again.

Most generic games like WoW,FF14,ESO,Apex,Pubg,LoL, Dota and even other games like table top simulator so on all work great on older drivers. 

Thank you!  I'm hoping Overwatch will be among them!

Archived