Jump to content
Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you got proof take it to social media outlets and gaming news sites, Problem solved. Get it to some Korean's that can also take it to their news companies they would love more information about the

Everyone in Kingdom are just garbage since the kingwalla/shinwa days lol Been garbage since 4.0 when wallet could not carry their lack of skills they turned to hacking in later patches. Still gar

Is the one who is providing those with +15 gear using it or are the players who have the +15 gear using it? The ones who are ruining the game are those who are using the goods not the ones who provide

There is a silver lining to all this, It really shows you how dumb AF the 6.0 gearing system really is. 

That feeling you are getting when you die to someone you know you can not fight for several years is the same feeling new players have when you farm them. You are the driving force that drives players away from this game and is one of the major reasons why no one will ever bother sticking with Aion long term.

You as players killed Aion long before these muppets shown up and got this gear.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kibbelz @Loki um... resolve this please. And give everyone 2 apostle contracts to make up for the fact y'all removed the ability to transfer egg w/o warning. 

4 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

There is a silver lining to all this, It really shows you how dumb AF the 6.0 gearing system really is. 

That feeling you are getting when you die to someone you know you can not fight for several years is the same feeling new players have when you farm them. You are the driving force that drives players away from this game and is one of the major reasons why no one will ever bother sticking with Aion long term.

You as players killed Aion long before these muppets shown up and got this gear.

Who is paying you? Do you even log into this game any more? Players do not kill games, period. lmfao. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GenericUser46108 said:

Who is paying you? Do you even log into this game any more? Players do not kill games, period. lmfao. 

People who have +15 paragon gear are players as well. Are they not killing the game with this gear? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

People who have +15 paragon gear are players as well. Are they not killing the game with this gear? 

The person killing the game in this situation is the one who provided others with the +15 paragon gear. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GenericUser46108 said:

The person killing the game in this situation is the one who provided others with the +15 paragon gear. 

Is the one who is providing those with +15 gear using it or are the players who have the +15 gear using it? The ones who are ruining the game are those who are using the goods not the ones who provided the goods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

People who have +15 paragon gear are players as well. Are they not killing the game with this gear? 

There are cheaters in every game, its how the company running it goes about dealing with that is saving or killing the game, and when you have laws without law enforcement, you get lawlessness. People have been raising concerns for years and have been ignored for years.

I'm not sure what more do you expect "players" to do, your suggestion of going to social media or gaming news shows how unaware of the state of those is in the last 10 or so years thinking that they will care or rage over anything else than racial or gender issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Viseris-KT said:

There are cheaters in every game, its how the company running it goes about dealing with that is saving or killing the game, and when you have laws without law enforcement, you get lawlessness. People have been raising concerns for years and have been ignored for years.

I'm not sure what more do you expect "players" to do, your suggestion of going to social media or gaming news shows how unaware of the state of those is in the last 10 or so years thinking that they will care or rage over anything else than racial or gender issues.

Well first off there is no laws. There is ToS but there is no law saying players/developers have to uphold the terms of service in the virtual world.

Secondly why would a gaming social media outlet care about racial or gender issues? There is no inequality in gaming, You are either good or bad. Secondly you are under no pressure to get in voice chat with people so no one even knows if you are male/female/trans or w/e else people want to call them selves in this day and age.

If they wanted people to talk to each other they would of added voice coms to their game. Inequality does not exist in the gaming world.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we sure this is limited to paragon gear? From some of the things I've read and seen this week, including videos, people may have the ability to create any item, not just blessed paragon stones. Simp ok is a good place to start, but what about other items like Runes, Gems, Yornforge Ultimate etc? GMs should be investigating the possibility for sure.

As players we have done all we can even with KissJK contacting high level NC staff. BTW I have email for CEO/Founder Taek-Jin Kim, Chief Strategist Song-Yee Yoon and CFO Dong-Il Kim. (I am guessing the founder would be most disturbed as I highly doubt he would want his company and its products to be abused this way.  I think we need to give our GMs a chance though. I am positive they are working on it, they have to or game is ruined (maybe thats what some of these bad actors want). Sounds like Simp ok is getting rather wealthy in real life from this, but what about the really bad actors like him/behind him that we don't know about...that is what GMs can do. So as players what more can we do but keep reporting things to help the GMs - I know a lot of people are asking for responses, but no response isn't necessarily a bad thing. Rest of us I guess take it easy we did our job and give the GMs a chance. I think we pulled all the levers we can for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Well first off there is no laws. There is ToS but there is no law saying players/developers have to uphold the terms of service in the virtual world.

Secondly why would a gaming social media outlet care about racial or gender issues? There is no inequality in gaming, You are either good or bad. Secondly you are under no pressure to get in voice chat with people so no one even knows if you are male/female/trans or w/e else people want to call them selves in this day and age.

If they wanted people to talk to each other they would of added voice coms to their game. Inequality does not exist in the gaming world.

Good job on completely missing the laws metaphor. Secondly, because gaming news sites are not journalists nowdays, they are activists(US, UK ones, soon in a country near you if all goes on), they don't care about the games as a media, they care about pushing their social justice constructs into it, destroying it in the process, or has it complete eluded you how most games/movies/tv shows/comics touched by them have been twisted into lecturing you on race or gender or toxic masculinity or white supremacy or opression. Same goes for social media. Anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Viseris-KT said:

Good job on completely missing the laws metaphor. Secondly, because gaming news sites are not journalists nowdays, they are activists(US, UK ones, soon in a country near you if all goes on), they don't care about the games as a media, they care about pushing their social justice constructs into it, destroying it in the process, or has it complete eluded you how most games/movies/tv shows/comics touched by them have been twisted into lecturing you on race or gender or toxic masculinity or white supremacy or opression. Same goes for social media. Anyway.

tenor.gif

 Just dont listend to HealingSquid, dude think we live in the matrix...

Edited by MechEagIe-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and all my friends quit the game. we gave up time and money to play this game and the result is like this. We're really disappointed that they weren't banned, they're friends of GM. This information is from a trusted source and has been proven from several forums that GM cannot answer. This game is no longer conducive and can not be trusted, unfair and corrupt.

I think in the future it will be like this again and it's better for you to quit the game. remember your work and family. Don't waste time on this broken game.

me and all my friends playing from 2011, and finish 2021. good timing good moments.

 

Btw, they are all GM friends, i know, so your comments like anything a-z bla bla bla.. will not be answered and they will not ever be banned/suspended. trust me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

There is a silver lining to all this, It really shows you how dumb AF the 6.0 gearing system really is.  The 7.x gear system is garbage

That feeling you are getting when you die to someone you know you can not fight for several years is the same feeling new players have when you farm them. You are the driving force that drives players away from this game and is one of the major reasons why no one will ever bother sticking with Aion long term.

You as players killed Aion long before these muppets shown up and got this gear.

Gear in 6.x was available to everyone, even better at 6.5 they fixed the enchant rates and everyone could get their end game stuff by simply getting the encient and upgrading it to the ultimate.

If you played in 6.x you simply ended up with the exact same pvp gear that the whales were playing. There was no exclusive gear to anyone, everyone hit the exact same ceiling and there was nobody relying on gear to win.

Unless you misspelled 7.x where all the extras came with extra slots, extra weird items, runes, gemstones, different tiers, different effects, extra skills, enchanted vs non enchanted, paragon items etc.

The whole 7.x patch makes 6.x seem like the best patch so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2021 at 3:16 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

Gear in 6.x was available to everyone, even better at 6.5 they fixed the enchant rates and everyone could get their end game stuff by simply getting the encient and upgrading it to the ultimate.

If you played in 6.x you simply ended up with the exact same pvp gear that the whales were playing. There was no exclusive gear to anyone, everyone hit the exact same ceiling and there was nobody relying on gear to win.

Unless you misspelled 7.x where all the extras came with extra slots, extra weird items, runes, gemstones, different tiers, different effects, extra skills, enchanted vs non enchanted, paragon items etc.

The whole 7.x patch makes 6.x seem like the best patch so far.

It comes down to the experience people had in 6.X. IMO unless you pro-actively played with non spenders/small spenders who did not have 5.X compensation you will never know their struggles. 

The gearing system became a squeeze designed to put pressure on the player. However it worked completely differently to how they expected. The bottom 10% of players quit because they feel hopeless, Next major event/patch comes along and then the next 10% quit and so on. Eventually those who were in the top 60-70% have become the new 10%. Even if you removed every single extra item, Stigma enchant/skills enchant/rune/gemstone and only left gear enchant you would still have the issue where players will quit because the goal is unachievable based on how the 6.0 gear design is.

+15 paragon is broken because of the 6.0 system not because it is +15 gear. I used my 30E armor and accessories from 1.X to 4.X till i replaced the accessories with BM gear. The armor i replaced when resplendent rank 1 gear came out. Imagine using gear from the original release till 3 major releases later and still feel relevant. This is the major reason people want classic. It does not matter about how many different items are enchantable it is all about how play-able the game is while not having something others have. The reality is of 6.0 update not 7.0 update is you are irrelevant till you have and if you have not you get farmed with 0 chance of any fun content till you have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It comes down to the experience people had in 6.X. IMO unless you pro-actively played with non spenders/small spenders who did not have 5.X compensation you will never know their struggles. 

The gearing system became a squeeze designed to put pressure on the player. However it worked completely differently to how they expected. The bottom 10% of players quit because they feel hopeless, Next major event/patch comes along and then the next 10% quit and so on. Eventually those who were in the top 60-70% have become the new 10%. Even if you removed every single extra item, Stigma enchant/skills enchant/rune/gemstone and only left gear enchant you would still have the issue where players will quit because the goal is unachievable based on how the 6.0 gear design is.

+15 paragon is broken because of the 6.0 system not because it is +15 gear. I used my 30E armor and accessories from 1.X to 4.X till i replaced the accessories with BM gear. The armor i replaced when resplendent rank 1 gear came out. Imagine using gear from the original release till 3 major releases later and still feel relevant. This is the major reason people want classic. It does not matter about how many different items are enchantable it is all about how play-able the game is while not having something others have. The reality is of 6.0 update not 7.0 update is you are irrelevant till you have and if you have not you get farmed with 0 chance of any fun content till you have.

You obviously mean the stat system and the dmg formula of 6.+. BUT if everyone can get the end game gear then it doesn't matter. the problem is that now in 7.x you simply can't get end game gear and if it is paragon it is even more impossible.

From 6.x patch only 6.0~6.2 was awful due to enchanting rates which was fixed in 6.5. Plus we went straight to 6.2.

In 6.5 they raised the enchant rate by a lot BUT we got the 6.5 enchant rate fix before 6.5 in NA.

Another thing we had in NA that nobody else had was the Boborunerk coins that we could morph lower enchants to higher enchants with materials that were dropping like rain. Not to mention we had Enshar with elite mobs that were giving a ton of XP.

Lastly everything you needed to progress was given free of charge by going in pvp instances and afking. Winning gave you 2x the rewards of losing, so losing took you simply twice as long to progress. BUT then we got another update that made all the upgrading materials account wh storable (except for the enchants). So people could get the fighting spirit fragments and the Ridium/Etium in a week if they wanted and played with all their alts in their account.

The struggle of 6.2 (which is what we got at start) lasted like 4 months or something until we got the 6.5 fix.

~~~

I will agree that 6.0 was the ugliest patch only because of the revamp destruction of Aion and every future update is based on it. If I have to compare the 6+ patches, the whole 7.x patch is garbage next to 6.x.

The 6.x gear progress was literally the most streamlined and easy than anything else. You literally bought the item you wanted and progressed it with materials given to you for free. all you had to do was log in and afk if you were bored.

And the 6.+ gear change (from magic boost to magic attack for example) is what you probably mean. But again, if everyone can reach end game gear, then the system works for everyone. The +15 paragon is a problem BECAUSE of how impossible it is to get it, not because of the 6.+ gear system.

~~~

As for the Blood Mark gear, we have the XP mark gear now, obviously not the best, but it gets you from naked to geared enough to run pretty much everything (except for hard mode instances that you can't run even if you are fully perma geared, but that is a 7.+ issue)

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Lastly everything you needed to progress was given free of charge by going in pvp instances and afking. Winning gave you 2x the rewards of losing, so losing took you simply twice as long to progress.

 

This is my point. It took people 2ce as long to progress in which 7.X already came out and pushed that line back another tier of gear they had to upgrade. This is why people gave up on the news of 7.0's release and you saw the mass quitting of players during that period.

This is not the case for everyone right, If it did there would be no top 10% and bottom 10% of players(outside of skill) it is that bottom 10% that is getting squeezed out month after month. No replacements come in because being behind for and entire major patch is a bad design. In which those who use to be in the top 60% are now in the bottom 10% and are feeling the same way those did back in the day for the reasons they quit. 

It does not matter if players X, Y and Z had a great time during those patches upgrading their gear getting if the rest of the alphabet had a hard time due to RNG in which caused people to go in to 7.X lazy and caused the eventual mass quit that you saw happening during the early 7.X days.

This is why even if you removed every single other enchantment/upgrading mechanic in the game aside from gear the game would of ended up back at this exact same point it is at now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

This is my point. It took people 2ce as long to progress in which 7.X already came out and pushed that line back another tier of gear they had to upgrade. This is why people gave up on the news of 7.0's release and you saw the mass quitting of players during that period.

This is not the case for everyone right, If it did there would be no top 10% and bottom 10% of players(outside of skill) it is that bottom 10% that is getting squeezed out month after month. No replacements come in because being behind for and entire major patch is a bad design. In which those who use to be in the top 60% are now in the bottom 10% and are feeling the same way those did back in the day for the reasons they quit. 

It does not matter if players X, Y and Z had a great time during those patches upgrading their gear getting if the rest of the alphabet had a hard time due to RNG in which caused people to go in to 7.X lazy and caused the eventual mass quit that you saw happening during the early 7.X days.

This is why even if you removed every single other enchantment/upgrading mechanic in the game aside from gear the game would of ended up back at this exact same point it is at now.

So you are after the 7.x gear progress not the 6.x.

If anything 6.x was the only patch I managed to reach end game gear and participate in every possible pve and pvp instance and sieges. There was never a single patch in the history that was more new user friendly than 6.5~6.7, the only struggle then was the transformation system which is now fixed.

In previous patches you still had to do exclusive things to progress, In 4.x it was The Eternal Bastion, in 5.8 it was Frozen Monolith. At other times you had to farm in pve to progress and get AP, or be in a legion to be in a fortress to enjoy exclusive content

In the whole 6.x patch there was no instance anyone couldn't do. Nothing was legion bound. There were no secret things for a few people that could enjoy away from everyone else.

In 7.x most instances are either exclusive to op groups or just hackers that pass through walls or hit the boss from flying upwards so they do not get hit and do not need heals. Fortresses and altars are legion exclusive benefits again. It is the 7.x patch that is the biggest garbage in the history of Aion.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 2:36 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Well first off there is no laws. There is ToS but there is no law saying players/developers have to uphold the terms of service in the virtual world.

Secondly why would a gaming social media outlet care about racial or gender issues? There is no inequality in gaming, You are either good or bad. Secondly you are under no pressure to get in voice chat with people so no one even knows if you are male/female/trans or w/e else people want to call them selves in this day and age.

If they wanted people to talk to each other they would of added voice coms to their game. Inequality does not exist in the gaming world.

you're saying a big fat bull.shit here boi

On 4/26/2021 at 2:49 AM, Viseris-KT said:

Good job on completely missing the laws metaphor. Secondly, because gaming news sites are not journalists nowdays, they are activists(US, UK ones, soon in a country near you if all goes on), they don't care about the games as a media, they care about pushing their social justice constructs into it, destroying it in the process, or has it complete eluded you how most games/movies/tv shows/comics touched by them have been twisted into lecturing you on race or gender or toxic masculinity or white supremacy or opression. Same goes for social media. Anyway.

A journalist can be an activist. I don't see the problem here.
Anyway social discussions are extremely welcome in the gamer community, which is mostly made up of privileged white men who don't understand shi.t about social injustice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

So you are after the 7.x gear progress not the 6.x.

It is the system of invalidation that is garbage not 6.X itself. 6.0 introduced this invalidation with the new gear system. It is not that everything in 6.X was unachievable but it became irrelevant when 7.X came out because the gear invalidated the BiS gear that people were working towards.

Which is why i mentioned my Aion experience during 1.X>4.0 using 30 armor and accessories and still feeling relevant. The old gear system allowed players to damage other players even when you had outdated gear. 6.0's gear system completely invalidates all previous gear. Like those in yellow gear will hit like a wet noodle on people with purple and those in purple will wet noodle people in red and so on. 

If the game ended at 6.5 and never had another patch then i would agree that 6.5 was so new player friendly but knowing how MMORPGs work and the way the gear works it is completely pointless in having a new-player friendly patch if the following patches are going to invalidate the progression they made to catch up in which is what 7.0 did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The old gear system allowed players to damage other players even when you had outdated gear. 6.0's gear system completely invalidates all previous gear. Like those in yellow gear will hit like a wet noodle on people with purple and those in purple will wet noodle people in red and so on. 

This.

As someone who quit/took a break pretty much every patch since 2.0, the nail in the coffin was 6.0 and it assured we would never be back.

Every patch I came back, I could still actually participate in PVP. In 1.5 I had 40 non elite which was still fine overall for offensive stats for the next patch and, even if I had a few pieces of PVE gear, I could still actually DAMAGE a player and their health would move. People were wearing fenris in pvp all the way up to 2.X! Then in 3.0 I had arena gear, all the way until I completed my aug 2, and even though it was worlds better, again, I could still take and deal damage against players.

Then came BM gear which was one of the best additions they ever had, because new players could easily get gear relatively quickly (4.X had other problems though..) and then from 5.X on the P2W got out of control. New and returning players could MAYBE kill a geared player if they completely outplayed them.. it was possible, but extremely hard. Regardless of that though, the playerbase was still large enough that they could have fun, do arenas and pvp, static instances and still be relative in group pvp content.

In 6.0, 12 of us who came back because the patch was advertised as a "reset" we were pretty hype.

Like I always did, I immediately went out to explore and pvp on release day, I found some no name sorc who was impressively bad, and I fought him for about 4min before he finally killed me, and I didn't move his health an inch. It was the most insane thing I ever witnessed in the history of gaming. Me and all my friends quit the same day. Having a P2W event right before and giving everyone in their mom gear that outclassed that much when they ALREADY had gear that did just that to a lesser extent, was the most monumental kill switch they ever did.

You couldn't do ANYTHING in 6.0 as a new or returning player. You couldn't even THINK about pvping even in a group and that has NEVER happened before in the history of the game. You were always able to at least be relevant in group things, and be able to at least move people's health bars even undergeared...

But holy FK. Pretty much everyone I knew quit in 6.0. My friend list use to be scrollable for many lines pretty much the entire time I played and from that point on when I'd pop in to check it out; nobody. Not a single soul. And there were at max anywhere from 80-150 people online asmo side, even during EST prime time.

Now, the amount of things a player needs to actually farm to be relevant is through the roof. Cubes, transforms, accessories, plumes, weapons gear, buffs... It's so much its just not even possible without spending money, large amounts of money at that. By the time you even got half way to being remotely competitive a new patch would be out and you'd be starting from behind again, all while the spenders get more monumentally ahead of you every single event.

Like, honestly, the game is unsalvageable. It will NEVER get new players or returning players. If they do, they'll be super casual anyways and open world pvp will never be relevant, which is all Aion was about.

5.X+ ruined the games chance at growth (it actually use to grow every patch) and 6.X+ made sure to put multiple nails in the coffin. 8.X is already proven to be a complete failure in Korea, they had to merge their last servers just to make it playable. The live forum pretty much get bombarded with people telling them to let Live burn and focus on improving classic. It's created an extremely toxic community because there's a lot of jaded players, and people who are pissed at them juggling two games and giving the one with 200 players the most time while 100K subscribers on Classic are getting ignored, and have 7,000+ 3-5hr que times just to login to the game.

Edited by Vinley-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It is the system of invalidation that is garbage not 6.X itself. 6.0 introduced this invalidation with the new gear system. It is not that everything in 6.X was unachievable but it became irrelevant when 7.X came out because the gear invalidated the BiS gear that people were working towards.

Which is why i mentioned my Aion experience during 1.X>4.0 using 30 armor and accessories and still feeling relevant. The old gear system allowed players to damage other players even when you had outdated gear. 6.0's gear system completely invalidates all previous gear. Like those in yellow gear will hit like a wet noodle on people with purple and those in purple will wet noodle people in red and so on. 

If the game ended at 6.5 and never had another patch then i would agree that 6.5 was so new player friendly but knowing how MMORPGs work and the way the gear works it is completely pointless in having a new-player friendly patch if the following patches are going to invalidate the progression they made to catch up in which is what 7.0 did.

The invalidation existed every time we got a new patch and/or a new level cap. There was a time that 50 lvl was cap and 50 level gear was top, then we got 55 level and then 60 and 65 and so on. Every time there was a new upgrade people would have to farm new coins from bronze to silver to gold to platinum and then ceranium and get a new gear from scratch. Their previous gear was 100% invalid but was becoming outdated. The new gear was better than the previous and it was also irrelevant to whether you had it or not. Plus getting the medals and AP to upgrade was very labor intensive and limited. You were getting medals exclusively from sieges or some super hard instances (like Eternal Bastion or Frozen monolith).

I remember managing o craft a balaur weapon painfully hardcore and then a new patch would come with new gear.

6.x's gear Inquisitor/Vindicator were upgradeable to Dark Talon in 7.0. The transition from 6.x to 7.0, gear wise, was the smootheest possible than any other patch, people who had the gear didn't have to get rid of it and start over, they simply upgraded it and it was rather easy because the Etium were now account wh storable. And the 6.x pvp gear was still relevant enough for a few months. New players didn't even have to go that route, they could start from the beginning directly from Dark Talon series.

But in 7.x everything started become op, new slots, new gear, new impossible items, new stats, collections etc. At 7.5 they implemented a newer gear that invalidated Dark Talon and it wasn't even acquirable via pvp means but glide hacking pve content. PvP instances were no longer relevant in gearing towards pvp gear. At 7.7 they brought TT and Bitterthorn which is a fraction better than Dark Talon but totally irrelevant to progress.

If they kept the 6.x gear progression then Dark Talon should be upgradeable to Bitterthron. 

6.5~6.7 was the best when it came to gear progress than any patch in the whole history of Aion (I exclude 6.0/6.2 due to enchant rates being too low).

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The invalidation existed every time we got a new patch and/or a new level cap. There was a time that 50 lvl was cap and 50 level gear was top, then we got 55 level and then 60 and 65 and so on. Every time there was a new upgrade people would have to farm new coins from bronze to silver to gold to platinum and then ceranium and get a new gear from scratch. Their previous gear was 100% invalid but was becoming outdated. The new gear was better than the previous and it was also irrelevant to whether you had it or not. Plus getting the medals and AP to upgrade was very labor intensive and limited. You were getting medals exclusively from sieges or some super hard instances (like Eternal Bastion or Frozen monolith).

You are looking purely at the stats of items not looking at the viable option of outdated gear.

Answer me this, If you had full red gear and a clone of you had half yellow half purple gear with a red weapon who would win and what % would that win rate be if we had 50,000 duels?

This is what invalidation of gear is. This is why i need to quote myself

Quote

i mentioned my Aion experience during 1.X>4.0 using 30 armor and accessories and still feeling relevant. 

I did S rank DP in 30E that gear and was always top dps(note we had no sorcs) a timed instance in which you have to have decent dps to complete or the boss despawned or to many adds came out i forget which one now.

I did Stormwing back in the day non loci res/sorc gate method because our group did not know of such methods.

I did DLR in 30E and it did not make healing the wave attacks any harder on the clerics of our group.

I could competitively PvP and steal yellow chests from other players who were in 60 PvP gear.

I am not trying to brag about how good i was because when it comes to Aion i am an average player...Hell i was probably below average but no matter how average i was i still felt competitive in both PvP and PvE content. The Msup that came in 4.0 was to good to pass up in which i was using ancient coin gear till i got my full exalted set(the double purple proc gear) then i rerolled to cleric. All of that content was done in 30E armor and 30 accessories.

Back in the day gear was not invalidated it felt nice to get an upgrade. The 6.0 gear progression point in which only new/returning players will understand was to hard to achieve before you could start having fun.

 

Tbh vinley explains it far better than what i do anyways. What vin said and remember him and his friends are returning users.

This is why again going back to my original point of the silver lining how people who had this strong gear since 6.0's early days are QQing the most about not being able to fight people in +15 paragon gear. They now know how and why people quit back in 6.0 and it was not because you could not eventually catch up it was because you were completely invalidated as a player until you caught up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

You are looking purely at the stats of items not looking at the viable option of outdated gear.

Answer me this, If you had full red gear and a clone of you had half yellow half purple gear with a red weapon who would win and what % would that win rate be if we had 50,000 duels?

This is what invalidation of gear is. This is why i need to quote myself

I did S rank DP in 30E that gear and was always top dps(note we had no sorcs) a timed instance in which you have to have decent dps to complete or the boss despawned or to many adds came out i forget which one now.

I did Stormwing back in the day non loci res/sorc gate method because our group did not know of such methods.

I did DLR in 30E and it did not make healing the wave attacks any harder on the clerics of our group.

I could competitively PvP and steal yellow chests from other players who were in 60 PvP gear.

I am not trying to brag about how good i was because when it comes to Aion i am an average player...Hell i was probably below average but no matter how average i was i still felt competitive in both PvP and PvE content. The Msup that came in 4.0 was to good to pass up in which i was using ancient coin gear till i got my full exalted set(the double purple proc gear) then i rerolled to cleric. All of that content was done in 30E armor and 30 accessories.

Back in the day gear was not invalidated it felt nice to get an upgrade. The 6.0 gear progression point in which only new/returning players will understand was to hard to achieve before you could start having fun.

 

Tbh vinley explains it far better than what i do anyways. What vin said and remember him and his friends are returning users.

This is why again going back to my original point of the silver lining how people who had this strong gear since 6.0's early days are QQing the most about not being able to fight people in +15 paragon gear. They now know how and why people quit back in 6.0 and it was not because you could not eventually catch up it was because you were completely invalidated as a player until you caught up.

So you are after the damage formula of the revamp as I mentioned before.

It is more linear now and it can get higher stats by every gear tier and that is absolutely true. Magic Boost acted differently than magic attack which is more straight forward. M.boost was just a multiplier stat of the base skill power. At some point you had no incentive to upgrade your gear for pve for example since you already got the m.boost cap on mobs. For magic attack the "cap" is when your magic attack is +20.000 than the enemy's m.def so there is plenty of room to progress and a greater incentive to upgrade gear.

If someone had ancients and legendaries it means he started 2~3 weeks ago. As long as everyone can reach end game gear then there is no issue but wanting to reach end game or not be able to duel in ancients is not the reason why people quit the game. For me the ability to progress is what matters. Everyone can get the ultimate to be able to pvp in 6.x

In 7.x you simply can't get what you need for end game pvp.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

So you are after the damage formula of the revamp as I mentioned before.

What was the damage formula's change intended for? To change how the gear works. It was not made for the new skills it was not made for stigma's it was made specifically for the new gear change that came with 6.0.

11 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

At some point you had no incentive to upgrade your gear for pve for example since you already got the m.boost cap on mobs. For magic attack the "cap" is when your magic attack is +20.000 than the enemy's m.def so there is plenty of room to progress and a greater incentive to upgrade gear.

In which again it sounds like you never had legendary gear since 5.X release because you had 12-15k magic attack or w/e it was with purple gear on and some classes like ranger/glad and so on that had good attack modifiers could get higher.

Quote

If someone had ancients and legendaries it means he started 2~3 weeks ago. As long as everyone can reach end game gear then there is no issue but wanting to reach end game or not be able to duel in ancients is not the reason why people quit the game. 

Ok then lets say your clone had full +15 legendary gear and you had full +0 ultimate and you dueled 50,000 times who would win? The answer is still the one with ultimate gear wins 50,000 fights out of 50,000 fights. 

Remember you could not re-roll stats back in the day on legendary gear so you were stuck at that 12-15k mag att or w/e it was. I know it was something stupidly low compared to the defensive stats you could attain on ultimate gear.

Quote

For me the ability to progress is what matters. Everyone can get the ultimate to be able to pvp in 6.x

It genuinely mind boggles me how someone can have such a mobile gamer mindset when they say they would never play mobile games. The ability to progress is the foundation of mobile gameplay and this is why people get sucked in to spending because they want to progress faster and faster and faster.

The ability to to have fun in a video game is what matters, If you can not use the gear you worked for then you are just collecting upgraded gear in which again mobile games are all designed that way so it mind boggles me how you can like it in PC games but not want to play mobile games.

Not everyone could get ultimate gear in 6.X you are dreaming if you think everyone went in to 7.0 with ultimate gear...Hell the moment 7.X was announced and video's came out on how the new gear works almost every single person i knew stopped working on their non ultimate gear and saved up stones for when 7.0 hit. 
 

Hindsight is 20/20 and i am sure in a way you are right in a way. Everyone could of got ultimate gear if they had of known events like the stormwing egg event was coming out and so on. I have never met anyone who got 17 upgraded pieces of gear go OMG i am still hitting for 100-300 damage i love this game. It is the gear that caused so many to quit because the damage formula was created for the gear.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...