Paragon exploit.

Magic damage formula currently is still the same as it was in 3.0 where magic suppression was introduced. Except the net magic boost cap (magic attack - magic defense) varied from 2,900 in early classic to 3,200 in 5.x.

But players had much lower HP then, and and PvP damage modifier was a high as around 50% in early classic, reduced to 42% since 4.0.

Since reFly (6.0+), net magic attack cap is 20,000, PvP damage modifier is 26%, and players have much higher HP than before.

When that stat was introduced, all previous 1.x and 2.x gear were invalidated for PvP against magic classes (except for plates, where magic suppression on plate armor were very low)

In late classic, common mobs had 0 magic suppression while bosses had 1.6~2.5k. All mobs seemed to had 0 magic boost / magic suppression rendering magic suppression stat on PvE armor useless.

In reFly (6.0+) all mobs now have substantial magic attack and magic defense stats. see my document on mob stats

The big change with reFly is the physical damage formula which is now almost the same as the magic damage formula, with the same 20,000 net physical attack cap.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/30/2021 at 8:34 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Not everyone could get ultimate gear in 6.X you are dreaming if you think everyone went in to 7.0 with ultimate gear...Hell the moment 7.X was announced and video's came out on how the new gear works almost every single person i knew stopped working on their non ultimate gear and saved up stones for when 7.0 hit. 

I am sorry but this means you didn't play 6.x at all or you quit at 6.2 because of the enchant rates. You could afk every pvp instance and get geared in full ultimate +15 from the end of 6.3 and all the way up to pre 6.7.

PvP instances gave you spirit fragments, AP and ancient/legendary enchants... which is the exact three items you needed to reach ultimate +15.

It genuinely mind boggles me how someone can have such a mobile gamer mindset when they say they would never play mobile games. The ability to progress is the foundation of mobile gameplay and this is why people get sucked in to spending because they want to progress faster and faster and faster.

MMORPGs are about progressing and building your character. If you dislike it you need to play shooter games which resets at every stage. In the old days progressing was ten times slower and harder due to limitation of medal acquisition and the amount of XP you needed to progress to end game content and end game skills.

In 6.x the progress was there for everyone to reach end game in a few months worth of game play and leveling was not one of them.

Monile games are not about progress, they are about participating and simply logging. You cannot have a real mmorpg in mobile for this specific reason (and because you need a keyboard and a mouse to play an mmorpg the correct way)

Hindsight is 20/20 and i am sure in a way you are right in a way. Everyone could of got ultimate gear if they had of known events like the stormwing egg event was coming out and so on. I have never met anyone who got 17 upgraded pieces of gear go OMG i am still hitting for 100-300 damage i love this game. It is the gear that caused so many to quit because the damage formula was created for the gear.

Getting ultimate +15 was done even by afking pvp instances, if you participated and won... you were twice as fast. I do not know why you think people couldn't get to end game, the game gave you everything you needed.

In 6.x it was the first time you could reset instances with luna and run another round of free pvp items. In previous patches this was either impossible or done only via BCM reset tickets. And the luna was for the very first time craftable by simply playing the game free to play.

I have never met anyone who got 17 upgraded pieces of gear go OMG i am still hitting for 100-300 damage i love this game. It is the gear that caused so many to quit because the damage formula was created for the gear.

I have never met a single person that didn't have ultimate +15 as long as they played the game and burned all their pvp entries. All of my friends, including those who quit got the end game, and when they  implemented the morphing recipes in NA there was no excuse, you could get ultimate enchants by morphing them. By the end of the 6.x I had almost 1000x pve and pvp enchant stones and a +15 set.

in 6.x you couldn't get 17 pieces of ultimate +15 and hit for 100 dmg... this is 7.x BECAUSE 7.x requires special items to win, in 6.x there were none of these. The ceiling was Lakrum PvP gear +15 and everyone had access to it.

...you didn't play Aion in 6.x did you? Or better, how much of it did you play?

Archived