**GM HAS ACTED**

Chekula

12 minutes ago, Forgive-KT said:

I am not asking for player names or how you guys investigate it.  We need to know the amount of players banned. We need to know if all items were removed regardless of how they were purchased or acquired. Even some transparency will go a long way considering this issue is legit game breaking. 

Also some info on HOW they actually got their paragon +15 items.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

You've probably noticed this elsewhere, but in general gaming companies do not provide full transparency when it comes to exploits and cheats. You may personally receive an affirmation that "a report" you made "led to action", or a company may distrubte total quantity of bans related to a ban-wave. There are varying levels of transparency that can be shared, but full is pretty much never an option.

Over my career at various gaming companies, I've been told a few reasons why the vague replies are necessary, and I'll share the two that were the most memorable to me:

• A head of legal counsel once informed me that if you include player details, you open the opportunity for that player to sue for libel. They can contest that what you claimed they did a court of law, and sue for monetary damages (rather than just say, a ban reversal). Sharing player details poses a legal threat.

• An IT security teammate told me, this was prehaps 2-3 years ago now, that sharing any operative details about a ban has the potential to provide tools to would-be hackers/exploiters/etc (I don't remember their exact words, but this was the gist). For this reason, you'll rarely see an explanation of how systems were compromised, how or how many players are being tracked down, etc. Because that info could be used to inform a team's security adverseries.

These are just general recollections regarding my experience in serving in a communications role for gaming companies, and I'm not saying this particular situation relates to these risks. But I often remember them when I'm being told we "cannot share more" with players. Security, in most cases, is prioritized over transparency and I personally think it's often for the better.

Hope this sheds some light ❤️

That is perfect, at least you are communicating and that is what will help us get there...

I don't think full transparency is required, however, there need to be something more than just "work in progress" or "issue solved".

Like, What Ncwest did to guarantee that the players that abused the system was punished and that no one else is left behind with the item?

Can the community support the work? (sample: just unlock the in game view detail and I'm pretty sure people will raise concern when they see something is weird/off).

I can assure you people are less likely to invest their time/money into a game that they don't trust...so engage us, and gain trust, or just give the same standard answer and say goodbye to the rest of the population who insist on playing this nyerk game.

I don't think you guys should care about the players as much as the obvious GM(s) with the side gig.

Although maybe it's not a side gig... maybe this is how NCW plans to solve their debt in all their games lol?

Imagine, giving people obviously ban-leading gear. Banning them, and then charging them for an unban.

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

You've probably noticed this elsewhere, but in general gaming companies do not provide full transparency when it comes to exploits and cheats. You may personally receive an affirmation that "a report" you made "led to action", or a company may distrubte total quantity of bans related to a ban-wave. There are varying levels of transparency that can be shared, but full is pretty much never an option.

Over my career at various gaming companies, I've been told a few reasons why the vague replies are necessary, and I'll share the two that were the most memorable to me:

• A head of legal counsel once informed me that if you include player details, you open the opportunity for that player to sue for libel. They can contest that what you claimed they did a court of law, and sue for monetary damages (rather than just say, a ban reversal). Sharing player details poses a legal threat.

• An IT security teammate told me, this was prehaps 2-3 years ago now, that sharing any operative details about a ban has the potential to provide tools to would-be hackers/exploiters/etc (I don't remember their exact words, but this was the gist). For this reason, you'll rarely see an explanation of how systems were compromised, how or how many players are being tracked down, etc. Because that info could be used to inform a team's security adverseries.

These are just general recollections regarding my experience in serving in a communications role for gaming companies, and I'm not saying this particular situation relates to these risks. But I often remember them when I'm being told we "cannot share more" with players. Security, in most cases, is prioritized over transparency and I personally think it's often for the better.

I understand that you cant go over and give names, information, details etc. But at the bare minimum you should give some less broad information. Like, "We permanently banned all the players that benefited from this exploit, and have deleted any items which were not obtained legitimately. Like through broker, or other trades. The GM(s) responsible for this exploit has been terminated (OR) the way in which GM(s) were capable of giving these items to players has been  stopped and they will no longer be able to create, or disrupt these items. If there are any players which still have these items, please contact support and report them so we can take the required actions for punishment. Thank you."

I want to clarify, this is not a response from NCWest for anyone who may be confused, but is an example of the transparency, i feel, people are asking for - including myself. The problem isnt that players want detailed information, the problem is there were no details to begin with. Im not a lawyer or anything, but when discussing generalized players as a whole if you say theyre banned I dont think thats giving away personal information, or enough for them to sue. And as for the GM, the player base deserves to know what happened with them. How can we trust the system if a GM might or might not be running around giving players free stuff still. 

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Not good enough with this kind of reply I'm convinced  you somehow have your hands dirty too or know who and this is just a cover up business as usual.

I don't really care how the unauthorized Paragon gear got into circulation, or who the guilty parties were, other than out of natural curiosity.

What I care about is knowing that the problem is being solved, so I can get on with the game.

The gear imbalance was already bad enough prior to the injection of unauthorized super gear,  glad that's over.

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

We understand that too much information could lead to abuse or even some way to understand what happened to explot it in the future, but, we been around aion for too many years to understand that "we are investigating the players in question" is a lame answer.

We repeatedly reported many players who abused, exploited or even used hacks in-game with proof, just to see the player in question logged in the game everyday for years, this lead us to think, are they trully investigating or using the excuse that information is not suppose to be shared just to neglect doing their jobs?

I really hope actions is being take and people investigated in deep levels, as you said it was an exploit or abuse of some way of the game mechanic or server instability, if it was a gm or support giving away items without enough knowledge we probably would think this game is done for.

Never the less, all we ask is something like "we took action against players removing the items in question or banning some players permanently" otherwise we may think the team is making the community to go as fools with all the commitment we made towards this case.

• Aion Team

Alright ya'll - so I've managed to get some more additional info to share after raising your concerns to the Game Team.

1) Accounts we've 'actioned' so far have been permanently ban. There is (and I quote) "no way in hell" these accounts will be permitted to play ever again.

2) I see some comments circulating about GM abuse. I've gotten approval to state that this was not GM abuse, or anything of that sort.

3) Regarding other questions - the team has said they're willing to share more details once our investigation is complete. They wanted to highlight that we are still in the process of a thorough investigation, and the earlier comments were merely to let everyone know that we are "on the case". We'll be happy to share more info (that doesn't put us at risk) once this is said and done.

Thanks for keeping this thread rather healthy and being reasonable despite the issue. I know this has been a frustrating experience for some of you. Hopefully these extra details bring a little more context and some desired transparency!

👋

Just now, Kibbelz said:

Alright ya'll - so I've managed to get some more additional info to share after raising your concerns to the Game Team.

1) Accounts we've 'actioned' so far have been permanently ban. There is (and I quote) "no way in hell" these accounts will be permitted to play ever again.

2) I see some comments circulating about GM abuse. I've gotten approval to state that this was not GM abuse, or anything of that sort.

3) Regarding other questions - the team has said they're willing to share more details once our investigation is complete. They wanted to highlight that we are still in the process of a thorough investigation, and the earlier comments were merely to let everyone know that we are "on the case". We'll be happy to share more info (that doesn't put us at risk) once this is said and done.

Thanks for keeping this thread rather healthy and being reasonable despite the issue. I know this has been a frustrating experience for some of you. Hopefully these extra details bring a little more context and some desired transparency!

👋

That's some info we like to hear, abusers in question (we all know who they are so no need to quote names) banned, and we are glad to know that the team was not involved in this scandal!

Now to track whoever started this and look deep enough to find every item that was made in the process to be removed from the game.

Another suggestion that would make the community safe and self aware would be the complete removal of the "Decline view details" option from the game, so we know when those things happens and can help ncwest team to take actions faster than never.

Ty @Kibbelz even tho late response still ty a lot

pls once again investigate warehouses or any paragon came into game like last month 

and also source where came

because not just Paragon items but also other crucial items such as runestone , Wise dragon weapon with skill

and who knows what else

pls take good time and pay attention into details for every aspect 

thanks once again in name of community 

1 hour ago, ForumBatman said:

We understand that too much information could lead to abuse or even some way to understand what happened to explot it in the future, but, we been around aion for too many years to understand that "we are investigating the players in question" is a lame answer.

We repeatedly reported many players who abused, exploited or even used hacks in-game with proof, just to see the player in question logged in the game everyday for years, this lead us to think, are they trully investigating or using the excuse that information is not suppose to be shared just to neglect doing their jobs?

I really hope actions is being take and people investigated in deep levels, as you said it was an exploit or abuse of some way of the game mechanic or server instability, if it was a gm or support giving away items without enough knowledge we probably would think this game is done for.

Never the less, all we ask is something like "we took action against players removing the items in question or banning some players permanently" otherwise we may think the team is making the community to go as fools with all the commitment we made towards this case.

Dude you the worst guy in this thing.1st you got caught hacking multiple times and botting/scripting.2nd your whole team are full of scripters/hackers and can name them all aka Aiyana/Brunao/Bowman/Thunderspank/You etc...

21 minutes ago, FUGARESCARED said:

Dude you the worst guy in this thing.1st you got caught hacking multiple times and botting/scripting.2nd your whole team are full of scripters/hackers and can name them all aka Aiyana/Brunao/Bowman/Thunderspank/You etc...

Sure, for posting in an alt account  your name is worse than everyones for sure and would have 0 credit, right, golden?

Also, theres literally one and only name that is worst than the mentioned above, and he knows who he is but can't post in his main taking shit cause he already have a warning on his main account

🤡

6 minutes ago, ForumBatman said:

Literally the scammer of paragons

Isnt this alt account of urs MR Batman? I heard you been jealous because others got better scripts than you and your little team of hackers.And yet again when someone accusing you and your friends for all this shit.Your friends answer is always "But everyone hacks nowadays, so i am ok with them" 

Just now, FUGARESCARED said:

Isnt this alt account of urs MR Batman? I heard you been jealous because others got better scripts than you and your little team of hackers.And yet again when someone accusing you and your friends for all this shit.Your friends answer is always "But everyone hacks nowadays, so i am ok with them" 

Nah, you can check name history i have nothing to hide unlike you.

2 minutes ago, FUGARESCARED said:

Yea yea nothing to hide.Explain us  about this ,since this is your Friend right?

Why should i answer for him? He does what he pleases, also literally anything coming from you should be take with a grain of salt.

Screenshot_20210424-123426_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20210424-160901_Discord.jpg

Case closed.

Lmao, the story reapeats... this reminds me of Benny Lava legion in 1.x era. Naruto got banned for being caught cheating while steaming, then he decided to denounce that his entire legion got a full +10 abyss set from GMs, then everybody got perma banned.

This happens since 1.5...  not going to end now, and before people saying Kibbels confirmed it’s not a GM issue, I don’t believe him.

Archived