Big Rant about recent events

3 minutes ago, GenericUser46589 said:

I also do think the staff should just permanently delete all exploited items instead of perma banning the small population already but /shrugs

Exactly, ncwest should have double standarts in this case, they probably did that to more players but i was the only one brave enough to rant here in the forums.

Taking this action so hasty and so harsh is a bit suspicious which led me to think they are covering something from an inside job.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, TrueCommunityHero said:

I can assure you the only thing i can think of to be banable was the paragon i bought from the broker, if i knew there was something i wouldn't even bother to make all this wall of text... plus the reason they banning now is because of the big comotion the community made about the issue, otherwise they wouldn't even bother.

You can assure me all you like but I just don't believe it, sorry. I see a lot of people who had these weapons still running around. I assume they were careful and their main account isn't tied to the items in question so easily or there isn't blatant proof of something like RMT. Who knows though, maybe the wave just hasn't reached them yet. Perhaps they are just too big of spenders to get the ban. I'm going with the thing that is most likely to me though, the old trustly Occam's Razor, it has been good to me in the past.

16 minutes ago, Crush said:

You can assure me all you like but I just don't believe it, sorry. I see a lot of people who had these weapons still running around. I assume they were careful and their main account isn't tied to the items in question so easily or there isn't blatant proof of something like RMT. Who knows though, maybe the wave just hasn't reached them yet. Perhaps they are just too big of spenders to get the ban. I'm going with the thing that is most likely to me though, the old trustly Occam's Razor, it has been good to me in the past.

Yeah i understand, the main reason of this topic is to see if @Kibbelz @Hime or @Loki go thru a more detailed investigation on the accounts like mine, i wouldn't be asking if i knew i had more stuff in it, i just want some a little bit more of fairness.

I haven't read anything past the main thread, +7 is not impossible to make as the chance is 5.6%... not that impossible. I am saying this because it is not like you purchased a +10 for 3,5B.

The price probably seems kinda low to be honest but I assume the guy selling it was probably trying fast to cash out and trade his kinah to another account that will not get banned.

Personally, if I found a +7 paragon for 3,5B I would probably buy it myself too. So that means that nobody is safe now.

P.S. 50.000$ for the game!!! I haven't spend that much in my whole life, will you be my sugar daddy?

46 minutes ago, Crush said:

We have no reason not to trust this guy and the fact that people who were publicly exposed using +15 paragon still not banned is one more argument that support is not doing their job right. Seriously there are many examples of inadequate support behaviour, let alone the guy who cannot restore his rune because support telling him it was "overwritten" and it is an "intended game mechanics", while half the server are telling the opposite. But they know better.

I also don't understand people who are telling "why you bought this item from broker while you knew about the ongoing paragon scandal". Why not ? Like I said before, it's totally normal to have a +7 paragon. I knew some people who had +6 paragon gear BEFORE the Tia event so after event they could easily get it to +8 or even +9. I would even say that someone who could only make a +7 was not very lucky or had limited ressources.

In the frame of paragon exploit discussion, there were people who predicted that it may happen that someone who buys an "illegitimate" paragon from broker without knowing it can get banned - and here you go, we have already a fresh example.

And there is no excuse for being "harsh" with players wh possess paragon gear, if they got it in a legitimate way. But like I said, in this game support can do whatever you want with player accounts.

Paragon in Aion becomes something like drugs in real life. And people who sell it are considered as drug dealers.

2 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I haven't read anything past the main thread, so I am not sure if anyone else said it, if you indeed purchased a paragon +7 then it is possible to be enchanted to +7 in legit means too, it is like 5,6% chance to occur which is not that bad.

The price probably seems kinda low to be honest but I assume the guy selling it was probably trying fast to cash out and trade his kinah to another account that will not get banned.

Personally, if I found a +7 paragon for 3,5B I would probably buy it myself too. So that means that nobody is safe now.

P.S. 50.000$ for the game!!! I haven't spend that much in my whole life, will you be my sugar daddy?

I just sold a +6 para orb for 1.6bil on broker because I've been advertising it on lfg for weeks and NO ONE was interested. So I just put it on broker for a low price because would be even harder to sell it after, and I'm glad I did it before all that paragon scandal. No one was buying paragon recently because many ppl gave up on that due to difficult enchanting, and now no one gonny buy it because ppl are getting banned for it. So, 3.5bil for a +7 paragon doesn^t look like too cheap for me at all.

7 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I just sold a +6 para orb for 1.6bil on broker because I've been advertising it on lfg for weeks and NO ONE was interested. So I just put it on broker for a low price because would be even harder to sell it after, and I'm glad I did it before all that paragon scandal. No one was buying paragon recently because many ppl gave up on that due to difficult enchanting, and now no one gonny buy it because ppl are getting banned for it. So, 3.5bil for a +7 paragon doesn^t look like too cheap for me at all.

We probably all assume he is our race/server so maybe this is the reason why price indifferences might come to the post. I know you are elyos for example, I do not know your prices.

In our server I was selling shining raz for close to 200k and then I asked a friend from DN how much is it there and he told me it was less than 80k lolz.

1 minute ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

We probably all assume he is our race/server so maybe this is the reason why price indifferences might come to the post. I know you are elyos for example, I do not know your prices.

In our server I was selling shining raz for close to 200k and then I asked a friend from DN how much is it there and he told me it was less than 80k lolz.

read my forum name (on the left) and it will tell you what server I am playing  :P 

11 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

read my forum name (on the left) and it will tell you what server I am playing  :P 

The original poster doesn't have any suffix as it is a new thing on forums for new members.

Plus we still have a different economy because you are a traitorous elyos, I am glorious asmodian. Shame on you!

A8203-C5-D-D9-B0-4-DC2-A7-D7-A194660-D9-

13 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The original poster doesn't have any suffix as it is a new thing on forums for new members.

Plus we still have a different economy because you are a traitorous elyos, I am glorious asmodian. Shame on you!

A8203-C5-D-D9-B0-4-DC2-A7-D7-A194660-D9-

B0VQ6lG.png

I will not yield to provocations but I'd rather say shame is reserved for someone who couldn't guess my server name 😛 

2 minutes ago, Crush said:

In case you forgot, we're on the internet. 

Yes we are, but I don’t see why you are taking side of NC west from the start. In my mindset, when I see a post like that, I’d rather trust the topic starter before official comments from the company are released. Point of view « don’t trust whatever is posted by players» on forum is toxic for the player community. Next time, when you are affected by an abuse from GM, we will say the same thing - we do not trust you and the GMs are always right.

2 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Yes we are, but I don’t see why you are taking side of NC west from the start. In my mindset, when I see a post like that, I’d rather trust the topic starter before official comments from the company are released. Point of view « don’t trust whatever is posted by players» on forum is toxic for the player community. Next time, when you are affected by an abuse from GM, we will say the same thing - we do not trust you and the GMs are always right.

In my experience with the GMs here I've always been treated fairly. I've been falsely flagged for things before and after talking to them I had a ban lifted (they thought I was account sharing). When I have been naughty in the past they punished me and I accepted it (glitching Padmarashka). If this guy is innocent I have no doubt he can get it cleared, if they have strong evidence then he won't. I've known many people who did a lot of bad things and they were only punished when the proof was overwhelming and their charges were quite serious. I've never known this company to ban lightly in L2, GW2 or Aion.

19 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

B0VQ6lG.png

I will not yield to provocations but I'd rather say shame is reserved for someone who couldn't guess my server name 😛 

Bruh I know, I didn't say this for you, I already know you are Elyo KT but when we talk about prices everyone "assumes" we talk about their server. You and I are different races so our economy is different. The original poster doesn't have a suffix and even if it did we do not know his race either.

1 minute ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You and I are different races.

Wow so racist :P

3 minutes ago, Crush said:

In my experience with the GMs here I've always been treated fairly. I've been falsely flagged for things before and after talking to them I had a ban lifted (they thought I was account sharing). When I have been naughty in the past they punished me and I accepted it (glitching Padmarashka). If this guy is innocent I have no doubt he can get it cleared, if they have strong evidence then he won't. I've known many people who did a lot of bad things and they were only punished when the proof was overwhelming and their charges were quite serious. I've never known this company to ban lightly in L2, GW2 or Aion.

I’m happy for you yet I cannot say the same thing for myself - I was recently denied stormwing orb transfer by Support while other players did it before. In any case, please do not generalize your experience with this company to others.

1 hour ago, TrueCommunityHero said:
2 hours ago, GenericUser46589 said:

I also do think the staff should just permanently delete all exploited items instead of perma banning the small population already but /shrugs

Exactly, ncwest should have double standarts in this case, they probably did that to more players but i was the only one brave enough to rant here in the forums.

Yeah I'm pretty sure this happened to many others, honestly taking items away would have been the best option instead of banning accounts. Then of course investigate where all these items came from and punish them. 

We are already a short community.

11 minutes ago, Crush said:

That's totally a different matter, now they are investigating cause the community asked them and threatned to go to the korea website or even korea digital websites, after the l2 scandal they are really afraid of anything of the sort happening, so to show how good the job they are doing for the community to keep them calm they are probably banning every single person related to the person who abused in the first place.

Imo a unfair ban is the same weight as people who abuse the paragon, both should have the same priority, and that's all im asking.

17 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

please do not generalize your experience with this company to others.

No sorry, I will use my prior experience to determine how I interpret things. It is what a logical person does. I don't agree that this matter is similar enough to the Stormwing fiasco to be applied here. I'm solely drawing on my experience of bans that have been handed out before either to me or a close IRL friend.  These are my experiences and my conclusions based on  those experiences, I don't expect you to believe me and I don't expect you to have those same experiences. You can have your own conclusions that is fine, but I'm going to state mine nonetheless just like you'll state yours.

You can go ahead and believe what some person says on the forums though, I don't really care.

7 minutes ago, TrueCommunityHero said:

now they are investigating cause the community asked them and threatned to go to the korea website or even korea digital websites,

You don't know that for sure.

3 minutes ago, Crush said:

No sorry, I will use my prior experience to determine how I interpret things. It is what a logical person does. I don't agree that this matter is similar enough to the Stormwing fiasco to be applied here. I'm solely drawing on my experience of bans that have been handed out before. 

You can go ahead and believe what some person says on the forums though, I don't really care.

You don't know that for sure.

??

For how many years people report hackers and other things with video proof, all they need to do is observe the account in question and ban them, but do they do that? Maybe they would  if people actually put the effort like we did in the paragon thing.

10 minutes ago, TrueCommunityHero said:

??

For how many years people report hackers and other things with video proof, all they need to do is observe the account in question and ban them, but do they do that? Maybe they would  if people actually put the effort like we did in the paragon thing.

Well good, you've solved the problem of making NCSoft do what you want. Write Korea and get your account back if you are innocent.

13 minutes ago, Crush said:

No sorry, I will use my prior experience to determine how I interpret things. It is what a logical person does.

This is what a short-minded person does. A logical person takes into account the widest information possible and learns from the others and not from himself. I can't imagine how you were studying in University (if you were) with that mindset.

12 minutes ago, TrueCommunityHero said:

??

Let him be, this guy is biased.

Just now, Crush said:

Well good, you've solved the problem of making NCSoft do what you want. Write Korea and get your account back if you are innocent.

That's literally what im trying to do, make the community work together to resolve the issues, if you want to be a half empty glass person w/e

29 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

This is what a short-minded person does. A logical person takes into account the widest information possible and learns from the others and not from himself. I can't imagine how you were studying in University (if you were) with that mindset.

I have both a bachelors and masters degree in Physics and I'm working on my PhD. There are no credible sources other than my own experiences when it comes to this. Someone on the forums isn't a credible source for me, sorry. 

28 minutes ago, TrueCommunityHero said:

That's literally what im trying to do, make the community work together to resolve the issues, if you want to be a half empty glass person w/e

I'm glass half-empty if I don't just hop on your side?

Anyway, think I'm done here. You guys don't have to convince me. I, for one, am happy they are banning people who were found to exploit paragon gears. I hope they find all those guilty and if any mistakes were made, I'm sure they'll be undone if the accused is innocent. You're not changing me and I'm not changing you. I wish you good luck if you are innocent, if not, you got what you deserved I think.

10 minutes ago, Crush said:

. Someone on the forums isn't a credible source for me, sorry. 

What makes you think your opinion and you experience you shared is credible for the others then ? 

15 minutes ago, Crush said:

I have both a bachelors and masters degree in Physics and I'm working on my PhD.

Hmmm, I don't think I should trust what people on Internet say 

Archived