Disable details closed with 7.9

Disable details closed with 7.9  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Disable details closed with 7.9?

• Details open
    • Details closed

Honestly think this thru. Having details open all the time is not good.

Maybe you are proud of your gear and want to show it off, other players don't, and it could really cause them problems even by trying to joining groups. If you don't have enough gear everybody will start to finger point at you and don't even invite you. 

Maybe some players would want this, but I assure you the majority won't. This could even drive people away from the game (even more).

@Chamu-KT With all due respect bro you sound like an idiot. You can look at obvious stats that will give away deficits in gear and moreover if you are someone's at trying to get involuntarily carried by others in an instance they SHOULD be able to see that and then make the decision to carry you no gear having ass or not lol. Open View Details! You can do 1st boss PFHM with heart guard gear +0 with cubics  with no issues and any normal mode is pretty much a cake walk. 

Anybody that played this game back in the good days knew that gear used to be able to be looked up on the AION WEBSITE via character profiles. Why was this done away with? Bring back? Plus there are sites you can do this anyway sooooo...

Monsters stats document with some boss info (WIP)

In PF normal, Frigida has 16385 physical attack (and presumably the same for magic attack too), so the effective defense cap against her is 16385, any more defense than that will only provide additional damage reduction after she is enraged (7 min 15 secs after aggroing)

In IDD normal, Beritra himself have 17600 physical attack, but most of the damage comes from adds where increasing your defense stats will not give any damage reduction against their magical attack skills at all.

6 hours ago, iTarmoniC-KT said:

Funny most players who want "Open details" don't even have the details open. (Better than that are false votes)

I think it's a good thing, being able to have the choice of having it open or not.

Voted yes and my details are always open, since 5.something.

10 hours ago, StealthyBoy-KT said:

@Chamu-KT With all due respect bro you sound like an idiot. You can look at obvious stats that will give away deficits in gear and moreover if you are someone's at trying to get involuntarily carried by others in an instance they SHOULD be able to see that and then make the decision to carry you no gear having ass or not lol. Open View Details! You can do 1st boss PFHM with heart guard gear +0 with cubics  with no issues and any normal mode is pretty much a cake walk. 

Anybody that played this game back in the good days knew that gear used to be able to be looked up on the AION WEBSITE via character profiles. Why was this done away with? Bring back? Plus there are sites you can do this anyway sooooo...

Did u need to be that rude? I dont think so.
Like I said in the other topic, Toxic community.

People are focused on attacking another person than discussing new ideas. also " With all due respect" did u think that would minimize the "Idiot"?

English is my second language maybe I'm wrong.

First Off @Athenas Lest not get off topic we want open details and as @Unbuff-DN reiterated it was a feature on the website years ago and KR still has it. No reason we shouldn't as well. Secondly, I said your comment makes you sound like an idiot not stating explicitly that you that you are a idiot. Am I a little more straight forward with my thoughts yes. Do I care that you were offended...slightly so I will apologize for being so harsh. However my opinion still remains. We have lost SOOOOO many features since launch and it isn't as if the other regions removed it it was a decision made by our publisher. I could see if our servers were booming and we were out doing the other regions but if we are constantly augmenting the game and our numbers are seeing the greatest decline maybe it isn't the game MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEAVE THE GAME DAFUQ alone and let use get the love the other regions get. Any grats on being fluent in a second language....

I’m afraid to post my opinion without being blasted and called an “idiot” so so toxic. Here goes: I personally think as a community we should have the option to still choose on or off. I was here back in the day and I consider myself a decent player, i was constantly judged by my gear not my skill. You may think nowadays what “skill” is involved in the game, I can definitely tell you it still is a factor. You can tell the difference between competent players. So instead of looking at my heartguard and turning me away, i can shut off my details and show you I’ll out dps you in your full sovereign. Then there’s the flip to that, now I’m making fun of you because you have full sovereign and got out dps’d. Because I can see your details. Not very productive is it or friendly is it?  You guys successfully sniffed out cheaters without these details and NCsoft drug their feet, you think you’re going to get faster results with the details open? Anyway I played FFXI for a very long time before this, you couldn’t hide details back in the day, it was a mixed community, even in that game people still judged you. Thats my quarrel with this. Thanks

@Kibbelz

I think the option to open/close details are up of the user is correct, honestly i loved this feature per the years.

But what i think is that GMs should be more aware of what happens in the game, idk if they have enought tools to investigate or not, but sometimes they look a bit fool in the support platform when they have to face a report of a player who isnt doing fairplay.  Isnt possible that took  1 month to be aware this were happening and deppend of the users to get a report.  What i mean? every maintenance the staff MUST be aware of the changes and test it in live servers before open it to users.. if you are not doing.. sir with all respect you have a very serious problem. Staff must be more creative in what they do... unfortunatly every maintentance we have problems.

Many issues has to be attended due the lack of attention from Korea, exploits dont born alone... and after many months in Korea in live is common they get the same issues as well... so stop procrastinating and work for community, imho this lack of attention from the staff of NA and most Korea.... decrease the credibility on you and increase the toxicity we already have.

I do not want to argue with anyone, looking at gear is possible if you ask someone to open details before you take them with you on an instance, not to mention now most people either don't do pve with strangers or don't do pve instance at all.

Looking at details isn't the way to prevent hacks, because the hack included dazzling gemstones and higher runestones and many other things that wouldn't be suspicious even if you saw them unless they were way too enchanted. If the hackers weren't that stupid they could have gotten away with it, but they were so full of themselves that started killing everyone with 2 shots while also advertising their sales on social media and they were afking their chars in town with their glowing gear on.

People can have many sets, which set is going to show up on the site for those that ask to have a site with your gear on? What if someone mounts an ancient gear while in town?

I think the reason they kept the details an option is because it was prone to abuse by selectively choosing who to fight with in arenas or people that were in hide would attack ungeared players and avoid geared ones especially during the twinking days.

Asking to be able to see the other people's gear and be so keen on that and insist it is the right thing or the only right way to play the game is giving me weird vibes. It seems as if you can't play the game unless you can see everyone's gear around you. And if anyone is an archer/assassin that also gives weirder vibes because it is obvious people want to sneak in hide and see if they can fight or not.

I wish I could change my vote - if it helps stop these scammers and cheaters I would be fine with permanently opening details. Anyone selling these paragon items and others are scamming innocent people (I wonder how many spent via paypal?). As many people who knowingly made or bought falcified items there are victims who see them and drool because they are very very hard to get and ultra rare normally and they end up the victim and probably scammed of real money.

On 5/5/2021 at 6:44 PM, Itzmin-DN said:

GMs should be more aware of what happens in the game

Hardly going to happen. Maybe we should use the flowers from the current event and get this game a decent funeral instead of waiting for stuff that will never happen.

I voted open, but I do put my details on hide. Why? Because keeping it open feels like im trying to show off, if everyone's were always open then no probs

I think we should have the option to see people's details, not everyone are interested in trap run or are in a rush

9 hours ago, Aniro-KT said:

I voted open, but I do put my details on hide. Why? Because keeping it open feels like im trying to show off, if everyone's were always open then no probs

I think we should have the option to see people's details, not everyone are interested in trap run or are in a rush

If you are running with people you do not know you can ask them to open details to see if they are qualified gear wise.

Archived