Jump to content
Forums

Account Based Restrictions rather than Character Based Restrictions


Account Based Rewards  

14 members have voted

  1. 1. Should rewards be limited by account?

    • Yes, but keep count and entry limit as is.
      1
    • Yes, but multiply count and entry limit by the number of characters an account can hold.
      1
    • Yes, but using some other method.
      0
    • No, this sucks.
      12


Recommended Posts

Is it possible to change the restrictions of things that are useful for the entire account to be limited by account? I think that it is unfair for people to be able to progress more just because they have more toons created. A person who splits time between multiple toons should not be able to advance more than someone who is willing to put all time into one. If you want to reward based on time played, do just that. 

I have two possible solutions for this.

  1. Keep limits as is, but make them shared for account. For example, in events that give legendary contract, one per week per account so people with 5 toons can still only get one.
  2. Multiply limits by the number of character spaces available for account. For example, in events that give legendary contract, 8/12 per week per account so someone with one toon or all toons can get the same amount.

This solution could be applied to event rewards (transformation contracts and anything else that can be put into account warehouse), instance entries (cubics, easy instances, or all for that matter), luna acquisition (make into an account wide repeatable quest so we can kill 300 mobs on a main), etc. Out of the two solutions I provided, I prefer option two. I do not want to limit others, but rather benefit those who don't have alts or don't want to play different toons. Those with many toons will benefit as well since they can do things on their strongest toon which will reduce the time needed to get maximum gains.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you are talking about the flower event then it is one example only. We usually have these limitations by requiring an extra item from BCM that is once per account (like the legendary transformation key where you need 9800 event coins to combine and make a legendary transform).

It is kinda weird that they didn't implement a limit on this event but getting 1000 flowers is a big job to be done. Obviously people are botting their alts for this but bots will always do things normal players can't do.

53 minutes ago, Megazero-KT said:

A person who splits time between multiple toons should not be able to advance more than someone who is willing to put all time into one.

...generally a person playing more characters is already doing more job than playing one char because once you finish your one char duties, he will do the same but he will repeat that on a second char.

Like if you run 4x PFs and you call it a day, he will run 4 more on his alt and probably another 4 on his other alt, as long as he doesn't do sketchy things or use a program to play for him, I do not see why he doesn't deserve more rewards based on the fact he did more things.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Like if you run 4x PFs and you call it a day, he will run 4 more on his alt and probably another 4 on his other alt, as long as he doesn't do sketchy things or use a program to play for him, I do not see why he doesn't deserve more rewards based on the fact he did more things.

Yes, but that is only because I can't run that many times. If they want to reward for spending time, let me spend the time on my main. I have limited access because of less toons. My second solution would allow people to run as many times as they want. Still same total runs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Megazero-KT said:

Is it possible to change the restrictions of things that are useful for the entire account to be limited by account? I think that it is unfair for people to be able to progress more just because they have more toons created. A person who splits time between multiple toons should not be able to advance more than someone who is willing to put all time into one. If you want to reward based on time played, do just that. 

I have two possible solutions for this.

  1. Keep limits as is, but make them shared for account. For example, in events that give legendary contract, one per week per account so people with 5 toons can still only get one.
  2. Multiply limits by the number of character spaces available for account. For example, in events that give legendary contract, 8/12 per week per account so someone with one toon or all toons can get the same amount.

This solution could be applied to event rewards (transformation contracts and anything else that can be put into account warehouse), instance entries (cubics, easy instances, or all for that matter), luna acquisition (make into an account wide repeatable quest so we can kill 300 mobs on a main), etc. Out of the two solutions I provided, I prefer option two. I do not want to limit others, but rather benefit those who don't have alts or don't want to play different toons. Those with many toons will benefit as well since they can do things on their strongest toon which will reduce the time needed to get maximum gains.

Then whats the point of having different toon. Your saying we must be able to do things on same toon. Like a repeatable quest  or instance entry on same toon.  I don't think this is good idea.  instance Entry based on accounts isn't a good idea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Megazero-KT said:

Yes, but that is only because I can't run that many times. If they want to reward for spending time, let me spend the time on my main. I have limited access because of less toons. My second solution would allow people to run as many times as they want. Still same total runs.

If you could do 12 PF runs with your main, why don't you do 12 PF runs with 3 chars in total? You have the time to run 12 PFs you defo have time to gear another toon and then enjoy the benefits of playing more than 1 characters. People who gear more than one chars, went through the effort to do so and it is a long term investment because you can permanently enjoy more entries in total.

All you need is a level 80 character and an XP mark gear from Lakrum/Katalam

Infinite runs you ask... then they won't have a reason to sell reset scrolls nor will you need luna to reset.

  • There are instances that running them with multiple chars has no benefit at all like Minium Vault, or Herelym Mine because the rewards are strictly for the character that runs them
  • There are instances that you can benefit directly, like LUT where the item chests not only are account wh storable but the items themselves are used for item collections which are server wide.
  • And there are instances that you can still benefit like running PF with an alt and then waiting to pass loot rights to your main or another person.

In the end of the day you either do a 2nd char and go through the hustle of gearing that alt and do the runs with two chars or you stick to one char and do that one char.

You are not limited in the amount of toons you play, you just never spent the time to gear more than 1 chars something others did.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

There are instances that running them with multiple chars has no benefit at all like Minium Vault, or Herelym Mine because the rewards are strictly for the character that runs them

Well, with HM you could use the AP to advance another characters stigmas or if you have prestige it is an easy 100 coins for whatever character you want. I get what you're saying though.

Archangelos is correct, it took a decent time investment to get these alts, it'd be really crappy to all of a sudden lose the benefits of having 12 decently geared characters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Crush said:

Well, with HM you could use the AP to advance another characters stigmas or if you have prestige it is an easy 100 coins for whatever character you want. I get what you're saying though.

Archangelos is correct, it took a decent time investment to get these alts, it'd be really crappy to all of a sudden lose the benefits of having 12 decently geared characters.

Of course, indirectly whatever you do with alts can be beneficial to the main in many different ways, even having an alt with enough minions to make combines you can use that for the minion promotion event (the first char to combine gets the reward, but other chars can help). So running minium vault can actually help the main.

That is the incentive in playing with additional characters.

We sure kinda lost the count when people with 100 accounts could simply run the economy, but that is another issue and whatever they ever did to restrict bots, they ended up restricting actual players more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OP is legit retarded....

You do realize to run things on multiple toons means a lot of work on those other toons, especially when it comes to soloing instances. Advanced deavas, gear, manastones, gemstones, runes, stigmas, minions. If someone put time in to other characters and are willing to put the time in they should be able to benefit from that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Given how often we get screwed over by NC, this is a very silly suggestion to make, regardless of your intentions.

If I put 10x more effort than you into the game, I want 10x more rewards than you.

Edited by Aelar-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bunnie-DN said:

Then whats the point of having different toon. Your saying we must be able to do things on same toon. Like a repeatable quest  or instance entry on same toon.  I don't think this is good idea.  instance Entry based on accounts isn't a good idea. 

Well in many games, the purpose of having other characters is simply to play another class. For fun ya know.... I'm glad that you imply that the reason people make alts is to benefit main and not for fun.

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If you could do 12 PF runs with your main, why don't you do 12 PF runs with 3 chars in total? You have the time to run 12 PFs you defo have time to gear another toon and then enjoy the benefits of playing more than 1 characters. People who gear more than one chars, went through the effort to do so and it is a long term investment because you can permanently enjoy more entries in total.

I am aware that this is how the game currently is. I am putting forth the idea change. Also, the question can go both ways. If I can do 12 runs over three toons, why not do all with main?

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Infinite runs you ask... then they won't have a reason to sell reset scrolls nor will you need luna to reset.

  • There are instances that running them with multiple chars has no benefit at all like Minium Vault, or Herelym Mine because the rewards are strictly for the character that runs them
  • There are instances that you can benefit directly, like LUT where the item chests not only are account wh storable but the items themselves are used for item collections which are server wide.
  • And there are instances that you can still benefit like running PF with an alt and then waiting to pass loot rights to your main or another person.

No I specifically stated my two means of a solution. Infinite runs was not in either one.

1 hour ago, Nimerya-DN said:

do u have brains in ur head? so because u dont have time/will to farm with multi chars no one should be able to do? xD

Yes, that's why I'm able to constructively criticize as well as come up with solutions without bashing. Also it's not that I don't have time to do such things, I do not enjoy such things. I do not enjoy playing multiple toons. My preferred suggestion doesn't harm those who do and benefits those who do not. Also, I never suggested that no one be able to farm with multiple chars. I suggested that farming with multiple chars should not be a necessity.

51 minutes ago, Aelar-DN said:

Given how often we get screwed over by NC, this is a very silly suggestion to make, regardless of your intentions.

If I put 10x more effort than you into the game, I want 10x more rewards than you.

Yes, I agree that 10x work should be 10x reward; however, the work that can be done with one character is limited. I suggest that we allowed to be able to do as much work on one as we can on 8/12. If someone wants to run an instance 40 times on one toon or split amongst many toons is up to them, but make everyone be able to run it that many times without the need of alts. My suggestion really doesn't harm those who already have multiple toons. It literally helps everyone because those who spent the time will no longer have to do so (8.0 is near) and those who never did will be able to do 40 runs of an instance if they choose to do so.

I think I responded to the many countering points to my suggestion. For the most part it seems as if those who are against are "I had to do this so everyone should" point of view. My preferred suggestion allows everyone to put forth the effort. Also, this suggestion doesn't have to be for everything. I said things that are account wide. It does not have to be every instance or every reward for an event. Thank you all for your criticism and opinions. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't vote as I don't like any option! I would rather people not able to use multiple accounts and have to do everything on 1 account, thus I like the current system where if you put in the effort on your alts in petal event you can get many legendaries - i like this. Sorry!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

First:

18 minutes ago, Megazero-KT said:

No I specifically stated my two means of a solution. Infinite runs was not in either one.

And then in the same message

18 minutes ago, Megazero-KT said:

If someone wants to run an instance 40 times on one toon or split amongst many toons is up to them, but make everyone be able to run it that many times without the need of alts. My suggestion really doesn't harm those who already have multiple toons. It literally helps everyone because those who spent the time will no longer have to do so (8.0 is near) and those who never did will be able to do 40 runs of an instance if they choose to do so.

...the term "infinite" runs means that you are asking to do the same people can do with alts but with one character, which is practically infinite runs. You lost me on trying to be a "quote nazi" that because you never mentioned the term "infinite" it wasn't what you asked for because this is what you asked for.

If someone wants to run 40 runs they can do so? what if someone wants to run 50 runs, or 80... or whatever they want... or infinite. The term infinite doesn't mean you will run literally infinite because the time you have is finite, it is a mathematical impossible to run anything "infinite" amount of times as infinite can never be reached.

To run PF hard mode with alts you need to have them super geared, you want to gear one toon and then start spamming pf hard mode non stop or as you please (but god forbid you never said the word infinite). There is a reason there are limits, people can gear a toon and then continuously keep spamming a profitable instance with their main and keep taking the good rewards 40 times per day if they want so, rewards that aren't always tradeable are now in one character.

#############

I will agree on one thing is that one player can pretty much end his weekly deeds on Wednesday and then pretty much log in for the dailies only and logout pretty fast. They did remove 90% of the game and made it so dumb to the point we have nothing else to do to spend time once we do the things they left us to do.

But what you are asking is not good for the game by any means.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...the term "infinite" runs means that you are asking to do the same people can do with alts but with one character, which is practically infinite runs. You lost me on trying to be a "quote nazi" that because you never mentioned the term "infinite" it wasn't what you asked for because this is what you asked for.

If someone wants to run 40 runs they can do so? what if someone wants to run 50 runs, or 80... or whatever they want... or infinite. The term infinite doesn't mean you will run literally infinite because the time you have is finite, it is a mathematical impossible to run anything "infinite" amount of times as infinite can never be reached.

I am aware that infinite is not a number. I would say infinite would be so many to where it isn't feasible (think 100 runs of an instance next patch) to finish or more literally "without limit". Nevertheless, I was not being a "quote nazi" but rather making sure my point is clear and not misunderstood. If the number I mention is "infinite", it is still is only for those with alts which is the point I'm trying to make. The number I mention is also representative of the max amount that a person can run if they had full account with level 80, or maximum number of runs per account. I am trying to make it available for all. I'm doing that I do not think that other toons should be required for major progress for one toon.

Also, I do not mean for EVERYTHING to be increased. I mean for things that are clearly for the entire account, but it is a suggestion and wouldn't even really hurt those who have multiple toons. The main thing the people who are against are focusing  on is that they should be rewarded for having multiple toons rather than doing the things on the multiple toons to get. I will use current event as example. If I farm enough bags to give 6k flowers, I should be able to get 6 contracts (since they affect account) whether I have one toon or six toons. It would not apply to things like minions, ancient refinement stones, etc since they do not affect the entire account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Megazero-KT said:

I am aware that infinite is not a number. I would say infinite would be so many to where it isn't feasible (think 100 runs of an instance next patch) to finish or more literally "without limit". Nevertheless, I was not being a "quote nazi" but rather making sure my point is clear and not misunderstood. If the number I mention is "infinite", it is still is only for those with alts which is the point I'm trying to make. The number I mention is also representative of the max amount that a person can run if they had full account with level 80, or maximum number of runs per account. I am trying to make it available for all. I'm doing that I do not think that other toons should be required for major progress for one toon.

Also, I do not mean for EVERYTHING to be increased. I mean for things that are clearly for the entire account, but it is a suggestion and wouldn't even really hurt those who have multiple toons. The main thing the people who are against are focusing  on is that they should be rewarded for having multiple toons rather than doing the things on the multiple toons to get. I will use current event as example. If I farm enough bags to give 6k flowers, I should be able to get 6 contracts (since they affect account) whether I have one toon or six toons. It would not apply to things like minions, ancient refinement stones, etc since they do not affect the entire account.

Fair enough, I apologize if I sounded wrong, but you understand this is not possible, people buy prestige for the benefits it brings including the extra runs. People who run multiple times an instance work for this. You can get ultimate pve items from XP marks enough to run every instance in non hard modes, and it is not even 12 chars you are limited to, you can have a 2nd account and run.

There is a reason these limits exist, for the company to sell reset scrolls or currency to reset like luna, for people to have to make decisions on how to spend their "extra" entries with those, to not make it possible for people to simply gear their one character in one week by running the equivalent of 12 chars in 1 char and to make sure people won't get fed up by doing something too intensely. Like when we had active events and we could do them with alts, we would do a ton of chars for many hours per day and when the event was over we were numb. Imagine allowing people to run the same pve instances for 12 chars with 1 char only.

When you say alts, my mind went to having additional accounts to be able to hand looting rights easier to their main.

Anyway this would never be implemented, the company relies on selling re-entries, lunas and prestige and your suggestion pretty much negates all 3 of those.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...