Jump to content
Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - May 12, 2021


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WTF they are really going to be deleting the stormwing boxes now? Why can't they wait until the week before next time they want to run the event? Now I just have to hope I pick the things I think I'll

The deletions of the boxes from stormwing SHOULD have been in the event information on day 1 of the event. or at least give us this notice a week earlier at worse. You literally told us a few hou

Do we get to keep this +15 bitter horn set, it says nothing about it in the event. Also why are the Zelda boxes gotta be deleted, I don’t know if I need to open them for stigmas, enchantment ston

@Kibbelz no info on the prestige vending machine? Cos i remember a video in aion EU where you can get ulti xform in it. And yah i failed all my combinations on this flower event.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hello everyone!

The official notes for our 7.9 Update have just been released, containing numerous Class balance tweaks, the addition of the new Void Trials instance, and more. You can find the Official Notes here. We will be deploying the update during our maintenance window starting at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and lasting for approximately 4 hours 30 minutes. We'll also be making the following updates:

Events/Promotions

  • Hungry Hatchlings will end, and some items related to the event will be deleted (see below). Please use up all your reward boxes before maintenance, as these will be deleted as well.
  • Rainbow Snake Festival will end.
  • Garden of Growth will end.
  • Picnic Panic will end.
  • Minion promotion will end.

List of Hungry Hatchlings items to be deleted:

  • Stormwing Summoning Orbs (all levels)
  • Stormwing Development Coins
  • Zudra's Normal, Impressive, Prime Gift Boxes

We hope 7.9 brings some exciting changes your way, and thanks again for continuing to engage in feedback and dialogue with us. I shared with the team the positive feedback around PvP Battlegrounds and Dungeon Delve + Retune events, as well as your recent discussions/poll on the "hide details" feature. Thanks for continuing to share your thoughts and hopefully we can continue seeing more positive developments/discussion.

All the best!

Yo home boy kibbelz wass poppin? GANG GANG WE PULL UP SKRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT.

I'm ozzie by the way; your friendly neighbourhood vegan gangster who loves teaching pythagoras theorem owo

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ozzie-KT said:

Yo home boy kibbelz wass poppin? GANG GANG WE PULL UP SKRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT.

I'm ozzie by the way; your friendly neighbourhood vegan gangster who loves teaching pythagoras theorem owo

Just dont take sex ed classes from Ozzie.  He gonna be selling paragonz to pay his child support!  akakakak!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Amarah-KT said:

Just dont take sex ed classes from Ozzie.  He gonna be selling paragonz to pay his child support!  akakakak!

Remember, No need 4 condoms. Sperm asleep at night so release them at night OwO

300px-Modern_Problems_Require_Modern_Sol

Link to post
Share on other sites

The deletions of the boxes from stormwing SHOULD have been in the event information on day 1 of the event. or at least give us this notice a week earlier at worse.

You literally told us a few hours before the reset. I have opened all mine, but I am sure many people didn't read this and there will be a roar after the maintenance.

  • Then 2 things can happen, you either restore the boxes so people have a chance to open them and alienate those that already rushed to open them now
  • Never restore them and have a ton of people waste a ton of boxes because they didn't know the deletion

...which is a bad scenario in any way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta laugh at the repetitive incompetence and I'm only posting this because many might not be aware of the other threads abandoned on this saga.  Stormwing Event! Yep again you pisss a lot of people off through lack of adequate notice but I suppose you can rest assured that you at least ticked the box that notice was provided this time round unlike when you introduced this event and provided no notice that the boxes from last years event would be deleted when you specifically stated that notice would be provided. Then you said they would be re-instated but they weren't so there you go  I no longer play Aion and spend my $$ and time on Pearl Abyss Black Desert. I log on once a week to Aion for maintaining my homes and to stay in touch in the hope that one day things might just turn around for the better...and Ferk don't bother responding but FO in advance if you do :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hello everyone!

The official notes for our 7.9 Update have just been released, containing numerous Class balance tweaks, the addition of the new Void Trials instance, and more. You can find the Official Notes here. We will be deploying the update during our maintenance window starting at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and lasting for approximately 4 hours 30 minutes. We'll also be making the following updates:

Events/Promotions

  • Hungry Hatchlings will end, and some items related to the event will be deleted (see below). Please use up all your reward boxes before maintenance, as these will be deleted as well.
  • Rainbow Snake Festival will end.
  • Garden of Growth will end.
  • Picnic Panic will end.
  • Minion promotion will end.

List of Hungry Hatchlings items to be deleted:

  • Stormwing Summoning Orbs (all levels)
  • Stormwing Development Coins
  • Zudra's Normal, Impressive, Prime Gift Boxes

We hope 7.9 brings some exciting changes your way, and thanks again for continuing to engage in feedback and dialogue with us. I shared with the team the positive feedback around PvP Battlegrounds and Dungeon Delve + Retune events, as well as your recent discussions/poll on the "hide details" feature. Thanks for continuing to share your thoughts and hopefully we can continue seeing more positive developments/discussion.

All the best!

You have so many people who are willing to give non troll sensible feedback.  I wish there was a way you could convince your team to utilize the players when it comes to changes you have control over.  We know Korea, iron fist and all that.  But when you offer auto hunting in TT it makes us think either the people who instated the idea don't play the game or simply don't care.

You could have added it to Red Katalam and added the plat cubics.  It's a timed location,  there is pvp there are well but you're not surrounded by elites and one shot mobs. I realize adding it to Gelk/Ing would crowd the questin areas and make things a pain, unless you halved the respawn timers.

You don't HAVE to take our suggestions but even just asking for them before hand, have a couple people who offer feedback if you don't want to announce things publically.  So often NCSoft miss the mark on basic aspects of the game.  We don't expect you to play the game (maybe we do a little) but if you're not going to, at least get some insight from people who it's going to be affecting and savr yourselves the angry customers ya know?

 

I know this isn't always (or ever?) your call but I deeply hope whoever can make that decision decides to.  It couldwork wonders for the health of the community

 

P.S That cleric nerf is monstrous.  I've not complained about a buff nerf in 11 years but holy moly.  Our heals are already nerfed and now our damage too.  I'm not sure what our place in game is to be when Chanters can outheal us sometimes and our damage is so low.  I look forward to a new patch when maybe a little more tinkering willc ome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

You have so many people who are willing to give non troll sensible feedback.  I wish there was a way you could convince your team to utilize the players when it comes to changes you have control over.  We know Korea, iron fist and all that.  But when you offer auto hunting in TT it makes us think either the people who instated the idea don't play the game or simply don't care.

You could have added it to Red Katalam and added the plat cubics.  It's a timed location,  there is pvp there are well but you're not surrounded by elites and one shot mobs. I realize adding it to Gelk/Ing would crowd the questin areas and make things a pain, unless you halved the respawn timers.

You don't HAVE to take our suggestions but even just asking for them before hand, have a couple people who offer feedback if you don't want to announce things publically.  So often NCSoft miss the mark on basic aspects of the game.  We don't expect you to play the game (maybe we do a little) but if you're not going to, at least get some insight from people who it's going to be affecting and savr yourselves the angry customers ya know?

 

I know this isn't always (or ever?) your call but I deeply hope whoever can make that decision decides to.  It couldwork wonders for the health of the community

 

P.S That cleric nerf is monstrous.  I've not complained about a buff nerf in 11 years but holy moly.  Our heals are already nerfed and now our damage too.  I'm not sure what our place in game is to be when Chanters can outheal us sometimes and our damage is so low.  I look forward to a new patch when maybe a little more tinkering willc ome.

@Kibbelz this is some very well constructed feedback that should make its way up.

One thing I got to add is the Auto hunting in TT serves no one and no purpose. The only thing that will be achieved by that is to have the annoying floating auto hunt menu on screen which luckily can be hidden. Gelk and Ingi is the only way to get cubics and luna lights it would make sense to allow it there.

Anyone who is saying that the auto hunt will increase boting is clearly turning a blind eye to the current situation. There are multiple reports in this forum for people boting. If you dont believe the forum log in the game and walk outside of ingison (elyos have way more bots but of course you can see some in gelk).

An example below

unknown.png

This player loads 6 clients to do the luna quest on a daily basis.

 

I understand and hear the argument of how the inflation will change if this is allowed in gelk ingi cause of the increased luna mats but the prices never went down after disabling the luna instance  simply because people could just bot to achieve the same probably quicker than afking an instance.

 

Auto hunting is a function of the game and it is allowed in every other server. There is no point of  limiting this in NA.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that yall upset that Zudra boxes get removed today, but remember that we got the event extended and the boxes do say "will be delete in future maintenance". So it seems fair to me that they get deleted, although a few days advanced notification would have been nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ide said:

I get that yall upset that Zudra boxes get removed today, but remember that we got the event extended and the boxes do say "will be delete in future maintenance". So it seems fair to me that they get deleted, although a few days advanced notification would have been nice.

Yeh.  I mean it's really great stuff for free and in 8.0 when the enchantment stones change or future things change they dont want peoplewho stockpile to have a huge advantage I guess... but a couple weeks wouldn't have hurt lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ide said:

I get that yall upset that Zudra boxes get removed today, but remember that we got the event extended and the boxes do say "will be delete in future maintenance". So it seems fair to me that they get deleted, although a few days advanced notification would have been nice.

Yea that wouldn't be a problem if all the Events items where that note appear is removed , but many events items have that info and its not deleted yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ErzaScarletxFT said:

Yea that wouldn't be a problem if all the Events items where that note appear is removed , but many events items have that info and its not deleted yet.

Yup, most people arent checking the forums, and considering that last time this event was on they werent deleted theres some expectations they wont be now either.

Also that TT autohunt, its pointless, first of all mobs are too hard and in clusters of at least 4 to be able to reliably autohunt, and i doubt the bot has the ability to collect souls on its own so, even if it does they scatter all over so you would be aggroing like crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

...

 

P.S That cleric nerf is monstrous.  I've not complained about a buff nerf in 11 years but holy moly.  Our heals are already nerfed and now our damage too.  I'm not sure what our place in game is to be when Chanters can outheal us sometimes and our damage is so low.  I look forward to a new patch when maybe a little more tinkering willc ome.

Yeah, why is that?  It's not like Clerics were a real dps class, then we have Gladiators, who are already an OP dps class, get a huge cd buff on many damage skills. I think the devs need lessons on game balance theory, when you tune skills, you are supposed to do it in small steps, not giant nerfs and buffs.

 

And they nerfed Templars.

Edited by Ferk-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ide said:

I get that yall upset that Zudra boxes get removed today, but remember that we got the event extended and the boxes do say "will be delete in future maintenance". So it seems fair to me that they get deleted, although a few days advanced notification would have been nice.

No cap my G

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

Hmm it's been more than 4hrs. 30min so far and the servers are not back up. In fact it's now 5hrs 15min.

Quote

[#Aion] Maintenance will be delayed by 1 hour. We'll update once this is concluded. Thank you for your patience!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Crush said:

WTF they are really going to be deleting the stormwing boxes now? Why can't they wait until the week before next time they want to run the event? Now I just have to hope I pick the things I think I'll need most?

WTF why don't you guys release this a bit earlier so we can maybe voice some concerns before it is too late? FOR F*** SAKE.

@Kibbelz This is ridiculous.

I rarely use the forums, but put it on myself to check the forum all day yesterday for any sort of notice that the rewards from Stormwing would be deleted and when.   I actually made an effort to be informed and you still screwed me (us). 

It isn't just the lack of information, but the absolute chaos of inconsistency that's mind-boggling.  Sometimes the rewards sit for years.  Sometimes they get deleted at maintenance.  Sometimes they sit for a year, then get deleted, then you recognize you've made a mistake and return them (like this year with the Stormwing boxes).  How can you make that mistake weeks ago, and then make it again already??? 

It makes absolutely no logical sense.  The rewards were earned.  What difference does it make when they are opened?  It's like you work for a month, get your paycheck, but if you don't cash your paycheck on the way home from work you wake up to find the check has been voided in the morning and you're out your salary for the period. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

@Kibbelz This is ridiculous.

I rarely use the forums, but put it on myself to check the forum all day yesterday for any sort of notice that the rewards from Stormwing would be deleted and when.   I actually made an effort to be informed and you still screwed me (us). 

It isn't just the lack of information, but the absolute chaos of inconsistency that's mind-boggling.  Sometimes the rewards sit for years.  Sometimes they get deleted at maintenance.  Sometimes they sit for a year, then get deleted, then you recognize you've made a mistake and return them (like this year with the Stormwing boxes).  How can you make that mistake weeks ago, and then make it again already??? 

It makes absolutely no logical sense.  The rewards were earned.  What difference does it make when they are opened?  It's like you work for a month, get your paycheck, but if you don't cash your paycheck on the way home from work you wake up to find the check has been voided in the morning and you're out your salary for the period. 

As I have said time and time again, if you haven't used the rewards by the time they are deleted, then it's logical that you didn't need them in the first place.

I opened the stormwing boxes every day as soon as I got them, because I needed to use the contents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ferk-DN said:

As I have said time and time again, if you haven't used the rewards by the time they are deleted, then it's logical that you didn't need them in the first place.

I opened the stormwing boxes every day as soon as I got them, because I needed to use the contents.

Extending my paycheck analogy - by your logic, if you haven't spent your paycheck by the time you got home on the day you got paid, you didn't need the money in the first place.

Sorry, but you're way off, here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

Extending my paycheck analogy - by your logic, if you haven't spent your paycheck by the time you got home on the day you got paid, you didn't need the money in the first place.

Sorry, but you're way off, here.

Your paycheck isn't marked as going to be deleted after maintenance.  However, paychecks do expire, usually after a year depending on the bank. So if you shove your paycheck in a draw and forget about it, and let it expire, then you didn't need it.

Edited by Ferk-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...