Weekly Server Maintenance - May 12, 2021

Arctic

1 hour ago, Ferk-DN said:

Your paycheck isn't marked as going to be deleted after maintenance.  However, paychecks do expire, usually after a year depending on the bank. So if you shove your paycheck in a draw and forget about it, and let it expire, then you didn't need it.

Right, the paycheck isn't marked for deletion the day after payday, because there's no reason to delete what was earned by the person that did the work.  After a year, sure.  If the box came labeled with a timer showing it's being deleted after 365 days, everyone would know and would deal accordingly.  There are a lot of things in the game that have expiration timers: Ludbug AP tokens, Hourglasses, etc.  They have the ability to let players know exactly, to-the-second when their things will be deleted, and inform them in-game.  Most people (that don't live on the forums) will be very surprised to find their event rewards deleted immediately after maintenance.

I'm sorry, but this idea that "if you don't spend it immediately you don't need it" is just bizarre.  Try applying that anywhere else.  "If you don't spend all of your Kinah by Midnight, server time, you don't need it and it will be deleted."  True?  No, of course not.  There would be no reason for inventory, pack pets, warehouses and cabinets in homes if this were true.  These things exist because it's not true and we need a place to store what we earned/bought but did not use immediately.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The deletions of the boxes from stormwing SHOULD have been in the event information on day 1 of the event. or at least give us this notice a week earlier at worse.

You literally told us a few hours before the reset. I have opened all mine, but I am sure many people didn't read this and there will be a roar after the maintenance.

• Then 2 things can happen, you either restore the boxes so people have a chance to open them and alienate those that already rushed to open them now
  • Never restore them and have a ton of people waste a ton of boxes because they didn't know the deletion

...which is a bad scenario in any way.

This is not only the problem, you are right, they should announce what they are going to delete in advance, but few people come on every Tuesday nights to read the notifications about the next maintenance, kibbelz and the rest of the nc staff do not have the obligation to remind us that we must come to read about the changes to come so things like these don not take us by surprice, but I do completely agree with you that they should say these things in advance. @Kibbelz when you make the announcement of the next event to come, you could tell us which items will be deleted at the end of the event.

9 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

As I have said time and time again, if you haven't used the rewards by the time they are deleted, then it's logical that you didn't need them in the first place.

I opened the stormwing boxes every day as soon as I got them, because I needed to use the contents.

What you are saying is completly illogical, people keep stuffs not only be cause they need them, but because they might need them in the future, enchantment stones, stigma stones, craft materials etc etc etc, or what, do you dispose every item you get in the events/instances/open world just because you dont need them right now??

9 hours ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

Extending my paycheck analogy - by your logic, if you haven't spent your paycheck by the time you got home on the day you got paid, you didn't need the money in the first place.

Sorry, but you're way off, here.

Yes, but you must also take into consideration that if you delay in cashing the check, it may happen that the money is no longer in the bank account, because as long as you do not collect it, the money continues to belong to the owner of the bank account and could use it for other stuffs.

I don't understand why did they remove "Zudra's Normal, Impressive, Prime Gift Boxes", this makes no sense , There were a lot of people that didn't read the forum, I was working hardly for Hungry Hatchlings event, and now all of gifts for 5 my accounts were removed all. I guess it's the time to quit Aion for sure. This was the same with luna bundle, there were a lot of people who havent opened the bundle yet, but they still have changed it without caring players .

10 minutes ago, IntlmamaIc said:

I don't understand why did they remove "Zudra's Normal, Impressive, Prime Gift Boxes", this makes no sense , There were a lot of people that didn't read the forum, I was working hardly for Hungry Hatchlings event, and now all of gifts for 5 my accounts were removed all. I guess it's the time to quit Aion for sure. This was the same with luna bundle, there were a lot of people who havent opened the bundle yet, but they still have changed it without caring players .

unknown.png

It is obvious according to their career promotions that they do care about the players. If you gonna quit do it because it clearly says they care.

On 5/11/2021 at 11:26 PM, Kemana-KT said:

I did'nt hear about this until 8:30 PM EST. Some of us could have been asleep (because we have to go to work) and never read this until it was too late. Please, in the future try to give us at least 24 hours notice before you guys plan to delete something from our inventory.

Yup, I was asleep. This is my sign from the universe to just give up and find something else to play lol

2 hours ago, Deidara-DN said:

Yup, I was asleep. This is my sign from the universe to just give up and find something else to play lol

I do believe that we are not like some people that eat and sleep on forum everyday , so they could know everything.

19 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

As I have said time and time again, if you haven't used the rewards by the time they are deleted, then it's logical that you didn't need them in the first place.

I opened the stormwing boxes every day as soon as I got them, because I needed to use the contents.

Yeah and as everyone has constantly reminded you, if you make your set +15 you need to delete the rest of the enchants you own, because if you do not use the enchants right the moment you get them you do not need them.

Jesus, you keep coming back with the same bs over and over again and every time you get a reply and you refuse to understand.

The reason people didn't open the boxes is because the boxes offer options, someone might need an enchant or manastones and do use those you need to have the items to begin with, they want to know how many enchants will fail and once they make their gear +15 they can start opening boxes to get manastones  instead. And when they do socket their manastones they might get daevanions to try to finish their +15 daevanion skills or get stigma enchants.

They could delete the boxes right before next stormwing because usually new boxes have new items, but deleting them right now didn't serve any purpose other than rush people to not take the exact rewards they might need.

~~~

I am more than sure you will continue to write the same bs because you learned nothing from the last time they deleted the stormwing boxes and then they had to restore them because they didn't notify anyone, and YOU were the one that was advocating to not restore them.

Archived