Imagine paying $200 for this

Ele-DN

Sorry!  So you can tell many of these +8 +9 and +10s with 0 corruptions are totally legit right! I suppose one offs especially before now when it was hard to get dazzlings!

Hopefully your RNG is better next!  If it helps my 6 gems have 6,4,3,3,2,3 corruptions. Then there are people with no legion selling perfect ones in lfg and disc >.>

2 minutes ago, Zappies-DN said:

10% rate per level, but wow thats amazing, maybe its not a problem after all then.

Small sample size in my case, I may have just gotten lucky, and I'm talking about gems and runes. I've had much better luck with runes vs gems. I've only done 2 gems to +8 1 corrupted, one didn't

14 minutes ago, Amarah-KT said:

I thought they changed them so they wont corrupt until +5 now?  Wasnt that last patch?

They dont corrupt before 5 anymore  , that one was +4 because i tried pushing it past 8 one last time with my remaining stones without much success.

3 hours ago, Amarah-KT said:

I thought they changed them so they wont corrupt until +5 now?  Wasnt that last patch?

Apparently, in NA they didn’t apply the improved enchant rates and gems still corrupt at any level. « working as intended »

26 minutes ago, Asmodir-DN said:

Well I will look like dumb but, what it is the problem if the sanctify of one gem is diferent from zero? I mean, the corruption got clean, so it is like "normal" again....

When you enchant a runestone or gemstone each enchant has a chance to fail and when it fails it has a chance to corrupt it.

Once an item is corrupted it can still be socketed in an item and used but you can no longer progress it with more enchants.

To clean it so you can keep enchanting it, you need to use sanctifying potions and the amount of potions you need is like this:
(amount of corrupts so far) * (current enchant level) = (amount of sanctifying potions you need for the job)

Examples:
If an item is +7 and just got corrupted for the first time you need 1 (corrupts) * 7 (current enchant level) = 7 sanctifying potions
If an item is +6 and the amount of corrupts it has is 4 you need 4 (corrupts) * 6 (current enchant level) = 24 sanctifying potions.
If an item is +8 and the amount of corrupts it has are 10, you would need 10 (corrupts) * 8 (current enchant level) = 80 sanctifying potions

So you realize that once you sanctify an item you do restore it but it is never the same, the sanctification count gets +1 every time so that item eventually gets too risky to try to enchant, because if it fails you would need tenths or hundreds of sanctifying potions to fix it and to get these potions is not an easy task.

So a gemstone that is +5 and has 0 fails so far is a better item than a gemstone that is +5 and has 5 fails already because you can try to enchant the first one and could still clean it to try more if it corrupts, whilst the second item, if it corrupts you most likely will keep it as is.

3 hours ago, Asmodir-DN said:

Well I will look like dumb but, what it is the problem if the sanctify of one gem is diferent from zero? I mean, the corruption got clean, so it is like "normal" again....

Corruption is the number of times it failed. To fix, it cost number of times it failed * gem enchant level. After a certain point, it cost more to fix than probably buying it.

That one was super lucky. From 9 to 10 is 10% chance and got first try... the rest of it resembles my experience enchanting gems. :/ When paragon thing happened there was a flood of 8, 9, and even a 10 with 0 corruptions for sale by people no one knows or on discord from random people that aren't real players, thus I thought it was related. The timing and # available was odd. Anyhow there aren't many so I think we are okay.

Archived