Jump to content
Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - May 19, 2021


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Isolde-DN said:

@Kibbelzall I care about is the minion and from what I've read, you've yet to discuss it with us.  Will it be delivered today? 

thanks

The team said by today, so I expect yes but I will check now to see if there have been any unexpected delays.

Update: Team is wrapped up in meetings hope to hear back today.

Update #2: Got confirmation that the team will be distributing these some time after 4:30pm PT, so targeting in around ~ 2 hours or so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope you guys extend the kinah retuning event because without the 100 runs of idd we wont be able to gear up our characters and auto-hunt in gelkmaros/inggison pls because timeless is pointless

My honey Kibblez, you better to have to quit your job! It's not funny, where is 100 entries in IDD and where is a S minion reward by the promtion????

Got confirmation this morning that we were not able to get a fix for IDD into today's update. I understand everyone's desire to see this particular change in-game, and I've made sure to pass the urgency along. Given that the issue has been on our "known issues" list for a week, this would suggest that the fix is more complicated than simply updating a number... there's likely something more going on here. I'll inquire for any additional details.

the fact every other aion server has this 100 time IDD means it's been deleted by nsoft US aion 

if you guys can delete it putting it back in is just reverse the process

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

The team said by today, so I expect yes but I will check now to see if there have been any unexpected delays.

Update: Team is wrapped up in meetings hope to hear back today.

Update #2: Got confirmation that the team will be distributing these some time after 4:30pm PT, so targeting in around ~ 2 hours or so.

I got a question, are you part of the team and if so why aren't you in the meeting? o.O

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh is that how I got in the parking lot? I was wondering where all this broken glass came from... /s 

@Motgar-KT Jokes aside, at big companies we have different "orgs" (organizations) which handle different disciplines. I primarily handle communications for things like articles, social posts, forum/DM interaction. There are many meetings I don't sit in on or get invites to - for example, I don't attend meetings where the team manages the deployment of a hotfix. Instead, I just try to provide as much transparency as I can about what is happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Oh is that how I got in the parking lot? I was wondering where all this broken glass came from... /s 

@Motgar-KT Jokes aside, at big companies we have different "orgs" (organizations) which handle different disciplines. I primarily handle communications for things like articles, social posts, forum/DM interaction. There are many meetings I don't sit in on or get invites to - for example, I don't attend meetings where the team manages the deployment of a hotfix. Instead, I just try to provide as much transparency as I can about what is happening.

I know, but it's just that you always make it sound like you aren't part of any team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Oh is that how I got in the parking lot? I was wondering where all this broken glass came from... /s 

@Motgar-KT Jokes aside, at big companies we have different "orgs" (organizations) which handle different disciplines. I primarily handle communications for things like articles, social posts, forum/DM interaction. There are many meetings I don't sit in on or get invites to - for example, I don't attend meetings where the team manages the deployment of a hotfix. Instead, I just try to provide as much transparency as I can about what is happening.

you would think that information about a hotfix is important to the aion playerbase, and therefor also important to the employer who has to inform the playerbase about his hotfix. this only confirms that ncsoft doesnt want us to know what is going on with the bugs, for example the IDD entry problem. 

Also @Kibbelz you reported earlier that ncsoft is looking into extending or returing dungoen delve event when IDD entry does get fixed. I hope you dont actually believe that this event is what the whole player base is so concerned about. IDD nm is a very easy instance, we dont care about the buff there. if you have ever played the game you would know that. we need the kinah retune to retune all the gear we can now so easily aquire. by not fixing this bug we have to spend millions kinah to get a resonable retune on our toons. more if you want the exact retune.  so when your colleagues do "invite" you to a meeting tell them I said "they can shove this dungeon delve event up their ass" and kindly try to suggest a resonable and more fitting compensation for this bugg. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, LadyDeanna-KT said:

you would think that information about a hotfix is important to the aion playerbase, and therefor also important to the employer who has to inform the playerbase about his hotfix. this only confirms that ncsoft doesnt want us to know what is going on with the bugs, for example the IDD entry problem. 

Also @Kibbelz you reported earlier that ncsoft is looking into extending or returing dungoen delve event when IDD entry does get fixed. I hope you dont actually believe that this event is what the whole player base is so concerned about. IDD nm is a very easy instance, we dont care about the buff there. if you have ever played the game you would know that. we need the kinah retune to retune all the gear we can now so easily aquire. by not fixing this bug we have to spend millions kinah to get a resonable retune on our toons. more if you want the exact retune.  so when your colleagues do "invite" you to a meeting tell them I said "they can shove this dungeon delve event up their ass" and kindly try to suggest a resonable and more fitting compensation for this bugg. 

Why would they want you to know about broken parts of the game? It would be like telling players how to exploit things.

Edited by Motgar-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Oh is that how I got in the parking lot? I was wondering where all this broken glass came from... /s 

@Motgar-KT Jokes aside, at big companies we have different "orgs" (organizations) which handle different disciplines. I primarily handle communications for things like articles, social posts, forum/DM interaction. There are many meetings I don't sit in on or get invites to - for example, I don't attend meetings where the team manages the deployment of a hotfix. Instead, I just try to provide as much transparency as I can about what is happening.

Heehee ^.^ Yes all jokes aside, all in fun and games Kibbles!

But seriously, the fact that they would add Auto Hunt to a VERY, may I add, VERY heavy PvPvE Zone where the mobs hit like a truck, doesn't reassure me that the devs play their own game. It's a very strange addition. Any thoughts about that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LadyDeanna-KT said:

you would think that information about a hotfix is important to the aion playerbase, and therefor also important to the employer who has to inform the playerbase about his hotfix. this only confirms that ncsoft doesnt want us to know what is going on with the bugs, for example the IDD entry problem. 

Deployment != information. I am of course informed on hotfixes ;) I guess it is tough to explain if you don't / haven't worked at a big company, but there are literally dozens if not hundreds of meetings each week related to the many moving parts for a project as big as Aion. It's not even remotely possible to attend them all, so I tried to give an example of a very low-level engineering/operations meeting. I pretty much never sit in on any finance meetings either, but I fully expect they exist! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ShyIee said:

Heehee ^.^ Yes all jokes aside, all in fun and games Kibbles!

But seriously, the fact that they would add Auto Hunt to a VERY, may I add, VERY heavy PvPvE Zone where the mobs hit like a truck, doesn't reassure me that the devs play their own game. It's a very strange addition. Any thoughts about that?

I agree, I find it extremely hard to believe that there is a team dedicated to game changes, that actually SITS DOWN TOGETHER and start discussing, and one of the ideas that do go through is "We should put the auto-hunt feature in Timeless Terrace...".
I mean it just seems like none of these people have logged in for 1 day in Aion, I promise you, all it takes for Aion NA to make steps in the right direction, is have just ONE HUMAN play the game for at least 2 months. Afterwards this said HUMAN will relay what was hard for to him to obtain, what was easy to obtain, what needs revamping, so much information could be gathered with this method.

That combined with ACTUALLY listening to our feedback could make wonders...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, whodisqt said:

I agree, I find it extremely hard to believe that there is a team dedicated to game changes, that actually SITS DOWN TOGETHER and start discussing, and one of the ideas that do go through is "We should put the auto-hunt feature in Timeless Terrace...".
I mean it just seems like none of these people have logged in for 1 day in Aion, I promise you, all it takes for Aion NA to make steps in the right direction, is have just ONE HUMAN play the game for at least 2 months. Afterwards this said HUMAN will relay what was hard for to him to obtain, what was easy to obtain, what needs revamping, so much information could be gathered with this method.

That combined with ACTUALLY listening to our feedback could make wonders...

 

 

PREACH BROTHER!!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2021 at 11:43 AM, Kibbelz said:

@Shoenfein-DN I love everything about this post. Honest facts and a considerate approach :) I'll broach the topic w/ the game team and see what the thoughts are, though I'm hesitatnt to "apply pressure" per-say unless there's a pretty widespread discussion.

Speaking of widespread discussions, I've gotten confirmation from the Game Team around a change we can make to accomodate IDD entries not yet being updated. Once we have a fix in place (which is not yet determined) we could either extend the Dungeon Delve event, and/or run the event again to ensure those who were looking forward to the IDD + Dungeon Delve combo can have that experience.

Please let us know if this seems like a good solution to you as well.

Hi, sorry this is so late in responding.  I'm rarely on the forums at all, normally just on Wed to check the updates and I don't usually even log in for that, so I didn't get the notification until now.

I wish I had some opinion - right or wrong - to offer but I'm a solo grinder and don't do PVE group instances.  I don't know anything about IDD or even what the situation/issue is.

The only [under-informed] thing I can offer is that if lots of players are wanting it, you should consider that 'pressure'.  My main gameplay now is collecting houses in Oriel.  I've given up on really caring about combat anymore.  I have full +15 Dark Talon armor and weapons (not accs/feather), and a full set of advanced stigmas, including the stigmas that I do not use - except for one, but even with all that there are players that I am no threat to.  I get killed in 3-4 shots and do almost no damage to them.  I'm not going to ever catch up to them and be competitive again so my involvement is pretty much over.

If this IDD issue is something that allows the grinders to catch up in gear it's worth applying the pressure.  Like the cubics, players are aware that there is thing thing that players in Korea have a way to get, but we do not here, and it reduces our ability to be competitive and we stop playing.    Cash shoppers don't want to keep paying into a dead game, so losing the FTP players is bad even if they aren't contributing on a cash-level, they keep the population alive and incentivize the players that do buy NCoin to continue buying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...