Weekly Server Maintenance - May 26, 2021

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone!

Our next routine maintenance is tomorrow. Maintenance will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will last for approximately 3 hours. The following updates will be made:

• Fissure of Oblivion event will begin.
  • Infernal Drakenspire Depths entries will be increased to 100.
  • Retune event and Dungeon Delve event will both be extended by 2 weeks, to 6/9 and 6/30 respectively.
  • Fixed an issue where some motion cards had inconsistent localization.
  • Fixed some item text using outdated stat names.
  • Fixed a button that was directing to the Korean Aion website.

As we mentioned in another thread, the team will be extending the Dungeon Delve event and has confirmed they will also be extending the Kinah Retune event as well to ensure everyone has a chance to take advantage of IDD's newly-implemented entry boost.

Thank you!

Battleground Support Event

Event Duration: May 12 – June 6

@KibbelzJune 6 is a Sunday if i'm not mistaken, so unless you have started ending events on sundays its unclear whether the Battleground Support Event end next week or the one after that, information that some might find important.

Also no thanks on the Fissure of Oblivion, after spamming it for years in 5.0 times it takes a lot more than some outdated rewards to get me back in there. But i guess it could be fun for people that didn't have to do it 1000s of times to get to lvl75. Just a personal jab at it, nothing against it existing. :)

12 minutes ago, Viseris-KT said:

@KibbelzJune 6 is a Sunday if i'm not mistaken, so unless you have started ending events on sundays its unclear whether the Battleground Support Event end next week or the one after that, information that some might find important.

Also no thanks on the Fissure of Oblivion, after spamming it for years in 5.0 times it takes a lot more than some outdated rewards to get me back in there. But i guess it could be fun for people that didn't have to do it 1000s of times to get to lvl75. Just a personal jab at it, nothing against it existing. :)

In what way are these rewards outdated..? only thing i would honestly say are the wings but even then. did u even look at the rewards before typing this?

9 minutes ago, BGP said:

In what way are these rewards outdated..? only thing i would honestly say are the wings but even then. did u even look at the rewards before typing this?

Apart from maybe the socket reset stone, i dont see anything in there worth mentioning, and knowing how the odds usually work it will be berdin stars probably 9 out of 10 times.

36 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone!

Our next routine maintenance is tomorrow. Maintenance will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will last for approximately 3 hours. The following updates will be made:

• Retune event and Dungeon Delve event will both be extended by 2 weeks, to 6/9 and 6/30 respectively.
  • Fixed an issue where some motion cards had inconsistent localization.
  • Fixed some item text using outdated stat names.
  • Fixed a button that was directing to the Korean Aion website.

As we mentioned in another thread, the team will be extending the Dungeon Delve event and has confirmed they will also be extending the Kinah Retune event as well to ensure everyone has a chance to take advantage of IDD's newly-implemented entry boost.

Thank you!

Lovely structuring! Clear and concise notes ❤️ Thank you @Kibbelz

• Aion Team

@MechEagle-DN Appreciate the compliment, especially coming from you! 😉 Know that sometimes I do just get the notes very late in the day. As with many things in game development, I am dependent on others here.

As for SAS - looks like we have sent the issue to development and are waiting on a fix so that will be deployed as soon as we are able.

7 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

@MechEagle-DN Appreciate the compliment, especially coming from you! 😉 Know that sometimes I do just get the notes very late in the day. As with many things in game development, I am dependent on others here.

That said, I'll look into SAS and auto-hunt for TT next as I know I've been seeing questions on these for a bit (including here in this thread)

Hi @Kibbelz, could you check your dms please? thanks :D

6 hours ago, Kibbelz said:
6 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Thank you @Kibbelz!

OH MAH GOD KIBBELZ THANK YOU SO MUCH, I KNOW YOU ARE OUR HERO HERE, WE LITERALLY HAVE NOBODY WATCHING OUR BACKS BUT YOU. YOUR HARD WORK DOES NOT GO UNRECOGZNIED THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO OUR CRYS AND MOURNS. SOMEONE OF US TAKE THIS GAME VERY SEROUSLY AND CHERISH THE VALUE IT HAS WITH OUR LIVES DURING THESE HARD TIME.

NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID PEOPLE GIVE US A EVENT WHERE WE GET EVENT COINS AND CUBICS BECAUSE CUBICS HAVE BEEN UNRECOGNIZED AND IGNORED. 

8 hours ago, Viseris-KT said:

Something they keep continuously neglecting to mention when they post these kinds of events is that the [Event] Lugbug window section usually resets on Mondays, not Wednesdays.
It's always a guessing game every time they activate the event window to see if my progress will stay until Wednesday's maintenance or disappear on Monday.

Hey @Kibbelz , maybe in future you guys can specify to players which day the event window resets?

The best thing to do is take the reward as soon as you unlock it. I've learned this the hard way by losing items too many times from numerous past events. (RIP to my reset scrolls, tokens, shards, the list goes on....)

This window of May 12 – June 6 seems accurate, because after the Sunday night the event window is... well actually I don't know if it'll just disappear, not reset or maybe stop working. We've never had this time frame before. It just resets on the Monday and we have to rush to finish everything before they remove it later with maintenance. But hey, with all the typos they've been using on their pages lately, maybe it is just another one.😉

unknown.png

6 hours ago, Movement-KT said:

OH MAH GOD KIBBELZ THANK YOU SO MUCH, I KNOW YOU ARE OUR HERO HERE, WE LITERALLY HAVE NOBODY WATCHING OUR BACKS BUT YOU. YOUR HARD WORK DOES NOT GO UNRECOGZNIED THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO OUR CRYS AND MOURNS. SOMEONE OF US TAKE THIS GAME VERY SEROUSLY AND CHERISH THE VALUE IT HAS WITH OUR LIVES DURING THESE HARD TIME.

NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID PEOPLE GIVE US A EVENT WHERE WE GET EVENT COINS AND CUBICS BECAUSE CUBICS HAVE BEEN UNRECOGNIZED AND IGNORED. 

Why do you type in all caps, are you ill?

Great that you brought Fissure of Oblivion back, it would have been much better if we collected FoB coins and buy whatever we want from an event dedicated NPC just like we did in 5.x.

Or it would be awesome if it gave event coins instead of random rewards.

Still thanks for the event.

Also hint to everyone: Avoid the fatties as they are now worthless, very little XP and no additional reward if you kill them.

Well, the last events very good. The fissure of oblivion very easy and brings back fond memories. But please, the lag is overwhelming. However, these last months of events were spectacular. Everything impeccable yours Kibbelz. (I still disagree with the Valedia case). This time thanks Aion team.👍😀

On 5/25/2021 at 4:36 PM, Kibbelz said:

Sir when i read the patch notes of this maintenance i was kind... how can i say... dissapointed... lately wednesday became a "bad aion news train".. i tough it was a personal feeling but then i start to hear more users with same feeling... why?

Every reset on wednesday we recieve:

• A boring farming event, example... the garden.. now Fissure... and when i tough on the rewards.... well.... dont motivate me at all
  • IDD, yeah we had 100 entrance now (after 2 weeks of the main scheduled) but the drop... cant be sold... cant be broken for manastone socketing... ho yeah! we have the "chance" to get materials for something endgame related with a instance that only top groups can made it...  at the end, users are punished of our freedom to use our kinah and items because NCSoft werent able to control the kinah sellers.
  • Ofc.. we get new bugs! Ty NCSoft... you fix something and broke 10 more features...

What i want to tell you is that every wednesday ilusion are destroyed by decitions and mistakes once and again and again... maybe thats the reason many ask for aion classic.. a simple version that was more friendly to the community.

9377bd818691af2b132ead48e85db4ed.gif

Archived